Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

Sports Logo

Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They just picked up Clark as a FA as well, right?
    No. Clark was a part of the D12 trade.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    By the way, I didn't expect this win. I'm soooo glad that they proved me wrong

I just hope that now the majority of the board fully believes in the team now
    Many here believe in the Team as a whole....but not the Players as individuals.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-21-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    I would trade half the Pacers and my left nut for LBJ.
    Well, just so we are clear. I'd trade half the Pacers and BOTH of your nuts for LBJ.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I agree. To me the shots they were getting, especially early, required tons of OFFENSIVE work, ball movement, drives, rotations. And for each move both defenses would counter.

For example, Gay comes over a high PnR, West hedges hard, tips away Gay's dribble. Gay recovers it about 10 feet away so West gets no stat for that, but the PnR was destroyed and West had time to retreat all the way back to the lane.

Conley tips Hill's pass, Hill tips Conley's pass. Tyler scraps for a rebound, Allen scraps for a rebound. Gay challenges a shot, Paul challenges a shot. It definitely was that heavyweight fight where the knockout couldn't be found as someone said.

Part of the reason Paul had all those assists was the tough Memphis DEF forcing more movement.

Player of the game to me was DAVID BAMF WEST who was just bezerk on defense. There aren't enough regular stats to show just how disruptive he was. The shot blocks were just a blip on the radar of what he did. He was rotating to people all over the place and he kept finding a way to get his hand on the ball. He knocked away more than one dribble that didn't get recovered for a steal (so no stat) and he rotated to tons of people in time to get in their face and force a missed shot.

He had a great defensive game about a week or two ago that I thought was his best as a Pacer, but this was even better than that. I mean he has just been on fire as a defender.

OJ sure has poise. He had a poor TO at one point but didn't get flustered and came back to make some more good plays.

DJ simply hitting 3s does wonders for the bench. He's still not ripping it up, but just a spot up shooter is a big asset.

What has happened to Green? I mean he is getting worse by the minute. Zero confidence. Wild speculation, but I sure hope it's not something behind the scenes that's wrecking his game because he does not look right. He made the right call on shots to take, he just doesn't look good executing anything right now. Even his hops are down a bit.

Roy was great on defense, but it seems like his offense might have slipped down yet another notch somehow. I used to think he was going to salvage that end of the court but its looking very unlikely now. At least he's an outstanding one-way player.

**** TRIPLE DOUBLE SIDEBAR******
    Pacers now have near trip dubs from the 4 regular starters
    Roy - legit
    West - legit
    Hill - lost it when assist was taken away
    Paul - missed by one assist and Hill had an open 3 that would have been the 10th assist late

That's pretty crazy, 4 legit trip dub threats on one team. Not sure Danny could get the blocks, steals or assists to join that group, but he has the talent. But lets make Danny the Reggie player, big scorer who won't trip dub. Can you guys think of any Pacer team that would have had Reggie PLUS FOUR guys that each were trip dub threats?

Chuck (iffy), Det (obvious) and...Mike Williams or Smits? Not really, though Smits almost had one that I saw (missed on assist), and it wasn't that era.

Jax (sure), McKey (maybe), Smits or Dale? No

JO (sure), Ron (sure), Tins (did it) and....Al or Jack? Doesn't seem likely and Al especially would seem doubtful on assists or any defensive stat.
    Paul George had his 10th assist on a PnR with West. for some reason they didn't give him the assist. But he definitely got it.

I think the only way Granger could get a triple double is through blocks, and that's just a little too high for him.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    You guys are acting like LeBron is O.J. Simpson or something. LeBron didn't cut off a waiter and his wife's head. His biggest transgression is what? Choosing to go to Miami as a free agent instead of returning to Cleveland? How dare he! My morals will not allow me to root for such a man!
    You are jumping to conclusions all over the place! Name one person that said LeBron is a bad guy.

I don't want guys with any type of attitude. LeBron isn't that way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Well, just so we are clear. I'd trade half the Pacers and BOTH of your nuts for LBJ.
    HAHA nice.

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I'm with Will. James definitely wouldn't feel like "one of our guys" and any winning with him would feel unearned and would ring hollow to me. I don't like "bought" wins, and I'm a Yanks fan. I refuse to root for ARod still and continue to hate him. No WS ring changes that. The team I loved was a bunch of farm system kids like Jeter, Rivera, Bernie and Posada plus some marginal talents that people didn't think much about like Tino and Pauly O.

When the Yanks bought Knoblauch, Mussina or the antichrist Clemens, I LOATHED the idea and them as Yanks.

It's not just the buying I suppose because I loved CC and Granderson before they became Yanks. It's just that as a fan I have to like and respect the player first, and then at least partially respect how they were acquired.

I could support trading for Bosh, I could support trading for Dirk, and I would be thrilled for Noah to become a Pacer somehow, but I could never, ever be excited about Lebron as a Pacer. I could maybe support a guy like Kobe if it was so late in his career that he was a role player ala B Scott.

Now maybe if Lebron stays in Miami and puts up a nice career, then at the end they blow the team apart and he's discarded and the Pacers bring him in as that vet getting one last shot...maybe then, and I'd have to see how things went up to that point to be sure.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Who else thinks Granger should rock the badass oldman game goatee when he comes back??? Also he should throw a few random elbows from time to time to remind people that the slower and older he gets the more of an ******* he becomes...

jus' sayin'

Read it and weep:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Did they credit Paul George for a trip double because TNT ticker shows that he got it

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    Did they credit Paul George for a trip double because TNT ticker shows that he got it
    I don't know, but he definitely should have. They definitely screwed him out of an assist...

Read it and weep:

Maybe they went back and checked hope he got it he deserves it

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    Is Tony Allen the same player Boston offered in that Maquis Daniels S&T and everyone here said "Hell No"?
    I honestly don't remember that. Is he? Is there a link anywhere?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    Maybe they went back and checked hope he got it he deserves it
    ESPN still shows him an assist short.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Nope.

I realize I would be making a bad basketball decision in the process.

However, I could not sleep at night knowing that LeBron James was wearing a Pacers jersey.

Sorry.
    Only reason I wouldn't be able to sleep would be the sheer excitement of what LeBron would turn this team into!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    He has issues outside of basketball, the rumor is that he can't go to Chicago because some gangs wants to kill him.
    He played in Chicago on Saturday lol

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    no clue, but that'd be what, 4 years ago?
    Not to mention the whole reason they are having to consider moving Gay is because of how their starting 5 adds up right now. Allen is great defensively, but he is a crippling wink link on the perimeter offensively he can't even do that Bruce Bowen stand in the corner and hit 3s act. That's my opinion at least.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-21-2013 at 09:22 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

To me Green's release just looks off he is not shooting it like he did early in the season, maybe he will get it back, but right now OJ is the calmer player at the moment and more confident.

Also, I see all of you guys throwing around names of shooters to go get and it's like uh, hellooo, Danny Granger?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Great D, lucky bail out on the foul on Hill. Don't expect to get that call when you're driving head down into a poor shot attempt on the deciding possession. Nice road win against a good team.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

By me ^^

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

I'm late at the party again, but what a nice win over an equally-great defensive team in Memphis. Solid contributions from the starters, and the bench as well. It could have gone either way as both teams can neutralize each other, but thankfully that slim lead favored us at the end.

Special mention to PG tonight with an almost triple double and with superb defense on Gay!
    Our bigs also limited the opposing bigs, so a job well done as well!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    To me Green's release just looks off he is not shooting it like he did early in the season, maybe he will get it back, but right now OJ is the calmer player at the moment and more confident.

Also, I see all of you guys throwing around names of shooters to go get and it's like uh, hellooo, Danny Granger?
    What, is Granger available? Is there some way we could trade for him?

I just don't see how a Pacers fan could not be geeked over DG's pending return. What he does is exactly what's been missing.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Mood

If we could win this one tonight then I see no reason we can't win at least 2 of the next 3. If we do we'll be sitting mighty, mighty pretty going into the home-heavy portion of our schedule in February. February is where we should make some separation between ourselves and everyone except Miami. New York is struggling, Brooklyn is streaking, but I doubt they keep up such a torrid pace and as we all know a coaching change does have a bit of a honeymoon period. If we win 2 of our next 3 we should be looking to possibly pass up Miami by the end of February.

As to Naptown's post, he's completely right, we should all be geeked. Last year the Pacers were 8.1 points per 48 minutes better offensively when he was on the floor, and allowed 3.6 points less per 48 minutes than when he was sitting or out. His mere presence is going to open up slashing lanes for Paul, reduce the double teams Roy gets, lessen the defensive pressure on David West and for everyone else. Lance has been hitting at a respectable rate, but teams don't respect him like they do Danny. Danny is a guy that teams have gameplanned specifically to stop for years when they played Indiana. Danny is a phenomenal shooter, who has never played with 2 other guys as dangerous offensively as David and Paul are this year, sans the one year that Dunleavey scored like a maniac. This is the guy who carried the Pacers to 36 wins when his best teammates were Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. Dunleavey who is currently doing well as a 6th man on a mediocre team; a role he was always suited best for, and Troy Murphy who couldn't even avoid being cut by a team that has Jim O'Brien as its assistant coach.

Danny put up 19.4 ppg on 45/41/90 post ASB last season. We're adding that guy to a team already on Pace to win 50+, and to a team who has a guy named Paul George, who is developing into exactly the star that we always said Danny needed to play Robin to in order to compete seriously for a title. Close your eyes for a minute and imagine teams trying to collapse on Paul's drive only to leave Granger with open looks at 3. Paul George's assists are going to go through the roof. Imagine how effective we're going to be once not only Paul starts getting more respect from officials after he plays in the All-Star game, but also with Danny getting to the line 4-5 times a game.

Don't try and pretend that all of you didn't giggle with glee just a little bit thinking about it.

I already believe we could give any team a tough time in a 7 game series now, adding Granger, who had our offense top 10 in the league last season even though David West wasn't 100 percent and Paul George was a spectre of the player he's turned into... This team could get scary good, as in maybe the best NBA Pacers team ever good.
    Last edited by daschysta; 01-21-2013 at 11:14 PM.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I hate Lebron as much as anyone, but it's not like he's committed any crimes, or anything of the sort. He takes care of his family and children, he's well spoken, and he seems to be rather savvy and intelligent for a man that never went to college (you don't build a business empire like his without intelligence and savvy) He's the best basketball player on the planet, hands down. As good as PG is, he isn't as good as Lebron was during his 2nd or 3rd year in the league. That's how good that man is.

Obviously Miami would never ever trade him, but hypothetically speaking, in sports, you don't pass up the chance to get an all-time great; especially if he doesn't have off the court/field issues at all whatsoever. It is what it is lol
    LeBron had no loyalty to his previous organisation. He conspired to leave Cleveland early on and it showed when he only signed a 3 year extension. Paul George can still improve to the point that a max contract would be underpaying him, so we can be pretty sure that there will be no Hibbert type drama and he will be with the team for at least the next 6 years. Getting LeBron would probably mean a 2 year rental while he openly courts other teams.

PREACH.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    If we could win this one tonight then I see no reason we can't win at least 2 of the next 3. If we do we'll be sitting mighty, mighty pretty going into the home-heavy portion of our schedule in February. February is where we should make some separation between ourselves and everyone except Miami. New York is struggling, Brooklyn is streaking, but I doubt they keep up such a torrid pace and as we all know a coaching change does have a bit of a honeymoon period. If we win 2 of our next 3 we should be looking to possibly pass up Miami by the end of February.

As to Naptown's post, he's completely right, we should all be geeked. Last year the Pacers were 8.1 points per 48 minutes better offensively when he was on the floor, and allowed 3.6 points less per 48 minutes than when he was sitting or out. His mere presence is going to open up slashing lanes for Paul, reduce the double teams Roy gets, lessen the defensive pressure on David West and for everyone else. Lance has been hitting at a respectable rate, but teams don't respect him like they do Danny. Danny is a guy that teams have gameplanned specifically to stop for years when they played Indiana. Danny is a phenomenal shooter, who has never played with 2 other guys as dangerous offensively as David and Paul are this year, sans the one year that Dunleavey scored like a maniac. This is the guy who carried the Pacers to 36 wins when his best teammates were Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. Dunleavey who is currently doing well as a 6th man on a mediocre team; a role he was always suited best for, and Troy Murphy who couldn't even avoid being cut by a team that has Jim O'Brien as its assistant coach.

Danny put up 19.4 ppg on 45/41/90 post ASB last season. We're adding that guy to a team already on Pace to win 50+, and to a team who has a guy named Paul George, who is developing into exactly the star that we always said Danny needed to play Robin to in order to compete seriously for a title. Close your eyes for a minute and imagine teams trying to collapse on Paul's drive only to leave Granger with open looks at 3. Paul George's assists are going to go through the roof. Imagine how effective we're going to be once not only Paul starts getting more respect from officials after he plays in the All-Star game, but also with Danny getting to the line 4-5 times a game.

Don't try and pretend that all of you didn't giggle with glee just a little bit thinking about it.

I already believe we could give any team a tough time in a 7 game series now, adding Granger, who had our offense top 10 in the league last season even though David West wasn't 100 percent and Paul George was a spectre of the player he's turned into... This team could get scary good, as in maybe the best NBA Pacers team ever good.

Read it and weep:

If anyone missed the game like me, its re-airing at 3 AM on espn.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2