Hi,

This is a article that was posted on ESPN, I thought it was kind of interesting what the new OC has planned for us in the coming year.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post?id=475

Colts' changes with Hamilton - January, 21, 2013

By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

In an intriguing twist of fate over the past week, Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck lost the architect of his offense from his phenomenal rookie campaign -- Bruce Arians, who took the HC job in Arizona -- but gained the man who had guided him at the tail end of his career at Stanford -- Pep Hamilton, who left his job as the "Andrew Luck director of offense" with the Cardinal to take on the OC post under Chuck Pagano. So what changes should we expect out of Indy's offense as a result of that substitution?

Hamilton explained his offensive strategy on Saturday, per Peter King of Sports Illustrated: "It'll be a variation of the West Coast -- the West Coast principles, the short, efficient passing game, a high completion rate, but I enjoy watching our guys come off the ball, the guys up front and try to knock the opponent back. I'm a big believer in the power running game, running gap schemes and I think ultimately that opens up your passing game, play-action passes ... and get free access outside on the perimeter and find ways to get Reggie Wayne the ball. I want to be flexible schematically and make sure that we find ways to get the ball into our dynamic playmakers' hands."

This could, potentially, reduce the amount of deep-ball chances that Luck takes in 2013, which could result in a higher completion percentage and fewer interceptions. King notes, for example, that Luck was a 71 percent passer at Stanford in 2011, a figure that dropped to 54.1 percent with Indy in 2012. In addition, there could be a lot more work for TEs Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener, as Hamilton's offense has greatly involved the TEs as receivers in recent seasons (in 2012, two of the top three receivers by yardage were TEs).
From this I would say that targeting the O-line heavy in the draft and in FA is a definite, also I wonder how this affects us having TY Hilton, he is more of a deep threat and if he does not increase his route running skills as well as pass catching he will not have the best time next season, maybe we can trade him for a guy like Rueben Randle, we will defiantly need more possession WR's seeing that right now all we have is Wayne and Allen who are really possession guys.