Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 228

Thread: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

  1. #151

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, got tickets for the opening game, going with a few soccer fanatic friends of mine. Pretty excited! They have got to make a move quickly to have a chance of making it into the MLS. Why the hell doesn't MLS have relegation and promotion and such? Kinda stupid.
    Because no owners would buy a new franchise if it could get demoted down to a lower level. It would cost them millions. Also fans wouldn't understand why they weren't playing in MLS anymore. The salary cap also makes a possibility that a big franchise like Los Angeles or Seattle could be demoted, which would hurt the league financially. Pro-rel is terrible financially.

  2. #152
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,690
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because no owners would buy a new franchise if it could get demoted down to a lower level. It would cost them millions. Also fans wouldn't understand why they weren't playing in MLS anymore. The salary cap also makes a possibility that a big franchise like Los Angeles or Seattle could be demoted, which would hurt the league financially. Pro-rel is terrible financially.
    Certainly helps keeping competent teams in the pro level. I really like the promotion and relegation system, it is cool.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  3. #153

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly helps keeping competent teams in the pro level. I really like the promotion and relegation system, it is cool.
    I like it too as a fan. It's just bad financially. If soccer ever gets to the level of basketball or football I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it dies in Europe as well.

  4. #154

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Going to the game tomorrow. Really excited!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #155
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,690
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Amazing. The roar after that goal was just crazy, the brickyard battalion was AWESOME. A lot of great things to build on I saw
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  6. #156

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    The first goal was nuts. The Brickyard Batallion is a great time. We had a lot of chances. We were the better team, but the result doesn't show it.

  7. #157
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    It was entertaining to watch, from my couch unfortunately.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  8. #158

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Kleberson is damn good. Kleberson, Ramirez, Nicht, and Frias stood out for me.

  9. #159

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Ramirez was the best player on the pitch tonight (if he's 21). Very entertaining game, really glad I went. Fun atmosphere. Traffic sucked
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  10. #160

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ramirez was the best player on the pitch tonight (if he's 21). Very entertaining game, really glad I went. Fun atmosphere. Traffic sucked
    Yes, he is. He was solid in San Antonio last year and is definitely keeping it up. He'll be a great asset.

    Traffic was awful getting there. Once the season goes on I'm sure people will know what they are doing when it comes to getting there.

  11. #161
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    ****ing awesome.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was entertaining to watch, from my couch unfortunately.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Hey, if this team is to succeed we need people both going to games and watching on TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ramirez was the best player on the pitch tonight (if he's 21). Very entertaining game, really glad I went. Fun atmosphere. Traffic sucked
    I thought the two Hondurans (Ramirez(21) and Norales(5)) were our best two players, although Ramirez sometimes would get a little lazy.

    The Railhawks were one of the best teams last year, so 1-1 tie I think is pretty good for an expansion team.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 04-13-2014 at 01:09 AM.

  13. #163

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Kleberson is also a very good player, and Ring and Hyland were surprisingly solid. The backline was shaky at times, but I think a lack of playing together can do that. We had a lot of passes that were just miscommunications. This team is very talented, and I think we will see them playing to their full potential very soon.

  14. #164
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Kleberson is definitely the best player on the team even at his advanced age.

    Also, Pedro Mendes is really good and will show it once he is back to 100%

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #165

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    This offense will be incredible when Ben Spencer gets back from US U20 duty and Mendes is 100%.

  16. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kleberson is definitely the best player on the team even at his advanced age.

    Also, Pedro Mendes is really good and will show it once he is back to 100%
    Probably, he was really good tonight to. Just think those two played better. I hope Mendes shows it cause I wasn't all that impressed by Ambersley.

  17. #167

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably, he was really good tonight to. Just think those two played better. I hope Mendes shows it cause I wasn't all that impressed by Ambersley.
    Ambersley is too passive for me. He pulled back on way too many good opportunities. We shot it from far out a lot tonight which was excessive, but Ambersley could have been more aggressive.

    Ben Spencer is on U20 duty right now but I think he could be a huge factor in the offense.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  19. #168

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    I caught it on DVR late last night -- missed an opportunity to go because I had previous plans. But my impressions:

    1. I temper everything with the fact that a lot of these guys have only been practicing, scrimmaging together for a few months, or even weeks in some cases. Soccer is as reliant on rhythm and chemistry as any game out there; I might argue it's the most reliant. You really have to make quick decisions and play to feet, and you need to know where those feet are and will be. Eleven looked like a squad who have just a very basic feel for each other, and that establishes necessary context for my opinions...

    2. I TV coach soccer more than any other sport. I was going batty yelling at these guys to play it into or across the box once they got to the touchline or edge of the box. They did a lot of dancing and holding in the corner of the field. You just gotta play some of those in and hope for a bounce or two. They were dispossessed more than you want to see in those positions.

    3. Seems like their spacing needs a lot of work too. But, new expansion team. "Spacing" is a trendy word with Pacers and Elevan, huh? But the way they would get their backline and mids clustered reminds me of the U12 boys I coach.

    4. Need more enticing runs. Again, a timing issue. But nobody really made runs to make things interesting, free up space, free up attackers to take on defenders, or generally present themselves with good one-touch opportunities (vs those ridiculous one-touch volleys from 35' out that all went into the stands). Kleberson had a beautiful ball across face of goal that should have seen someone at far post, but no one was even running toward goal! Those are the kinds of things that will drive you bonkers as a coach.

    5. I like Ring's aggressiveness on the defensive end, from what little I saw. For lack of a better comparison, reminds me of a Beckerman type. He's going to make the tough (but clean) tackle, cover for you on defense, so you can get the ball into your attack.

    6. Mares had a nice give-and-go with someone whose name I forget (I'm still new to these guys!), but that was the kind of timing and understanding you're looking for from these guys. He dribbled a hair too far which essentially put him in a toe-tap scenario, but it was the bang-bang-bang passing rhythm you would like to see.

    7. This is the first I've watched NASL. I usually only watch USMNT, MLS and Champions League probably in that order. I'm weird. But it struck me that decision-making is clearly third-tier at this level. Not to knock the NASL, and I love that the Eleven are here, will probably go to my fair share of matches. It's just weird watching soccer where players aren't making quick decisions, and often aren't making the right ones. Eleven at least figured out how to switch a few times, and how to get their backs involved in the attack to scream down the wings and give themselves a chance to play into the box or cut against the grain and try something. But overall, between both teams, it was a really messy display of possession and decision-making. Need to be able to control on a decisive first touch, pick your head up and know where you're going before your eyes really even see it.

  20. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    7. This is the first I've watched NASL. I usually only watch USMNT, MLS and Champions League probably in that order. I'm weird. But it struck me that decision-making is clearly third-tier at this level. Not to knock the NASL, and I love that the Eleven are here, will probably go to my fair share of matches. It's just weird watching soccer where players aren't making quick decisions, and often aren't making the right ones. Eleven at least figured out how to switch a few times, and how to get their backs involved in the attack to scream down the wings and give themselves a chance to play into the box or cut against the grain and try something. But overall, between both teams, it was a really messy display of possession and decision-making. Need to be able to control on a decisive first touch, pick your head up and know where you're going before your eyes really even see it.
    This is something with the MLS that has prevented me from really getting into it. When I watch them I always felt like my high school teams were mentally equal to them or even superior to them. They just happened to have some natural gifts better than the guys I played with. With no hometown team I had no incentive to bother watching.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  22. #170

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is something with the MLS that has prevented me from really getting into it. When I watch them I always felt like my high school teams were mentally equal to them or even superior to them. They just happened to have some natural gifts better than the guys I played with. With no hometown team I had no incentive to bother watching.
    And if your point of reference is EPL or Bundesliga or UEFA competitions, then certainly, I understand that. It would be the equivalent of MLS to NASL. Probably steeper, actually.

  23. #171
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if your point of reference is EPL or Bundesliga or UEFA competitions, then certainly, I understand that. It would be the equivalent of MLS to NASL. Probably steeper, actually.
    Outside of World Cup I don't watch a lot of soccer. I'll catch a UEFA match here or there or Mexican games when I go to a Mexican Restaurant, but that is all.

    That is kind of the thing though, if I don't have some kind of allegiance to the team (i.e. home town, college, etc.) then I am going to want to watch the best, not a second (or worse)tier league. I know there are a lot of players in the MLS that this doesn't describe, but the average player I have seen have superior skill and/or athleticism than a high school player but in my view their feel for the game is on par with a high school player.



    Anyways, who is going to the game Saturday?

  24. #172

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Tampa was a good team. The goal they scored left a sour taste in my mouth because of the extremely unsporting nature of it. They did deserve a goal though. We were lucky to get out with a point. Nicht, Frias, and Norales will keep us in most games.

  25. #173
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,690
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tampa was a good team. The goal they scored left a sour taste in my mouth because of the extremely unsporting nature of it. They did deserve a goal though. We were lucky to get out with a point. Nicht, Frias, and Norales will keep us in most games.
    What happened?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  26. #174

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    We had a guy down in front of goal injured, and instead of kicking it out of bounds they continued to play and eventually scored a goal
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  27. #175

    Default Re: Indiana Pro Soccer Team

    I forget who had that whiff in front of open goal for the Eleven at the end, but that was U10 rec soccer-level bad. I get that guys were tired by that point but...ugh.

    That said, so as not to be all negative, I'm really impressed with the Eleven crowd and how much it fueled the team when the team was running on fumes. Convinced Eleven almost came out with a victory on the urging of the crowd alone. Probably should have if Whiffer McGee doesn't miss that sitter.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Fans for Polish Under 12 Soccer Team
    By bellisimo in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 09:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •