Thread: Danny Granger career milestone ladder for the rest of this season.

Default Danny Granger career milestone ladder for the rest of this season.

When Danny returns, hopefully in the next couple of weeks, he will have an opportunity to scale the Pacers career scoring ladder pretty quickly.

Sadly since he has missed so many games he is not going to be on track to be the # 2 all time scorer when he contract runs out. If he returns to the team beyond the current contract he can become the # 2 scorer (he'll never pass Reggie)

But for this season he needs to score 12 points to catch & 13 to surpass Pacers legend Mel Daniels moving into 8th all time scoring.

He just needs to score 279 points the res of the season to pass Jermaine O'Neal as the 5th all time leading scorer.

If he plays 30 games and averages 16 a game (not out of the question) he will score 480. This will just leave him just behind Roger Brown.

He'll need 117 steals to surpass Billy Knight for 6th place but I don't suspect he'll come close to that this year (although if he does look out NBA).

The injury is really a downer on his career record path as I believe he would have easily made the top 10 in rebounds & assists.

Also he probably isn't going to move up the shot blocking ladder much because the guy in front of him is Hibbert so they are going up together but Danny won't catch him. He might catch Darnell Hillman before his career ends but he won't catch Dale Davis.

To possibly end your career as the second all time leading scorer for a franchise, any franchise, is quite an accomplishment and I hope Danny gets the chance.

I know he is not popular on here but I've watched the Pacers all of my life and I can say that individually he is one of the most talented players we've ever had in my opinion.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger career milestone ladder for the rest of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I know he is not popular on here
    this makes me extremely sad at the fickleness of some people here

i remember when everyone was hailing danny like he was the next coming.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post:

I believe so too that he's one of the talented Pacers ever. He's a talented scorer and an above-average defender (yeah he was abysmal for some time, but in his early years and last season he has found his lost spirit on defense). While his injuries are not career-damning so to speak, it has constantly bumped his career to fully go into full-speed up. Hopefully in his return, the long rest will make him go back to the All-star Danny form and prove that he's still an integral part of the Pacers' campaign for a championship.

Sports Logo

He's still my favorite Pacer. I think he carried our team during some really dark times. imo The reason we started developing into a playoff team was him. Our whole "Pacers are an exciting young group" started before we added West, it was back then when we played Chicago in the first round. He really carried us into the playoffs and was the only consistent threat (Hibbs sucked, our second best player was Dunleavy?).

Without Granger there's no way this team could have gotten to where it is right now. During all these 08-10 years we could have been today's Bobcats or Raps. But Granger kept us from getting there.

How many stars in the league had to be a part of a really horrible team and didn't ***** about it? Kobe, Pierce, KG, All these guys constantly asked for trades. Look at Kevin Love and how he constantly talks about "This team needs to add more pieces or I won't be part of it". Granger didn't do any of that when he had role players around him, that's why I respect him so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's going to be one of those guys that we miss a lot more after he's gone. Granger was the one guy we had stick through these bad years and give us a bright spot to look at. I'd really like to be able to keep him under a new contract, but it would be almost impossible to keep the young core together in doing so.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac_Daddy For This Useful Post:

I remember whe he fell to us in the draft and within 2 years we were calling him the Gift. Now people act like he is going to hurt this team when he comes back. Short memories by some members of this board. Reggie will always be my favorite pacer, but Danny along with Mel, Roger and Big George,will always be in the next tiier of all time Pacers.
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colts19 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The thing that always stood out to me about Danny was his competitiveness. He's obviously not the athlete nor the talent that many other elite perimeter players are, but that never stopped him from going out and trying to match those guys point for point. Because he was miscast as a primary scorer for a lot of his time in the league, he lost those matchups more often than not, but he's also won those matchups more than a lot of ppl on PD want to give him credit for. He's hit a number of clutch shots in the 4th throughout his career. Danny's always thought he was better than what he is, and sometimes there's nothing wrong with that. I truly believe his self confidence and swagger has rubbed off on other players on this team (most notably Roy and George)

It'd only be poetic justice if he were able to continue being on this team as they compete in the playoffs on an annual basis. It may or it may not happen, but either way, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching and rooting for Danny as a Pacer. I'll be a fan of his and his fist pump/chest bumps after big 3's for the rest of his career.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If he stays with us throughout his career, like another poster stated... he's been the brightest spot on some really bad teams.

Barring anything unforseen, if he keeps his scoring on par and helps this team go deep for a few years, dare I say it?

Retire his number.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    this makes me extremely sad at the fickleness of some people here

i remember when everyone was hailing danny like he was the next coming.
    I blame Satan.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Lol hold up guys - you guys are talking like he's about to get traded or he's gonna be gone. Am I missing something??

I'd be more than happy to hang onto Granger long term...
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post: