Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 201

Thread: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm leaning towards some lingering injury. He's missing shots that he was hitting all year long. Add in that he doesn't have to shoulder the offense as much lately with PG24 catching fire....something else has to be going on.
    Old age is what is going on that happens to everybody.

  2. #152
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least they allowed some physicality from us on everybody but JR of course. But for anybody wondering why he was going 1 on 5 the whole time... anytime they tried actual offense we just pushed the ball out well past the 3 point line and they ended up with a TO or a heavily contested shot. At least w/ JR's 1 man show they weren't turning the ball over.
    I disagree on that last part. Look at most of the final possessions in the 4th when they finally got off that 62 they were stuck on. Kick out to Kidd for a 3, lots of high PnR action with Chandler or some Amare. Earlier they had a couple of great PnR with Prigioni to Chandler.

    In fact they only scored 4 points in the first NINE minutes of the 4th - PnR Prigioni to Chandler to start the 4th, and then finally they took the ball away from Smith and went to an Amare/Kidd PnR (oh, they are on the team, who knew?) to get to 64. In that same 9 minutes you had 6 JR Smith misses and he lost the ball to Paul. Most of the other shots taken in this time frame came off of JR action prior to that point.

    The Knicks were far more efficient working through Chandler and Camby with Kidd or Prigioni running point. JR got driven back many times to the point he should have passed and he just flat out refused to do it. Even some of his makes had huge degrees of difficulty which actually helped the Pacers because it got into his head that he was "the man". His hot burst mid-3rd really did it. You could see that click where he just decided he would dribble and shoot everything he could touch.

    It was like Ricky Davis was back.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  4. #153
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    To clarify on ROY HIBBERT'S INJURY

    Back spasms sent him to the locker room. In the mid-3rd he came walking back out and immediately got put into the game. 2 minutes into the 4th he makes a monster block of Chandler coming free off a PnR and the momentum of Chandler/the play sends him hard to the floor.

    Roy immediately goes into agony, very noticeable while still in the floor. You know it's the back locking up again for sure. He goes back toward the locker room I think but soon after I see him right next to us on the tunnel bike. He would come off the bike at timeouts but then got back on during all game play, and that's how the game finished.

    I'm sure he was still hurting but it seemed like the bike took the edge off so hopefully it's not much of a permanent thing. He wasn't wincing when he walked around at timeouts, and after the Chandler block he was doing a lot more than just wincing.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  6. #154
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ian Mahinmi is trending across the US!
    Yes, but what about BLUE ROBE?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  8. #155
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    It's also important to note that our bench put up 32 points. Honestly, they played good out there. We started the game a bit flat and Tyler along with Pendergraph gave us the energy we needed. And Ian was just crucial in the 4th filling in for Roy.

    Only DJ had a bad game. It isn't that he was negative or anything. He was just a non-factor. No shot attempts, no assists, no turnover. He only logged in 1 board in 13 minutes. That costed a bit to my fantasy team

    But given his last few games, I'm going to forgive him
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  10. #156
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Old age is what is going on that happens to everybody.
    Age is a possibility.....but I am more inclined to believe that he either has some unannounced lingering injury that is affecting his shot and/or that he's getting tired ( which could be attributed to his age ) before believing that his age ( all of a sudden ) caught up with him roughly 3 weeks ago.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #157
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,942

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mahimni is better than Hibbert
    Not ready to go there yet, but if Hibs doesn't elevate his game some and Mahinmi keeps going at his pace of the last few games, it will be a legitimate debate.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  13. #158
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,942

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Speaking of Mahinmi, we know guy's athleticism for his size is off the charts. I noticed in Miami game a sequence on transition D.

    He began sprinting back from our FT line and ended up being our first guy back. Starting at half court line, he picked up one of their pgs with the ball and covered him effectively all the way to the rim, forcing him to give up the ball.

    I was pretty floored to see this. He didn't just get back to defend the basket and wait for the ball handler to come to him. He literally checked the guy all the way from half court. Impressive stuff for a 6-11 guy.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  15. #159
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    352

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not ready to go there yet, but if Hibs doesn't elevate his game some and Mahinmi keeps going at his pace of the last few games, it will be a legitimate debate.
    Psshhhh people that say this obviously haven't embraced the new identity of the Pacers. We are who we are in a very LARGE part because of Roy Hibbert. A huge part of our defense success is because we are funneling things to the baseline where Roy is consistently there to meet them. Roy has grown his game, he has grown it immensely just not in scoring points which way too many people only value thus want to call him a bad player this season. That is a very inaccurate statement sure his offensive struggles are frustrating simply because we are seeing him miss so many shots this season that he made last season, but I think a lot of that has to do with his wrist problems, I mean he was 50 percent on his hook shot last year and we all know that was a great weapon for him, this season he is in the low 30%s with his hook shot......So assuming his wrist can get healthy in the off-season (I am assuming this off no knowledge if it will the wrist problem may plague him for his career I have no idea) his offensive production should at the minimum return to last season form.....But just think back to Roy as a defender even last season, Roy has grown amazingly on D, in that Miami series they purposely sought out Roy on every pick and roll and just abused us on it, this season he has gotten a lot better defending that as well as players that rim run him off those SnRs he simply has been an amazing rim protector this year. Roy got better at contesting shots last season with out fouling but this year he has grown in that department even more. Roy Hibbert is 4th in the NBA in wins added on defense (Paul George is 1st).....Roy is worth the money we payed him if he continues to play the D he has for same reason Chandler was worth the money he got payed as a Mav he brought them a championship while bringing very little O so again Roy is a beast and please don't say he deserves to get demoted that is BS.
    Last edited by VideoVandal; 01-11-2013 at 07:21 AM.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:


  17. #160
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote from the post-game locker room:

    Question to Paul George: "Were you a good defender in college?"

    “Honestly, I wasn’t," George answered. "Not in high school. Not in college. I was good at playing the passing lanes, but I wasn’t a great on-ball defender. That’s something I credit JOB for. That was the only way I could get on the floor was to defend, and that’s stuck with me.”

    Separately, I asked Vogel Tuesday about his plans on Danny's return. He said that they'd play it by ear at first, but the plan was for Danny to start relatively soon, and certainly be part of the finishing unit immediately. He loves that pairing, and consistently refers to that line up (GH-PG-DG-DW-RH) as "dominant." He also has spoken repeatedly over the year about how much he loves Danny and PG at the wings. Loves the size it gives them, and he believes that's been one of the missing pieces in why they are forcing fewer turnovers (deflections).

    I asked him about Lance moving to the bench. He said the plan was to play him with Augustin & Green, and that they would probably run more plays for him. Vogel thinks that Lance's numbers could go up in that role, but also likes him paired with the shooting of DJ & Gerald. Role may be similar to Danny's last year or Paul's this year, which technically is 3-ish, but really is just Wing 1/Wing 2 in his world. (Main difference offensively between the two is PnR partners - Vogel doesn't like 3-4 PnRs, because he thinks D's are more comfortable switching that - and side of the floor the positions play from.

    Whether that's "freeing" Lance or not, I couldn't tell you. It is more freedom than I expected based on Vogel's comments to me on the subject over the course of the season. However, those comments were in point-guard specific context, which Vogel has pretty clearly expressed why he thinks Lance is not a point guard. I overextended the concerns Vogel had about Lance running the team - which are significant - and extrapolated that to not giving Lance a bigger role in any aspect. That appears incorrect.

    On another subject, says that he's been giving the ball to Lance late in PnR situations for two reasons: (1) teams will put bigger players on George Hill, and (2) he wants to get West in the play, which means either 1-4 or 2-4 PnR. Says it's a specific play, with the priority to get West the ball, but Lance has read options. Same play would be called for PG, if Danny were on the floor.

    More George from tonight - it sounds like the team may be gravitating towards keeping the ball in his hands even with Danny back. PG joked that if he's got Danny on the weakside, he (Paul) knows his assists will go up.
    Excellent inside info. Thanks for the comments.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  19. #161
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did, but Frank is essentially running the same defense Jim did. Frank was Jim's protege after all, there are a lot of similarities, he is just so much better at encouraging the players, and of course the big emphasis on demanding tough play.
    JOB talked defense but his heart was not in it like it is for Frank. JOB's eyes gleamed and his heart showed when we played a high scoring game. Frank's eyes gleam when we lock down the opponent. Players can see through the talk and discern what coaches really believe.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  21. #162
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did, but Frank is essentially running the same defense Jim did. Frank was Jim's protege after all, there are a lot of similarities, he is just so much better at encouraging the players, and of course the big emphasis on demanding tough play.
    These offenses are not even remotely the same. Everything O'Brien did was out-in, but mostly just out-out. He wanted 5 three-point shooters on the floor at a time. Do you remember his pet lineup starring Troy Murphy at the 5 and Danny Granger at the 4? Awful.
    Last edited by Anthem; 01-11-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  23. #163
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG also got hit hard on 3 or 4 of his drives to the hoop. And to boot for most of the second half he just stood in the corner on offense. He looked exhausted, but then he went down to the other side of the court and acted like there was nothing going on. Mahinmi got blatantly pushed and was called for a foul. Had Lance hit a chair with his head JR would have been kicked out of the game in the first half.
    On Amare's first drive at Tyler, I was kinda surprised that none of the commentators pointed out that he had an entire handful of Tyler's jersey, and that Tyler looking down at it was what gave Amare the split-second he needed to make his move.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  25. #164
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HOW ARE WE GOING TO PAY ALL THESE PLAYERS????

    Apparently people need to look up Mr. Simon's financial standing.
    We won't be able to. Ok just had to trade Harden cause they couldn't pay him, and their other 2 stars.

  26. #165
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a little late at the party. Great win by the Pacers!

    PG is not a beast...HE'S THE BEAST!!!
    66% eFG and 6 steals. Awesome game.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  27. #166
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Age is a possibility.....but I am more inclined to believe that he either has some unannounced lingering injury that is affecting his shot and/or that he's getting tired ( which could be attributed to his age ) before believing that his age ( all of a sudden ) caught up with him roughly 3 weeks ago.
    Guys, we need to factor in that David West is a huge gamer. We've won nearly all these games where he's been slumping. The guy knows psychologically he can be off when PG and Lance and others are taking off. When it comes time that we need him to win, he will be right there.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  29. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About as mad as I was when we took BRush over Ibaka

    Also BRush cost us Kawahi Leonard. Cause we could have drafted Ghill and never had to give up our pick for him. But that would have been a stretch I guess. Not too mention butterfly effect and all.
    I don't think George Hill is quite the player he is today if he didn't spend a few years in San Antonio with Pop.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:


  31. #168
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,942

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Psshhhh people that say this obviously haven't embraced the new identity of the Pacers. We are who we are in a very LARGE part because of Roy Hibbert. A huge part of our defense success is because we are funneling things to the baseline where Roy is consistently there to meet them. Roy has grown his game, he has grown it immensely just not in scoring points which way too many people only value thus want to call him a bad player this season. That is a very inaccurate statement sure his offensive struggles are frustrating simply because we are seeing him miss so many shots this season that he made last season, but I think a lot of that has to do with his wrist problems, I mean he was 50 percent on his hook shot last year and we all know that was a great weapon for him, this season he is in the low 30%s with his hook shot......So assuming his wrist can get healthy in the off-season (I am assuming this off no knowledge if it will the wrist problem may plague him for his career I have no idea) his offensive production should at the minimum return to last season form.....But just think back to Roy as a defender even last season, Roy has grown amazingly on D, in that Miami series they purposely sought out Roy on every pick and roll and just abused us on it, this season he has gotten a lot better defending that as well as players that rim run him off those SnRs he simply has been an amazing rim protector this year. Roy got better at contesting shots last season with out fouling but this year he has grown in that department even more. Roy Hibbert is 4th in the NBA in wins added on defense (Paul George is 1st).....Roy is worth the money we payed him if he continues to play the D he has for same reason Chandler was worth the money he got payed as a Mav he brought them a championship while bringing very little O so again Roy is a beast and please don't say he deserves to get demoted that is BS.
    Your argument is valid. Too bad you must couch it in such self righteous and disrespectful ways, such as "psshhhh" and expressing disagreement with other viewpoints by calling them "BS". Particularly when, if you read the post closely, you'll the point was that if Mahinmi continued his current level of play, MAYBE the OP's original assertion could be DEBATEABLE.

    If you look you'll find me on here multiple times saying Hibbert's top priority for this team is defense and rebounding, not offensive production. I doubt the Hibbert - Mahinmi starting debate comes to fruition because I will be surprised if Mahinmi can play at his recent level consistently over time.

    However, I do think Mahinmi has arguably outplayed Hibbert in terms of all - around performance over the last several games. This includes a very solid, physical contribution defensively and on the glass. And, I'm not convinced that Mahinmi, due to his superior speed/athleticism, wouldn't have been a better matchup v. Miami against the more mobile Bosh. Fortunately, he cooled off as the game progressed, but it was painfully obvious Hibbert was mismatched as Bosh nailed wide open mid - range J after wide open mid - range J.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  33. #169
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When the officials start giving Paul a little respect he's gonna be a monster. 2 fta is laughable.
    It really looked like it was upsetting Paul through the game also. Every time he drove to the basket, he afterwards looked at the refs in disbelief that he wasn't getting a call..

  34. #170
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George is leading the NBA in defensive win shares...
    You mention George, but failed to tell the far more important story.
    1. George
    4. Hibbert
    6. West
    16. Hill
    35. Stephenson
    60. Mahinmi

    Four players, the four primary starters, all in the top 20. And two primary bench players (once Granger returns) ranked very high as well.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  36. #171
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/sta...01589415661568

    ‏@ByNateTaylor
    Quick updates: JR Smith was limping, Tyson Chandler has neck pain & Marcus Camby was in a walking boot on crutches.

    Good. Very good. Heck, I would say I'm sorry about that comment, but come on, they are the Knicks for Pete sakes. If nothing else, maybe this will help us get some separation from them in the standings.

  37. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is outstanding. I was wondering tonight after the game what old Obie thinks...
    Wow. That took me by surprise. Because thinking anything about Satan, especially wondering what he might be thinking is the last thing, the very last thing, that would ever cross my mind.
    /end green. Sorry, couldn't resist it.

  38. #173

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good win, awesome D, PG in beast mode as usual. Ian played some great ball while Roy was hurt and to close the game.

    I am really worried about Roy. I have been saying it all season, but he looks heavy to me, last year he was much slimmer and I think it's hurting his game.. and his back this year. We gotta have him healthy for the playoffs.
    I don't think he looks heavy although you may be right. I do think he looks weak in the lower body. He gets pushed around so easily. His jumping looks so weak also.

  39. #174
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote from the post-game locker room:

    Question to Paul George: "Were you a good defender in college?"

    “Honestly, I wasn’t," George answered. "Not in high school. Not in college. I was good at playing the passing lanes, but I wasn’t a great on-ball defender. That’s something I credit JOB for. That was the only way I could get on the floor was to defend, and that’s stuck with me.”

    Wait, What? No, what? No way, let me read that again. Really? What?

  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  41. #175

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mahimni is better than Hibbert
    Well, it's starting to look that way. Frank may have to adjust to each game's needs. If we struggle scoring, Ian needs to play. If we need the rim protected, it's Roy.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread
    By boombaby1987 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
  2. Pacers/Knicks postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 11:44 AM
  3. Pacers/Knicks postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
  4. Pacers/Knicks Postgame
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 12:30 AM
  5. Pacers vs Knicks Postgame
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •