Another W in the books!

(Courtesy of NBA.com)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame Thread 1/12/13

10 in a row at home! Nice.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Also, we definitely would have lost this game earlier in the season. Reasoning: the game from earlier in the season.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Is that the third Pacer this year with a triple double? or did George Hill just miss? Which also makes me wonder what the record is for most players to record a triple double on the same team in a single season is.

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that the third Pacer this year with a triple double? or did George Hill just miss? Which also makes me wonder what the record is for most players to record a triple double on the same team in a single season is.
    That's the 3rd
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    That's the 3rd
    And the dude that doesn't have a trip dub is the one going to the AS game and the one who might have the best chance at one the rest of the way. Heck, he's flirting with a 5x5, at least 5 in each of Points, Reb, Ast, Blocks, Steals.

Of course Danny too, but you keep him off the radar until he actually gets playing for awhile.

And if Paul makes the ASG then the team has FOUR all-star players from at least 08-09 season. And the oldest of that group is West who has pushed to give himself a shot at it this year. In other words, 4 recent/legit ASG caliber players + George Hill who is only slightly off that pace and has one of the trip dubs. Freaking very balanced, high talent starting 5. And with Lance and Ian showing lots of improvement during the season the bench (post-DG return) is looking pretty solid too.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    And with Lance and Ian showing lots of improvement
    Did you see Manhinmi's dime to West in the middle of traffic? One of the sweetest passes by a Pacer all year.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    And the dude that doesn't have a trip dub is the one going to the AS game and the one who might have the best chance at one the rest of the way. Heck, he's flirting with a 5x5, at least 5 in each of Points, Reb, Ast, Blocks, Steals.

Of course Danny too, but you keep him off the radar until he actually gets playing for awhile.
    You can't be serious. Danny has one game in his career with 10 assists. It ain't happening.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    You can't be serious. Danny has one game in his career with 10 assists. It ain't happening.
    After last night, David West has two. I'm not saying it's likely (it's not), but your response is a bit of an overreaction, no?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post

make it two NBA remove GHill s triple double by taking off one rebound

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Agreed. Someone should teach him how to fake a 3pt shot and drive to the hoop.

Also....someone is going to have to tell me.....were the 3pt attempts that he took considered "good shot selection"?
    He took at least 2 terribly quick and contested 3 point attempts. He's does it every every game. He had terrible stretch in the 3rd when he turned it over twice. After the first he was mad at himself and forgot to pickup a man giving the Bobcats a wide open 3, then after the second turnover he came down the next possession and chucked a contested 3 up. The guys driving me crazy because I see the immense talent, but he's just doesn't get it.

I do want to credit him for his D, though. He really could be a great defender if he wanted to. There were times last night when he was outstanding on that end.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    He took at least 2 terribly quick and contested 3 point attempts. He's does it every every game. He had terrible stretch in the 3rd when he turned it over twice. After the first he was mad at himself and forgot to pickup a man giving the Bobcats a wide open 3, then after the second turnover he came down the next possession and chucked a contested 3 up. The guys driving me crazy because I see the immense talent, but he's just doesn't get it.

I do want to credit him for his D, though. He really could be a great defender if he wanted to. There were times last night when he was outstanding on that end.
    That is exactly why I was holding onto hope with him for so long, but no longer am.

Good win. I wonder who'll get the start at SF tomorrow.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

.5 games out of 2nd in the East.

1.5 games out of 1st in the East.

It wasn't pretty, but good teams get the job done, even in the face of adversity.

That said, we need Paul George to win tomorrow in all likelihood, the Nets, for now, are playing much better ball and seem to be responding to PJ Carlisimo.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Ian and West held it down. Ben Gordon deserves a better franchise. Kidd-Gilchrist sure didn't distinguish himself. DJ can be clutch from the free throw line.

Lance is like Justified. He doesn't nail every scene, but when he's good, you have to keep him near the top of your rotation.

A couple of battered teams playing at 1:00 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    A couple of battered teams playing at 1:00 tomorrow.
    Falcons/Seahawks?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

If the Heat lose to the Kings (possible, in Sacto)

we are then 1 game out of 1st
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

Good win. I'm happy that Lance, DJ, Hill, West and Ian stepped up for the injured guys.

Let's hope that PG is a go against Brooklyn tomorrow. If he isn't, I don't see a win there. He is crucial to our defense as tonight's game proved.

I'll say this about DJ. Yes, I am aware that he's not a good defender. It's true. But when he plays motivated and with energy he can sure be pesky.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

wow that was a really good win - just about everybody stepped up and played extraordinarily well
    Mahinmi and DJ are getting better and better as this season progresses and its great to see
    Lance has been pretty electrifying! I always want to see more of him on the court lol

One thing I will say though is that Gerald Green is digging his own grave right now: 3-12 with 8 of them being 3s? Sheesh!

Great win anyways, and we played really well as a cohesive unit!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    One thing I will say though is that Gerald Green is digging his own grave right now: 3-12 with 8 of them being 3s? Sheesh!
    I think that Gerald has to cut down on those 3s. He had a nice move tonight taking it inside and he didn't play bad D either.

It's just that he's so trigger happy from 3 point land that he does dig his own grave at times.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 01-12-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: wanted to write "inside" instead of "nice"

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I think that Gerald has to cut down on those 3s. He had a nice move tonight taking it nice and he didn't play bad D either.

It's just that he's so trigger happy from 3 point land that he does dig his own grave at times.
    Hm. I won't say he suffers from Brandon Rush syndrome because he doesn't disappear from the offense. I thought he was a real detriment to the team though because by jacking so many shots, he took away from other opportunities from other players to get a much higher percentage shot. This immediately changed in our favor and we went on a big run when we took him out of the lineup. Also, all he does is camp the 3 point line - there really isn't much of a need to guard him when he isn't that big of a threat. This allowed Charlotte to apply more pressure on the other players (notice all their fg %s went up once Green left the game) and when your shot isn't falling (ala 3-12, 2-8) you should really try to change things up, not just stand there and continue to jack up shots hoping they go in (just like West, passing the ball instead of continuing to force shots, and allowing shots to come to him as he got into a rhythm)

I'm being unduly harsh on him but I've grown kind of tired of seeing him play.

Not going to let that dampen the mood though - Indy still played a wonderful game and got the W!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Hm. I won't say he suffers from Brandon Rush syndrome because he doesn't disappear from the offense. I thought he was a real detriment to the team though because by jacking so many shots, he took away from other opportunities from other players to get a much higher percentage shot. This immediately changed in our favor and we went on a big run when we took him out of the lineup. Also, all he does is camp the 3 point line - there really isn't much of a need to guard him when he isn't that big of a threat. This allowed Charlotte to apply more pressure on the other players (notice all their fg %s went up once Green left the game) and when your shot isn't falling (ala 3-12, 2-8) you should really try to change things up, not just stand there and continue to jack up shots hoping they go in (just like West, passing the ball instead of continuing to force shots, and allowing shots to come to him as he got into a rhythm)
    I completely agree. He didn't disappear. He was the polar opposite. He eclipsed our offense and just kept gunning.

Personally, I want to see him more in the post. He can do damage there as he has an actual post up game. We should use him to his strengths.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hm. I won't say he suffers from Brandon Rush syndrome because he doesn't disappear from the offense.
    Yeah, definitely not. If he were Brandon Rush he'd be both taking less threes and making them at a much higher percentage.

I'd guess that if Green could put up the numbers coming off the bench that Rush did out west last year we'd all be pretty happy with him. Kind of funny, eh?

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

11-12 GSW 65 1 26.4 0.501 0.452 0.793 0.5 3.4 3.9 1.4 0.5 0.9 1.05 0.98 9.8

Ack, I just looked and Gerald is shooting even worse than I thought - .362 overall and .311 from behind the arc:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    12-13 IND 35 5 21.4 0.362 0.314 0.775 0.7 2.1 2.8 0.7 0.2 0.4 1.2 1.3 7.2

P.S. I'm not arguing we shouldn't have traded Rush. That ship has sailed and he needed a change of scenery. Still, who thought Green would look inferior to Rush in pretty much every area except dunks when we first signed him? I didn't.
    Last edited by gummy; 01-12-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

37. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

One thing I will say though is that Gerald Green is digging his own grave right now: 3-12 with 8 of them being 3s? Sheesh!!

With those shots he's digging my grave too.

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady
    One thing I will say though is that Gerald Green is digging his own grave right now: 3-12 with 8 of them being 3s? Sheesh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    With those shots he's digging my grave too.
    Am I the only one that didn't like that the Team took so many 3pt shots?

I get that they were hitting some of them and that the Bobcats are a horrific perimeter defending Team....but I thought we could have let up on taking so many 3pt Attempts.

I am really hoping that West and Hibbert are able to come back at some point to provide a decent to solid low-post offensive presence just to keep the opposing Team's Defense honest. We got lucky with hitting so many 3pt shot attempts....but we won't be playing horrific defensive teams like the Bobcats all season long.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-12-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.