Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

I can say this - I know a bunch of Lakers fans who are so fed up with Dwight they'd trade Dwight straight up to Indy for Hibbert. Of course, that's just a fans point of view.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rest my case...... I have observed many times that the people who really are trolls are the ones who constantly call other people trolls and they are the ones who should be banned in my opinion...... So someone disagrees with you. Welcome to the real world......
    I disagree with vnzla violently on just about everything. I don't recall ever calling him a troll. But since you rested your case, I guess that means I lost. ****.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Cool Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I disagree with vnzla violently on just about everything. I don't recall ever calling him a troll. But since you rested your case, I guess that means I lost. ****.
    It only means that you should be banned for calling people names.....

I think Roy would be a good fit in Miami. James, Wade and Hibbert would (imo) mean more Championships than James, Wade and Bosh. And if your Pat Riley what would stop you from making a one for one trade , Bosh for Hibbert.

(Granted, I've never thought of Bosh as a max player.)

It only means that you should be banned for calling people names.....
    That's fine by me. They can ban me for it. I've received an embarrassing amount of infractions on this site for a vast array of dickery, but never for calling you a troll. Probably a reason for that.

Banned

And to answer the OP question I don't believe that Hibbert is going anywhere he is a big part of the defense, now if in 2 years Hibbert still sucks on offense? maybe, I still don't see it though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    I think Roy would be a good fit in Miami. James, Wade and Hibbert would (imo) mean more Championships than James, Wade and Bosh. And if your Pat Riley what would stop you from making a one for one trade , Bosh for Hibbert.

(Granted, I've never thought of Bosh as a max player.)
    Hell no to Bosh that guy is the softest player ever what a waste of talent.

Banned
    Mood

That's fine by me. They can ban me for it. I've received an embarrassing amount of infractions on this site for a vast array of dickery, but never for calling you a troll. Probably a reason for that.
    So, you get the infractions but I am the troll.... What an idiot....

So, you get the infractions but I am the troll.... What an idiot....
    Werent you the one just complaining about name calling?!??
    BAN HAMMER COMETH

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Hell no to Bosh that guy is the softest player ever what a waste of talent.
    Right! I'm not advocating that the Pacers would want Bosh. I'm just responding to the thread title. Roy should be more appealing to Miami than their own Chris Bosh.

Banned

I remember the time you were not able to post, those were the days.......

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    We're saying regardless of how great he's been defensively, his offense is making his contract look bad.
    That's simply your opinion, my friend. You are free to hold this (or any other opinion) and express it in this (or any other forum) but it isn't a fact

No one will trade value for Roy right now. If he doesn't get back to at least last years level offensively he'll end up a bad contract. When you're getting paid the max, you gotta do more than play D.
    That's simply your opinion, as well.

Personally, I think that Roy still holds good value around the league for his D alone. But that's only my opinion as well.

Neither opinions are facts and neither should be phrased as they were facts.

In my opinion, at least
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    I can say this - I know a bunch of Lakers fans who are so fed up with Dwight they'd trade Dwight straight up to Indy for Hibbert. Of course, that's just a fans point of view.
    Dwight Howard will not be a Laker next year. One way, or another.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't remember what this thread was about, I'd better check the title. Oh, that's right. Drama. Back to basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    That's the new PD for you
    What's new about it?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good point. imo a "troll" is someone who derails a thread with something unrelated to the subject.

*statement not directed at the poster.
    just saying this is the definition i have of a troll and it sucks the enjoyment out of the conversation.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 01-11-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Since I have contributed nothing useful to this thread, I will say that I think there is zero chance Roy gets traded. Really, I don't see this team making any moves in season. Maybe if something came up to upgrade the bench that didn't cost us any real assets, but I doubt a deal like that comes along. They are riding this out and rightfully so.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    That's simply your opinion, my friend. You are free to hold this (or any other opinion) and express it in this (or any other forum) but it isn't a fact

That's simply your opinion, as well.

Personally, I think that Roy still holds good value around the league for his D alone. But that's only my opinion as well.

Neither opinions are facts and neither should be phrased as they were facts.

In my opinion, at least
    The name of the thread is... "thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams", and those are my thoughts. I figured that was obvious, but I get your point.

still think im right though
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 01-12-2013 at 01:46 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The name of the thread is... "thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams", and those are my thoughts. I figured that was obvious, but I get your point.
    Fair enough.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

I have to agree we have to try to trade Roy. Everybody is saying although his offense is disgusting, he still means so much on defense for our team. I totally don't agree. That's just trying to comfort yourself not to feel too bad about. Hibbert's inconsistency on defense was clearly exposed in the NY games yesterday where they kept running the same high pick and roll play a million times and even the score. I didn't know why Vogel kept him on the court but it's very clearly vogel was not planning to play him down the stretch so he played him through the end of 3rd and begging of the 4th, but still that stretch let NY back into the game until, fortunately for Pacers, he hurt his back again and had to leave the court. After Mahimi came into the game, that same play never worked again. I wasn't even talking about Mahimi's exceptional performance on the offensive end bc I think it probably won't be regular. I'm only focusing on the defense which so many of you defenders are trying to fool yourself that you can still be content with Roy's defense. Please stop finding excuses. Games could be so easy for us if we can get just a "normal good" center.

Quote Originally Posted by chungyus View Post
    I have to agree we have to try to trade Roy. Everybody is saying although his offense is disgusting, he still means so much on defense for our team. I totally don't agree. That's just trying to comfort yourself not to feel too bad about. Hibbert's inconsistency on defense was clearly exposed in the NY games yesterday where they kept running the same high pick and roll play a million times and even the score. I didn't know why Vogel kept him on the court but it's very clearly vogel was not planning to play him down the stretch so he played him through the end of 3rd and begging of the 4th, but still that stretch let NY back into the game until, fortunately for Pacers, he hurt his back again and had to leave the court. After Mahimi came into the game, that same play never worked again. I wasn't even talking about Mahimi's exceptional performance on the offensive end bc I think it probably won't be regular. I'm only focusing on the defense which so many of you defenders are trying to fool yourself that you can still be content with Roy's defense. Please stop finding excuses. Games could be so easy for us if we can get just a "normal good" center.
    wtf.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Did you think that during the off-season?
    Yes....Ive always thought that...and I think its pretty obvious that hes not a max player...It was absolutely certain the Pacers could not let Hibbert walk for nothing...to do so would have been insane from an asset management standpoint...and Paul Allen- in his attempt to stick it to KP-offered the max knowing full well the Pacers would have to match and thereby overpay...

Which they did...which now gets us a very nice, but very overpaid, center....and thats even if he returns to his offensive production of last year...Roy should be better than he is offensively...and hes not as elite as some would have u believe defensively...hes very good at some things defensively....but he struggles mightily versus the pick and roll...so saying hes elite is just not accurate...in our normal starting lineup Roy would most likely be considered the 4th best player in the lineup behind Granger, George and West...and probably would be considered close to Hill....that guy cant be a max guy...he just cant...if he were making hill money or granger money...ok...but max money? no...its gonna continue to grow to be a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by chungyus View Post
    Think you have a legit point in your observation about Hibbert. Some feel he's improved in that aspect (p - n - r), but no question the Knicks we're targeting him and it worked. Now, that point is somewhat undermined by the hyperbolic tone of the last coupe sentences, but I'm focusing on the positive/worthwhile.

I think Hibbert is a good center (primarily due to his ability to defend the rim/paint, pass, and board decently)but nowhere near a great center. And, I think Mahinmi was the better/more effective player against both Miami and NY. However, I don't necessarily think that will become the norm. Only time will tell, of course. Plus, there is the Mahinmi foul magnet issue that's a major impediment to increasing his minutes anyway.

As to Roy's max contract, I've been ambivalent about it since its inception, but Cinotimz sums up my feelings - we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing. At that point, who would we have gotten to replace him and do at least what he does for us at a similar level?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

29. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Think you have a legit point in your observation about Hibbert. Some feel he's improved in that aspect (p - n - r), but no question the Knicks we're targeting him and it worked. Now, that point is somewhat undermined by the hyperbolic tone of the last coupe sentences, but I'm focusing on the positive/worthwhile.

I think Hibbert is a good center (primarily due to his ability to defend the rim/paint, pass, and board decently)but nowhere near a great center. And, I think Mahinmi was the better/more effective player against both Miami and NY. However, I don't necessarily think that will become the norm. Only time will tell, of course. Plus, there is the Mahinmi foul magnet issue that's a major impediment to increasing his minutes anyway.

As to Roy's max contract, I've been ambivalent about it since its inception, but Cinotimz sums up my feelings - we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing. At that point, who would we have gotten to replace him and do at least what he does for us at a similar level?
    LeBron went at Mihinmi quite a bit. He did not go at Hibbert.

Banned
    Mood

Cool Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Werent you the one just complaining about name calling?!??
    BAN HAMMER COMETH
    Yes, I was and you are right. But when people are allowed to call you names, it is inevitable......