Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd thoughts: Slaying the Knicks in honor of Reggie Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd thoughts: Slaying the Knicks in honor of Reggie Miller

These are the types of games that if you weren’t there you can’t understand. I don’t say that as a snob or trying to make light of those of you that couldn’t get to the fieldhouse because of jobs, live elsewhere or any other legit reason. But there was electricity in the air from the moment I walked through the entrance till the time I left out the tunnel.

It’s almost impossible to put into words how into it this crowd was. Between Reggie being in the house & it being the Knicks the place was ready to erupt all night long.

Can we all put a wooden stake in the heart of the idea that the people of central Indiana won’t support the Pacers? I don’t know where we stand for the season but I’m telling you give the fans good teams to watch with marquee matchups and we can pack the fieldhouse like any arena in the NBA.

This is like the 3rd or 4th great crowd in a row. Now I don’t know how many discount tickets are being given out so I guess I need to hold off on that part but overall I think it’s safe to say that the entire “we hate the Pacers” attitude that did legitimately exist for about 3 or 4 seasons is dead and gone.

There were some Knicks fans in attendance but you know what, for the most part, they never bother me. Unlike scumbag Bulls fans or the jock sniffing front runner fans (you know the ones that show up one week wearing LeBron then next game with Durrant and then Bryant, etc.) Knicks fans are usually both loyal to their club and generally understand the game.

I can respect Knicks fans; I have no use for front runner fans & pretty much despise Bulls fans.

But this isn’t about them this is about Pacer fans and our love for our hero’s of the arena.

This was a game that probably only Uncle Buck & I would like. This was an old school grind it out war in the paint where offense was hard to come by and the team that fought the hardest was going to win. And fight our Pacers did, they fought on the perimeter and they fought on the interior often times against much larger and certainly more experienced opponents.

To score on the Indiana Pacers you absolutely have to hit any mid range shot you get that is even close to open, if you don’t you then are going to be relegated to shooting three point shots or if you have a creative point guard who can score you might be able to get something going via dribble penetration but it won’t be easy.

Frank has that system so locked in place and the players know where to be on every single play that we give you about 2 open shots to work with and if you can’t hit them you better pray for long rebounds because our guys are going to get them if you don’t.

Yes they were missing Mello, so what. You play who you play and it’s not our fault that Anthony couldn’t not resist the urge to chase down Garnett after the game. That’s on him and frankly he hurt his team by not letting that go.

But do I think he would have made a difference? Sure he would, he is a monster of a scorer. Raymond Felton would have helped them as well and for that matter Iman Shumpart would probably be helpful as well. But then again so would a healthy Danny Granger helped us, a non-sick George Hill (*kudos to him for playing with Bronchitis) and a not back spasm Roy Hibbert.

Why did the Knicks lose? Yes Paul George, yes great defense. But they lost because our backups stepped up and filled their roles and theirs did not. Ian Mahinmi came in and pretty much decimated the Knicks in the 4th quarter and Jeff Pendegraph hit them like the German blitzkrieg over Poland. In other words they weren’t expecting it, weren’t ready for it and could do nothing to stop it.

Sure J.R. Smith had stats but frankly he probably shot them out of the game at the end as well. As soon as the refs. stopped falling for his running into our big men and flopping to the ground to draw a foul he was pretty much screwed and resorted to horrific jump shot after horrific jump shot.

Also while I’m here let me make this statement. Steve Novak needs to get down every day and thank God that the three point line exists because if it weren’t for that he would be doing what he is really qualified to do and that is clean truck stop toilets. Never have I seen 24 more useless min. played in a game.

Anyway I have this game taped so I will go watch it and listen to what they have to say about our team & I’m sure Paul George. I have a feeling that as a Pacers fan I will be thrilled but as one of the few remaining Danny Granger fans I will probably be sad.

Let’s just do grades again tonight.

Paul George: A+

God of the fieldhouse. Two way player the likes of which we haven’t seen, probably ever. I’m telling you once he starts getting fouls calls going his way he is going to be breathing some rare air company wise. I’m not going to go over board yet but to say that he won’t be in that top tier level of players would not be accurate. I love Danny Granger & I still absolutely believe they can work together but I’ll just go ahead and say that Paul & more importantly Frank should not change the focus of the offense when Danny comes back. Paul is legit. No his trade value will probably never be any higher not because he won’t improve but because right now I honestly think you could demand Dwight Howard for him. Maybe not straight up but I bet you could make a package deal and the Lakers wouldn’t even flinch. Here is the stunner, I would. In other words I don’t make that trade now. That is how good I think Paul can ultimately be.

David West: B

Old thick power forwards from N.Y. were giving him fits tonight. Couldn’t get to the spots on the floor he wanted and once again was struggling from the field. However tonight he stepped it up on the defensive end and was eating lots and lots of space on the floor & had a couple of blocks and at least 2 other deflections. We aren’t going to win a lot of games with him not hitting double figures but that just tells you how strong our team is. He’s generally our best scorer and we still won the game with him only getting 6.

Roy Hibbert: Incomplete

I’ll give Roy the benefit of the doubt like I did Hill the other night. Dude was legitimately in pain and we could see him trying to loosen up to get on the floor. Still having trouble scoring and his back limited his mobility tonight but if nothing else you have to give him full credit for going out of the game on one hell of a block. In fact that and the previous steal score from Paul George turned this game around and sealed the win for us.

Lance Stephenson: A-

People may not realize this but he was our second leading rebounder tonight (Paul being # 1) and several of his rebounds were not of the pick the ball up off the floor variety. He was in there battling with the trees and in one sequence ripped the ball out of Tyson Chandler’s hands. I really love the way that he plays within the confines of the game because that tells me how far he has progressed since he has come into the league. Sure there is still some Rucker Park in there but it only appears after he has done 2 or 3 great things during a game. Also was second on the club in assists (again Paul was # 1) and shot 50% from the field including a 3 pointer. That 2010 draft is really paying dividends to the Pacers franchise.

George Hill: Incomplete

Still sick. Get’s a very solid A for effort though as not everybody would try and play through that. He did a good job of controlling the ball and still defended at a high level but definitely you could tell his shooting and in particular his penetrating were off.

Ian Mahinmi: A+

Somebody kept tweeting me during the game about how good Kurt Thomas was looking & how good Camby was looking (the tweeters name is very similar to a South American country) but amazingly ceased tweeting me by the end of the game. Of course my damned phone didn’t work in the fieldhouse (poor reception) so I could never reply. So I will take this time to ask, hey how’d you like Mahinmi now? As I said before I don’t really like Green or Augustine but I’ve known since the pre-season that Ian was a great pick up for us and well frankly you have to say that he probably at the very least secured this win for us. His defense of the pick and roll tonight was actually better than Roy’s because of Roy’s back. But in general I think he does as well as Roy does on most nights in the P n R anyway.

Jeff Pendegraph: A+

Yes Jeff Pendegraph. I know I was as stunned when he came in as you were but he not only didn’t hurt the club he actually contributed to the success on the floor. Yes the grade is way too high for what he really did but remember I base my grades also on expectations and Jeff just came in and knocked it out of the park. He didn’t grab many boards but I’m telling you he jarred a lot of bodies.

Tyler Hansbrough: B-

Tyler set a screen on Steve Novak so hard that it knocked him from white to translucent. Of course this made me smile as I think Novak is the world’s biggest albino turd. Anyway take away another horrific shooting night, good God 1-8, and you will find that he spent his night as an agent of chaos causing the Knicks to scramble, dive and attempt to fight for everything when he was on the floor. He made Stoudemire look like he was 6’4” and 130 when they were both going after the ball in the second quarter, in fact I figure he would pull up lame and hobble off to the bench to avoid the embarrassment of being worked over by Tyler. Not great number from him but I’m telling you he certainly had an impact on the game.

Gerald Green: B-

My God this guy loves the three point line. Thankfully he did actually hit a very big three off of that Roy block but up until then he had missed them all. He is what he is and I’ve just had to come to grips with it. Some nights he’s going to look good other nights not so much. I think getting Danny back will help him some because he can then play with another shooter so he won’t be given the green light to chuck up shots all of the time. Oh well I’m making it sound like he sucked tonight and he didn’t. He helped out on the boards and while I don’t think he blocked a shot I am pretty sure he altered an attempt by Copeland.

D.J. Augustine: C

Didn’t help, didn’t hurt. In fact it was kind of like he wasn’t there. But he didn’t hurt so that is a big bonus.

Frank Vogel: A+

I normally don’t grade Frank but that defense was so tight that I have to give him some love here. The only thing I think he is going to need to think about is dressing McGuire over Plumlee. If Roy is having back spasms I think having Miles available is a good idea.

I once again can’t tell you how great the fieldhouse was tonight. I mean playoff feel and everything. It was great to see Reggie Miller in the house I just wish we could have done something to recognize him for his hall of fame induction. I know they showed the video and all and I also understand he was there as a professional commentator so it would not be appropriate. But maybe he can come home for a game where we can do this properly for him some day.

Also I will give Knicks fans one small credit. Yea I would probably be pissed off as well if I were them and Haywood Workman was assigned to work a game in which the giant intro screen shot clearly has video of him bowing to Reggie in his Pacers uniform vs. the Knicks. I think its great myself but I could see where that might upset them.

Ok now enough of this self control, from here below I will be speaking in Pirate hyperbole and I’m not ashamed to do it.

Dear NBA and NBA bandwagon fans.

Up yours. We be th' Pacers an' we care nay fer yer pathetic superstars who jump from one team t' another chasin' titles wi' the'r shipmates as tho they be chasin' lasses o' loose morals.

Our team be built, nay bought.

Nobody demanded t' come here t' Indiana but once they be here nobody wants t' leave. This be a family an' like any family we be havin' had our struggles, but our time be now. Nay longer will we allow ye t' push us around nay longer will ye come in an intimidate us wi' yer athletic firepower. We be havin' fire power o' our own an' more than enough athletes t' compensate.

We be havin' th' best young coach in th' entire world (that’s starboard I spake 't) an' we probably be havin' th' best overall staff o' coach’s in th' game.

We fear nobody.
    Ok enough Pirate talk.

People when you are rolling like this and another team was standing on the tracks there can only be Aerosmith to tell us about it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd thoughts: Slaying the Knicks in honor of Reggie Miller

**** I wasn't sure if you were doing an odd thoughts tonight. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder in anyway. I just wanted to follow up to my rant when I said I didn't think the Pacers had the talent to win it all this year....

Comment

Originally posted by mattie View Post
      **** I wasn't sure if you were doing an odd thoughts tonight. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder in anyway. I just wanted to follow up to my rant when I said I didn't think the Pacers had the talent to win it all this year....
      Never EVER hold off on a post on my account. We are a group and each of us is as valuable as the next, what you bring to the table when your sober is very valuable and when you are not sober its at least entertaining

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

Also while I’m here let me make this statement. Steve Novak needs to get down every day and thank God that the three point line exists because if it weren’t for that he would be doing what he is really qualified to do and that is clean truck stop toilets.
        I'm not sure how you can say that when the face of the Pacers for a long time was one of the best 3 point shooters ever.
        @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

Originally posted by vnzla81 View Post
          I'm not sure how you can say that when the face of the Pacers for a long time was one of the best 3 point shooters ever.
          but Reggie was able to do more than just hit 3s. He carried the team for years. There is a reason Reggie is in the HOF and Steve Novak is a career bench player. All Novak does well is catch and shoot from 3.

Comment

Reggie was a scorer plain and simple and he didn't need the three point line at all. He had a career TS% of 60% which is absolutely absurd. Just compare Reggie's scoring efficiency to every great scorer ever. You'll be shocked. There was a reason the team led by the lanker shooter went to the playoffs every year. He was better than even most Indiana fans realize.

Comment

Somebody kept tweeting me during the game about how good Kurt Thomas was looking & how good Camby was looking (the tweeters name is very similar to a South American country) but amazingly ceased tweeting me by the end of the game. Of course my damned phone didn’t work in the fieldhouse (poor reception) so I could never reply. So I will take this time to ask, hey how’d you like Mahinmi now? As I said before I don’t really like Green or Augustine but I’ve known since the pre-season that Ian was a great pick up for us and well frankly you have to say that he probably at the very least secured this win for us. His defense of the pick and roll tonight was actually better than Roy’s because of Roy’s back. But in general I think he does as well as Roy does on most nights in the P n R anyway.
              I stopped twitting because I wasn't sure if you were ignoring me, I admitted on the post game thread that Ian did good, yes Mahinmi had a good second half but I'm not going to go crazy about it.
              @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

Originally posted by ilive4sports View Post
                but Reggie was able to do more than just hit 3s. He carried the team for years. There is a reason Reggie is in the HOF and Steve Novak is a career bench player. All Novak does well is catch and shoot from 3.
                So what? we desperately need a guy like him on the team, somebody that can hit big shots and open the floor, the Pacers believe that Green is that guy and let him shoot 3's like he is Steve Novak but he is not.

A lot of players have made a career in just shooting 3's I don't get the hate.

Comment

So what? we desperately need a guy like him on the team, somebody that can hit big shots and open the floor, the Pacers believe that Green is that guy and let him shoot 3's like he is Steve Novak but he is not.

Yeah not sure what the problem is. Dude mastered his craft and became the best three point shooter in the game. What is there to possibly hate?

Comment

Aside from PG's awesomeness, I think the bench are really getting better and better each game and deserve really huge props. All of them were having very nice moments and just provide huge contributions when their counterpart starters are resting.

Comment

West has looked rough late. When do we start worrying about this?

Comment

Originally posted by rexnom View Post
                        I think he needs rest. He's beat up. He's just tired. He had to take on a scoring load at the beginning of the season that he had no business doing at this stage in his career. I Think he's fine. Just got to let him sit a little. Once Granger is back I think it will really allow him to rejuvinate for the playoffs while Granger and George get reacquainted on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by rexnom View Post
                          I'm a bit worried, nothing serious, but a bit. Sadly Roy's completely unreliable this year as we all know, we really need West as an interior threat. He's under 30% over the last 5. But I mean, it's only 5 games.

Comment

Are you really comparing HOF/Gold Medal winner/All-Star Reggie Miller to Steve Novak?

Hold on for a min. I know you are just pulling our legs here. That's right you hated Troy Murphy as much as I did, you hated Jim O'Brien as much as I did. You detested the stretch four as much as I did.

Good one, you had me going there for a min. because I almost forgot you complained about Satan and his court as much if not more than I did.

Comment

I agree that we need a 3pt specialist but let's not start comparing Green with Novak now.

Novak is a 6'10 guy that averages 1.3 RPG in his career. He is also only averaging 0.3 APG, 0.2 SPG and 0.1 BPG. He literally cannot do anything else than hitting 3s. But he's good at hitting 3s. He has a 43.8 3p% for his career and that's great. But he cannot create his own shot. He needs a good shot creator in order to be able to make his 3s.

Green is a significantly worse 3pt shooter (35.7% for his career) but he's better at everything else. He is averaging 4.6 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.9 SPG and 0.6 BPG.

Those numbers also do not tell how bad of a defender Steve Novak is.

I like Novak as a player and I certainly agree that we need a 3pt shooter but I prefer Gerald Green over him.

We certainly need a 3pt specialist but he has to be able to do more than hit open 3s.
                              Originally posted by IrishPacer
                              Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X