Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 114

Thread: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

  1. #76

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Have to hand it to the Ravens. Before the season I thought the 49ers and Ravens were the two best teams in the NFL but then the Ravens went through some injuries and I thought they had no shot to make it to the Superbowl and the 49ers just didn't look as dominate as last year, imo. Then the Ravens get healthy at just the right time and the 49ers seem to be playing better with Kaepernick starting at quarterback. As we have seen year after year it really is about coming together at the right time of the season.

    Watching these games has me very excited about the Colts moving to a West Coast offensive philosophy with Pep Hamilton. You see more teams in the NFL spreading it out and using the vertical passing games, like the Colts this year, but I really believe that playing a West Coast style will help the Colts grind out games in the playoffs.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:


  3. #77

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    I never thought I'd see a Harbaugh Bowl before the Manning Bowl but then again its probably for the best.. although it would be kind of cool to have seen Peyton and Eli battle it out on the field the grew up on....

    However I feel bad for the parents you win and lose in this one.. I'm sure Tom Crean will be asked about this ad nauseum for the next two weeks..

  4. #78

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    You know the Harbaugh Bros are looking good for making the changes they did Jim with the QB switch and John with canning Cam Cameron and promoting Jim Caldwell who while a crappy head coach is a pretty good QB coach/OC.

    I really think those made the difference for both teams...

    They could've just as easily backfired.

  5. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,397

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know the Harbaugh Bros are looking good for making the changes they did Jim with the QB switch and John with canning Cam Cameron and promoting Jim Caldwell who while a crappy head coach is a pretty good QB coach/OC.

    I really think those made the difference for both teams...

    They could've just as easily backfired.
    I would never question Jim Harbaugh when it comes to developing and evaluating QBs.

    Harbaugh has never really liked Alex Smith. He used him last season because he had to. Kaepernick was a rookie and there really wasn't anyone else they could get as a FA who was a better alternative. He knew he had a good defense, so he made Smith be a game manager and played a very conservative scheme offensively.

    But Harbaugh knew that he needed a QB who could actually make plays. When he saw that Kaepernick was ready, he used Smith's concussion as an opportune time to get his new guy in.

    Was it fair to Alex Smith to lose his job the way he did? No. But Harbaugh was looking at what was better for the team over what was fair to Alex.

  6. #80

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Both the 49ers and Ravens scored 28 points in their victories today...

    Kind of eerie

  7. #81
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,623

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both the 49ers and Ravens scored 28 points in their victories today...

    Kind of eerie
    They also both won on the road, both overcame halftime deficits, and both held their opponents scoreless in the second half.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  9. #82

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Monumental choke job by Brady and the Patriots. His legacy definitely took a good-sized hit tonight.

  10. #83
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,628

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Everybody see the graphic at the end? Pats were 67-0 at home when they lead at half with Brady. 67-1 now.

  11. #84

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    I just don't see how the Ravens beat the 49ers. That offense is clicking like nothing we've seen before. Of course, I would have thought the Ravens would lose in their first 3 games! I just hope that murderer Lewis gets sent out with a ring. He should be in prison, not in the Super Bowl.

  12. #85
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching these games has me very excited about the Colts moving to a West Coast offensive philosophy with Pep Hamilton. You see more teams in the NFL spreading it out and using the vertical passing games, like the Colts this year, but I really believe that playing a West Coast style will help the Colts grind out games in the playoffs.
    The vertical play will still be needed to make a big play to win a big game BUT we seemed to look for it in almost every play this season and that's risky. That's why switching to a WCO is greatly welcomed by me and like the chances of it. Still remains all about execution and yards after the catch but I'm looking forward to it.



    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't see how the Ravens beat the 49ers. That offense is clicking like nothing we've seen before. Of course, I would have thought the Ravens would lose in their first 3 games! I just hope that murderer Lewis gets sent out with a ring. He should be in prison, not in the Super Bowl.
    Add to that that this whole God thing comes out sooooooooooooo fake. Hope he will cry after the SB and they are gonna be tears not out of joy but of sadness and disappointment.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  13. #86

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Monumental choke job by Brady and the Patriots. His legacy definitely took a good-sized hit tonight.

    He won't be considered better than Montana but he'll never get the criticism Manning got last week.... If you think that's going to happen you're deluding yourself. It helps that Brady won his SB's early and may limp to the end of his career so he'll get a pass..

    Now it seems he's doing the reverse Elway who lost early but won at the end.

  14. #87

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    After the loss I can't really say I disagree with her BUT has she learned nothing from Gisele last season...

    You aren't doing your husband any favors NFL should ban family members of players from social media..

    At least she didn't criticize any of her husband's teammates so this isn't nearly as bad.

    http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...patriots-lost/

    Besides hearing about the Harbaugh Brothers over the next two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl (and Jim’s appearance on Saved by the Bell!), prepare to be inundated by all things Ray Lewis in this his final NFL season.

    I’m guessing Anna Burns Welker – the Former Miss Hooters wife of Patriots’ receiver Wes – will be ignoring a lot it. A reader passed along this screen grab of Anna’s Facebook page last night after the Patriots lost to the Ravens.

    Wives of athletes sure can get feisty. Remember Gisele’s reaction after Wes Welker dropped that pass in the 2012 Super Bowl?

  15. #88

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suck. It. Brady.

    And Belicheat, too.
    Classy.

    28 other teams didn't make it to play any game yesterday. They can suck it more. Including, presumably, your favorite team.

    It's a sad existence if every team not winning a championship is considered to be an embarrassing failure. Have the Pacers been an embarrassing failure every year since 1973? Have the Indianapolis Colts been an embarrassing failure every year in existence except 2006? Has IU basketball been an embarrassing failure every year since 1987?

    No, No, and No.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  16. #89

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Classy.

    28 other teams didn't make it to play any game yesterday. They can suck it more. Including, presumably, your favorite team.

    It's a sad existence if every team not winning a championship is considered to be an embarrassing failure. Have the Pacers been an embarrassing failure every year since 1973? Have the Indianapolis Colts been an embarrassing failure every year in existence except 2006? Has IU basketball been an embarrassing failure every year since 1987?

    No, No, and No.

    The only reason the Pats would be considered an embarrassing failure this season anyways is because they were heavily favored to crush the Ravens at home... so were the Broncos and they got a lot of heat last week for the same exact thing namely by a ton of Pats fans...

    Don't dish it if you can't take it.

    But hey it could be the Ravens year in which case the Pats shouldn't feel that bad it was far worse to lose the SB after going the rest of the season undefeated...

  17. #90

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-kick-ed-reed/

    Bernard Pollard rips Tom Brady for trying to kick Ed Reed

    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 21, 2013, 7:19 AM EST

    Reuters
    When Tom Brady went into a feet-first slide with 20 seconds remaining in the first half of the AFC Championship Game, most people focused on the way Brady bungled the clock management on the play, preventing the Patriots from running another offensive play before halftime. But Ravens safety Bernard Pollard focused on something else.

    According to Pollard, Brady intentionally lifted his right leg because he wanted to kick Ravens safety Ed Reed, who was pulling up to avoid hitting Brady on his slide.

    “You’ve got to keep them legs down,” Pollard said, via CSNNE.com. “You’ve go to keep the legs down. We all know and understand what’s going on there. And as a quarterback, when you go to slide, we’re taught . . . we can’t do anything. When you come sliding, and your leg is up in the air trying to kick somebody, that’s bull crap.”

    It’s impossible to get inside Brady’s brain and say whether he was trying to kick Reed or whether his foot just came up awkwardly as he was sliding. In the same way, it’s impossible to get inside Ndamukong Suh’s brain and say whether he intentionally kicked Matt Schaub on Thanksgiving, or whether Suh’s foot just happened to go in the wrong place as he was falling near Schaub.

    But the NFL saw enough on the Suh-Schaub kick to fine Suh $30,000. Now Pollard, the man who ended Brady’s 2008 season with a shot to his knee, thinks it’s time for the NFL to take a look at Brady.

  18. #91

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Yes, Brady and Suh have pretty much the same history and reputation. The NFL must act now.

    Don't dish it if you can't take it.
    What am I dishing out? I disagree with the ridiculous logic that a non-championship season must in every way be regarded as a failure.

    I disagree with the consequences of such a stupid position. Among other things,

    1) every IU basketball season since 1987 has been a failure- I disagree
    2) Every Indiana Pacers season since 1973 has been a failure. Reggie Miller's entire career: big pile of team failure- I disagree

    It's not hard to see how ridiculous those stances are. Though people with say "Suck it Pats, you failed again, and you failed even WORSE last year, having lost in the Super Bowl"
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 01-21-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  19. #92

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Same reputation? No but if DB did that to a QB they'd be fined.. that part isn't wrong.

  20. #93

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...llion-viewers/

    AFC and NFC Championships draw 47.7 million, 42 million viewers

    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 21, 2013, 3:08 PM EST

    Getty Images
    The NFL’s dominance over the American television landscape continues.

    The Super Bowl is always America’s most-watched television show of the year by a huge margin, but in recent years the AFC and NFC Championship Games have become the second- and third-most-watched shows on American TV. And the numbers from Sunday’s game say that will be the case this year as well.

    According to the NFL, Ravens-Patriots drew 47.7 million viewers on CBS, while 49ers-Falcons drew 42.0 million viewers on FOX. That makes them the most-watched TV shows since the Super Bowl.

    Still, while those are huge numbers, they’re actually down significantly from last year, when Giants-49ers drew 57.6 million viewers on FOX and Ravens-Patriots drew 48.7 million viewers on CBS. So Sunday’s numbers were huge. Just not huge by the recent standards set by the NFL.

  21. #94

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same reputation? No but if DB did that to a QB they'd be fined.. that part isn't wrong.
    Pretty sure it was a defensive reflex to seeing one of the bigger hitters in the league bearing down on him.

    I don't think Brady is out there to injure guys, especially people he respects as much as Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, players whom he genuinely just gushed over all week. Brady is a pretty specialized athlete- he has an athletic arm and great throwing mechanics. As a runner, he is awkward, 35 years old, and likely could not outrun any of the offensive and defensive lineman on the field.

    In a game that featured at east 3 helmet-to-helmet blows by the Ravens, two of which were rightly called penalties, it seems quite odd that this is the play that is being focused on as the one example of dirty football.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  22. #95

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty sure it was a defensive reflex to seeing one of the bigger hitters in the league bearing down on him.

    I don't think Brady is out there to injure guys, especially people he respects as much as Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, players whom he genuinely just gushed over all week. Brady is a pretty specialized athlete- he has an athletic arm and great throwing mechanics. As a runner, he is awkward, 35 years old, and likely could not outrun any of the offensive and defensive lineman on the field.

    In a game that featured at east 3 helmet-to-helmet blows by the Ravens, two of which were rightly called penalties, it seems quite odd that this is the play that is being focused on as the one example of dirty football.

    Fair enough but I think its focused on because Tom Brady and Ed Reed are names..

    And unless Bernard Pollard is executing Patriots players on the field nobody really notices him.

  23. #96

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    12:00 PM PT -- Anna just posted an apology ... "I apologize to Ray Lewis and his family for my comments. In no way did I mean for them to be mean or hurtful. I'm embarrassed for being a sore loser. I wish Ray and the Ravens good luck. Lesson learned!"
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/21/wes-we...#ixzz2Ie8t3MuP

  24. #97
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,310

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    What was the point, then, Anna? Man up. You meant to be an *******. It's OK.

    Also, did people hear Shannon Sharpe rip Belicheat for declining the postgame interview?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ly-GJnfSy6Y
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 01-21-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  25. #98

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Also, did people hear Shannon Sharpe rip Belicheat for declining the postgame interview?
    Did you hear John Harbaugh contradicting the people who were ripping Belichick?

    Harbaugh:

    "I'll treasure that (postgame) conversation (with Belichick) forever. Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it's such a circus. I said I didn't know; I thought we should do it, it's just the right thing to do. And so we did."

    "He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us."

    "I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them.''

    ---
    Did this get mentioned as much as the rants by Sterling Sharpe and Suggs? Why not?

    The Harbaugh quote is in Peter King's MMQB column today:

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ips/index.html
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  26. #99
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Classy.

    28 other teams didn't make it to play any game yesterday. They can suck it more. Including, presumably, your favorite team.

    It's a sad existence if every team not winning a championship is considered to be an embarrassing failure. Have the Pacers been an embarrassing failure every year since 1973? Have the Indianapolis Colts been an embarrassing failure every year in existence except 2006? Has IU basketball been an embarrassing failure every year since 1987?

    No, No, and No.
    I guarantee that Patriots message boards were clowning on Peyton when he lost against the Ravens last week. I guarantee that Pats fans were laughing when we lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl. It doesn't bother me because that's just what fans do when a rival goes down. But the Colts fans who are celebrating the Pats loss are no different than Pats fans who were without question happy when we went down in previous seasons.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  28. #100
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,310

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL Championship Sunday Thread - 1/20/13

    The Suggs video is here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_YsZbXYOx4

    Found it pretty funny.

    Bill should have just sucked it up and did the interview, IMO. It isn't like he has to be all happy go lucky and stuff. Just the standard, "We tip our hats to them, bla bla."
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





Similar Threads

  1. AFC Championship Game Thread
    By D-BONE in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
  2. Super Bowl Sunday is also National Anti-Porn Sunday
    By Basketball Fan in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
  3. Official Pats vs.Colts AFC Championship gameday thread.
    By Frank Slade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 597
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 07:44 AM
  4. AFC/NFC Championship Games Predictions Thread
    By Shade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 02:23 PM
  5. The Official World Championship '06 Thread
    By Julius Sour in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •