Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

Could barely watch the final play.

Great win!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Grizzlies Pacers postgame thread

1 assist away! SO CLOSE. Paul George deserved that triple double. Such a complete game.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

**waits for the usual suspects to make excuses for the opponent**

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

A Road Win...against a very solid AND healthy Defensive Team.

Also....Tony Allen kept the Grizzlies in this game with his hustle, energy and scrapiness. He's like a smaller and far more effective version of Hansbrough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Best win of the season, easily.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best win of the season, easily.
    I couldn't watch, but it was better than Miami?
    Last edited by CreekShow; 01-21-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    I Bleed Blue

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good win! Great defense! Ahhhh I love it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Banned

I wanted overtime but oh well

Paul George is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I wanted overtime but oh well
    Why?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Why?
    Because I was loving the game, close game, good defense, everybody is playing hard, what is not to like? way better than watching us play against the Bobcats or the Pistons.

Sports Logo

Haha, buzzer beater fail, Though that was one hell of a shot. Anyway, good win
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Wow that game was too close for comfort!
    Hill had an uncharacteristically bad game but I'll throw that in as an anomaly.
    Can't WAIT to have Granger back for some more scoring!

Nice job to DJ and OJ for making big shots when we really needed them!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Great win on the road!!!

Love the play-making from George...

It's going to be such a shame to watch Kobe get another All NBA Defense award over George or Tony Allen

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Gerald Green and a 1st-round pick for Tony Allen, please.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    Gerald Green and a 1st-round pick for a bag of potatoes , please.
    Fixed.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Great hard-fought, defense-focused game. Another playoff quality match-up between these two teams. So similar, yet we've gotten it done twice against them. This has an East-West rivalry potential. And just like our past dealings with Memphis, the deadline had passed before they could seal the deal. Good D, Paul.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul just needs to continue being aggressive. At the start of third he became a little content to just watch, which allowed Memphis that big run. Great win. Huge way to start the trip.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Of course everyone HATES fouls on last possessions, but what are the refs supposed to do? I mean they fouled the crap out of Hill.

Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

30. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Of course everyone HATES fouls on last possessions, but what are the refs supposed to do? I mean they fouled the crap out of Hill.

Why do so many people think a hard defensive game is by definition ugly? I thought even the number of short shots for both teams in the 4th were due to the exhaustion after fighting defenses all game.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Why do so many people think a hard defensive game is by definition ugly? I thought even the number of short shots for both teams in the 4th were due to the exhaustion after fighting defenses all game.
    I agree. To me the shots they were getting, especially early, required tons of OFFENSIVE work, ball movement, drives, rotations. And for each move both defenses would counter.

For example, Gay comes over a high PnR, West hedges hard, tips away Gay's dribble. Gay recovers it about 10 feet away so West gets no stat for that, but the PnR was destroyed and West had time to retreat all the way back to the lane.

Conley tips Hill's pass, Hill tips Conley's pass. Tyler scraps for a rebound, Allen scraps for a rebound. Gay challenges a shot, Paul challenges a shot. It definitely was that heavyweight fight where the knockout couldn't be found as someone said.

Part of the reason Paul had all those assists was the tough Memphis DEF forcing more movement.

Player of the game to me was DAVID BAMF WEST who was just bezerk on defense. There aren't enough regular stats to show just how disruptive he was. The shot blocks were just a blip on the radar of what he did. He was rotating to people all over the place and he kept finding a way to get his hand on the ball. He knocked away more than one dribble that didn't get recovered for a steal (so no stat) and he rotated to tons of people in time to get in their face and force a missed shot.

He had a great defensive game about a week or two ago that I thought was his best as a Pacer, but this was even better than that. I mean he has just been on fire as a defender.

OJ sure has poise. He had a poor TO at one point but didn't get flustered and came back to make some more good plays.

DJ simply hitting 3s does wonders for the bench. He's still not ripping it up, but just a spot up shooter is a big asset.

What has happened to Green? I mean he is getting worse by the minute. Zero confidence. Wild speculation, but I sure hope it's not something behind the scenes that's wrecking his game because he does not look right. He made the right call on shots to take, he just doesn't look good executing anything right now. Even his hops are down a bit.

Roy was great on defense, but it seems like his offense might have slipped down yet another notch somehow. I used to think he was going to salvage that end of the court but its looking very unlikely now. At least he's an outstanding one-way player.

**** TRIPLE DOUBLE SIDEBAR******
    Pacers now have near trip dubs from the 4 regular starters
    Roy - legit
    West - legit
    Hill - lost it when assist was taken away
    Paul - missed by one assist and Hill had an open 3 that would have been the 10th assist late

That's pretty crazy, 4 legit trip dub threats on one team. Not sure Danny could get the blocks, steals or assists to join that group, but he has the talent. But lets make Danny the Reggie player, big scorer who won't trip dub. Can you guys think of any Pacer team that would have had Reggie PLUS FOUR guys that each were trip dub threats?

Chuck (iffy), Det (obvious) and...Mike Williams or Smits? Not really, though Smits almost had one that I saw (missed on assist), and it wasn't that era.

Jax (sure), McKey (maybe), Smits or Dale? No

JO (sure), Ron (sure), Tins (did it) and....Al or Jack? Doesn't seem likely and Al especially would seem doubtful on assists or any defensive stat.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I agree. To me the shots they were getting, especially early, required tons of OFFENSIVE work, ball movement, drives, rotations. And for each move both defenses would counter.

For example, Gay comes over a high PnR, West hedges hard, tips away Gay's dribble. Gay recovers it about 10 feet away so West gets no stat for that, but the PnR was destroyed and West had time to retreat all the way back to the lane.

Conley tips Hill's pass, Hill tips Conley's pass. Tyler scraps for a rebound, Allen scraps for a rebound. Gay challenges a shot, Paul challenges a shot. It definitely was that heavyweight fight where the knockout couldn't be found as someone said.

Part of the reason Paul had all those assists was the tough Memphis DEF forcing more movement.

Player of the game to me was DAVID BAMF WEST who was just bezerk on defense. There aren't enough regular stats to show just how disruptive he was. The shot blocks were just a blip on the radar of what he did. He was rotating to people all over the place and he kept finding a way to get his hand on the ball. He knocked away more than one dribble that didn't get recovered for a steal (so no stat) and he rotated to tons of people in time to get in their face and force a missed shot.

He had a great defensive game about a week or two ago that I thought was his best as a Pacer, but this was even better than that. I mean he has just been on fire as a defender.

OJ sure has poise. He had a poor TO at one point but didn't get flustered and came back to make some more good plays.

DJ simply hitting 3s does wonders for the bench. He's still not ripping it up, but just a spot up shooter is a big asset.

What has happened to Green? I mean he is getting worse by the minute. Zero confidence. Wild speculation, but I sure hope it's not something behind the scenes that's wrecking his game because he does not look right. He made the right call on shots to take, he just doesn't look good executing anything right now. Even his hops are down a bit.

Roy was great on defense, but it seems like his offense might have slipped down yet another notch somehow. I used to think he was going to salvage that end of the court but its looking very unlikely now. At least he's an outstanding one-way player.

Roy - legit
    West - legit
    Paul - missed by one assist and Hill had an open 3 that would have been the 10th assist late

That's pretty crazy, 4 legit trip dub threats on one team. Not sure Danny could get the blocks, steals or assists to join that group, but he has the talent. But lets make Danny the Reggie player, big scorer who won't trip dub. Can you guys think of any Pacer team that would have had Reggie PLUS FOUR guys that each were trip dub threats?

Chuck (iffy), Det (obvious) and...Mike Williams or Smits? Not really, though Smits almost had one that I saw (missed on assist), and it wasn't that era.

JO (sure), Ron (sure), Tins (did it) and....Al or Jack? Doesn't seem likely and Al especially would seem doubtful on assists or any defensive stat.
    Paul George had his 10th assist on a PnR with West. for some reason they didn't give him the assist. But he definitely got it.

I think the only way Granger could get a triple double is through blocks, and that's just a little too high for him.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Roy - legit
    West - legit

That's exciting stuff.

I will also add my opinion that in five years Lance will have more triple doubles than any of our current players.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I will also add my opinion that in five years Lance will have more triple doubles than any of our current players.
    I could see it. He seems like an all-aroud player.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Small point here. JO had the first triple double by a Pacer which included blocks.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5003,2686216

Roy - legit
    West - legit