Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 95 of 95

Thread: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

  1. #76

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    This is some really strange cherry picking to try to make an argument, but more than anything I can't believe this McNickname thing is still a thing.

    Cherry pick? Oh please! It's "their" production stats for the season. Sorry, if it doesn't prove your point that your guy is better. Then I guess you could compare last seasons stats, but Hansbro's were better then too.

    It really isn't so "obvious" Mr. McRoberts is the better player!

    Again, neither is that good, IMO, that it has or will cause the Pacers a problem with their not being a Pacer. Personally, I'm ready to move forward to an upgrade over both for the future.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cherry pick? Oh please! It's "their" production stats for the season. Sorry, if it doesn't prove your point that your guy is better. Then I guess you could compare last seasons stats, but Hansbro's were better then too.

    It really isn't so "obvious" Mr. McRoberts is the better player!

    Again, neither is that good, IMO, that it has or will cause the Pacers a problem with their not being a Pacer. Personally, I'm ready to move forward to an upgrade over both for the future.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hoan01&y3=2013

    Those numbers you posted are not "their production stats." Points per game, rebounds per game, and a couple of shooting percentage stats, do not constitute a player's overall "production." The list of numbers you provided doesn't prove my point, because your numbers don't prove or disprove any points. They are just a cherry-picked collection of numbers.

    Most people (who aren't cherry picking) at the very least, include assists numbers to go along with the points and rebounds. You can click my link and easily see all 3 of their numbers this year, but normally points, rebounds, and assists are the minimum baseline for trying to quantify a player's overall "production."

  4. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hoan01&y3=2013

    Those numbers you posted are not "their production stats." Points per game, rebounds per game, and a couple of shooting percentage stats, do not constitute a player's overall "production." The list of numbers you provided doesn't prove my point, because your numbers don't prove or disprove any points. They are just a cherry-picked collection of numbers.

    Most people (who aren't cherry picking) at the very least, include assists numbers to go along with the points and rebounds. You can click my link and easily see all 3 of their numbers this year, but normally points, rebounds, and assists are the minimum baseline for trying to quantify a player's overall "production."
    Those stats you provided are not proving your point, other than APG and 3 point shooting Tyler is better than Mcoverrated at everything while playing less minutes, Tyler is also playing on a good team, shouldn't Mcoverrated numbers at least be up a bit because he is playing on a bad team?

    I also forgot to mention that Tyler has proven to be a pretty good defender unlike Mcoverrated.

  5. #79
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,555

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can count on a couple to three games a year where the other team hits everything from outside and wins by default.

    The shoe will be on our foot just as many times.
    With this team? I doubt it. I'd settle for a night when we hit 30% from 3 and 48% from 2.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  6. #80
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With this team? I doubt it. I'd settle for a night when we hit 30% from 3 and 48% from 2.
    Pacers have had a few games where they shot really well from 3 point territory

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  8. #81
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Good news from this disappointing game, Paul George got #6 on nba.com's wednesday's top ten. Dribble drive, freakish elevation, strong finish.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  9. #82
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However I have a sneaky suspicion that this game has been circled on Orlando's calender since we ousted them from the playoffs last season. In other words this was a statement game for them and to us it was just a game.
    Without a doubt.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #83
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Teams that get hot from the perimeter are going to give us fits. Nothing much you can do about that.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  12. #84

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, when does Frank start catching heat for his boring, anemic offense?
    next time they lose 2 games in the same week.

  13. #85
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without a doubt.
    Only 3 players and zero coaches participated in the playoffs for Orlando last season.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  14. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 3 players and zero coaches participated in the playoffs for Orlando last season.
    Yeah but they got to watch the playoffs and remember those games.

  15. #87
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Obviously I'll jump on the Josh side here for THIS GAME ONLY. On the year Josh hasn't put up great numbers, although he remains a DIFFERENT type of player. On offense he's shooting a lot of 3s relative to his position and this is giving him Troy Murphy like OReb numbers. But as a defensive rebounder and shot blocker he's been solid. And as a perimeter type of player on offense he's obviously a lot stronger in assists.

    Tyler is all about bouncing inside and drawing fouls while scrapping for waist level rebounds, which isn't exactly a bad thing, just different.

    So maybe it's a wash, and as the 8-9th man on the team it's not that critical. I'll take Ian over both of them.



    Having said that, it was pretty noticeable that the Josh vs Tyler matchup in the 1st-2nd quarter was extremely unfavorable for the Pacers.

    Tyler didn't score a point until the 4th when Nicholson was playing. Then Tyler went for 10 meaningless points with the game already over. That's not the same as 7 points plus an assist and a blocked shot while your team goes from up 5 to up 16 in the 2nd, a quarter where West played 9.5 minutes and Roy played 6.5 minutes...not the Pacers version of Nicholson for the whole quarter in a blowout win.


    That's only THIS GAME, I'm not denying it. But on WED night it would have been better to have Josh than Tyler, even if I hate his love of the 3pt shot (created under JOB). As for Nicholson, I'm kinda against players that pick up 6 fouls in 13 minutes, but that's just me. Also 4 points on 8 FGA isn't that helpful.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-18-2013 at 12:32 AM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  17. #88
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for Nicholson, I'm kinda against players that pick up 6 fouls in 13 minutes, but that's just me. Also 4 points on 8 FGA isn't that helpful.
    He is young and rookies do tend to pick up such fouls especially when other players rough them up. I'm sure that he will become a fine player in this league.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  19. #89
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I put the majority of this loss on Hibbert, he should dominate a team with little interior presence.
    Really? Nikola Vucevic is little interior presence?

    Are we talking about the same guy who holds the rebounding record for the Magic with 29 rebounds? You know, that 22 year old kid that shattered the previous records set by scrubs like Dwight Howard and Shaquille O'Neal.

    Are we going to call him little interior presence just because he is not big name yet?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. #90
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13


    Gerald Green Streaks with 3-Pt Field Goal Pct ≤ .333 and Field Goal Pct < .500, from 2005-06 to 2012-13, in the regular season.

    Data courtesy Basketball-Reference.com.


    Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
    Generated 1/18/2013.




  21. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  22. #91
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Gerald Green is 9 for 55 (16.36%) since missing time for his ankle. He was 31 for 85 (36.47%) before that. He has never had a string of games shooting this poorly in his career.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  24. #92
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Nikola Vucevic is little interior presence?

    Are we talking about the same guy who holds the rebounding record for the Magic with 29 rebounds? You know, that 22 year old kid that shattered the previous records set by scrubs like Dwight Howard and Shaquille O'Neal.

    Are we going to call him little interior presence just because he is not big name yet?
    Shaq had a 28 rebound game. Dwight's had a 26 rebound game. Maybe something gets lost in translation but I wouldn't exactly say he "shattered" the previous records.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  25. #93
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shaq had a 28 rebound game. Dwight's had a 26 rebound game. Maybe something gets lost in translation but I wouldn't exactly say he "shattered" the previous records.
    Hey, I'll admit that the "shattered" part was a big hyperbole on my part. But he did break the record, didn't he?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. #94

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is young and rookies do tend to pick up such fouls especially when other players rough them up. I'm sure that he will become a fine player in this league.
    Your right. Not to mention he got "5" rebs in only 12 minutes of PT against a good rebounding team. It will be interesting to see Nicholson's year end stats as a rookie. Not to mention, he's already started 9 games in the 1st half of his rookie season.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  28. #95
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to mention, he's already started 9 games in the 1st half of his rookie season.
    That's due to the injuries to Glen Davis and Gustavo Ayon more than anything else.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Magic postgame thread
    By avoidingtheclowns in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
  2. Pacers/Magic postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 01:40 PM
  3. Pacers/Magic postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM
  4. Pacers at Magic Postgame thread
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
  5. The official Pacers vs Magic postgame thread
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 12:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •