Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 1/16/13

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing is obvious there at all.

I would still rather have Tyler
    I'd take Tyler anyday over McBob. I hope he can be signed for a reasonable contract and remain a Pacer.
    Last edited by Pacerized; 01-17-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's funny, watching the game I felt like Nelson, JJ and Afflalo absolutely killed it offensively--yet they only scored 14, 14, and 15 points. (with JJ not playing for much of the 4th)

Even though we played badly offensively, we still managed to shoot 44%, which most nights is a W for us all the way.

The game was just decided by the 3pt line where they made 12 on 57% shooting while we made 2 on 12%.

Bottom line--they were on FIRE from deep, and we couldn't throw it in the ocean..and that was the game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    He's cheaper than Tyler's 3,055,259.

I didn't see the game, but if he's cheaper and makes less, then surely we'd call that a bargain.
    JMO, but it seems to Josh has the BRush attitude. When he wants to play, he can be very effective, then he just disappears for a quarter or a game or a half season.I thought he ran out of gas after hhe had played 1/2 a quarter. Never have understood him and his seeming lack of effort, but yeah, he's worth 3 million

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

I put the majority of this loss on Hibbert, he should dominate a team with little interior presence. The rest of the problem appeared to be fatigue and bad offense toppled with bad passing and shooting. Again, when the offense gets into a funk like this and a team as weak in the paint as Orlando, Hibbert has to step up and keep the offensive pressure going, but he doesn't have the physical ability to do so. Very sad to see him decline from last year when he gets paid so much.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't realize it was the Pacers 4th game in 5 nights and 6 games in 9 nights. Dare I say schedule loss.

Plus the Magic played very well in the game after the Wizards blew them out.
    Combine that with the fact that we had to run and gun just one night before, due to the Bobcats Full Court Pressure Defense. We just looked tired. Physically and mentally. Not to mention chasing Reddick and Afflalo around the court as they ducked in and out of traffic. Perfect storm for disaster.

Many of the passes that were intercepted were careless mental mistakes caused by extreme fatigue we wouldn't have typically made. Great Point though

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I put the majority of this loss on Hibbert, he should dominate a team with little interior presence. The rest of the problem appeared to be fatigue and bad offense toppled with bad passing and shooting. Again, when the offense gets into a funk like this and a team as weak in the paint as Orlando, Hibbert has to step up and keep the offensive pressure going, but he doesn't have the physical ability to do so. Very sad to see him decline from last year when he gets paid so much.
    I do agree with you there.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Dare I say schedule loss.
    You forget that for the Pacers that is an unacceptable excuse, while if in Indy we beat a decent team who had the same circumstances it is simply proof we've been lucky.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I expected this loss but I hoped that our guys were going to prove me wrong. It didn't happen, though

Anyway, I have no reason to be mad at them. The playbook that the Magic use is our big weakness. I expect Vogel to find a way to nullify that weakness
    This. the defense has been designed to stop the easy shot inside. Shooting 57% from 3 makes THAT the "easy shot", and it is MUCH more difficult to defend simply because passing is faster than any possible quick rotation.

I can't think of a team in the league that wouldn't be vulnerable to an offense shooting nearly 60% from 3 without being able to score at will themselves, and that certainly doesn't describe the Pacers offense.

I will say, though, this is a game where having Danny would have made a HUGE difference to the offense.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Hopefully when Danny's back we have him or Paul on the floor at all times so our offense should never be completely lame.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Pacers - please release him and get a vet WHO CAN BRING CONSISTENT OFFENSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Let's sing another song boys!
    this one's grown old and bitter,
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

Gerald Green is currently 29.4% from the 3-point line, why won't the he stop, I am sure, they get stat-sheets of their performance, yet he continues to shoot at-least 3 (3 pointers) a game.

He has a shooters mentality. I also get upset that he's not hitting 3's and wish he'd shoot more coming off screens and drives. Then like Quinn says shooters shoot. Thus Green shoots. His 3 are usually good shots, but he's going thru a stretch where he just can't hit the red side of a barn. It's frustrating to watch him miss 3 after 3.

OTOH, no one complained when he was shooting 3's proficiently. Hopefully, it will even out.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    bitter,
    Mine's a pint, thanks!
    BillS

So, when does Frank start catching heat for his boring, anemic offense?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    He did in the first month of the season. As far as boring I don't see that at all

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

He did in the first month of the season. As far as boring I don't see that at all
    The pace, I guess, is what bores me. Too many isos, not enough ball and player movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

He's better than Hansbrough. That much is obvious.

McDud isn't even better than the rookie Nicholson. It wasn't McDud who started in the place of the injured Bass.

2013 stats

Nicholson 15 MPG... 7.6 PPG... 52% FG... 79% FT... 3.2 Reb... @ 1.418 mil

McDud 17:30 MPG... 4.3 PPG... 42% FG... 83% FT... 3.6 Reb... @ 3.135 mil

Tyler 16:23 MPG... 6.5 PPG... 43% FG... 72% FT... 4.3 Reb... @ 3.055 mil

I can truly say I have never missed McDud being a Pacer, nor do I feel he's better than Hans. Then I won't cry if Tyler isn't here next year either. At these stats for both, it won't be hard to find a b/u PF.

Oh btw, it would be nice if the forementioned PF could at least get 1 reb for the Magic last nite. Isn't that what a PF is suppose to do?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

I know this is a weak argument but it kind of goes along with Uncle Buck's number of games in limited nights thought.

To us this was just another game, a game that was one of many in a limited time frame.

However I have a sneaky suspicion that this game has been circled on Orlando's calender since we ousted them from the playoffs last season. In other words this was a statement game for them and to us it was just a game.

Like I said weak excuse but I think it is there nonetheless.

I'm not really worried about this loss other than the fact that it is a loss & we are really going up against some top notch teams here in the next few weeks so that w/l record may not look as snazzy as it does now in a few weeks.

BTW, I know I should be a bigger person about this but I just hate Glenn Davis & his childish antics. When he did that stupid dance after he got the ball to rim in I wanted West to elbow him in the back of the head when he was bent over. What a punk.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    McDud isn't even better than the rookie Nicholson. It wasn't McDud who started in the place of the injured Bass.

2013 stats

Nicholson 15 MPG... 7.6 PPG... 52% FG... 79% FT... 3.2 Reb... @ 1.418 mil

McDud 17:30 MPG... 4.3 PPG... 42% FG... 83% FT... 3.6 Reb... @ 3.135 mil

Tyler 16:23 MPG... 6.5 PPG... 43% FG... 72% FT... 4.3 Reb... @ 3.055 mil

I can truly say I have never missed McDud being a Pacer, nor do I feel he's better than Hans. Then I won't cry if Tyler isn't here next year either. At these stats for both, it won't be hard to find a b/u PF.

Oh btw, it would be nice if the forementioned PF could at least get 1 reb for the Magic last nite. Isn't that what a PF is suppose to do?
    This is some really strange cherry picking to try to make an argument, but more than anything I can't believe this McNickname thing is still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    I guess whenever you start it in this case...
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

You can count on a couple to three games a year where the other team hits everything from outside and wins by default.

The shoe will be on our foot just as many times.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I love the great "D" the Pacers play, but I wish they had a better offensive game to go along with it. You have to score points to win if you don't it makes it hard to win. This team as of right now IMO can't win a 2 series in the playoffs. They don't have enough offense to do it against good playoff teams.

Hopefully, things will change when Granger starts playing. If he can't bring an offensive punch to this team, this team won't go far in the playoffs unless another player or 2, Hibbert, Stephenson, Green, or Augustin game picks up.

I'll say it now that this coming draft and off season is paramount to where this team will be going in the future. The Pacers next game is the halfway of the season, and some players need to pick up their game or find their game. A half season is plently long enough to get their act together. No excuse of not having a training camp or not enough games played to get things sorted out. It's time for some to grab a hold of their boot straps and pull themselves up for their sake but more importantly for the sake of the TEAM. You know the name on the front of the jersey you wear. IOW, do the job you are being paid to do with no excuses!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    IBTW, I know I should be a bigger person about this but I just hate Glenn Davis & his childish antics. When he did that stupid dance after he got the ball to rim in I wanted West to elbow him in the back of the head when he was bent over. What a punk.
    I usually just ignore his antics or any other players antics - usually doesn't bother me. If a guy makes a good play, he deserves some credit and it is up to the Pacers to stop a player from making a good play and then there would be no reason for any celebrations.

However, last night was different and I had the same type of feelings you did. West was right there next to him and for a split second I wanted West to knock him to the floor. But then I was glad he didn't. Wish the refs had called a T on Big baby though. Still wish West would have done soemthing to him while making it look accidental.

I hadn't even thought about the Magic having this game as a big game because of the playoffs, the Magic are so different now it slipped my mind.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I usually just ignore his antics or any other players antics - usually doesn't bother me. If a guy makes a good play, he deserves some credit and it is up to the Pacers to stop a player from making a good play and then there would be no reason for any celebrations.

However, last night was different and I had the same type of feelings you did. West was right there next to him and for a split second I wanted West to knock him to the floor. But then I was glad he didn't. Wish the refs had called a T on Big baby though. Still wish West would have done soemthing to him while making it look accidental.

I hadn't even thought about the Magic having this game as a big game because of the playoffs, the Magic are so different now it slipped my mind.

I call what Davis did taunting. Obviously, the refs didn't consider it taunting. Stephenson, IMO, has been given a tech for doing much less.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Besides, Jameer, Redick, and Baby, none of Orlando's contributors last night were even on the Magic for the playoffs last year. I doubt the fact that we eliminated them last year played any role at all.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson