Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

  1. #1
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    940

    Default [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...trade-deadline

    Keep him or trade him: Danny Granger.

    Gallagher: Keep him. The Pacers would be insane to trade someone who will make your already-successful team that much better. Indiana's success comes from its great defense, but where it really struggles is scoring, and that's the exact thing that Granger brings to the table.

    Gutierrez: Trade him. This might be the toughest call of them all. The Pacers shoot 42 percent, so some help from Granger, an established scorer, can only help. But Paul George is rising in Granger's absence, meaning re-adding the injured Granger might just be counterproductive.

    Foster: Keep him. Selling at the lowest point of value is never a good idea. It's also not absurd to think the Pacers can truly contend for a title with Granger providing the missing scoring punch to supplement the league's stingiest defense. Granger isn't worth his contract, but he fits the bill for what Indiana currently needs most.

    Mason: Keep him. Indiana needs shooting, and he's a shooter. If he is a bad fit when he comes back from injury, you can move him in the offseason when he will have an expiring contract.

    Schwartz: Keep him. The Pacers possess the league's most efficient defense as well as its second-least efficient offense after playing the entire season thus far without Granger. They desperately need his scoring punch to compete in the East, and they may not get full value for him anyway since he has been hurt all season.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,080

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    I honestly don't think I've ever agreed with anything Israel Gutierrez has ever said.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Keep him......... until next year

  6. #4
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    I've never understood those that say he isn't "worth his contract". He's not paid some crazy dollar amount. 20 ppg scorers don't just grow on trees lol.

  7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,080

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never understood those that say he isn't "worth his contract". He's not paid some crazy dollar amount. 20 ppg scorers don't just grow on trees lol.
    speaking of, there's only a third as many of them as there were just 5 years ago

    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...e-gunners-gone

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Why even mess with trading Granger? Just cut him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  12. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    speaking of, there's only a third as many of them as there were just 5 years ago

    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...e-gunners-gone
    And he isn't one of them......

  13. #8
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,080

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he isn't one of them......
    don't quote me

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't quote me
    Then don't post because I quote every post I respond to......

  16. #10
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why even mess with trading Granger? Just cut him.
    For the benefit of the team and to avoid the complete implosion his return will bring, I except Paul, West and Hill to be driving Granger out to some New Castle woods to bury him in a shallow grave ala Goodfellas.

    Danny to Paul at practice - "I said go home and get your shinebox."

    2 hours later they are at Hill's grandmothers place getting supplies before heading out.


    And sure for the short term the team is saved, but once Larry finds out that Paul took out a made guy like Granger it's only a matter of time before the whole crew turns on itself and the team is blown up (literally).

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    speaking of, there's only a third as many of them as there were just 5 years ago

    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...e-gunners-gone
    Freaking great article and research by Abbot with Thorpe's assistance.

    One thing I've thought all year was that I was seeing a lot more physical defense being allowed than normal. I've seen games where West is just mugged, and to be fair I've seen tons of plays by Roy that would have been called in year's past even though it's the kind of play I like to see allowed (defending your space only, not going into the player).

    This year you'd also have to add oversight regarding flops and an intentional attempt to ignore flops by the refs. You have to think that's part of it as well.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he isn't one of them......
    18.2 PPG in his career with 3 out of 7 seasons being over 20 PPG.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Danny brings exactly what this team is in desperate need of to contend (scoring), puts Gerald Green in a suit, and assuming a healthy return, will have great value this summer as an above average starter on an expiring deal. Why would you trade him now? Makes zero sense unless you get a no-brainer type of offer.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    18.2 PPG in his career with 3 out of 7 seasons being over 20 PPG.
    Like I said, he wasn't one of them. He hasn't scored over 20 for a while and he never will again....

  25. #15
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Oooh, my Synergy account still works. Guess they never turned it off...

  26. #16
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Speculation on trading Danny is a bit ridiculous right now. Unless somebody goes Godfather on the Pacers and makes them an offer they can't refuse, they might as well see how well he plays within this newest Frank Vogel system. I personally love the idea of incredible length and overall size on defense and the concept of dual swingmen taking over the wings in offense.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  27. #17
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,000

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Depends on the offer. You trade Granger if the right offer is made. You keep him otherwise. We are a better team with Granger, but that doesn't mean he should be kept.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Freaking great article and research by Abbot with Thorpe's assistance.

    One thing I've thought all year was that I was seeing a lot more physical defense being allowed than normal. I've seen games where West is just mugged, and to be fair I've seen tons of plays by Roy that would have been called in year's past even though it's the kind of play I like to see allowed (defending your space only, not going into the player).

    This year you'd also have to add oversight regarding flops and an intentional attempt to ignore flops by the refs. You have to think that's part of it as well.
    Well, I've still seen some ticky tack fouls here and there I don't like. But if you say it's not as bad this year, then I'm happy. Because the pass few years has been some of the woosiest basketball I've ever watched.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  31. #19
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I said, he wasn't one of them. He hasn't scored over 20 for a while and he never will again....
    Define "in a while".

    As we all know he has not played at all this season.

    In his previous season he scored 18.7 PPG. In a season that the Pacers had 5 other players averaging more than 10 PPG (Roy, West, PG, DC and Leandro) and 2 others averaging more than 9 PPG (GH and Tyler Hansbrough).

    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/...indiana-pacers

    In the 10 - 11 season he did average more than 20 PPG. 20.5 PPG, to be precise. In this season he had 4 players averaging more than 10 PPG (DC, Roy, Dunleavy and Tyler) and 1 player averaging more than 9 (Brandon Rush).

    The last time that Paul Pierce scored more than 20 PPG was the 08-09 season. Why? Because he didn't need to. He had Ray Allen scoring 16.3 PPG, KG scoring 14.3 PPG, Rondo scoring 13.7 PPG and Perkins scoring 10.1 PPG. And Rasheed was at 9 PPG of the bench.

    Simply put, when you have enough options in your team you don't need to score 20 points night in and night out.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Trade him before the Trade Deadline ONLY if the other Team is SIGNIFICANTLY overpaying for him while preserving the Team's ability to make a deep Playoff run this season...otherwise....keep him and then look to trade him in the summer offseason.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  34. #21
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    09-10
    19% spot up for 38% from 3
    17% iso 0.84ppp
    11.3% off screen 43.3%


    10-11
    14.6% spot up for 37.6% from 3
    18.2% iso 0.86ppp
    9.4% off screen 34.8%


    11-12
    24.1% spot up 1.01ppp 37.2% from 3
    11.5% off screens 39.6%
    11.1% iso .8ppp


    07-08 .982 assisted 40.4% 3pt (19.1 points 3.5 assist Dunleavy, Marquis Daniels)
    08-09 .951 assisted 40.5% 3pt (13pt 4.1 assist Jack, Daniels + Rush)
    09-10 .905 assisted 36.1% 3pt (9.4 points 1.4 assist Brandon Rush)
    10-11 .879 assisted 38.4% 3pt (11.2 points 1.7 assist Dunleavy, 9.1 points 0.9 assist Rush)
    11-12 .953 assisted .376% 3pt (39.9% over the last 50 games)

    Over the last 50 games of last season
    19.5 points on 15.1 shots
    .576 TS%
    .519 eFG%

    Maybe I'm crazy but it seems to me that his efficiency declined when he started to get more offense from ISO and less from spotting up and coming off of screens. The transition to more iso happened when he didn't have a productive shooting guard next to him, and his first season with a productive shooting guard that gets assists had almost exactly the same production as the last time he took 15.1 shots per game.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  36. #22
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Define "in a while".

    As we all know he has not played at all this season.

    In his previous season he scored 18.7 PPG. In a season that the Pacers had 5 other players averaging more than 10 PPG (Roy, West, PG, DC and Leandro) and 2 others averaging more than 9 PPG (GH and Tyler Hansbrough).

    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/...indiana-pacers

    In the 10 - 11 season he did average more than 20 PPG. 20.5 PPG, to be precise. In this season he had 4 players averaging more than 10 PPG (DC, Roy, Dunleavy and Tyler) and 1 player averaging more than 9 (Brandon Rush).

    The last time that Paul Pierce scored more than 20 PPG was the 08-09 season. Why? Because he didn't need to. He had Ray Allen scoring 16.3 PPG, KG scoring 14.3 PPG, Rondo scoring 13.7 PPG and Perkins scoring 10.1 PPG. And Rasheed was at 9 PPG of the bench.

    Simply put, when you have enough options in your team you don't need to score 20 points night in and night out.
    Don't waste your time arguing with him. And quit quoting people I have on ignore!

    As for the topic of discussion here, this is the worst time in his career to trade Danny. We are legitimate contenders with his scoring and he must have ZERO value right now because no one knows what that knee has in store.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Tim Duncan had tendonosis in 2009. He seems to be doing okay.

  39. #24
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tim Duncan had tendonosis in 2009. He seems to be doing okay.
    Being one the Best Big Men in League History also helps.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  41. #25
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,221

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: [ESPN] Keep Him or Trade Him? - Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on the offer. You trade Granger if the right offer is made. You keep him otherwise. We are a better team with Granger, but that doesn't mean he should be kept.
    Pretty much what Larry Legend said as well.. unless its an offer that is too good to passs up he wouldnt deal Granger. no way you deal Granger.. it would disrupt chemistry and momentum of this team

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 09:35 AM
  2. Official Danny Granger trade ideas
    By pacer4ever in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 09:24 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •