Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 113

Thread: NBA all stars starters announced today

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default NBA all stars starters announced today

    For the east Rondo, Dwade, Lebron, KG and Melo

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    KG is averaging 14 and 7 I don't know about that.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    And for the West, KD, CP3, Kobe, Howard and Blake.

  4. #4
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,353

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KG is averaging 14 and 7 I don't know about that.
    Its both a popularity contest and a contest to see whose the biggest jerk/douchebag in the league. This year, the douchebaggery award in the East goes to KG.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,124

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    And Blake Griffin just earned $16 million.

  7. #6
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Its such a joke that the Celtics get two all star starters.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its such a joke that the Celtics get two all star starters.
    It is not a joke at all. Their point guard is one of the Leagues best and KG has been a superstar for a long time. They will keep getting better and better as the season goes on. I would take Boston right now in a seven game series with the Pacers......

  10. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    3 guys out of 4 on TNT have Paul George as an all star, West is not.

  11. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    3 guys out of 4 have J.R Smith as an all star.

  12. #10
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 guys out of 4 on TNT have Paul George as an all star, West is not.
    Did they say when they are announcing the bench?

  13. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did they say when they are announcing the bench?
    Next week.

  14. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,649

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 guys out of 4 on TNT have Paul George as an all star, West is not.
    Proof that flashiness gets more attention than fundamentals, regardless of the effectiveness of the fundamental player. That's not a knock on George, just an observation of the way fans think when they vote on something like this.

  15. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    @ScottAgness: Frank Vogel is adamant that @Paul_George24 is an All-Star. He said just look at tonight's game, which should have solidified it.

  16. #14
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,583

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proof that flashiness gets more attention than fundamentals, regardless of the effectiveness of the fundamental player. That's not a knock on George, just an observation of the way fans think when they vote on something like this.
    I agree, and honestly that's probably the way it should be in a sense. In an All-Star game, fans want to see flashy dunks and guys doing amazing things. Then again, I also think it's dumb that guys like West and other less flashy players get overlooked.

  17. #15
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Zach Lowe offers his opinion:

    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tar-selections

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Lowe
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EASTERN CONFERENCE

    Starters:
    G Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
    G Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia 76ers
    FC LeBron James, Miami Heat
    FC Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
    FC Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks

    Reserves:
    G Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
    G Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
    FC Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
    FC David West, Indiana Pacers
    FC Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets
    WC Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls
    WC Chris Bosh, Miami Heat

    WESTERN CONFERENCE

    Starters:

    G Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
    G Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
    FC Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
    FC Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
    FC Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers

    Reserves:

    G Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
    G James Harden, Houston Rockets
    FC Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies
    FC LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers
    FC David Lee, Golden State Warriors
    WC Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
    WC Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
    Click the link for his rationale.

    Of course, he paid no heed to the fan vote and thus opened up a spot on both the East and the West by omitting Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  18. #16
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is not a joke at all. Their point guard is one of the Leagues best and KG has been a superstar for a long time. They will keep getting better and better as the season goes on. I would take Boston right now in a seven game series with the Pacers......
    You are just all over trolling me tonight. First in the soccer thread, now this one.

    It is a joke that two of the 5 starters in the East consist of Rondo and Garnett. Garnett's stats are a joke. 14 points and 7 rebounds are not all star numbers. Not to mention the Celtics are 20-18. Rondo should be starting maybe, and that should be the only Celtic on the All Star team. If 3 Celtics make it, that would be a travesty.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  20. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are just all over trolling me tonight. First in the soccer thread, now this one.

    It is a joke that two of the 5 starters in the East consist of Rondo and Garnett. Garnett's stats are a joke. 14 points and 7 rebounds are not all star numbers. Not to mention the Celtics are 20-18. Rondo should be starting maybe, and that should be the only Celtic on the All Star team. If 3 Celtics make it, that would be a travesty.
    I fully expect Pierce to be named. I don't see any real outstanding centers in the East this year. Garnett is as good as any and he is an established superstar. Besides, the fans voted and he won. Anything you say is just sour grapes and you are the one trolling, not me.... If you don't say really absurd things, I wouldn't comment......

  21. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    KG should not be an all star, Pierce and Rondo deserve to be all stars.

  22. #19
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,606

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fully expect Pierce to be named. I don't see any real outstanding centers in the East this year. Garnett is as good as any and he is an established superstar. Besides, the fans voted and he won. Anything you say is just sour grapes and you are the one trolling, not me.... If you don't say really absurd things, I wouldn't comment......
    I think what he is saying is the Celtics are 20-18...... if you have 3 all-stars on your team, then you should have a better record than 20-18. they were under .500 for most of the voting time, if you can hardly stay above .500 then all 3 of them probably aren't playing at an all-star level

  23. #20
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see any real outstanding centers in the East this year.
    Joakim Noah is averaging 12.4 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 4.1 APG, 2 BPG and 1.1 SPG.

    He should and he will be an All-Star since he has better stats and has led the Bulls to a much better record than KG has.

    Anyway, the fans once more went for reputation over production and result. I'm not surprised at all. The coaches will select the true All-Stars.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  24. #21
    Member trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    232
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is not a joke at all. Their point guard is one of the Leagues best and KG has been a superstar for a long time. They will keep getting better and better as the season goes on. I would take Boston right now in a seven game series with the Pacers......
    This coming from the same guy who said he was going to place bets AGAINST the Colts and Pacers every game because he knew he'd come out a winner. How's that working out for you bud?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to trey For This Useful Post:


  26. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This coming from the same guy who said he was going to place bets AGAINST the Colts and Pacers every game because he knew he'd come out a winner. How's that working out for you bud?
    I have never bet against the Pacers, that is untrue. I did bet against the Colts and that didn't go very well... What does that have to do about comments about the Pacers? Are you picking the Pacers over Boston in a seven game series? If so, you greatly underestimate the power of superstars and one would have thought that Miami showed you what that was all about against Miami last year. I think it is even possible that Boston will finish the regular season with a better record than the Pacers. I still think Boston is the second best team in the east regardless of what their season record is. I also think the Pacers are about the fourth to sixth best team in the east regardless of the record. I look for the Pacers to go out in the first round of the playoffs unless they get a good draw like last year with a team with their superstar out with injury. I believe the Pacers are a very good regular season team because they can play lots of players. But, as always, when they shorten those rotations and the superstars start getting heavy minutes, the Pacers won't be able to compete with that. I think they definitely would lose to Miami, Boston, Knicks or Chicago. They might also lost to Atlanta in a playoff game....

  27. #23
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If so, you greatly underestimate the power of superstars and one would have thought that Miami showed you what that was all about against Miami last year.
    Not really. If anything you just overestimate the power of superstars

    The Miami series showed what most people expected. You cannot go deep in the playoffs if you don't have a bench that you can trust unless you have superstars.

    We don't have superstars so we need a bench. We didn't have a bench last year. Do we have one now? That's the question.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

    rel

  29. #24
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    I think I'd rather have Kyrie start over Rondo. Rondo's a starter???

    Not a fan of KG as a starter either.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  30. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA all stars starters announced today

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'd rather have Kyrie start over Rondo. Rondo's a starter???

    Not a fan of KG as a starter either.
    Kyrie was hurt for a while.

Similar Threads

  1. All-Star Starters Announced
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 03:49 AM
  2. NBA All-Star starters announced tonight [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
  3. NBA All-Star starters announced tonight [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 02:10 PM
  4. All Star Starters announced
    By Robertmto in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 03:27 PM
  5. All-Star Starters Officially Announced on TNT:
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •