Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who are you 2nd and 3rd favorite teams?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Who are you 2nd and 3rd favorite teams?

I like watching the Warriors if I have time. I always liked the Sonics and will probably be a fan of them again if they get a team.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:

Mood

I watch and root for no other team besides the Pacers. (in the NBA)

Now I don't really have a 2nd favorite, but Boston was when the Big 3 was still together.

Actually, scratch that, I do like the Wizards because of their young talent (Wall, Beal, Vesely--who I still think can succeed in the league). If only they had a more competent GM running the show.
    Last edited by Doddage; 01-14-2013 at 04:30 PM.

This changes season to season. Just depends on who I enjoy watching. These also tend to be new teams that are just getting good. Thunder, Grizzlies, Clippers (even though besides Chris paul I don't like any of their players) Not a Bulls fan but I do enjoy watching how that team plays. But the year the Mavs won the championship I was really rooting for them. I actually didn't hate the Pistons until the brawl. I enjoyed the Celtics for a few seasons starting in 2008 - tired of them now. I wish I could see more Warriors games.

Overall though I am a sucker for teams that play good hard nosed defense. And if you look at the stats, after the pacers, the Thunder, Grizz, Warriors and Clips are among the best defensive teams - so that is what I am drawn too.

I don't hate teams just because of they are the Lakers or Heat or Knicks. I hate watching this current Lakers team play, hate their style. Knicks are more enjoyable to watch this season. Heat, no while I appreciate their defense, I still don't like them.

My favorite teams to watch are:
    1. Pacers
    2. Pacers
    3. Pacers

If I get a little bored with one of my preferred three teams, I have been known to closely follow the team of Pacemates during timeouts. But only because my preferred team does not yet field a team of Playmates.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Nuggets have grown on me over the past several years...
    Now you are just bragging, aren't you.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Raptors.

Though my 2nd and 3rd favorite teams are far and away behind my love for the Pacers, I'd have to say the Thunder are my 2nd favorite. I really respect Kevin Durant and I think he's the best player in this league. But even though he's the best or one of the best, he doesn't seem nearly as cocky about it like some players (Kobe and LeBron come to mind). Obviously their athleticism is a big reason they are so fun to watch, but I really liked the trio of Westbrook, Harden and Durant. Now that Harden's gone, Martin's a solid replacement and Ibaka is really turning into a good all around player as well. Oh yeah, and the OKC fans are insane! I feel like our crowd is quite pathetic noise-wise besides Area 55 and the G2 zone...

I don't really have a 3rd favorite team, but if I had to pick one I would say it's Golden State. I love to see teams that have done poorly over the years finally put it together, plus they're the team closest to me. Steph Curry is a fun player to watch along with Klay Thompson, of course ex-pacer Jarrett Jack (will always be a huge fan of this guy) and Carl Landry (whom I think the Pacers should have signed when they had a chance).