Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 183

Thread: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

  1. #26
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,444

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man everybody so sensitive around here these days.
    Shut it Joe....gahh your posts suck

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Like I've said before, I think Roy needs to be a Dikembe Mutombo type center with a slightly better offensive game. Mutombo averaged 9.8 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.8 bpg for his career. If he can anchor the D and average those numbers then he's worth the money.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,116

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be willing to trade him for Marc Gasol, DeMarcus Cousins, or Javale McGee (he shoots 56%, blocks 2 shots a game, and averages 10 ppg in only 19 minutes). I'm probably in the minority though.

    I like Roy and I love him when he's hitting his shots in the paint but I don't think he's irreplaceable.
    I disagree completely. While he is obviously hurting us on O, it isn't killing us. His D is the most important thing for the team though I think. It makes every one else better.

  6. #29
    Member pacerfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Posts
    230
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I've said before, I think Roy needs to be a Dikembe Mutombo type center with a slightly better offensive game. Mutombo averaged 9.8 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.8 bpg for his career. If he can anchor the D and average those numbers then he's worth the money.
    Well Roy is avg., I think, 9.5ppg, 10.3rpg, and, 2.6bpg so maybe compared to Mutombo his numbers are meeting expectations.

  7. #30
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Roy is averaging 8.3 RPG

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    Member pacerfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Posts
    230
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy is averaging 8.3 RPG
    yeah, you're right, i must've been thinking about Mutombo's avg. thx

  10. #32
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I've said before, I think Roy needs to be a Dikembe Mutombo type center with a slightly better offensive game. Mutombo averaged 9.8 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.8 bpg for his career. If he can anchor the D and average those numbers then he's worth the money.
    Dikembe also shot 52% from the field....which is probably where most of the concern with Roy is coming from this year as he struggles to shoot even 40% which is pretty scary for a center....even more alarming is that a great deal of those shots are point-blank putback attempts that one would normally need to try pretty hard to miss...yet....

    The day will come when the Pacers have to do something with Roy and his contract. Hes definitely a valuable player and person for any team...the problem is hes just not a max type player. And overpaying players is only going to handicap teams that much more as we move into the new luxury tax era. But that day wont come this season. But after this season and definitely after the following season the Pacers will have to listen very carefully to any and all offers for Roy-if there are any...

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,233

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Area 55 disapproves of this thread!!!!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  14. #34

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    I have a feeling Roy is going to return to his old-self on offence soon. He has been able to get to the rim which was my complaint last year. Once those touch shots start falling Roy will be worth the $. His defense has been great, his offence not so great, but Vogel still likes to run the offence through him a lot . I think one or the other has to give. Continue the way things are and wait for Roy to come out of his slump, or let Roy get his the majority of his offensive touches from rebounds and put backs. I would prefer the latter lately.

    This is basically my only complaint about Vogel. But it also may be what makes him such a good coach. Its not like we are the eighth seed trying to stay with the top of the pack. And If Roy brings his FG% up, look out! I'll trust Frank. Hibbert has been getting the ball more often then not 5 feet from the rim or closer. That wasn't the case last year.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to MaHa3000 For This Useful Post:


  16. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you guys have to jump all over someone? I am not down on Roy at all. It is just a question that I was curious about. I will log off now!
    That's the new PD for you, keep posting.

  17. #36
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,007

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not all discussion are created equal. But you are right this is a discussion board, and people are free to discuss topics how they see fit within the allowance of the owners. That means he can discuss the topic by saying your topic is stupid and not worth discussing. As long as the owner allows it his post is just as valid as your post.
    I will respectfully disagree here in one sense. People can disagree, but I don't think calling someone's post stupid is going to accomplish anything about civil dialogue. As to the posters who's reactions the OP was discourage by, if you read his post he says he's not advocating trading Hibbert, just curious as to what his trade value might be and who would be interested.
    Last edited by D-BONE; 01-11-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  19. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man everybody so sensitive around here these days.
    Maybe because if you say boo s*** here, several people will start calling you a troll or a liar.... Some folks just can't stand it when someone disagrees with them about anything....

  20. #38
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone can add to the discussion. Most of us are idiots anyway.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  22. #39
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe because if you say boo s*** here, several people will start calling you a troll or a liar.... Some folks just can't stand it when someone disagrees with them about anything....
    Haha, nah, but for real, you're a massive troll dude.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  24. #40
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,149

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    There are several teams that would love to have Hibbert at the moment. Miami, Portland, Boston are prime examples of such teams.

    We really couldn't manage without him. He is pivotal to our defense.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  26. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    I hope no one, EVER, feels they are mot good enough to post here.

    I come here for great Pacers (and NBA) talk from folks with multiple POV's. Though some higher ups may not like to talk about it, there are cliques here and its easy to get scared away.

    Unless you are a TOTAL idjit or a total troll, please post.

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  28. #42
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,201
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not all discussion are created equal. But you are right this is a discussion board, and people are free to discuss topics how they see fit within the allowance of the owners. That means he can discuss the topic by saying your topic is stupid and not worth discussing. As long as the owner allows it his post is just as valid as your post.
    This is one of the main reasons I (and i'm sure many more) are more just readers of Pacerdigest than frequent posters. I've followed this board since back in 2004 05 and just now started posting more frequently. I didnt even make an account until a couple months ago. The OP had this idea that he would have liked to get other great Pacers fans opinions on ande he gets greeted with "your topic is stupid and not worth discussing" So now i almost bet he is more likely to go back to just reading than participating in these discussions in fear of his opinion being "stupid". I tell you what, if you dont have the same opinion as some of these PDers or you think outside of the box then they sure know how to make you feel like your opinion or ideas are unwelcome here.



    Note: There are only a few members here that act this way from what i have read over the years. Most of the people i have came to know and talk to on here are great and i love having/reading the discussions on this board. Sometimes its just a select few who can ruin a discussion. And i'm all for everyone having thier opinions and i love hearing all the different opinions...thats what makes this board the best. But some people go overboard..."stupid" and "Not worth discussing" C'mon Man!

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


  30. #43
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,149

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol why would anyone else want our max center that's playing like 8 mil under what he's worth? Your acting like the whole league isn't aware that he's struggling badly.
    Because he is only struggling in the one side of the floor. He is elite in the other one.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. #44
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,201
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope no one, EVER, feels they are mot good enough to post here.

    I come here for great Pacers (and NBA) talk from folks with multiple POV's. Though some higher ups may not like to talk about it, there are cliques here and its easy to get scared away.

    Unless you are a TOTAL idjit or a total troll, please post.
    This

  32. #45

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm wondering, (not advocating) if there are teams who would like to have Roy! I like Roy, his d and his pr, however is it possible we trade him before the deadline? I realize he is having an issue with his hand/back spasms, and this question is not really about what we would get in return, but rather, is it wise to go a different direction now? We could manage without him and losing his contract would free us up for this summer. I think Ian M. could do just fine. Thoughts?
    I came back to answer your first question. IMO there are several teams that would like to trade for Roy at the deadline to anchor their defense for the season and jplayoff runs. However, I don't really see the Pacers trading him away and starting ober at this point. IF we can't keep West, and/or Danny is not healthy enough to return to form, we may find ourselves having to trade Roy for parts to reload the team. I'm a fairly new poster myself and understand the reaction you had to some of the posts. Hang in there, questions are almost always good.

  33. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, nah, but for real, you're a massive troll dude.
    I rest my case...... I have observed many times that the people who really are trolls are the ones who constantly call other people trolls and they are the ones who should be banned in my opinion...... So someone disagrees with you. Welcome to the real world......

  34. #47
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,149

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the problem is hes just not a max type player.
    Did you think that during the off-season?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  35. #48

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a lot of people just apparently ignore what Roy does on Defense huh?
    That's not what's happening here. We're saying regardless of how great he's been defensively, his offense is making his contract look bad. No one will trade value for Roy right now. If he doesn't get back to at least last years level offensively he'll end up a bad contract. When you're getting paid the max, you gotta do more than play D.

    People keep trying to compare him to Chandler and Gasol, but I'm not seeing it. Chandler shot 65% the year Dallas won it. They're both clearly better players right now.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  37. #49
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    [1] No one would trade for Roy, [2] and if the Pacers could trade Roy they would not. [3] I would trade Roy in one to two seasons if he does not improve. Of course, such a trade would be difficult. [4] I believe that Roy will improve. Although he may not improve this season, I believe Roy will return to his former form.

  38. #50
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    For those who have found hope in Paul George, remember this: no man is an island. While stars win games, teams win championships. There is a reason LeBron left Cleveland. Among the many reasons, Cleveland was not committed to building a team suitable for LeBron to win a championship. In addition, the same thing could be said about countless other stars. While the Roy deal was controversial, at times holding is as good of a move as folding.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 02:36 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
  4. 5 NBA teams wish list (Hibbert to OKC)
    By BornReady#6 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •