Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 203

Thread: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Korver is a shot creator?

    Isn't our shot creator Lance?
    I meant to say shot creator, shooters, somebody that can move without the ball and shoot, the Pacers need somebody like that, of course that my top shot creator is still Monta, him as the 6th man here? ........

  2. #77
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Complaining about the Pacers having too many turnovers would be like Memphis fans complaining about Rudy Gay shooting a poor percentage. Memphis is a juggernaut defense. They have their hands everywhere causing turnovers. That's what they do. Similarly Rudy Gay is not going to shoot well with Paul George guarding him. It's just not going to happen.

    This game is a testament to two great defenses.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  4. #78
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Redick and Korver aren't shot "Creators" and Crawford is a offense stopper. (Although considering the Pacers bench...maybe it wouldn't be too bad. But soon we'll have Lance as a spark off the bench.)

    Truth is, the Pacers don't struggle to score points when they need to. They just struggle to score consistently throughout the game. (And their offensive statistics are skewed a bit because they deliberately slow the offense down.) Regardless, Hill is able to create shots, and PG is getting there.

    Also, it's not that big of a shock that Hill, someone who isn't really a point guard, struggled with point guard related skills, against a good defense. He did last season too. Because, you know..not a point guard. He scored well though. Hopefully, he'll learn how to run an offense against good defenses by the playoffs.
    In his defense, he normally always takes care of the ball really well (1.7 TO/gm). I think we should continue to allow PG to be our "playmaker" (as well as Lance off the bench) and allow Hill to take care of the ball, knock down timely shots, etc.

  5. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Granger?

    B/c outside of Crawford, and Barea, Redick and Korver are shooters, not shot creators whatsoever.
    For Barea to be so small I think he is pretty good in creating his own shot and creating for others, even though he is not elite he is pretty good at it.

  6. #80
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    I wish Lance would have gotten more looks - he was open quite a few times the Pacers took a contested shot and he appeared to be getting frustrated at that as well.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  8. #81
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,003

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Monta as the 6th man would be sweet. Not trading Granger+ for him, he probably wouldn't like the role, and he'd be expensive though.

  9. #82
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For Barea to be so small I think he is pretty good in creating his own shot and creating for others, even though he is not elite he is pretty good at it.
    I'd like Ridnour as well. He's not as "energized" as J.J but he is a very good shooter from 3 and is smart. Not elite, but definitely skilled.

  10. #83
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,003

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like Ridnour as well. He's not as "energized" as J.J but he is a very good shooter from 3 and is smart. Not elite, but definitely skilled.
    I just want to see what happens when Danny comes back at this point.

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  12. #84
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait. You seriously wouldn't trade Paul George for LeBron James if the opportunity presented itself?

    Some of you guys want to win, and you don't care how it happens. I do!

    I've liked watching George grow and now I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

  13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  14. #85

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    i don't remember when i was this excited about this team.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  16. #86
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you guys want to win, and you don't care how it happens. I do!

    I've liked watching George grow and now I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
    I hate Lebron as much as anyone, but it's not like he's committed any crimes, or anything of the sort. He takes care of his family and children, he's well spoken, and he seems to be rather savvy and intelligent for a man that never went to college (you don't build a business empire like his without intelligence and savvy) He's the best basketball player on the planet, hands down. As good as PG is, he isn't as good as Lebron was during his 2nd or 3rd year in the league. That's how good that man is.

    Obviously Miami would never ever trade him, but hypothetically speaking, in sports, you don't pass up the chance to get an all-time great; especially if he doesn't have off the court/field issues at all whatsoever. It is what it is lol

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  18. #87
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    The thing that amazes me about our defense is the consistency of effort, help recover, effort - really basic principles the are difficult to execute all the time, but this team does it almost all the time.

    if I never see Gerald Green pay another minute that's would be fine with me. There is nothing I like About his game
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-21-2013 at 04:39 PM.

  19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  20. #88
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate Lebron as much as anyone, but it's not like he's committed any crimes, or anything of the sort. He takes care of his family and children, he's well spoken, and he seems to be rather savvy and intelligent for a man that never went to college (you don't build a business empire like his without intelligence and savvy) He's the best basketball player on the planet, hands down. As good as PG is, he isn't as good as Lebron was during his 2nd or 3rd year in the league. That's how good that man is.

    Obviously Miami would never ever trade him, but hypothetically speaking, in sports, you don't pass up the chance to get an all-time great; especially if he doesn't have off the court/field issues at all whatsoever. It is what it is lol
    LeBron didn't build his empire. His sponsors did. They just showed him where to sign, and when to show up to film the commercials. Is he the best basketball player on earth right now? Without a doubt. But let's not act like he put together his own business model.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glazedham42 For This Useful Post:


  22. #89
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,187

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you guys want to win, and you don't care how it happens. I do!

    I've liked watching George grow and now I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

    I want to see what PG becomes although I have a pretty good idea already. So I am with you
    Will.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  24. #90
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    my top shot creator is still Monta, him as the 6th man here? ........
    Unfortunately, Monta will never accept to be a 6th man anywhere.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. #91

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Is Tony Allen the same player Boston offered in that Maquis Daniels S&T and everyone here said "Hell No"?

    Not me. I was all in favor of it. I even stated he could play some PG if necessary. Hard nose player that doesn't back down,. ask OJ Mayo.

  26. #92

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Originally Posted by mattie
    I would trade half the Pacers and my left nut for LBJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Call me sentimental or whatever... I just don't want a guy like that on my team. Same reason I don't want Kobe, or Kevin Garnett, or Ray Allen.

    Just flat out dislike them.
    Call me sentimental or whatever...I just want to keep my left nut
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  27. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  28. #93
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that amazes me about our defense is the consistency of effort, help recover, effort - really basic principles the are difficult to execute all the time, but this team does it almost all the time.

    if I never see Gerald Green pay another minute that's would be fine with me. There is nothing I like About his game
    I'm hoping OJ replaces him permanently. He really looks great out there.

    Normally rookies seemed to be lost on defense, but OJ seems to understand his assignments pretty well.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  30. #94
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that amazes me about our defense is the consistency of effort, help recover, effort - really basic principles the are difficult to execute all the time, but this team does it almost all the time.

    if I never see Gerald Green pay another minute that's would be fine with me. There is nothing I like About his game
    In case someone goes past our guards or George and drives to the basket, then you see Roy as an immediate help raising a big shadow and disrupting the shooter or forces him to split out. The rotations are very good. Elite defense. Agreed on Green, too. I won't shed any tears watching him leave and am glad Vogel didn't get back to him and instead put OJ in there.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  32. #95

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping OJ replaces him permanently. He really looks great out there.

    Normally rookies seemed to be lost on defense, but OJ seems to understand his assignments pretty well.
    Don't know about his assignments, but his shooting has been great.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  34. #96
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that amazes me about our defense is the consistency of effort, help recover, effort - really basic principles the are difficult to execute all the time, but this team does it almost all the time.

    if I never see Gerald Green pay another minute that's would be fine with me. There is nothing I like About his game
    I think Green's gone by the trade deadline.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  35. #97
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know about his assignments, but his shooting has been great.
    OJ has been pretty solid on defense I think. He did really well during the nets game guarding Deron Williams and generally doesn't do anything silly - he uses his size well to force opposing players into difficult and contested shots.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  37. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Korver is a shot creator?

    Isn't our shot creator Lance?
    I mean yes he is one of our shot creators on the current roster but IMO we have a few ok ones and one really good one.

    Paul George IMO is the really good one. He was creating shots for everyone today and in the past month or two has developed into that role nicely.

    I disagree about Redick as a shot creator sook Korver isnt but Redick is IMO. In the past he wasn't but he has turned into a pretty decent one. He isnt at George's level but he is a really good PnR player this year and a really good passer all around.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-21-2013 at 05:00 PM.

  38. #99
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you guys want to win, and you don't care how it happens. I do!

    I've liked watching George grow and now I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
    You guys are acting like LeBron is O.J. Simpson or something. LeBron didn't cut off a waiter and his wife's head. His biggest transgression is what? Choosing to go to Miami as a free agent instead of returning to Cleveland? How dare he! My morals will not allow me to root for such a man!
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  40. #100
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron didn't build his empire. His sponsors did. They just showed him where to sign, and when to show up to film the commercials. Is he the best basketball player on earth right now? Without a doubt. But let's not act like he put together his own business model.
    I'm going to have to find some links to prove my point, but I've read numerous articles that say otherwise. Obviously he has business partners who help him make decisions, but there are plenty of players in the league that make the same type of money that Lebron does and has a name that would sell. But nobody currently has a more successful business model than Lebron. I don't think it's just because he has ppl pointing him in the right direction.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 12/31/12
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM
  2. Pacers/OKC POSTGAME THREAD
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  4. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  5. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •