Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 94

Thread: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

  1. #51
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,841

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name is Lance.
    Are you comparing Lance to JR Smith or Crawford?

    These guys are scoring 17 + points off the bench. Lance can't do that as a starter.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  2. #52
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,662

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    I wasn't real hyped on Barbosa after his performance in the Miami series, but at this point, why not?

  3. #53
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,601

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you comparing Lance to JR Smith or Crawford?

    These guys are scoring 17 + points off the bench. Lance can't do that as a starter.
    Do you think that it is that simple? Or do I really need to explain why Lance could do something similar if given the same sort of opportunity?

    Here I'll save us both the time.

    Lance's stats 27 MPG 3.2 FGM/6.7 FGA (48.6%) 7.8 points
    JR's stats 33 MPG 6.2/15,4 (40.7%) 16.7 points
    Jamal's stats 29MPG 5.6/13.2 (42.3%) 16.6 points

    So uh yeah, I think if I doubled Lance's shot attempts on his already superior to both of these guys shooting percentage he could probably do about the same thing. Lance is the 5th scoring option in the starting lineup right now, but if you put him in a bench role, he could be an offensive focal point, just like JR and Jamal. (And it looks like he could probably do it more efficiently)
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-17-2013 at 10:51 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess we'll all forget how awful he was in the playoffs if it means we can love a player who isn't a current Pacer!
    Yeah. Then again, what if he comes in as the backup point guard this time?

    Barbosa, Lance, Young/Green, Tyler, Ian.

  6. #55
    Member piggyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    90
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you comparing Lance to JR Smith or Crawford?

    These guys are scoring 17 + points off the bench. Lance can't do that as a starter.
    Lance is not the focal point of the offense when he's on the floor as a starter. He's not a ballhog either.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piggyKing For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,662

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    If I shot the ball as much as J.R. I could probably put up 17 PPG, too.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  10. #57
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    He might as well have asked for a trade to the Bobcats. It would be a rare NBA team that would use him for anything except for streaky offense due to desperation during games when virtually nobody else can throw the ball into the ocean, or a warm body to fill out the roster for garbage time minutes...I guess we could use him for that without inflicting very much damage.

    Hmm...maybe we could work out a three way trade where Boston gets the Bobcats 2nd pick and our first, we send the Hansbroughs to Charlotte, and we get Barbosa and Charlotte's first?

  11. #58
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I shot the ball as much as J.R. I could probably put up 17 PPG, too.
    But your arms would give out first. Gotta give him credit for building up his chucking endurance level. If the dude shows up on your YMCA team you just walk off the floor because why bother.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  13. #59
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    In Barbosa's defense....he had a bum ankle during the playoffs last year. Was was tremendous for us up until that point.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  15. #60
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,812

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess we'll all forget how awful he was in the playoffs
    He was reportedly injured in the playoffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if it means we can love a player who isn't a current Pacer!
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #61
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,812

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you comparing Lance to JR Smith or Crawford?

    These guys are scoring 17 + points off the bench. Lance can't do that as a starter.
    JR Smith scores 16.8 points per game in 15.4 field goal attempts per game. He is shooting 40.7% from the field (49.7 TS%).

    Jordan Crawford scores 18.9 points per game in 16.8 field goal attempts per game. He is shooting 41.8% from the field (51.2 TS%).

    Lance Stephenson scores 7.8 points per game in 6.7 field goal attempts per game. He is shooting 48.6% from the field (55.2 TS%).

    By all means, if Lance was allowed to chuck as many shots as they are allowed, I could easily see him scoring just as much (if not more) points.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  18. #62
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,812

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jamal's stats 29MPG 5.6/13.2 (42.3%) 16.6 points
    Wait, was he talking about Jamal or Jordan Crawford?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. #63
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,812

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    By the way, I have no problem about Leandro being back. I liked him here and I'd love it if he was to come back.

    But I wouldn't trade Gerald for him. Gerald is giving us a lot of things defensively and on the boards that Leandro cannot. He is a part of our defensive identity.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. #64
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,416

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I wouldn't trade Gerald for him. Gerald is giving us a lot of things defensively and on the boards that Leandro cannot. He is a part of our defensive identity.
    Not really.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2013.html

    Green is our worst rebounding wing, just a shade under Lance if you look at TRB%. And Green's DRtg is the worst on the team, not counting DMac. Those are not signs of a good defender. On the plus side, he's an above average shotblocker for a wing, but that seems to be a very mild positive compared to all his shortcomings.

    Barbosa at minimum salary is well worth it, I think. Certainly better than Green at $3.5m.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  22. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,090

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2013.html

    Green is our worst rebounding wing, just a shade under Lance if you look at TRB%. And Green's DRtg is the worst on the team, not counting DMac. Those are not signs of a good defender. On the plus side, he's an above average shotblocker for a wing, but that seems to be a very mild positive compared to all his shortcomings.

    Barbosa at minimum salary is well worth it, I think. Certainly better than Green at $3.5m.
    I thought the same thing about Green. Poor defender and poor rebounder. He doesn't bring anything to this team, if he's not scoring he's a liability with a 3 year contract. We should have offered Barbosa the min. deal first.

  23. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    154

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not interested.

    He is not going to help the Pacers much in the playoffs. Sure, he could help them win some regular season games, but then you also risk getting a lower draft pick.

    Give it some more time. You don't develop good chemistry (on the court) in less than 4 months. Granger will be back soon and most players will slip down a place on the offensive ladder.

    In the long term it makes little sense to trade for Barbosa.
    Hopefully we won't need him to be an All-Star in the playoffs, ideally George, Granger, and West will be firing on all cylinders and we'll just need some energy minutes from him more than anything.
    I really hope Pritchard makes a pitch for him. The Brazilian Blur making a comeback would be like Christmas! Olé
    Forever struggling to convince myself "In Larry we trust"
    Writer at NoseBleedSectionSports.com

  24. #67
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,601

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, was he talking about Jamal or Jordan Crawford?
    I don't know LOL Is there a difference?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  26. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know LOL Is there a difference?
    This year ya lol/ As much as I hate Jaamal and how he plays the game he is having a bounce back year into elite chucker form. Jordan isn't an elite chuck-er he is more in the Nick Young level.

  27. #69
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,890

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the same thing about Green. Poor defender and poor rebounder. He doesn't bring anything to this team, if he's not scoring he's a liability with a 3 year contract. We should have offered Barbosa the min. deal first.
    I agree that we should have offered Barbosa the minimum first; but I think that the FO wanted to go with more size on the wings (Barbosa's lack of size hurt us against MIA in the playoffs)

    I disagree that Green is a poor defender. His defensive IQ has risen since earlier in the season as he doesn't get lost on defense quite as often. On the ball, he does a good job of using his length and athleticism to contest shots and to make the ball handler uncomfortable. I was at the Miami game, and he had a big hand in Ray Allen going scoreless against us. Ray couldn't get a clear shot over the 6'8 Green.

    Looking back it's easy to think "ohh we should have resigned Barbosa for the minimum" but Barbosa was coming off a poor performance in the playoffs, and an up and down regular season whereas Green was scoring in double figures on good % for the Nets. (The guy also looked good in pre season) Yes it was a bad team, but putting up good shooting percentages on a bad team normally translates. It just hasn't worked out unfortunately.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  29. #70
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, was he talking about Jamal or Jordan Crawford?
    Clearly it was about Joey Crawford...
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  30. #71
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,111

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, I have no problem about Leandro being back. I liked him here and I'd love it if he was to come back.

    But I wouldn't trade Gerald for him. Gerald is giving us a lot of things defensively and on the boards that Leandro cannot. He is a part of our defensive identity.
    They both turn the ball over too much
    Smothered Chicken!

  31. #72

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2013.html

    Green is our worst rebounding wing, just a shade under Lance if you look at TRB%. And Green's DRtg is the worst on the team, not counting DMac. Those are not signs of a good defender. On the plus side, he's an above average shotblocker for a wing, but that seems to be a very mild positive compared to all his shortcomings.

    Barbosa at minimum salary is well worth it, I think. Certainly better than Green at $3.5m.
    Yeah, I don't trust the defensive rating stat. I'll stick to the eye test. If he's in his opponent's face and they drain a shot, according to that statistic he played poor defense. Common sense says otherwise. LeBron James has the exact same defensive rating. This is also the same rating Bruce Bowen had for his entire career. Kobe this year is at 108. Metta & Wade at 105. If I were going all in w/ this stat, I'd sincerely believe LeBron James and Gerald Green were equal defenders, which would make me a fool.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  33. #73
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,647

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    In his defense, he was playing on a sprained ankle. I'd welcome him back with thunderous applause! He's worth at least a future 2nd round pick.

    I believe that the Pacers can cut McGuire at anytime after but they just have to pay him for the rest of his 10-day contract. There is no waiver process with 10-day contracts so once a player is released another player can be added same day, IIRC.

  34. #74
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,812

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2013.html

    Green is our worst rebounding wing, just a shade under Lance if you look at TRB%. And Green's DRtg is the worst on the team, not counting DMac. Those are not signs of a good defender. On the plus side, he's an above average shotblocker for a wing, but that seems to be a very mild positive compared to all his shortcomings.

    Barbosa at minimum salary is well worth it, I think. Certainly better than Green at $3.5m.
    I see. The stats don't match my eye test but then again it's hard to find a weak defensive link in this team.

    But still he's a better rebounder and defender than Barbosa. And basketball reference seems to agree with this notion. Green has a DRtg of 103 this season while Barbosa has a DRtg of 106. Barbosa had a 105 DRtg when he played with us last season.

    Also, Green has a 7.1 TRB% to Barbosa's 4.3 TRB% this season (7.5 to 5.2 respectively for their careers).

    So, by trading Green for Barbosa you gain:

    1) Scoring

    2) Veteran leadership

    But you lose:

    1) Rebounding

    2) Some defense

    3) Size, length and athleticism

    Are we sure that we want to go this route?

    PS: Barbosa at veteran minimum is certainly worth it. I don't disagree with that at all.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  36. #75
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa has requested trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see. The stats don't match my eye test but then again it's hard to find a weak defensive link in this team.

    But still he's a better rebounder and defender than Barbosa. And basketball reference seems to agree with this notion. Green has a DRtg of 103 this season while Barbosa has a DRtg of 106. Barbosa had a 105 DRtg when he played with us last season.

    Also, Green has a 7.1 TRB% to Barbosa's 4.3 TRB% this season (7.5 to 5.2 respectively for their careers).

    So, by trading Green for Barbosa you gain:

    1) Scoring

    2) Veteran leadership

    But you lose:

    1) Rebounding

    2) Some defense

    3) Size, length and athleticism

    Are we sure that we want to go this route?

    PS: Barbosa at veteran minimum is certainly worth it. I don't disagree with that at all.
    I feel like scoring and veteran leadership is exactly what we need. The benefit of those two would outweigh the detriment of the latter, especially given that losses accounted for would be marginal at best.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Similar Threads

  1. It is possible that Leandro Barbosa will not come back
    By AugustinGrangerHill in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 11:46 AM
  2. Leandro Barbosa picked for Brazil's Olympic team
    By Coupe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 02:55 AM
  3. Get to know Leandro Barbosa (Pacers Crate)
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 10:38 AM
  5. Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa to have surgery, out for a month [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •