Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80

Thread: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,741

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But this makes him a jerky Lannister. Son of a...
    He must be the ******* Lannister as he doesn't have blond hair.

  2. #27
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,249
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    I told him that my grandma thought he was awesome and she loved the Gangnam Style video, and he said, "You tell your grandma I said hello", so I did. She made a Roy fansign that said "Hello, Roy!" on it and had me tweet it, in which he retweeted it and thanked her for being a fan. I mean, he didn't exactly fly me in from down under, but he's still one of the two nicest guys on the team (George Hill), probably the nicest, down to earth guy.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,175

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But this makes him a jerky Lannister. Son of a...
    The Lannisters are misunderstood. A family full of graciousness and warm in their heart...
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  5. #29
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,702

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the greatest of them all!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  6. #30
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,100

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until that night I had thought Roy was a fun-loving and relatively grounded personality who was beginning to make a name for himself. And I just knew this guy wouldn't be affected by the hype and new fame/ impending all-star birth. Basically, he blew us off. We were disappointed but I chalked it up to maybe he was tired or under the weather...
    He went 0 for 4 from the field that night, (but had 10 boards, 6 being offensive). Dude probably thought he had a bad game or wasn't feeling well.

    But being self righteous and self absorbed? That goes against literally every interaction I've ever had with the guy. From the Area 55 season 2 audition to the tweet I got back from him when I didn't make season 3 and thanked him for giving me the opportunity to the out of the blue discussion he had with me when he told me he had put in a good word for the Area55ers who were trying out for G2 at the bone marrow drive he did up at Castleton this fall, I've NEVER had any ping that he'd be some self absorbed self righteous jerk.

    Hell, he even apologized for the accidental elbow to the head at the airport after the lockout and it really wasn't even his fault it had happened!
    Last edited by Sandman21; 01-16-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  8. #31

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    There is another element of this story: The post game family & friends meet-and-greet.

    Through work, I had the opportunity to meet a few of the players on the Spurs. When I was on vacation in New Orleans, the Spurs happened to be in town. One of the players hooked me up with a pair of tickets and passes to the meet-and-greet. I am assuming this was the same thing that the OP attended (in the basement near a loading dock)?

    Anyway, the two players I met previously were nice, and we talked for awhile. However, Antonio McDyess barely acknowledged me. More on this in a second.

    I was able to do this a second time in a weird way. I went to the Pacers-Knicks game with tickets I bought from a scalper. I ended up sitting right next to David Lee's dad. We talked about basketball all game, and he gave me two passes for the friends & family meet-and-greet after the game. My wife and I went... and it was supremely awkward. David Lee gave us a smile and a handshake, but nothing else. Why? Because we weren't anyone's friends and family.

    That is my larger point. These things aren't meant to be public events. They are designed to give the road team who, with shoot-arounds and film sessions and trainer sessions and warm ups and the game itself, don't really have much time to hang out with their friends and family who live/are near a town on the road before they hop on the bus and head to the airport. It is supposed to be a "Hey Mom, love you, good to see you" and a "Charlie! What's going on, my man!" sort of thing, not a "R-R-Roy... Y-you are my biggest - I mean I am your biggest fan!" kind of thing.

    Personally, I think it is a bit unfair to judge a player's personality based on that. Back to the McDyess thing... I didn't read much into it. I said hi, he said hi, nothing weird about that. If Antonio was a non-famous stranger, I wouldn't have thought about it twice. If I was a huge fan of him or the Spurs, I might have been hurt. But I wasn't, and I saw it for what it was.

    Anyway, I wasn't there for your Roy experience, so I won't tell you that you are right or wrong. I just thought those experiences would shed a bit of context into the situation.

    One final thought - I am in Area 55, and Roy Hibbert is the ****. He is super nice, very friendly, and fun to be around. He takes the time to remember everyone's name. Can't say enough about the dude. I would recommend taking that experience, throwing it away as an outlier, and enjoying the awesome, charismatic team leader we are lucky to have right now.

  9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  10. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,513

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....staring off into the sea of his adoring fans at Bobcat stadium, while barely acknowledging her!
    It is funny you should mention this behavior. I don't know that they are looking at "adoring fans", but I just mentioned to some people last night that many players seem to do everything to not look at the person interviewing them. Can't really figure out why, but I can say this - I would much rather look at Brooke than look off into the stands or wherever they are looking. I mean that respectfully to Brooke, by the way.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing I have seen in interviews is him not being comfortable at all, and wanting to get out of the interview ASAP.

    Then again, until about a year ago I didn't realize my quiet demeanor made people think that I thought I was better than them. I don't understand why, but oh well.
    I moved to Colorado for a semester my junior year of highschool... I found out three months in that people thought I was stuck up for being quiet... But it was due to me being shy and uncomfortable in my setting... I've seen this misassumption about people many times since then...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is another element of this story: The post game family & friends meet-and-greet.

    Through work, I had the opportunity to meet a few of the players on the Spurs. When I was on vacation in New Orleans, the Spurs happened to be in town. One of the players hooked me up with a pair of tickets and passes to the meet-and-greet. I am assuming this was the same thing that the OP attended (in the basement near a loading dock)?

    Anyway, the two players I met previously were nice, and we talked for awhile. However, Antonio McDyess barely acknowledged me. More on this in a second.

    I was able to do this a second time in a weird way. I went to the Pacers-Knicks game with tickets I bought from a scalper. I ended up sitting right next to David Lee's dad. We talked about basketball all game, and he gave me two passes for the friends & family meet-and-greet after the game. My wife and I went... and it was supremely awkward. David Lee gave us a smile and a handshake, but nothing else. Why? Because we weren't anyone's friends and family.

    That is my larger point. These things aren't meant to be public events. They are designed to give the road team who, with shoot-arounds and film sessions and trainer sessions and warm ups and the game itself, don't really have much time to hang out with their friends and family who live/are near a town on the road before they hop on the bus and head to the airport. It is supposed to be a "Hey Mom, love you, good to see you" and a "Charlie! What's going on, my man!" sort of thing, not a "R-R-Roy... Y-you are my biggest - I mean I am your biggest fan!" kind of thing.

    Personally, I think it is a bit unfair to judge a player's personality based on that. Back to the McDyess thing... I didn't read much into it. I said hi, he said hi, nothing weird about that. If Antonio was a non-famous stranger, I wouldn't have thought about it twice. If I was a huge fan of him or the Spurs, I might have been hurt. But I wasn't, and I saw it for what it was.

    Anyway, I wasn't there for your Roy experience, so I won't tell you that you are right or wrong. I just thought those experiences would shed a bit of context into the situation.

    One final thought - I am in Area 55, and Roy Hibbert is the ****. He is super nice, very friendly, and fun to be around. He takes the time to remember everyone's name. Can't say enough about the dude. I would recommend taking that experience, throwing it away as an outlier, and enjoying the awesome, charismatic team leader we are lucky to have right now.
    That is really great Flavadave. I hadn't thought about it from that perspective, so that is really nice insight. And yes, that is exactly what it was...

    Again, I'm not trying to crucify Big Roy. Just trying to get some perspective is all.

    We invest money, hours and hair pigment into this team for several hours a night 2-4 nights a week. We get our pre-game and half-time fluff pieces but ,otherwise, no real perspective into who these guys are off-the-court. I am NOT here to say we as "fans" are any more entitled to knowing who they are when they are in their personal element as they are not entitled to knowing about mine. But, they have no interest in walking around with my name on their back, either.

    In my opinion, I should have an idea as to the true character of my children's role models before I shell out 120 bucks for a jersey with their name on it. And no, that doesn't make me an overzealous fanboy. If anything it makes me an overprotective parent.

    Thank you guys for your input and perspective. I knew that I would get some good responses and I did. No thank you to those making the personal attacks on myself. Not very classy.

    Oh, and BTW, if I could have my kids show support for ANYBODY involved with the franchise, a Pacers "Vogel" jersey would be in order. A really cool guy, who obviously brushes his teeth!! Good role model!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:


  16. #35
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    If we want to dissect Roy the player, by all means we should do so. But Roy the man has shown himself to be a great man of character.

    Remember when Roy was planning on visiting that sick fan of his? I remember hearing how heart broken he was when that sick fan had passed before Roy had a chance to meet him.

    He's also done quite a bit to connect with the local fan base (area 55, random Gangnam style dances, video's, taking fans out to the movies, charity, etc)

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  18. #36
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is funny you should mention this behavior. I don't know that they are looking at "adoring fans", but I just mentioned to some people last night that many players seem to do everything to not look at the person interviewing them. Can't really figure out why, but I can say this - I would much rather look at Brooke than look off into the stands or wherever they are looking. I mean that respectfully to Brooke, by the way.
    I am sorry I didn't type that in green. I thought that was obvious sarcasm, with regards to Roy. The place was empty and IDK what he is looking at when he does that.

  19. #37
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,243

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    If anything this thread at least brought to the fore (if that was even needed) how great a person Roy is.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:


  21. #38

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    I hope I can add some insight to this post. When Roy was a rookie and first started doing interviews, I noticed that he had slight hesitations or almost a stutter to his speech. As a speech pathologist, I know how difficult it is for some people to talk in public when the words don't flow fluently. If you notice him talking now, he has little fluency problems, but he does look away or talk about something he feels comfortable with when he is in the limelight. In my opinion, he has learned to compensate for his fluency issues. Now I am not saying he has ever been diagnosed with that, but I have been around it enough and worked with people who do have that issue and he is demonstrating coping mechanisms. I give him great credit. Can you imagine having to be in the public and being scrutinized as much as a professional athlete is? Then on top of that, working so hard at NOT letting people know you have fluency issues. It is very difficult to look someone in the eye when that occurs. Again, this is just my two cents worth on my observations! Love Roy Hibbert!

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MunciePacerBabe For This Useful Post:


  23. #39
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then again, until about a year ago I didn't realize my quiet demeanor made people think that I thought I was better than them. I don't understand why, but oh well.
    It's weird how that can work. I also can be very quiet in different situations, and I've had people think that I was being arrogant or that I looked angry to them, and it was always just me kind of keeping to myself, feeling shy, or lost in thought, but sometimes people project that kind of thing on you when you're quiet, shy, and/or reserved.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  25. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,741

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my opinion, I should have an idea as to the true character of my children's role models before I shell out 120 bucks for a jersey with their name on it.
    I think there is your problem. You are too worried about their true character, when you should only worry about the myth. If you want to get into true character no parent would approve of any adult to be their child's role model. Sometimes it is better to keep with the myth that he is the best person ever, while his ugly side is hidden away. Because seeing that good side is more important than knowing of the bad side.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  27. #41
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We invest money, hours and hair pigment into this team for several hours a night 2-4 nights a week. We get our pre-game and half-time fluff pieces but ,otherwise, no real perspective into who these guys are off-the-court. I am NOT here to say we as "fans" are any more entitled to knowing who they are when they are in their personal element as they are not entitled to knowing about mine. But, they have no interest in walking around with my name on their back, either.
    Meh, I really don't care who these people are or how they talk to their mothers. It's about one thing, basketball. That's what these guys are, basketball players. I buy a jersey that says Pacers on the front of it, so that's where it stays. It's not their job to kiss my butt and make me feel good about it. Just play ball. Win. Trying to justify why or how they should impact their children's lives should be moot, because the parent is the most important role model of them all. Not some athlete.

    The biggest misconception our society has is commercialization = idolization. Get rid of a brand, what do you have left?


    In my opinion, I should have an idea as to the true character of my children's role models before I shell out 120 bucks for a jersey with their name on it. And no, that doesn't make me an overzealous fanboy. If anything it makes me an overprotective parent.
    When did a kid's jersey ever cost $120?
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-16-2013 at 12:52 PM.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  29. #42
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?


  30. #43
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there is your problem. You are too worried about their true character, when you should only worry about the myth. If you want to get into true character no parent would approve of any adult to be their child's role model. Sometimes it is better to keep with the myth that he is the best person ever, while his ugly side is hidden away. Because seeing that good side is more important than knowing of the bad side.
    I see what you are saying Eleazor. But in the world of the internet, social media and Youtube (see Lance Stephenson with whom I love as a player and who appears to be growing from his mistake) there is very little left to myth. I don't believe this to be a perfect science. But, I prefer to do my due diligence as a parent and try to generally err on the side of cautionary.

    I also believe that there are some GREAT athlete role models, and that is possible to make a mistake, but then mature from it in a very positive and endearing way.

    There won't be any DeMarcus Cousins, OJ Simpson or even any Suh jerseys being worn at our place.

  31. #44
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, I really don't care who these people are or how they talk to their mothers. It's about one thing, basketball. That's what these guys are, basketball players. I buy a jersey that says Pacers on the front of it, so that's where it stays. It's not their job to kiss my butt and make me feel good about it. Just play ball. Win. Trying to justify why or how they should impact their children's lives should be moot, because the parent is the most important role model of them all. Not some athlete.
    And I appreciate your take. Let me say, I never quit on the PACERS after the Auburn Hills incident. But, I know that a chunk of the Hoosier state still struggles to get back to the fieldhouse. However, many of the PDers did quit on many of that era of Pacer players. Professional Athlete idolization will occur, as is a pretty natural part of fandom. I choose to continue to steer my kids toward the more positive ones. Which is ok, i think.

  32. #45
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also believe that there are some GREAT athlete role models, and that is possible to make a mistake, but then mature from it in a very positive and endearing way.

    There won't be any DeMarcus Cousins, OJ Simpson or even any Suh jerseys being worn at our place.
    Here is my problem. Just because they can jump high, run fast and catch a ball, why are they considered role models? What are they doing for the greater good of the planet?

    Athletes shouldn't be put to that type of standard. Just because you're good at a sport and people post your face on shoe and cereal boxes doesn't mean they should be a role model.

    This goes for actors and musicians, too.

    People that make a real difference in lives, Nobel Peace Prize winners, esteemed authors... examples like that.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  34. #46
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unclebuck- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Now you're just trying to derail the thread. Suggest you start a new topic on the main page. Otherwise, this one might go to .... in a handbasket.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  35. #47
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my problem. Just because they can jump high, run fast and catch a ball, why are they considered role models? What are they doing for the greater good of the planet?

    Athletes shouldn't be put to that type of standard. Just because you're good at a sport and people post your face on shoe and cereal boxes doesn't mean they should be a role model.

    This goes for actors and musicians, too.

    People that make a real difference in lives, Nobel Peace Prize winners, esteemed authors... examples like that.
    I agree. But, thats just not, "real world".

    I'm not going to ask anything unreasonable out of expectations. But many athletes use their fame and money to do amazing things... They should also be celebrated.

  36. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,741

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my problem. Just because they can jump high, run fast and catch a ball, why are they considered role models? What are they doing for the greater good of the planet?

    Athletes shouldn't be put to that type of standard. Just because you're good at a sport and people post your face on shoe and cereal boxes doesn't mean they should be a role model.

    This goes for actors and musicians, too.

    People that make a real difference in lives, Nobel Peace Prize winners, esteemed authors... examples like that.
    Those people aren't in the media spotlight to be seen by kids. The media throws images of athletes, musicians, and actors at kids all day. Kids see that and make them their role model. No one really wants their kids to think of Paris Hilton as a role model, but I remember when I was a senior in high school, one of the freshman classes did something where the students wrote down their role models. The number one role model for the girls was Paris Hilton. There really isn't much you can do about it unless you censor everything your child does, and prohibit them from having friends. The best you can do is steer them towards the good role models that are in the public eye.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  38. #49
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,683

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now you're just trying to derail the thread. Suggest you start a new topic on the main page. Otherwise, this one might go to .... in a handbasket.
    There should be a poll. just how self-riteous and self-absorbed is UB. A ton, a lot, too much or who is UB, I must have him on ignore.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  40. #50
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert- self-riteous, self-absorbed?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. But, thats just not, "real world".

    I'm not going to ask anything unreasonable out of expectations. But many athletes use their fame and money to do amazing things... They should also be celebrated.
    Why? When you have normal people volunteering at soup kitchens every Wednesday. Where is their celebration?

Similar Threads

  1. What are we going to do with Hibbert?
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 02:17 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 02:36 AM
  3. Hibbert on First Take
    By I Love P in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
  4. What is Roy Hibbert's value around the NBA?
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 06:38 PM
  5. Roy Hibbert
    By RCF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •