Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    If I could dump Hansbrough, Green and our 1st with Charlotte and a third team to get back MKG, I'd do it. I think MKG is a fantastic athlete and a heck of a defender already who will continue to grow his game offensively. And OJ will give us at least as much as Green by next season. This also dumps the minor burden of Green's contract.

    But if Charlotte just wanted to give us their 1st for Hansbrough and our 1st, that's fine. Although it could hurt us in this year's playoffs.

  2. #27
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sessions, their 1st and Biymobo are the only things I'd want from the Kittens that's within reason. I'm sure Walker and MKG are off the table.

    If the Pacers can work out a deal for either of those guys or the pick, then I'm all for it.

    I'm one of those guys that hopes Tyler is traded for a younger player, but preferably a pick (even if it's just a second rounder).
    LOL at thinking that Hansbrough has that much trade value to get Sessions, a 1st or Biyombo.

    He's worth an Expiring and a 2nd round pick at best. But given that the Bobcats pick will likely be a pick in the early 2nd round between the 31st to 36th pick...I'd take that 2013 2nd round draft pick any day for Hansbrough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like he is what he is. I'm disappointed because I saw areas where I really feel/felt he could improve and open up more of his game, but it just never happened.
    What's sad is that I recall someone ( I'm looking at you Seth ) that said this...pretty much after we drafted Hansbrough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL at thinking that Hansbrough has that much trade value to get Sessions, a 1st or Biyombo.

    He's worth an Expiring and a 2nd round pick at best. But given that the Bobcats pick will likely be a pick in the early 2nd round between the 31st to 36th pick...I'd take that 2013 2nd round draft pick any day for Hansbrough.
    I don't think anyone thinks that. I think people are just stating the only assets the bobcats have that they would have any interest in trading for.

  6. #30
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like he is what he is. I'm disappointed because I saw areas where I really feel/felt he could improve and open up more of his game, but it just never happened.
    I don't know. He's got a slightly better touch around the basket; he had a nice left-handed hook tonight that he couldn't do two years ago.

    But I don't see his game changing substantially at this point, no.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #31
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought we offered Tyler to get Augustin for more than one year, but they turned us down. Basically, they were getting Tyler for free and said no.
    That's how I remember it.

  8. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought we offered Tyler to get Augustin for more than one year, but they turned us down. Basically, they were getting Tyler for free and said no.
    And the myth keeps on going.

  9. #33

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Wojo, Mike Wells and others stated we attempted to trade for Augustin but it fell through. We signed DJ the following day.

  10. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wojo, Mike Wells and others stated we attempted to trade for Augustin but it fell through. We signed DJ the following day.
    Because DJ didn't want a long term deal from the Pacers to be a backup.

  11. #35
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    I would take any of Sessions, Kemba, MKG, Biyombo, and even Tyrus Thomas, as long as it included a draft pick or two. Granted, we'd have to add on to Hansbrough, but I'm sure we could figure out the logistics. I'd be okay with a third team jumping in and mixing everything up a little bit. Makes me wanna start a new Association on 2K13 and start switching people around. Damn you, work in the morning.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  12. #36
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    The manner in which people overexaggerate how bad Tyler is contributes to the many reasons why I never post here.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  14. #37
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because DJ didn't want a long term deal from the Pacers to be a backup.
    That is not the case.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  15. #38
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    I wouldn't trade Tyler to Charlotte for Gerald Henderson. Those two definitely need to be on the same team somehow.

    But I do like Gerald Henderson quite a bit. I also like Reggie Williams. I wouldn't want to give up much for either, because I think they could be had for fairly cheap. I think that they both would help our rotation. I'd trade GG for Henderson straight up, but there's really no reason for either team to do that. I'd trade Tyler only for some package surrounding Biyombo really. We would have to kick in some other assets in order to do so. He fits our defensive mentality and would give us more length and shot blocking than Tyler does. His skill set however might duplicate what we have in Plumlee, so I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to throw in more assets for the guy. Plus, Charlotte drafted Biyombo for a reason. His upside defensively is still huge.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  17. #39
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL at thinking that Hansbrough has that much trade value to get Sessions, a 1st or Biyombo.

    He's worth an Expiring and a 2nd round pick at best. But given that the Bobcats pick will likely be a pick in the early 2nd round between the 31st to 36th pick...I'd take that 2013 2nd round draft pick any day for Hansbrough.
    I'm sure you misread my post. I said those 3 things are the only things within reason on their roster that I'd want. Hans could probably get sessions, but not anything else. Pacers would have to include other pieces for any of the rest.

    My thinking is that a deal with Charlotte won't ever happen. Tyler for Sessions or their 2nd are about the only options possible. I'd do it for the 2nd rounder which should be high.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  19. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is not the case.
    Yes it was the case, that is what the Bobcats writer said on 1070 the fan the day after the Pacers signed DJ, I know it does not sound as good as "nobody wanted Tyler even if it was for free" but you are wrong.

    Here is one of the reports at the time:

    The Bobcats may have explored a few more sign-and-trade scenarios this afternoon after agreeing with Sessions, but it must have been quite evident that no one was interested. Charlotte has now officially rescinded Augustin’s qualifying offer worth close to $4 million and made him unrestricted free agent. Since then, reports have surfaced that Indiana has come to an agreement on a one-year contract with Augustin, so they were always interested, but not willing to give what the Bobcats wanted back for him in sign-and-trade.
    http://queencityhoops.com/blog/2012/...with-augustin/

  20. #41
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Where does it say that DJ didn't want a long-term deal which is why the deal fell through, which is what you claimed happened?

    That say's something opposite of what you just said happened, that the Pacers weren't willing to do the deal because of what they would have had to give up in return.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  22. #42
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it was the case, that is what the Bobcats writer said on 1070 the fan the day after the Pacers signed DJ, I know it does not sound as good as "nobody wanted Tyler even if it was for free" but you are wrong.
    Did you even read the report you posted? It says the exact opposite of what you're claiming.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  23. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you even read the report you posted? It says the exact opposite of what you're claiming.
    No really, the report was that the Pacers were looking for a long term deal with DJ and he didn't want that, the Pacers didn't want to give an asset in Tyler for a one year rental, it makes sense with what I was posting and what the Bobcats beat writer was talking about.

  24. #44
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No really, the report was that the Pacers were looking for a long term deal with DJ and he didn't want that, the Pacers didn't want to give an asset in Tyler for a one year rental, it makes sense with what I was posting and what the Bobcats beat writer was talking about.
    Are you saying that we weren't willing to give up any assets if we didn't sign him long-term? Augustin would have had Bird Rights if he signed for longer than one year and signing a one-year deal hurts his ability to make more on the open market after this year. A sign and trade would have preserved his Bird Rights I believe. Do you think Augustin was only interested in signing for one year because he thought he was worth more than the $3.5M?
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  25. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying that we weren't willing to give up any assets if we didn't sign him long-term?
    I think it was a combination of DJ not wanting a long term deal to be a backup and the Pacers not wanting to give the Bobcats an asset for free because they knew they could have signed DJ straight up.

    Augustin would have had Bird Rights if he signed for longer than one year and signing a one-year deal hurts his ability to make more on the open market after this year. A sign and trade would have preserved his Bird Rights I believe. Do you think Augustin was only interested in signing for one year because he thought he was worth more than the $3.5M?
    The report was the DJ only wanted a one year deal because he believes that he can still be an starter in the league.

  26. #46
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats local writer thinks Charlotte should trade for Tyler. Thoughts???

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The manner in which people overexaggerate how bad Tyler is contributes to the many reasons why I never post here.
    There does tend to be some exaggeration when talking about Tyler, but he hasn't really positively contributed much.

    He's a great "energy" guy.

    Doesn't shoot efficiently (42%), isn't an exceptionally good rebounder or defender (Although he's improving). +/- this season is -39, and I know that isn't a great stat, but it does give some data to go with the "feeling" that it "looks" like the team struggles when he's on the floor.

    Last night was a great example. He was completely dominated in the first half, being abused offensively/defensively. Then, with about 4 minutes to go in a 15-20 point game, he rattles off an impressive 8-10 points. Crashed the boards, the jumper was falling...and it meant nothing.

    It just feels like it's been a long time since he's made much of a positive impact, which is especially disappointing given how well things seemed to go a couple of years ago.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
  3. Charlotte Bobcats talking trade as draft approaches [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 01:00 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •