Thread: I think this deserves its own thread (David West on Granger's Return)

Default I think this deserves its own thread (David West on Granger's Return)

Music to my ears.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ls=nbahpsplit2

As a side note, it's an interesting point David has. If they hadn't given away some easy games to start the season, they'd actually be in first place right now, above Miami.

EDIT: Thanks aamcguy for the link!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Default Re: I think this deserves its own thread (David West on Granger's Return)

The home stretch David refers to starts January 30th and basically lasts all of February (only two road games in Feb). Can't wait!

Default Re: I think this deserves its own thread (David West on Granger's Return)

It sounded like he said he was coming back during a home stretch. I assume it's the one around the All-Star Break. If so that's huge. Adding Granger to a streaking team would do wonders for the playoff seeding.

Sports Logo

We're only 2.5 weeks out of February. Although January is going to look like a rough series of Road Trips.....playing 7 out of the next 9 on the Road....I'd hope that the Team/Medical Staff targets his return when the Pacers return home at the beginning of February.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

well Danny is running and with the team every day, thats a great sign. I wonder if we sneak him in a few games before the ASG break.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I understood him as the "home stretch" as in the end of the season heading into the playoffs, but he certainly seemed way too optimistic to be expecting him so late.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understood him as the "home stretch" as in the end of the season heading into the playoffs, but he certainly seemed way too optimistic to be expecting him so late.
    Not to rush him...but the the sooner...the better. Adding a HUGE piece back into the puzzle is going to take time to make it all work. It's going to be bumpy at first...but I think that it just takes time to get the chemistry back to the way it was last season.

But that is why I want to get Lance used to playing with DJ in the 2nd unit....while building chemistry with Lance/DJ/Green/Hansbrough/Mahinmi.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I expect a period of adjustment when Granger comes back where DG will get used to how the team's been playing since his injury. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a few losses initially, but that should change once everything's clicking.
    Last edited by Doddage; 01-13-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    I expect a period of adjustment when Granger comes back where DG will get used to how the team's been playing since his injury. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a few losses initially, but that should change once everything's clicking.
    I wouldn't expect Vogel to immediate start using him as if he has been playing the whole season. I think they will try to limit any possible negative affects.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Someone needs to tell him that when Danny comes back the team is going to be markedly worse. Poor guy clearly doesn't know.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I wouldn't expect Vogel to immediate start using him as if he has been playing the whole season. I think they will try to limit any possible negative affects.
    I don't know what the answer is as to when the best time to come back is....but I hope that there is a happy medium in between having him come back as early as possible and when the Medical staff has totally cleared him from being 110% healthy to play. We need him to be completely healthy....but we also need him to integrate back into the lineup and build back the chemistry that existed last season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-13-2013 at 12:53 AM.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    well Danny is running and with the team every day, thats a great sign. I wonder if we sneak him in a few games before the ASG break.
    This is what's been hinted at to me. Not sure how reliable, but it was more than just total BS talk.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    No, he says "Home...(thinks of a way to describe series of home games)...stretch of games". He's definitely talking about that run in FEB which has always been the timetable and everything points to that type of progress. I think they are intentionally being patient and have Danny chomping at the bit to come back rather than still feeling like he can't play.

The only thing I don't get was what Bruno (IIRC) was trying to do with the whole "he might not be back this season" talk. Nothing suggests this is close to right and it almost feels like an intentional misdirect or something.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    No, he says "Home...(thinks of a way to describe series of home games)...stretch of games". He's definitely talking about that run in FEB which has always been the timetable and everything points to that type of progress. I think they are intentionally being patient and have Danny chomping at the bit to come back rather than still feeling like he can't play.

The only thing I don't get was what Bruno (IIRC) was trying to do with the whole "he might not be back this season" talk. Nothing suggests this is close to right and it almost feels like an intentional misdirect or something.
    I don't think they really know what they're talking about. I keep hearing away announcers and even TNT saying he had surgery.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Danny will play harder and better than ever.... "The team is winning without me. I have to play harder to show why I'm a valuable piece to this team. I have to show i can be and will be the piece that puts us over the top." IMO
    Last edited by sportfireman; 01-13-2013 at 06:55 AM.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    As a side note, it's an interesting point David has. If they hadn't given away some easy games to start the season, they'd actually be in first place right now, above Miami.
    So . . . according to West, if Vogel had listened to those of us calling for Lance to start at the beginning of the season, then we'd be in first place right now?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Yeah, that bit about Danny having the itch to play was great. Dude wants to be on the court.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

But that is why I want to get Lance used to playing with DJ in the 2nd unit....while building chemistry with Lance/DJ/Green/Hansbrough/Mahinmi.
    Like this 2nd unit!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Like this 2nd unit!
    I don't. Lance and Mahinmi are the only reliable Players in that lineup. You know what you will get from them....night in and night out. As for DJ, Green and Hansbrough.....they are perfectly capable of producing. Vogel may only go 8 deep when it comes to the rotation.....the problem is that we get inconsistent production from the primary backup PG and PF. Maybe there will be a 8 man rotation of GH/PG/Granger/DW/Hibbert/Lance/Mahinmi/DJ with Green and Hansbrough playing some spot minutes I can live with DJ being the primary backup PG as long as he is playing with the primary core of 8 Players and Hansbrough getting spot minutes at the backup PF spot..as long as Granger plays some backup PF minutes.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-13-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Mood

DWest interviews well. It seemed clear to me he meant the upcoming stretch of home games. I like where he says Danny is with them every day and is getting the "itch" because Danny sees how much fun they are having! I'm pretty stoked to get DGranger back!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Danny wasn't expected to be back until the home stretch of games , like right before the playoffs, I don't think he would be running right now. Not sure if he is doing any contact drills yet, that's probably next in line for him and since he is with the team every day, I'd think that would be soon