Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 183

Thread: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member pacerfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Posts
    230
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    I'm wondering, (not advocating) if there are teams who would like to have Roy! I like Roy, his d and his pr, however is it possible we trade him before the deadline? I realize he is having an issue with his hand/back spasms, and this question is not really about what we would get in return, but rather, is it wise to go a different direction now? We could manage without him and losing his contract would free us up for this summer. I think Ian M. could do just fine. Thoughts?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacerfreak For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    however is it possible we trade him before the deadline?
    No.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Roy Hibbert is not going anywhere any time soon. For a vast array of reasons.

    It's really not worth discussing.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  7. #4
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy Hibbert is not going anywhere any time soon. For a vast array of reasons.

    It's really not worth discussing.
    Exactly.

    Hey, let's pull the ripcord while we are in the airplane bathroom, see how that goes.



    Settle down on Roy already. His defense is elite, he's been much better on offense in other seasons, and plenty of guys have had dings and issues that slowed them for periods of their career. Smits was constantly going up in down in quality based on scar tissue in his feet, and at times it seemed like it would never get better.

  8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member pacerfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Posts
    230
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.

    Hey, let's pull the ripcord while we are in the airplane bathroom, see how that goes.



    Settle down on Roy already. His defense is elite, he's been much better on offense in other seasons, and plenty of guys have had dings and issues that slowed them for periods of their career. Smits was constantly going up in down in quality based on scar tissue in his feet, and at times it seemed like it would never get better.
    Why do you guys have to jump all over someone? I am not down on Roy at all. It is just a question that I was curious about. I will log off now!

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacerfreak For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you guys have to jump all over someone? I am not down on Roy at all. It is just a question that I was curious about. I will log off now!
    That's the new PD for you, keep posting.

  12. #7
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the new PD for you
    What's new about it?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #8
    Member pacerfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Posts
    230
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy Hibbert is not going anywhere any time soon. For a vast array of reasons.

    It's really not worth discussing.
    I thought this was a discussion board. Thanks for letting me know this is not worth discussing!

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pacerfreak For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,134

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought this was a discussion board. Thanks for letting me know this is not worth discussing!
    Not all discussion are created equal. But you are right this is a discussion board, and people are free to discuss topics how they see fit within the allowance of the owners. That means he can discuss the topic by saying your topic is stupid and not worth discussing. As long as the owner allows it his post is just as valid as your post.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,006

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not all discussion are created equal. But you are right this is a discussion board, and people are free to discuss topics how they see fit within the allowance of the owners. That means he can discuss the topic by saying your topic is stupid and not worth discussing. As long as the owner allows it his post is just as valid as your post.
    I will respectfully disagree here in one sense. People can disagree, but I don't think calling someone's post stupid is going to accomplish anything about civil dialogue. As to the posters who's reactions the OP was discourage by, if you read his post he says he's not advocating trading Hibbert, just curious as to what his trade value might be and who would be interested.
    Last edited by D-BONE; 01-11-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,201
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not all discussion are created equal. But you are right this is a discussion board, and people are free to discuss topics how they see fit within the allowance of the owners. That means he can discuss the topic by saying your topic is stupid and not worth discussing. As long as the owner allows it his post is just as valid as your post.
    This is one of the main reasons I (and i'm sure many more) are more just readers of Pacerdigest than frequent posters. I've followed this board since back in 2004 05 and just now started posting more frequently. I didnt even make an account until a couple months ago. The OP had this idea that he would have liked to get other great Pacers fans opinions on ande he gets greeted with "your topic is stupid and not worth discussing" So now i almost bet he is more likely to go back to just reading than participating in these discussions in fear of his opinion being "stupid". I tell you what, if you dont have the same opinion as some of these PDers or you think outside of the box then they sure know how to make you feel like your opinion or ideas are unwelcome here.



    Note: There are only a few members here that act this way from what i have read over the years. Most of the people i have came to know and talk to on here are great and i love having/reading the discussions on this board. Sometimes its just a select few who can ruin a discussion. And i'm all for everyone having thier opinions and i love hearing all the different opinions...thats what makes this board the best. But some people go overboard..."stupid" and "Not worth discussing" C'mon Man!

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy Hibbert is not going anywhere any time soon. For a vast array of reasons.

    It's really not worth discussing.
    While I agree with your first statement, I'd like to suggest that maybe your second statement could've been worded a bit differently.

    You don't have to participate in the discussion, but I'd like to think that we could encourage those who probably lurk here quite a bit (joined in 2006, but less than 300 posts) to post more.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    His defense in the middle means a lot to us right now. You can see the way he redirects players driving into the lane when he is near the rim, usually altering or blocking a shot the first time and making them think twice if they come back for more. When Danny comes back I don't think Roy will have much of an offensive burden at all so hopefully that helps him to get out of his slump. He means more to us than he would to any other team not named Miami so we will most likely hold onto him.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  24. #14

    Default

    Sure Roy's offense hasn't been as good as last year, but his elite defense has been a huge part of the reason we are where we are in the standings

  25. #15
    Member sam kaiserblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Portland maybe.

    Although it seems like Golden State is the main team we trade with. Toronto second.

  26. #16
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Man everybody so sensitive around here these days.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,428

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man everybody so sensitive around here these days.
    Shut it Joe....gahh your posts suck

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man everybody so sensitive around here these days.
    Maybe because if you say boo s*** here, several people will start calling you a troll or a liar.... Some folks just can't stand it when someone disagrees with them about anything....

  31. #19
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe because if you say boo s*** here, several people will start calling you a troll or a liar.... Some folks just can't stand it when someone disagrees with them about anything....
    Haha, nah, but for real, you're a massive troll dude.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, nah, but for real, you're a massive troll dude.
    I rest my case...... I have observed many times that the people who really are trolls are the ones who constantly call other people trolls and they are the ones who should be banned in my opinion...... So someone disagrees with you. Welcome to the real world......

  34. #21
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rest my case...... I have observed many times that the people who really are trolls are the ones who constantly call other people trolls and they are the ones who should be banned in my opinion...... So someone disagrees with you. Welcome to the real world......
    I disagree with vnzla violently on just about everything. I don't recall ever calling him a troll. But since you rested your case, I guess that means I lost. ****.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  36. #22
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,313
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Lol why would anyone else want our max center that's playing like 8 mil under what he's worth? Your acting like the whole league isn't aware that he's struggling badly.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,142

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol why would anyone else want our max center that's playing like 8 mil under what he's worth? Your acting like the whole league isn't aware that he's struggling badly.
    Because he is only struggling in the one side of the floor. He is elite in the other one.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  39. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    So a lot of people just apparently ignore what Roy does on Defense huh?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  41. #25
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Thoughts on the appeal of Roy Hibbert to other teams?

    Hibbert will not be traded any time soon.
    He's our defensive anchor and basically the guy in the paint that makes opposing players think twice before they drive in for a dunk/layup. If he's out excpect our defense to suffer.

    There's one more reason: He isn't justifying his contract so his trade value isn't high, and there's no reason to trade someone if you get bad return. A max $$ guy who plays 28 mpg and scores 9 ppg on 40% FG isn't a real max guy, even if he's DPOY.

    So, if you add these two things up, then here's your answer to why he won't be traded
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 02:36 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
  4. 5 NBA teams wish list (Hibbert to OKC)
    By BornReady#6 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •