Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Luck to Pro Bowl...

  1. #1
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,250

    Default Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Indianapolis Star Sports
    Colts announce QB Andrew Luck will replace Tom Brady in the Pro Bowl.

    www.Indystar.com
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Oh good, no Brady and yes Luck. Maybe I will tune in for a little bit...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  4. #3

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Ugh

    I'm happy for the kid but I remembered what happened to Drew Brees a few years back and hope nothing similar happens.

    But this is the Pro Bowl so who really plays hard anymore....

  5. #4
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,983

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Peyton throwing passes to Reggie again. Peyton and Luck on the same team. Hmm, I might actually watch the pro bowl for like the first time ever.

    Wonder if Peyton and Luck will talk much?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  7. #5

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton throwing passes to Reggie again. Peyton and Luck on the same team. Hmm, I might actually watch the pro bowl for like the first time ever.

    Wonder if Peyton and Luck will talk much?
    I'm sure we'll get plenty camera shots regardless... its not like Favre/Rodgers or even Montana/Young...

    They've known each other for years since their families are friends Oliver was Archie's backup in Houston I know the media wants there to be a fight etc but there's no issue between them. As boring as that sounds.

    It will probably be the highlight of the Pro Bowl.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,983

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure we'll get plenty camera shots regardless... its not like Favre/Rodgers or even Montana/Young...

    They've known each other for years since their families are friends Oliver was Archie's backup in Houston I know the media wants there to be a fight etc but there's no issue between them. As boring as that sounds.

    It will probably be the highlight of the Pro Bowl.
    Yeah, obviously there's nothing personal between them. But this is still uncharted territory for Peyton. For twenty years, from high school through his first 13 seasons as a pro, he was always the man and not a single soul ever threatened his job. Then he was cut by the Colts so that they could make room for the new shinny prospect. This is the first time that Peyton will be around someone who took his job from him. It will be interesting.

  10. #7

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Brady, as usual, finds an excuse not to play.

  11. #8

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, obviously there's nothing personal between them. But this is still uncharted territory for Peyton. For twenty years, from high school through his first 13 seasons as a pro, he was always the man and not a single soul ever threatened his job. Then he was cut by the Colts so that they could make room for the new shinny prospect. This is the first time that Peyton will be around someone who took his job from him. It will be interesting.
    Yeah you're making it more dramatic than it really is considering its the Pro Bowl and well nobody cares. He grew up in this business with his dad he knows he was going to be replaced eventually he figured it would be because he retired rather than being dumped but it is what it is.

    Now if you're talking about when they play later on in the year I'd see your point that would be uncomfortable especially since the game would be here.

  12. #9
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,983

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah you're making it more dramatic than it really is considering its the Pro Bowl and well nobody cares. He grew up in this business with his dad he knows he was going to be replaced eventually he figured it would be because he retired rather than being dumped but it is what it is.

    Now if you're talking about when they play later on in the year I'd see your point that would be uncomfortable especially since the game would be here.
    True, they will be surrounded by about 1000 cameras when they embrace here next season. But this is the pro bowl, aka the most boring event ever, so you gotta search desperately for something to give the game some excitement. As a Colts fan, I do find it interesting that these two will be on the same team. I'm sure that Peyton doesn't hold anything personally against Luck, but it's bound to run through his head that the kid took his job. No one in Manning's life had ever taken his job before. Therefore, I'm interested in their interaction.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Pro Bowl Baby....
    Why so SERIOUS

  15. #11
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    question, so who is the alternate to Griffin?
    Why so SERIOUS

  16. #12
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Eli, Brees or Wilson I guess. I hope they pick Wilson. He deserves it.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,983

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eli, Brees or Wilson I guess. I hope they pick Wilson. He deserves it.
    Definitely not Eli. His mediocre play down the stretch is a major reason the Giants didn't make the playoffs. Brees had a good fantasy season, but that team sucked and he looked bad in key games against Atlanta and New York when they still had an outside chance at the playoffs. I agree with you that Wilson is the one who deserves it.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,219

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brady, as usual, finds an excuse not to play.
    As should all pro-bowlers.

    It's such a waste of time and money, and eventhough it's a glorified scrimmage it risks player's health.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eli, Brees or Wilson I guess. I hope they pick Wilson. He deserves it.
    So just checked none of the starting 3 qb's in the NFC will be at the game, interesting. The three that are replacing them are Brees, Eli, and Wilson in that exact order.
    Why so SERIOUS

  23. #16
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As should all pro-bowlers.http://www.pacersdigest.com/newreply...eply&p=1569475

    It's such a waste of time and money, and eventhough it's a glorified scrimmage it risks player's health.
    Thing is I think players like to make the probowl, but most are pretty hurt when it comes around, and would just rather heal, and the ones that played the week before are just pretty tired, this is what happens though when it gets moved from after the SB to the week before.
    Why so SERIOUS

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eli, Brees or Wilson I guess. I hope they pick Wilson. He deserves it.
    All three are in

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  26. #18
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    that little ***** brady never plays in the probowl
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

  27. #19
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Brady backed out of the pro bowl with a bruised ego.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    I will never, ever understand the utter hate Colts fans have for Brady. I can understand Belichick, but I have nothing but respect for Brady. Peyton and Brady had nothing but respect for each other and I really can't think of a reason to hate Brady. Because he beat us? I mean I guess that makes me not a fan of his, but I just don't understand the universal need to bash him that I have seen from so many Colts fans. I mean to each his own, but Brady is an amazing player and I think at some point you just have to tip your hat to that.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    If you trace it to other colts forums. Manning vs. Brady was Luck vs. RG3 times 1000. There have also been plenty of instances of patriots fans attacking the colts board. Brady got shoved down colts fans throats for years. Its not Brady's fault, he's just overexposed around here.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by spazzxb; 01-23-2013 at 04:46 AM.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,328

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you trace it to other colts forums. Manning vs. Brady was Luck vs. RG3 times 1000. There have also been plenty of instances of patriots fans attacking the colts board. Brady got shoved down colts fans throats for years. Its not Brady's fault, he's just overexposed around here.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I agree, this turned off many Colts fans when the RATS board was invaded by many trash talking (alleged) Patriot fans. Basically had ruined that site for Colts discussion.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,983

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    I've read Pats forums and they don't like Manning, just like most Colts fans don't like Brady. That's just the nature of an intense rivalry. I respect Brady and the Pats though.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    I think you'll find very few people that wouldn't recognize Brady's value. Those would also be delusional not to. As Sollozo said though, it's a rivalry and I totally get many Colts fan don't like him. I don't like him either and laugh when he and the Pats lose a game. Doesn't mean I don't respect him though.

    This is sooooooooo good.

    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  38. #25
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,625

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will never, ever understand the utter hate Colts fans have for Brady. I can understand Belichick, but I have nothing but respect for Brady. Peyton and Brady had nothing but respect for each other and I really can't think of a reason to hate Brady. Because he beat us? I mean I guess that makes me not a fan of his, but I just don't understand the universal need to bash him that I have seen from so many Colts fans. I mean to each his own, but Brady is an amazing player and I think at some point you just have to tip your hat to that.
    I have less issue with Brady than I do Belichick. I actually thought Brady was very over-rated early on in his career, and you'd be hard-pressed to refute me on that, but over the years he has become a master quarterback. The traits he displays today weren't evident in his first 3-4 years. He was a good game-manager back then, and he had some clutch plays, but his production left a lot to be desired. Now it seems like his clutchness and productivity have reversed. He throws an absolutely beautiful ball, puts up ridiculous numbers, but seems to choke in the big moments and hasn't won a title in 8 years. About the biggest beef I have with Brady is his.... GQ persona. He needs to man it up a bit. But that's a small quarrel.

    I think he's become a better pure passer than Manning, but he's not the game-changing "general on the field" that Manning was and has always been. Manning revolutionized the position with his mind. Brady is a very, very good quarterback, but I don't think he had the impact on this generation of quarterbacks like Manning did. Brady didn't revolutionize the position. Manning did. In my mind, even if Manning won less SBs, he will always be the more monumental quarterbacking figure.

    Belichick on the other hand.... douchebag. I don't care if he's actually a nice guy behind the scenes --- soe of the **** he's pulled on the sidelines over the years just makes me mad. Running up scores... faking injuries... Spy Gate... Holding Marvin Harrison so he couldn't get back in the field of play... declining interviews.... not shaking hands.... being a poor sport. Refusing to join NFL Head Coaches Association, having an affair... Cocky play-calling... 4th-and-2. He's an amazing coach, but he's a douchebag.

    I also had a disposition against Willie McGinest and Rodney Harrison... great players who in my mind didn't conduct themselves properly on the field. Rodney played dirty.

    And ya, 10 years ago, almost any Colts forum was almost unlivable.... they were over-ran with complete douchebag Patriots fans. They were the absolute worst to deal with, so cocky and dickish. That mostly changed when we finally beat them in 2006 championship run. But before that, good Lord. They were terrible fans. They were like.... Bulls fans from two years ago when they thought DRose was the next *****... multiplied by 10.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-23-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Similar Threads

  1. Luck to Pro Bowl?
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
  2. 'SUCKY BOWL' winless but no luck
    By HoopMoney in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
  3. 'SUCKY BOWL' winless but no luck
    By HoopMoney in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
  4. 'SUCKY BOWL' winless but no Luck
    By HoopMoney in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •