Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arians thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Arians thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jacksonville just filled their HC vacancy, so that only leaves Arizona as the only team left with a HC vacancy. They apparently have a lot of interest in Arians. So we'll see.
    I know that you probably have to take any head coaching offer when you're 60 years old and have never coached before. You're not exactly in a position to wait. But that Arizona job isn't very desirable at all, IMO. Bruce seems like he wants a good QB to work with, which is something he wouldn't have there. Plus they have to play four games a year against Seattle and San Francisco. Brutal. Heck, St. Louis didn't look that bad this year. Arizona is easily the worst team in that division. I don't really think the Arians stock is going to drop. People won't forget that he went 9-3 this year, and Luck will probably continue to make him look good next year. He might be better off if he waits a year to see if a better job opens up. That being said, he still probably has to take the Arizona job if it's offered to him. I guess you can't be picky when you're 60 and looking for your first head coaching gig.

With all the coaching turnover this season who will be on the hotseat next season for Arians to potentially wait on? Hard to believe any of the new coaches will not at least survive their first season isn't it?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    With all the coaching turnover this season who will be on the hotseat next season for Arians to potentially wait on? Hard to believe any of the new coaches will not at least survive their first season isn't it?
    Jets? Lions? Oakland? Panthers if they disappoint again? It seems there are at least 5 or so firings every year. Some of them are predictable, others are surprises.

Schwartz is almost guaranteed to be fired if the Lions miss the playoffs again. That would be a desirable job for Arians with all of the offensive talent. But like I said, when you're 60 years old like Arians and are looking for your first head coaching gig, you can't exactly be picky. You have to take what's offered to you. There might not ever be another offer. I think he's gotta take the Arizona gig if it's offered to him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I wasn't meaning to insult the CFL or Canada. Maybe this guy will work out just fine for the Bears. But Arians actually coached an NFL team for 75% of the season last year and went 9-3. This was in place of a sick coach and with a rookie quarterback. Clearly he got guys to buy into what he was selling. I'd put a lot of stock in that if I were making the decision, but I didn't do the interviewing. He's worked with Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Andrew Luck. I would also like that if I were looking for a coach who I hoped could get more out of Jay Cutler.
    I personally feel Arians did just an okay job as HC this year, he had his head scratches, and could have easily had a record of less than .500. Honestly I think the reason we pulled out so many close games was due to the work that Chuck put in and the mentality that he gave the team during the offseason, having his players in the mindset to never give up.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that he may have coached 75% of the games but I do not think the job he did was wonderful in any way, and honestly, I think GM's noticed this as well. How are you the front runner for coach of the year and can't even get a coaching gig in the offseason, some people say fit, but there were way too many jobs open for that to be the reason in my book.

I think he offers the most value as a QB coach, and is okay as an OC, and maybe he has what it takes to be a good HC, but he did not show me that in the season.
    Why so SERIOUS

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Jets kinda go in the Meh category other than just coaching in NY unless he sees something in their QB situation the rest of the NFL does not. I didn't think about the Raiders but not sure if the QB situation would interest him.

But the Lions sure could....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I think it's better that Arians leave so Pagano can coach this team without anyone second guessing that Arians would have done something differently. This has to be Pagano's team now but please no Christensen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Smothered Chicken!

Sucks for us, good for him.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

@#$%&*
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    @#$%&*
    That was the first thing to pop into my head to.

Maybe we should give Brad Childress a call? He was the Philly OC from 03-05, which includes the Super Bowl run with Owens in 04. I think he would be solid here with the tools we have.

This is an extremely important hire for the Colts. We need whoever we get to stay here for a few years. Luck needs some stability. We can't put Luck in a position where he is constantly adjusting to new coordinators.

Mood

Since we are losing Bruce, hopefully Clyde stays around, would be bad if we ended up losing both guys.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Maybe we should give Brad Childress a call? He was the Philly OC from 03-05, which includes the Super Bowl run with Owens in 04. I think he would be solid here with the tools we have.

This is an extremely important hire for the Colts. We need whoever we get to stay here for a few years. Luck needs some stability. We can't put Luck in a position where he is constantly adjusting to new coordinators.
    IF this is the case you should want Clyde to step up, he is a guy I never see jetting for a HC position, and he would be around for a while. Honestly I think he is decent OC, and really as Luck grows he will be the OC in a sense, Peyton succeeded under Clyde and I think Luck will do the same if this scenario happens.
    Why so SERIOUS