Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Rick Carlisle's press conference transcribed by a typical AOL user.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Carlisle's press conference transcribed by a typical AOL user.

(OPENNG STAETMENT)
    THANK U AL FOR BNG H3R3!!!! OMG I’M GONG 2 MAEK A WUT BREIF STAETMANT11!!! WTF OBVIOUSLY THEYRE R A LOT OF P3OPLA 2 THANK LARY BIRD FOR HIS CONFIEDNCA IN M3 DONEI WALSH FOR ALOWNG THIS WHOLE THNG 2 HAPEN A SPACIAL THX 2 DA SIMON FMILY – M3L AND BREN HERB AND DAVID AND ST3VE SIMON AS WAL!!!!1 OMG LOL THIS WUDN’T EVER HAEV HAPENED IF I DIDN’T HAEV A GRAAT OPORTUNITY IN DETROIT!!!! OMG LOL FRIDAY I MAED A PHONE CAL 2 JOE DUMARS 2 THANK HIM FOR WUT WAS NOTHNG LAS THAN A LIEF-CHANGNG OPORTUNITY IN DATROIT!!!1!!! LOL I WISH 2 THANK MR!!1! WTF WILIM DAVIDSON AS WEL A GRAAT OWN3R AND A GREAT MAN UP THEYRE WHO WAS A BIG PART OF GIVNG M3 TAHT CHANCA1!!!1!! OMG WTF LOL TAHT WAS GR3AT1!1! OMG
    I WUDN’T B SITNG HERA 2DAY EITHER AND I KNOW AV3RYBODY KNOWS LARY AND I HAEV A LONG HIS2RY 2GETH3R UNL3S I WAS PART OF SOM3THNG SUCASFUL LAADNG UP 2 NOW!!!! WTF LOL IF W3 HAD FALAN ON OUR FAECS IN D3TROIT AS CLOS3 AS LARY AND I AER I KNOW HA’D HAEV SOMEBODY ELSE SITNG H3RA RIGHT NOW111!!!1 OMG I THINK IT’S APROPRIAET TAHT I THANK MAH STAF IN DETROIT – KEVIN O’NEIL 2NY BROWN BOB OCEIPKA CHAD FORCEIR WHO’S GONG 2 B JOINNG M3 H3RA RON OLIEVR AND OUR PLAEYRS1!!1!1!! LOL OV3R DA WEKAND I CAL3D EACH PLAEYR INDIVIDUALY 2 THANK THEM FOR THERE EFORTS B/C IT WAS A TRULY UNIQUA GROUP OF GUYS A GROUP OF GUYS TAHT HAD A GREAT S3NS3 FOR WUT ACOUNTABILITY WAS ABOUT GRAAT 2UGHNES AN UND3RSTANDNG OF TEM AND AN UNWILNGNES 2 GIEV IN 2 LOWER3D 3XPECTATIONS1!11 OMG WTF LOL AND SO I’M V3RY THANKFUL 2 THOS3 GUYS FOR PUTNG ME IN THIS SITUATION1!!11 WTF LOL

THIS SUMER I RILLY BLEIV3D I WAS GONG 2 B TAKNG DA PATH I DID THRE YAARS AGO WHEN I L3FT INDIANA111! OMG I THOUGHT I WUD B TAKNG TEH YEAR OF AND DONG TV111!1! OMG WTF SO I SPENT A LOT OF TIEM THIS SUM3R WIT TEH PEOPLA FROM TNT AND ASPN TRYNG 2 COMA UP WIT A DEAL1!1!!!!1 OMG IT’S APROPRIAET ALSO 2 THANK THEM FOR THEYRE TIEM ESPACIALY MARK SHAPIRO FROM ASPN WHO EXTANDAD ME A V3RY GENAROUS OF3R ABOUT A WEK AGO AND I WAS PROBABLY TWO OR THRE DAYS AWAY FROM SIGNNG IT BFORE I GOT A CAL FROM LARY!111!1 OMG WTF SO I THANK THAM!!!1! OMG LOL IT’S A GREAT HONOR IN TWO WAYS NUMBR ONE FOR ME AND MAH WIEF DONA 2 B BAK IN TEH GREAT CITY OF INDIANAPOLIS AND DA GREAT STAET OF INDIANA!!!!!! OMG LOL HAVNG BAN A PART OF THIS ON3 TIEM SAV3RAL YEARS AGO I HAEV A SANSA FOR WUT BASKETBAL MAANS H3RE AND W3’RE VARY APRECIATIEV OF TAHT AND APRECIATIEV OF DA OPORTUNITY 2 B BAK HERA!1!!1! OMG WTF

THOMAS

I’M ALSO HONORED 2 B FOLOWNG ISIAH THOMAS WHO I HAEV SO MUCH R3SP3CT FOR IN SO MANY WAYS – NOT ONLY AS A GR3AT HAL OF FMA PLAEYR BUT HARA’S A GUY WHO’S DONE JUST ABOUT EVERYTHNG THEIR IS 2 DO IN BASKATBAL1!!!1 LOL HA’S BEN AN OWNAR A G3NERAL MANAEGR A PRESIEDNT A SUC3SFUL BROADCAST3R AND NOW A SUCESFUL COACH!!!!!!! LOL NOT ONLY TAHT H3’S ON3 OF TEH TRULY IMPORTANT SPORTS FIGURES AND LEAEDRS OF OUR TIEM!1!!1!1 OMG WTF AND I RESPECT TAHT!1!1!1 OMG LOL I DON’T LIEK 2 US3 DA WORD REPLAEC BUT I HOPE 2 FOLOW HIS LEAD OF DA LAST THRE YEARS11!!!1! WTF I KNOW THIS HAS BEN A TRYNG SITUATION AT TIEMS BUT I R3SPACT DA JOB HA DID HERA!!!1 LOL SO I’M RILLY PLZ AND I’D B HAPY 2 TAEK SOMA QU3STIONS!!!1!!! LOL

----------------------------------------
    (ON DA TAM’S TAELNT LEVEL)
    FROM AFAR THIS TEM HAS BEN LOK3D UPON AS A U TAM!!111!1 LOL FROM THIS POINT FORWARD THIS HAS 2 B LOKED AT AS A U VET3RAN TEM!!!!!!! OMG LOL DA WHOLE U THNG IS INTERESTNG111111 WTF LOL DA RULA THIS YEAR IS AT DA BGINNG OF TRANENG CMP ONLY GUYS WIT LAS THAN FOUR YAARS OF EXPAREINCA CAN B HERE11!!11!1 OMG DA JONATHAN BNDERS AND AL HARNG2NS DON’T FAL IN2 THIS CAETGORY111!1!! OMG WTF LOL THASE GUYS HAEV ALR3ADY BAN IN TEH LEAGU3 FOUR YEARS SO TH3SE GUYS HAEV B3N AROUND BUT THEY’RA AL U1111!1 OMG I LIEK THIS ROSTER VERY V3RY MUCH!!1! OMG LOL I HAD OPORTUNITEIS 2 GAT INVOLVED IN SOME OTH3R JOBS THIS SUMAR BUT D3CLIEND B/C I THOUGHT IT WAS GONG 2 B AN OPORTUNITY 2 RECHARGE AND DO SOM3THNG ELSA FOR A YAAR1!1111 WTF BUT WHEN THIS JOB CMA UP THIS IS ON3 U HAEV 2 TAEK NOT ONLY B/C OF DA P3OPLA INVOLV3D BUT B/C DA ROST3R IS V3RY GOD1!!!1! OMG LOL
    (ON TEH PATH HIS LIEF HAS TAEKN DA LAST THRE Y3ARS)
    YEARS AGO WH3N I WAS WORKNG FOR CHUK DALY HA ONC3 SADE TAHT TEH NBA IS A BUSIENS OF DYNMIC CHANG3 AND GREAT OPORTUNITY1!1!! WTF LOL AS I LOK BAK UPON DA EV3NTS OF TEH LAST THRE MONTHS I’VA N3VER COM3 SO 2 GRIPS WIT TAHT STAETMANT!111!!! OMG WTF THNGS HAP3N VERY QUIKLY VARY DYNMICALY AND IN A LIEF-CHANGNG FASHION11!!!! OMG LOL SO OFTAN THAY LEAD 2 OTHER GRAAT THNGS!11!1 OMG WTF LOL MAH SITUATION IN DATROIT 3NDED SURPRISNGLY AND ABRUPTLY BUT NOW THIS THNG HAS COME ON AL OF A SUDEN AND IT’S OBVIOUSLY A GREAT THNG FOR M3!1!!1 I LOK AT DA ROSTER OF THIS T3M AND THIS ROSTER HAS GONE THROUGH SOME CHANG3 OVER TEH SUMER!11!!!1 OMG WTF LOL BRAD MIL3R IS NO LONGER HER3!1!!!1 OMG BUT TAHT CHANGE IS GONG 2 LEAD 2 GR3AT OPORTUNITY FOR OTHER GUYS TAHT HAEV BEN H3R3 AND MAYB NOT HAD TEH OPORTUNITY THEY’V3 HAD 2 THIS POINT – GUYS LIEK CROSHERE FOST3R SCOT POLARD AL HARNG2N 2 A CARTANE DEGRE DAPENDNG ON HOW TEH LIENUPS GO AND HOW DA TEM SORT OF PANS OUT!111!1 LOL THEIR R CERTANE IRONEIS 2 A LOT OF THNGS TAHT HAEV HAPENAD!11!1!1 WTF BUT GENERALY THNGS HAPEN FOR A REASON111!!!!1 OMG I KIND OF LOK AT MAH SITUATION TAHT WAY AND I KNOW TEH PLAEYRS ON DA PRASANT ROSTER PROBABLY LOK AT DA CHANG3S OVER DA SUM3R TAHT WAY AS W3L1!1!!!1 LOL

ONEAL
    (ON MENDNG FENCAS WIT JERMANEE O’N3AL)
    I HAD A VERY NIEC CONVERSATION WIT J3RMANEE ON SATURDAY TEH CONTANTS OF WHICH R PRIVAET!1!!!! OMG LET ME SAY THIS AND B VERY CL3AR ABOUT IT THEYRE NOTHNG QUIET LIEK UR RELATIONSHIP IN UR FIRST JOB WIT UR BST PLAEYR!1!! WTF LOL WHAN I WAS IN DATROIT J3RY STAKHOUSE AND I WERE V3RY CLOS3!!!! WTF LOL WE STIL TOK ON A REGULAR BASIS111!1 LOL I 2LD J3RMANE3 TAHT I UNDERSTAND WUT ISIAH THOMAS MEANS 2 HIM NOT ONLY AS A COACH BUT AS A MEN2R AS A FREIND AND AS A FATHAR FIGURA1111 LOL I WIL IN NO WAY SHAEP OR FORM TRY 2 REPLAEC TAHT!1!!11 OMG ISIAH THOMAS WIL CONTINU3 2 B AN IMPORTANT PART OF JERMANEA’S LIEF AND HIS BASKETBAL LIEF AND DAVALOPMENT!!11!1! WTF LOL L3T’S R3MAMBR THIS JARMANE3 IS AN EXTR3MELY TAELNT3D PLAEYR BUT THIS GUY IS ONLY 24 YEARS OLD WHICH SEMS STAGERNG 2 MA1!!! OMG WTF H3’S BEN IN DA LEAGUE SEV3N YEARS1!1! OMG LOL AND S3VEN Y3ARS AGO WH3N I WAS IN PORTLAND WIT HIM IN HIS ROKEI YAAR H3 WAS TEH U PLAEYR EVAR 2 PLAY IN AN NBA GME AT TAHT TIEM1111! WTF LOL SO H3’S GROWN IN2 A MAN V3RY QUIKLY11!11! OMG WTF I’M HOPEFUL AT SOMA POINT TAHT WE’L B ABL3 2 TOK ABOUT BASKATBAL11111 OMG LOL OUR CONV3RSATION WAS V3RY POSITIEV!1!!1!1 OMG LOL
    (ON CHANG3S IN COACHNG STYLA FANS CAN AXPECT)
    I CAN’T RILLY ANSWAR TAHT FOR SURA111!11 ONA THNG I WIL SAY IN TOKNG 2 AL OF TEH INDIANA PLAEYRS I’V3 BEN ABLA 2 TOK 2 – I’VE MAED CONTACT WIT JUST ABOUT AL OF THEM – DA THNG I LIEK IS THES3 GUYS R AITH3R TOKNG ABOUT WINNG OR TOKNG ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY HAET 2 LOSE!11!1!1! LOL TAHT TALS M3 TWO THNGS TAHT THEY R THINKNG TEH RIGHT WAY AND DA GUY TAHT WAS IN H3R3 BFORA ISIAH DID A GOD JOB OF TOKNG ABOUT DA RIGHT THNGS AND PREACHNG THOSE THNGS ON A DAY-2-DAY BASIS11!11! OMG WTF SO I’M LOKNG FORWARD 2 TEH WHOL3 THNG1!111 OMG IT’S EXCITNG11!!!! WTF TIEM IS OF TEH ES3NCA1!1111 LOL NOT MANY COACHNG CHANG3S HAPEN IN TEH BGINNG OF S3PTAMBR!!!! WTF LOL THIS IS UNUSUAL TAHT WAY!!11 WTF LOL A LOT IS GONG 2 HAPAN IN A SHORT PARIOD OF TIEM11!11! OMG WTF LOL
    (ON WH3TH3R OFENSA OR D3FANSE IS HIS TEH PRIORITY IS 2 WIN GM3S AND DEP3NDNG ON UR PERSON3L TAHT CAN VARY FROM SITUATION 2 SITUATION11!1!1 OMG I’VE ALWAYS BLEIV3D A STRONG DEFENS3 IN THIS LEAGU3 IS A CORN3RS2NA WIT WHICH U CAN BUILD A T3M1111111! OMG WE DID NOT HAEV GREAT GRAAT OFENSIEV FIERPOW3R IN DETROIT!!!1 OMG WTF LOL WE HAD GOD OFENSIEV TAELNT BUT THEYRE W3R3 SIX TIEMS LAST YEAR WHAN WE SHOT UNDAR 40 P3RC3NT BUT W3RE STIL ABLA 2 WIN GM3S B/C W3 HELD PAOPL3 AT DA DAFENSIEV END!!11!1! WTF UR D3FENS3 IS WUT CAN HOLD U IN GM3S WHEN U STRUGLNG OF3NSIEVLY11!!! SO I BLEIV3 IT’S GONG 2 HAEV 2 B A CONSTANT FOR US!!11! OMG LOL IT’S GONG 2 B SOMETHNG W3 TOK A LOT ABOUT!11!! OMG NOW ONE OF TEH HARD3ST THNGS 2 DO IN COACHNG IS 2 TRY AND GAT A POSESION TYPA OF MENTALITY DEFANSIEVLY MORA OF A SLOW WOK-IT-UP GMA AND A FLOW M3NTALITY OFENSIEVLY1!!!11! IN D3TROIT W3 TREID 2 DO BOTH 2 HAEV IT BOTH WAYS AND IT’S A HARD THNG 2 DO B/C G3N3RALY SPAAKNG TEH BT3R OFANSIEV TAMS R WILNG 2 TRAED SHOTS111! WTF LOL W3 WANT 2 HAEV IT BOTH WAYS H3RE1!1!!1 OMG LOL WA WANT 2 B A GRAAT DAF3NSIEV T3M AND W3 WANT 2 B ABLA 2 RUN UP AND DOWN AND PLAY UNS3LFISHLY AND GET DA BAL MOVNG UP AND DOWN TEH COURT!111 WTF

DUMARS
    (ON NEGATIEV RAPORTS TAHT SURFAECD IN TEH AFT3RMATH OF HIS FIRNG IN MAH SITUATION IN DATROIT WAS SO POSITIEV FOR ME FOR TWO Y3ARS TAHT I GUES DA WAY I’D LIEK 2 ANSWER TAHT QUESTION IS JUST 2 SAY THIS THEYRE R TWO P3OPL3 IN DETROIT TAHT I THINK HAEV GREAT INTAGRITY TAHT W3RE THEYRE AVERY SNGLE DAY AND THAY R JO3 DUMARS TEH PRESIEDNT AND O HMMOND WHO’S DA G3N3RAL MANAEGR1!11!! LOL ANY QU3STIONS ABOUT WUT MAY OR MAY NOT HAEV HAP3NED UP THEIR SHUD B DIERCTED 2 THOSA TWO PAOPLA AND I THINK THEY’D B HAPY 2 ANSW3R IT!1!1 WTF LOL THEYRE CARTANELY NOTHNG 2 HIED111!1!1 OMG WTF OR U CUD CAL MAH MOTHER111! WTF LOL 3VIEDNTLY SHA’S OP3NED UP TEH LIENS SHA’S AVALEABL3 FOR COMENT AND SH3 CERTANELY WIL GIEV U H3R TAEK ON TEH WHOLE THNG!!111!
    (ON BNG INTIMIDAETD BY BIRD)
    I’M SW3ATNG UP HER3 CAN’T U TEL?!?!?! OMG WTF LOL WATE TIL U TRY 2 N3GOTIAET WIT TH3SA GUYS!11!1!!! TH3SE GUYS R 2UGH!1111! THIS THNG 2K A WEK1111! LOL U SHUD’V3 SEN DA THNGS TH3SE GUYS WANTED IN DA CONTRACT!!!!1! OMG DONEI WALSH WANTED ME 2 GO 2 CHARM SKOOL1!!1 OMG WTF LOL AND THAN BIRD FINALY SADE ‘WE’L SEND HIM 2 DA DAEL CARN3GEI COURSE AND HE’L B FIEN’!11111 WTF I 2LD LARY I 2K DA DAEL CARNEGEI COURS3 WHAN I WAS IN DA 10TH GRAED AND H3 DIDN’T BLEIVE IT!!!! OMG WTF LOL
    (ON HIS APROACH 2 HAVNG A SET ROTATION)
    IT’S ALWAYS AASEIR IF U CAN HAEV IT TAHT WAY!!!111 TAHT’S WUT U ALWAYS TRY 2 GET 2 BUT SOMETIEMS IT’S HARD1!!111! OMG AND I UND3RS2D Y IT WAS HARD FOR ISIAH111!!1!1 WTF LOL I HAD NEV3R SEN A ROSTER QUIET LIEK TH3Y HAD LAST YAAR1!!!!1! OMG WTF LOL IT WAS SO DEP WIT SO MANY GUYS TAHT WER3 SO CAPABL3 TAHT IT WUD’VE BAN A QUANDARY FOR ANY COACH1!!1 WTF DA ON3 THNG TAHT ISIAH DID WAS HE KAPT GIVNG GUYS A TASTA OF TEH ACTION AL DA TIEM11!1 WTF I THINK DA TRAED THIS SUMER WIL SIMPLIFY TEH ROTATION SITUATION 2 A CERTANE DEGRE BUT I STIL THINK MOST OF DA GUYS ON THIS ROST3R R TWO-POSITION PLAEYRS MAYB WIT TEH 3XCEPTION OF OUR POINT GUARDS1!111!1! OMG LOL J3RMANEE IS GONG 2 PLAY FOUR AND FIEV CROSHARE IS GONG 2 PLAY SOME FOUR AND MAYB A LITL3 BIT OF FIEV FOSTER WIL PLAY FOUR AND FIEV POLARD HARNG2N’S GONG 2 PLAY THRE AND FOUR BND3R IN MAH MIND CAN PLAY SOM3 TWO HE CAN CERTANELY PLAY THRE AND I SE HIM AS A GUY WHO CAN PLAY SOM3 FOUR AS WEL11!111 OMG WTF LOL SO WA’RA GONG 2 HAEV 2 GO SLOW AND MAEK SURE 3V3RYBODY TAHT NEDS 2 KNOW TWO OR THRE POSITIONS CAN LEARN THOSE POSITIONS AND R3INFORC3 TAHT AS DA S3ASON GO3S ALONG1!!!1 OMG
    (ON HIS 3XPECTATIONS)
    IT’S PRATY SIMPL3 WIN1!11!! OMG WTF IT’S LIEK TAHT IN JUST ABOUT EV3RY SITUATION!!!!11 WTF LOL

ARTEST
    (ON HIS IMPRESION OF RON ARTAST)
    I’VA SPENT THRE DAYS WIT HIM ON TEH COURT HARE WORKNG OUT AND I’M V3RY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THIS KID1!!1!1!1 LOL THOSA OF U TAHT KNOW HIM P3RSONALY WUT A NIEC GUY!!1!!11 WTF LOL SP3NDNG TIEM WIT HIM ON TEH COURT HE’S A MAN’S MAN1!1!1!1! H3’S JUST AN AL-OUT WORK3R!11!!!!1 WTF I KNOW TAHT THEIR W3RA ISUAS AND THNGS TAHT HAPANED LAST YEAR BUT THIS GUY’S ONLY 23 YEARS OLD AND PART OF HIM GETNG BY WUT ISUES HAPENAD 2 B THEYRE IS GONG 2 B HIS MATURNG PROCES BOTH AS A MAN AND AS A BASKATBAL PLAEYR!11!!! OMG WTF LOL TWO YEARS AGO 3VERYBODY WAS AL OV3R KANYON MARTIN1!1!11! OMG HE HAD SIX FLAGRANT FUS1!1!1 WTF LOL THIS PAST YAAR HE HAD TWO FLAGRANT FUS AND WAS A MUCH-CHANG3D GUY!1!! OMG WTF THIS Y3AR RONEI HAD I THINK NIEN FLAGRANT FUS AND I RILLY BLEIVA THIS GUY’S H3AEDD DOWN 2 TWO OR THRE THIS YEAR OR FOUR1!11! AND IF HA CAN DO TAHT WE’V3 MAED SOMA PROGRES!!!11 WTF BUT TEH PROC3S OF CHANG3 AND GROWTH IS A GRADUAL ONE1!!1!!!1 RONEI’S TEMMAETS R GONG 2 HAEV A LOT 2 DO WIT HOW THIS THNG GOES AND C3RTANELY TEH STAF WIL AS WEL!1!1111 WTF I LOK FORWARD 2 WORKNG WIT THIS GUY11111!1! WTF LOL HA’S JUST A TERIFIC PLAEYR AND I LOV3 WUT I’V3 SEN OF HIM AS A GUY DA LAST FOUR DAYS!1111!
    (ON ADJUSTNG HIS SYST3M 2 DA PERSON3L)
    I WUD ANTICIPAET TAHT OUR DAFENSIEV SYSTEM WIL B MORE OR LES DA SME NOT WITHOUT SOM3 FL3XIBILITY DAPENDNG ON SITUATIONS!!111 WTF LOL OFENSIEVLY IT’S A DIF3RANT SET OF AS3TS1!!! I BLEIV3 LIEK ISIAH DID IN DA IMPORTANCA OF A TEM 2 PLAY A FRELANCA STYLA AT TIEMS!!!!! LOL AT TEH SME TIEM I FEL THEIR A C3RTANE STRUCTURA U HAEV 2 HAEV 2 POINT DA BAL IN CARTANE DIERCTIONS AT DIF3R3NT TIEMS IN DA GMES!!!!1! OMG W3’L DO TAHT!!111 OMG A LOT OF IT WE’L LAARN AS WE GO!!1! OMG MAH FIRST YEAR IN DETROIT WA HAD GRAND IEDAS ABOUT HOW WE W3RE GONG 2 APROACH DA S3ASON AND WUT WE WARE GONG 2 DO AND ENDAD UP SCRAPNG A LOT OF IT AS W3 GOT IN2 TRANENG CMP1!!11! WTF LOL A LOT OF IT W3 WIL THINK OUT AND IENVITABLY CHANGA I’M SUR3!1111!11 OMG LOL
    (ON HIS COACHNG STAF)
    I’D LIEK 2 INTRODUCE A COUPL3 OF DA GUYS!!11 OMG WTF MIEK BROWN IS FROM DA WORLD CHMPION SAN AN2NIO SPURS11!! OMG WTF LOL HA’S GONG 2 B MAH LAAD ASISTANT AND HA’S GONG 2 HAEV TEH TITLE OF ASOCIAET H3AD COACH!11!! OMG WTF LOL I’M VERY PROUD 2 HAEV HIM JOINNG M31!!!! OMG DAN BURKE WHO HAS BAN H3RE IN A VAREITY OF DIFARANT CAPACITEIS IS GONG 2 B ON DA BNCH AS W3L1!1!1! AND RON ROTHSTEIN WIL ALSO B ON DA BNCH WIT MA1!11 OMG WTF I FEL AS THOUGH I’M V3RY FORTUNAET11!!! WTF LOL ISIAH HIERD A GR3AT GUY IN RONEI AND I’M GONG 2 TAEK ADVANTAEG OF TAHT1!11!11! RONEI’S A GUY WHO HAS BAN A HEAD COACH IN THIS LEAGUE AND HAS B3N A 2P ASISTANT MANY TIEMS!!1!! OMG I VEIW THIS AS THOUGH I HAEV TWO 2P ASISTANTS1!!!1 WTF I THINK THIS IS A GRAAT SITUATION1!!!11 WTF CHUK PERSON HAS BEN HELPNG OUT WIT GUYS DA LAST F3W DAYS AND IS GONG 2 DO TAHT FOR US DURNG DA MONTH AND W3’L SE HOW TAHT GO3S1!11 DA OTH3R GUY ON MAH STAF IS ONE OF DA F3LOWS TAHT WIL B BHIND TEH BNCH CHAD FORCEIR11!1!!1! OMG WTF HE WAS WIT US IN DATROIT AS WAL!1!!!1! LOL HE’L B DONG SOM3 D3TALE WORK AND H3 WORKS WIT DA PLAEYRS DOAS SOM3 STATISTICAL STUF!11!11! WTF LOL H3 DOES A LITLE BIT OF 3V3RYTHNG AND IS A HARD WORKER!1!!1!1 WTF I KNOW THEYRE R SOM3 OTHER GUYS TAHT HAEV BEN HERE AS WEL AND WA’R3 GONG 2 TOK 2 THEM AND SE IF THEIR AERN’T SOMA THNGS THAY CAN DO AS W3L!1!! OMG WUT W3 CAN DO 2 PUT 2GETHER A CONSISTENT WINNG THNG TAHT’S GONG 2 BUILD FORWARD111! OMG LOL I ADMIER DA JOB ISIAH DID HARE1111 OMG THEIR WERA SOM3 3XTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES AT TIEMS AND HE HANDL3D THNGS WIT GREAT DIGNITY11!!1 OMG LOL AND I UNDERSTAND H3’S GONG 2 B STAYNG IN INDIANAPOLIS AND I THINK TAHT’S GR3AT111!1 WTF I LOK FORWARD 2 SENG HIM AT GM3S AND HAVNG HIS FMILY IN THIS GRAAT CITY FOR HOWEVAR LONG TH3Y STAY1!1!!! OMG AND I KNOW WUT GONG 2 HAP3N11!!!1 OMG HE’S GONG 2 3ND UP G3TNG TAHT ASPN JOB TAHT I GOT OF3R3D BUT THEY’RA GONG 2 PAY HIM 10 TIEMS WT WARE GONG 2 PAY MA1!11 OMG WTF
    (ON TEH NED 2 MAEK CHANGAS ON DA ROSTER)
    IF THEYRE A WAY 2 AD A PLAEYR TAHT’D B GREAT BUT ISU3S OF PARSONAL HAEV 2 B DIERCT3D 2 LARY AND DONEI!!!1! WTF THOSE GUYS R TEH BOSES!111 OMG WTF LOL I LIEK TEH ROSTER TEH WAY IT IS111!!!!! LOL IT’D B GR3AT IF WE CUD GO AEHAD AND FIND OUT WUT WE HAEV1!!!! OMG BUT IF THEYRE A DEAL WE’V3 GOT 2 LOK AT I’M SUR3 TH3Y WIL!111!!! WTF LOL
    (ON HIS AXPACTATIONS)
    I RILLY BLEIV3 TAHT TEH SUCES OF THIS GROUP OF PLAEYRS IS GONG 2 B THEYRE ABILITY 2 COME 2GATHER AND BCOMA A TRU3 TEM!!11!1! OMG WTF WUT DO3S TAHT MAAN??!!? OMG WTF LOL IT MEANS KIND OF WT TEM IN PUER2 RICO DID OVER TEH PAST TWO WEKS!1!1!! OMG WTF U H3AR LARY BROWN CONSTANTLY TOKNG ABOUT TEM PLAY AND H3LPNG AACH OTHER11!1! OMG WTF LOL THEIR R A LOT OF U PLAEYRS ON THIS TAM TAHT BLEIVE THAY HAEV TEH ABILITY 2 DO A LOT OF GREAT THNGS INDIVIDUALY AND THAY DO!!!11!1 WTF LOL BUT WUT MAEKS A TEM GRAAT IS NOT ONLY HAVNG GREAT COMPETITION FOR POSITIONS AND PLAYNG TIEM BUT ALSO BNG ABL3 2 PUL FOR ON3 ANOTH3R1!!111 OMG WTF LOL 2 B ABLE 2 DO BOTH OF THOS3 THNGS TAEKS GREAT CHARACTER GREAT UNDERSTANDNG AND IT TAEKS A COLECTIEV VISION OF A GOAL111!! OMG WTF LOL AND TEH GOAL HER3 IS OBVIOUSLY 2 WIN A CHMPIONSHIP11!!!! OMG LOL ISIAH TOK3D A LOT ABOUT IT AND TAHT’S Y WE’RE HER31!!1! OMG WTF BUT THOS3 PLAEYRS R GONG 2 HAEV 2 ATACH THEMSELVES 2 THOSE VALUAS IF THEY RILLY WANT 2 G3T 2 WHERE THEY THINK THEY WANT 2 GO AND IT’S 2UGH!1!1 WTF LOL IT’S NOT GONG 2 B 3ASY!11! WTF

CROSHERA
    (ON AUSTIN CROSHER3’S ROLE)
    LOK LARY AND I KNOW WUT AUSTIN CAN DO1111 WTF HA WAS A K3Y PLAEYR FOR US IN DA FINALS IN 200 AND HE’S A GUY TAHT HAS A LOT OF UNUSUAL ABILITEIS FOR A GUY 6-9 OR 6-1011!!1!!! OMG TEH TRAED OF BRAD MILER I THINK ENHANC3S TEH POSIBILITY OF HIM G3TNG SOME MINUTES!!1! OMG LOL BUT I CAN’T SIT HERE AND T3L U EXACTLY HOW H3’S GONG 2 GET MINUTAS1!!11!1 OMG WTF I THINK AUSTIN FROM MAH CONV3RSATION WIT HIM TWO DAYS AGO IS RILLY WORKNG HARD THIS SUMER IS IN GR3AT CONDITION AND IS VERY MUCH LOKNG FORWARD 2 DA OPORTUNITY OF A NU SEASON!1!1!! WTF I DON’T PLAN 2 EXPLORE THIS THNG WITHOUT TAKNG A GOD HARD LOK AT 3VERYBODY AND HE’S GONG 2 GET AN OPORTUNITY11!1 LOL
    (ON HOW HE AND BIRD INITIALY HIT IT OF WIT DA CELTICS AND WT FREINDSHIP HAS MEANT)
    I’L TAL U A FUNY S2RY!!1!1 OMG LOL MAH ROKEI Y3AR AND I’V3 NEVAR 2LD THIS S2RY PUBLICLY BUT THIS WIL GIEV U AN IEDA OF LARY’S SENS3 OF HUMOR AND KIND OF HOW OUR RALATIONSHIP GANEED MOMENTUM AARLY ON!!!11 WTF WE WARE IN HARTFORD CN AND WE WERE PLAYNG A GM3 AGANEST CHICAGO WHEN THAY HAD QUINTIN DALE3Y AND MICHAEL JORDAN WAS A ROKEI1!11!! OMG I HADN’T GOTEN IN2 A GME IN THRE WEKS – LIETRALY NOT AT AL1!111!!! OMG LOL SO DA BUZAR GO3S OF AT TEH 3ND OF DA THIRD QUART3R AND KC1!!!!1 WTF LOL JONAS COM3S DOWN POINTS 2 MA AND GO3S U GOT DANY (ANEGA)’11!11! OMG I’M IN TEH GME SO I KIND OF NUDG3 MAH WAY IN2 TEH HUDLE!1!1!!1 WTF AND I’L NAVER FORG3T THIS!!1!1 OMG LOL KC!!11 WTF LOL TAEKS TEH BOARD AND HA SAYS DENIS O U GO RIGHT HER3 AND HA PUTS A D WIT A CIRCL3!1!1!11! LOL SCOTY (WEDMAN) U OVER H3R3 S!1!1! WTF LOL AND K3VIN U RIGHT H3RE K11!!11! WTF LOL LARY U OVER HERE L!!!!! OMG WTF LOL AND UH UH RIGHT HER3 SCRIBL3 MARK1!1!!!11 OMG SO WE STAND UP OUT OF DA TIEMOUT AND LARY SAYS ‘KC!1!! OMG WTF I’D LIEK U 2 MET RIK HA’S BEN WIT US FOR SIX MONTHS!!!!111! WTF LOL RIK THIS IS KC’!111111 LARY AND I HAEV A LONG HIS2RY AND I HAEV HUG3 RESP3CT FOR WUT HE’S DONE IN THIS BUSIENS AND HE’S BAN A GREAT FREIND 2 M3 AND DONA11!1 WTF LOL BUT I NAVER WUD HAEV PREDICTAD THIS IF TAHT WAS UR QU3STION AND I DON’T THINK LARY WUD’VA 3ITH3R1111!!!! OMG WTF LOL BUT I’M HAPY IT’S HAPEN3D THIS WAY11!111!1 LOL

Re: Rick Carlisle's press conference transcribed by a typical AOL user.

My eyes hurt...

Comment

My eyes hurt...
      Yeah, sorry about that. Nothing I could do

Comment

RONEI’S TEMMAETS R GONG 2 HAEV A LOT 2 DO WIT HOW THIS THNG GOES AND C3RTANELY TEH STAF WIL AS WEL!1!1111 WTF I LOK FORWARD 2 WORKNG WIT THIS GUY11111!1! WTF LOL HA’S JUST A TERIFIC PLAEYR AND I LOV3 WUT I’V3 SEN OF HIM AS A GUY DA LAST FOUR DAYS!1111!
        I FOUND THIS STAETMANT VERY INTERESTNG!!!11!!1 OMG WTF
        Originally posted by Natston;n3510291
        I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of the 3 T.J.s working for them, and that ain't bad...

Comment

My eyes hurt...
          Yeah, sorry about that. Nothing I could do
          GOD U CANT TYP3 WIT A **** UR SUPOS3D 2 TYPA THIS11!!!!11 OMG LOL

"YAAH SORY ABOUT TAHT1!!!! OMG WTF NOTHNG I CUD DO"

Originally posted by Natston;n3510291
          I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of the 3 T.J.s working for them, and that ain't bad...

Comment

wow, i hardly understood a word. someone please tell me i'm not alone...

was that english?

Comment

Classic!

I thought I was logged on to another forum I frequent - they write just about like that.
              "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hicks, I am so proud of you

Now is there a translator to switch that back to the original format?

Comment

Working...
                X