I know we have a lot of Area 55 and G2ers on PD, so I will probably get killed over this. But what is the deal with Roy's pompous demeanor during interviews?

I had the luck last year to sit near Danny's aunt in New Orleans last season (unknowingly). And upon her seeing my son and I were huge fans of the Pacers, she gave us her passes to go back and meet with the whole team for pictures and autographs. The experience was amazing as we got to mingle with the guys for about 30 minutes got great photos, an autographed ball and they were all so much fun! All except Roy...

Until that night I had thought Roy was a fun-loving and relatively grounded personality who was beginning to make a name for himself. And I just knew this guy wouldn't be affected by the hype and new fame/ impending all-star birth. Basically, he blew us off. We were disappointed but I chalked it up to maybe he was tired or under the weather...

The more I've seen him the more I have wondered if maybe I had him pegged wrong. When he gives interviews postgame, he spends the whole time spouting cliche after cliche, trying to sound like he's "the man", all uppety and full of himself! Like even when he said " A Hibbert always pays his debts" it sounded if he was auditioning for something!

I am really not trying to sound like the jilted stalker fan here! I really think its funny more than anything and I just laugh at my TV when he gets asked a question by Brooke and goes into Stevie Wonder mode staring off into the sea of his adoring fans at Bobcat stadium, while barely acknowledging her! But I don't know? He just comes off as a guy who reached a level he wanted to get to and his goofy and aloof personality and demeanor is getting in his way of reaching that next tier...

Anyone else notice this? And of I'm wrong, I'm cool with that. But, I am usually pretty good at reading people.