• Over

12 42.86%
  • Under

15 53.57%
  • Push

1 3.57%

Thread: Orlando Magic Over/Under 84 points tonight

Default Orlando Magic Over/Under 84 points tonight

I dont think they score more than 83 tonight honestly. This defense is legit.

Default Re: Orlando Magic Over/Under 84 points tonight

Hibbert might be horrible on offense, but he might be DPOY when you really break this defense of Indiana's down.

Last time the Magic were held to under 84 points was back on Dec 12 against Atlanta. Actually Atlanta has held them to 80 or less both times they've played. Interesting. 4 out of the past 5 games they have scored over 100.

Really surprised this will be the first time playing this team this year.

I'm gonna have to say over, but just barely. I think they get 88.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm taking the push...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good line. Over/under is 183 which is really low in terms of the entire NBA.

I think they will be in the low 90's

I do consider fatigue to be a factor here. But nevertheless, with the way the Pacers dictate the slow tempo, I would say it will be under.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good line. Over/under is 183 which is really low in terms of the entire NBA.
    Wow, this game still pushed the over/under (183) and the Magic hit a ton of 3s. Pacers offense and defense combined mean you always bet the under. Again, why is this not the team slogan instead of BCGS? Tonight you would have pushed and got your money back. Most nights you win. I don't know why I don't start betting myself and make some ticket cash.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Wow, this game still pushed the over/under (183) and the Magic hit a ton of 3s. Pacers offense and defense combined mean you always bet the under. Again, why is this not the team slogan instead of BCGS? Tonight you would have pushed and got your money back. Most nights you win. I don't know why I don't start betting myself and make some ticket cash.
    Cause its a pain in the *** and really shady to bet offshore. Also, its illegal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last time I'm ever taking Seth's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Last time I'm ever taking Seth's advice.
    A) I didn't say take the Orlando under, and in the prediction thread I had this as a schedule loss.

B) I didn't say you should do some illegal wagering

C) But without checking on what all the Over/Under combined for the Pacers games this year have been, I gotta think they've been under the line a lot more than 50%. When they are setting lines at 183, you've got a pretty good defense. So you should totally do some illegal wagering probably.

Joking aside, I don't actually do that and only bet when I'm in Vegas or last year in the Caribbean. I will say I made a nice chunk of change on the BnG during the Orlando series last year while on vacation, but that was spread with some O/U parlayed into it a couple of times. And Gnome and I did the same this year when he went to Vegas before the LAL/SAC/GSW trip, winning on the LAL game. They've put new meaning into Blue and GOLD.

Also gambling is pure luck and you should never play more than you can lose and walk away from, like paying to see a show or sporting event. You should also never do it if it isn't FUN (see, lotteries, slots, all non-table, non-dealer games). A sports book with a lot of people watching or a craps/blackjack/cards table can be lots of interactive fun. Everything else is kinda sad.

#Always Bet the Under = Pacers defense mantra, that's all.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    And it's perfectly legal to gamble on the NBA in Greece
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Let's take a moment to analyze this excellent find.

We haven't scored the under in the following 14 games:

1) Indiana Pacers vs Sacramento Kings: The under was at 189. We won that game 106 - 98 and outscored the under by 15 points. But it was a double OT game. The game ended 91 - 91 in regulation and we would be within the under if the game could end in a draw.

2) Indiana Pacers @ Minnesota Timberwolves: The under was at 183.5. We lost that game 96 - 94 and outscored the under by 6.5 points.

3) Indiana Pacers @ Washington Wizards: The under was at 180.5. We won that game 96 - 89 and outscored the under by 4.5 points. The game was at 90 - 85 1:25 before the end of the game so we were within distance of the under.

4) Indiana Pacers vs New Orleans Hornets: The under was at 181.5. We won that game 115 - 107 and outscored the under by 40.5 points. It was an OT game but we weren't within distance of the under before OT, anyway.

5) Indiana Pacers vs San Antonio Spurs: The under was at 191. We lost that game 104 - 97 and outscored the under by 10 points. If it wasn't for the last quarter (we lost that 4th quarter 31 - 20) we would be closer to the under and possibly to a win.

6) Indiana Pacers @ Sacramento Kings: The under was at 187.5. We won that game 97 - 92 and outcored the under by 1.5 points. If it wasn't for 2 George Hill free throws in the last 2 seconds, we would have scored the under.

7) Indiana Pacers @ Golden State Warriors: The under was at 188. We lost that game 103 - 92 and outscored the under by 7 points. Those 7 points were scored in the last 1:23 of the game.

8) Indiana Pacers vs Portland Trailblazers: The under was at 186.5. We won that game 99 - 92 and outscored the under by 4.5 points. It's important to note that in the last 20 seconds both teams scored 6 points (2 FTs by GH and 2 FTs by PG for us and a Hickson basket for them).

9) Indiana Pacers @ Oklahoma City Thunder: The under was at 196.5. We lost that game 104 - 93 and outscored the under by 0.5 points. I don't need to explain how close it was

10) Indiana Pacers @ Milwakee Bucks: The under was at 185.5. We lost that game 98 - 93 and outscored the under by 5.5 points. Both teams scored 6 points out of FTs in the final minute.

11) Indiana Pacers vs Utah Jazz: The under was at 186. We won that game 104 - 84 and outscord the under by 2 points. Miles Plumlee hit a 2 point shot and Alec Burks hit 2 FTs in the last 30 seconds of the game.

12) Indiana Pacers @ Cleveland Cavaliers: The under was at 187. We won that game 99 - 89 and outscored the under by 1 point. Daniel Gibson hit a 3 pointer in the last possession of the Cavs.

13) Indiana Pacers @ Atlanta Hawks: The under was at 182. We lost that game 109 - 100 and outscored the under by 27 points. It wasn't close.

14) Indiana Pacers @ Brooklyn Nets: The under was at 181. We lost that game 97 - 86 and outscored the under by 2 points. Keith Bogans hit 2 FTs with 32 seconds remaining in the game.

So, in overall most cases were close. Only 2 games (vs NOLA, @ ATL) were beyond the reach of the under. Other than that most games either scored the under or came really close to it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

1) Indiana Pacers vs Sacramento Kings: The under was at 189. We won that game 106 - 98 and outscored the under by 15 points. But it was a double OT game. The game ended 91 - 91 in regulation and we would be within the under if the game could end in a draw.
    My buddies and I always do a Purdue football trip every year, and part of that might involve one of the guys using an online account for a parlay game which we play together and against each other (if you blow the parlay, you pay for the bet or part of it if more than 1 guy's pick misses).

So for some extra action this buddy and I did a 2nd one for that night, he did 2 NCAA games and I had to bet Pacers - spread (wouldn't cover the 8) and under (thus why they wouldn't cover the 8). So when it went to first OT I was PO'd.

But then these jerks taunted me with NO POINTS SCORED for the first 3 of 5 minutes of OT #1 and they got my hopes up. Then it all fell apart after coming so close and they hit the over and ended up tied for a 2nd OT which really crushed it.

Because of this I had to pay for the total parlay, and each of us missed out on winning $100 IIRC. Frak.

12) Indiana Pacers @ Cleveland Cavaliers: The under was at 187. We won that game 99 - 89 and outscored the under by 1 point. Daniel Gibson hit a 3 pointer in the last possession of the Cavs.
    Last year while in the Caribbean I did a hedge with Miami covering a 10 pt spread. It was a 13 point game when James took and missed a 3 and left 12 seconds on the clock. I turned to the guy next to me who had also bet the spread and I said "OH NO, YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!? These jerks are going to come down and hit a meaningless 3 to push this bet". Sure as s*** JR Smith buried a worthless 3 as time expired. The dude was mad at me for jinxing it...because gamblers are insane people.

Great moments in gambling where meaningless last 2nd scores make or break bets.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-18-2013 at 06:08 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Thanks for finding that info, and with Nuntius analysis added to it the actual BASKETBALL related point is that the Pacers have a great defense (better than people realize still) and a terrible offense (worse than people realize still). It's not really a PACE thing like the 03-04 team because they like to get out and run for easy scores and often will take jumpers early in the clock. Their pace ranking isn't particularly slow. It's their Points Per 100.

And I think fans/gamblers just don't realize or believe how good the Pacers defense is at setting the tone for games. To beat the O/U in 64% of your games? That's statistically significant. I wonder how long before the lines get set at 175 on a regular basis with the expectation that they'll only give up 80-85 points.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post: