Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 203

Thread: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

  1. #101
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree about Redick as a shot creator sook Korver isnt but Redick is IMO. In the past he wasn't but he has turned into a pretty decent one. He isnt at George's level but he is a really good PnR player this year and a really good passer all around.
    Absolutely. People should watch J.J. Redick now. He's not the same player he was a couple of years ago.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    I must say... respect to the Grizzlies. They are a really nice team. I love their hustle and style. It's a pretty good milestone to beat such a good team in their home. Never did I think they pulled anything cheap or petty... they earned almost all of their points and just are truly a tough team.

    Really fun game to watch.

    Orlando Johnson looks like a legit player two years from now.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely. People should watch J.J. Redick now. He's not the same player he was a couple of years ago.
    Yeah I think he is similar to Suckleavy in how he can create for others.

  6. #104

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I think he is similar to Suckleavy in how he can create for others.
    Hansbrough with 9 and 8 in 12 minutes, and 5 of those were offensive rebound. Noone else on the team had more than one.

    Great win! Keep it going and catch Miami! Great home stretch coming up they just have to finish this trip .500. They need home court and I feel like they have a real chance to get it this year once Granger returns.

  7. #105
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,227

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Green's gone by the trade deadline.
    Green is owed a guaranteed $3.5 mil per year over the next 3 years....in today's cost and Salary Conscious NBA, I think it would be hard to move him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  9. #106
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,704

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Green is owed a guaranteed $3.5 mil per year over the next 3 years....in today's cost and Salary Conscious NBA, I think it would be hard to move him.
    I think a bunch of us were thrilled with this contract at the beginning of the season - it's reasonable, but Green just isn't panning out for us. Somebody's bound to want to take a chance on him, right?
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  11. #107
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Green is owed a guaranteed $3.5 mil per year over the next 3 years....in today's cost and Salary Conscious NBA, I think it would be hard to move him.
    Eh. I think if Green simply reverts back to his shooting form of last season: 48% on 320 shots, 39% behind the arc... he'll be more loved here. He's simply a shooter who's missing a hell of a lot of shots.

    Asking him to create or facilitate is asking more than he did in NJ. But asking him to simply make the shot he's given, and pass the shots that he has no business shooting is well within reason.

    In January, he's shot 27% from the field and 15% behind the line... that is just awful. He needs to go back to the drawing board.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  13. #108
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,862

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    He was making them around his average before his ankle injury. Ever since then he has shot around 18%. I'm guessing it's still affecting him.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  15. #109
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hansbrough with 9 and 8 in 12 minutes, and 5 of those were offensive rebound. Noone else on the team had more than one.
    If Hansbrough plays a great game but nobody got to see it, did it really happen?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  17. #110
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,704

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Hansbrough plays a great game but nobody got to see it, did it really happen?
    To be honest I mostly noticed his lack of boxing out on defensive rebounds D:
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

  18. #111
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do so many people think a hard defensive game is by definition ugly? I thought even the number of short shots for both teams in the 4th were due to the exhaustion after fighting defenses all game.
    I agree. To me the shots they were getting, especially early, required tons of OFFENSIVE work, ball movement, drives, rotations. And for each move both defenses would counter.

    For example, Gay comes over a high PnR, West hedges hard, tips away Gay's dribble. Gay recovers it about 10 feet away so West gets no stat for that, but the PnR was destroyed and West had time to retreat all the way back to the lane.

    Conley tips Hill's pass, Hill tips Conley's pass. Tyler scraps for a rebound, Allen scraps for a rebound. Gay challenges a shot, Paul challenges a shot. It definitely was that heavyweight fight where the knockout couldn't be found as someone said.

    Part of the reason Paul had all those assists was the tough Memphis DEF forcing more movement.



    Player of the game to me was DAVID BAMF WEST who was just bezerk on defense. There aren't enough regular stats to show just how disruptive he was. The shot blocks were just a blip on the radar of what he did. He was rotating to people all over the place and he kept finding a way to get his hand on the ball. He knocked away more than one dribble that didn't get recovered for a steal (so no stat) and he rotated to tons of people in time to get in their face and force a missed shot.

    He had a great defensive game about a week or two ago that I thought was his best as a Pacer, but this was even better than that. I mean he has just been on fire as a defender.



    OJ sure has poise. He had a poor TO at one point but didn't get flustered and came back to make some more good plays.


    DJ simply hitting 3s does wonders for the bench. He's still not ripping it up, but just a spot up shooter is a big asset.


    What has happened to Green? I mean he is getting worse by the minute. Zero confidence. Wild speculation, but I sure hope it's not something behind the scenes that's wrecking his game because he does not look right. He made the right call on shots to take, he just doesn't look good executing anything right now. Even his hops are down a bit.


    Roy was great on defense, but it seems like his offense might have slipped down yet another notch somehow. I used to think he was going to salvage that end of the court but its looking very unlikely now. At least he's an outstanding one-way player.


    **** TRIPLE DOUBLE SIDEBAR******
    Pacers now have near trip dubs from the 4 regular starters
    Roy - legit
    West - legit
    Hill - lost it when assist was taken away
    Paul - missed by one assist and Hill had an open 3 that would have been the 10th assist late

    That's pretty crazy, 4 legit trip dub threats on one team. Not sure Danny could get the blocks, steals or assists to join that group, but he has the talent. But lets make Danny the Reggie player, big scorer who won't trip dub. Can you guys think of any Pacer team that would have had Reggie PLUS FOUR guys that each were trip dub threats?

    Chuck (iffy), Det (obvious) and...Mike Williams or Smits? Not really, though Smits almost had one that I saw (missed on assist), and it wasn't that era.

    Jax (sure), McKey (maybe), Smits or Dale? No

    JO (sure), Ron (sure), Tins (did it) and....Al or Jack? Doesn't seem likely and Al especially would seem doubtful on assists or any defensive stat.

  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  20. #112

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I disagree about Redick as a shot creator sook Korver isnt but Redick is IMO. In the past he wasn't but he has turned into a pretty decent one. He isnt at George's level but he is a really good PnR player this year and a really good passer all around.
    I agree that he's a good passer and creates opportunities for others, but I assumed with Vnzla's post, that by "shot creator" he meant ballhog that stops the offense completely but scores a lot. (Crawford (Washington), Monta etc). Players who I don't want on the team.

    Redick is just an all around good player who I'd love to have as a Pacer. (Granted, I'd take Korver too.) But I also want to see how this team looks with Granger before we go looking for new toys. And I don't necessarily feel like we need anything. I mean sure, if Orlando will give us Redick for Green and a first, obviously take it...but we don't need to go trading away our good pieces right now because our good pieces have the ability to do a lot of damage in the playoffs, as is.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  22. #113
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think a bunch of us were thrilled with this contract at the beginning of the season - it's reasonable, but Green just isn't panning out for us. Somebody's bound to want to take a chance on him, right?
    I have been reading several Lakers threads (lakersground) and I know for a fact that a lot of Laker fans wish that they had him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  23. #114

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been reading several Lakers threads (lakersground) and I know for a fact that a lot of Laker fans wish that they had him.
    I was going to say, it wouldn't surprise me if they would take him. Not sure if they have anything we would want though.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  25. #115
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    People whined about Barbosa in the playoffs but forget that he played through injury. Now, people want him back.

    Currently, people whine about Green but also seem to forget that he is playing through injury. If we trade him and his shooting reverts back to normal after his ankle is 100% are we going to want him back as well and consider it a FO blunder that we traded him?

    Just be patient
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #116
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been reading several Lakers threads (lakersground) and I know for a fact that a lot of Laker fans wish that they had him.
    As a general rule, Lakers fans are complete morons.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  29. #117
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    By the way, I didn't expect this win. I'm soooo glad that they proved me wrong

    I just hope that now the majority of the board fully believes in the team now
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. #118
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a general rule, Lakers fans are complete morons.
    That doesn't change the fact that they could really use a player with Green's talents at the moment
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. #119
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a general rule, Lakers fans are complete morons.
    Ow and I wouldn't call some of our resident Lakers fans morons either
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #120
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,862
    Mood

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Seth, I was going to thank your post but you kept using the term 'trip dub'.

    FWIW, I thought Frank handled the Green/Orlando substitutions very well today. Green came in and just missed open shots, one an open three in transition and another a good open mid range shot off a pump fake. Vogel sensed he wasn't hitting (as usual) and put in Orlando. He then played Orlando exclusively in the second half. When you have such limited bench options, you have to go with what you have but you also have to flexible. Vogel did that very well today, no complaints from me for this game.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  34. #121
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to say, it wouldn't surprise me if they would take him. Not sure if they have anything we would want though.
    The Lakers don't really have any assets aside from Clark and some future picks. They don't even have their pick this year.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  35. #122
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,704

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People whined about Barbosa in the playoffs but forget that he played through injury. Now, people want him back.

    Currently, people whine about Green but also seem to forget that he is playing through injury. If we trade him and his shooting reverts back to normal after his ankle is 100% are we going to want him back as well and consider it a FO blunder that we traded him?

    Just be patient
    I think the issue is, we saw what Barbosa was capable of in the regular season and were pleased with his performance. The difference between the two is that Green's contributions have been very few and far in between and there is no indication that he's going to get better. Rather, he seems to be getting worse.
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

  36. #123

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Somebody's bound to want to take a chance on him, right?

    Someone did.... Donnie Walsh.

    Green's set for the next 2 1/2 years.

    As far as OJ goes, I like some of the things I see from him.

  37. #124
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,704

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lakers don't really have any assets aside from Clark and some future picks. They don't even have their pick this year.
    They just picked up Clark as a FA as well, right?
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

  38. #125
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the issue is, we saw what Barbosa was capable of in the regular season and were pleased with his performance. The difference between the two is that Green's contributions have been very few and far in between and there is no indication that he's going to get better. Rather, he seems to be getting worse.
    He contributed nicely before the ankle injury
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 12/31/12
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM
  2. Pacers/OKC POSTGAME THREAD
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  4. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  5. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •