Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 201

Thread: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

  1. #176

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but Paul George should be getting credit for that, not JR Smith. Paul suffocated JR, putting him in positions where he had to shoot because the clock was running down.


    That was a defensive clinic from Paul George, from closeouts to passing lanes to one on one. That was DPOY worthy.

    I won't disagree, but at the same time JR is a CHUCKER whether he's hitting, missing, or whoever is guarding him. He's never seen a shot he didn't like.

  2. #177
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Good win... I wish we had beaten a Knicks team with Carmelo in the line-up though. Methinks the outcome might have looked differently and probably would have changed some people's minds.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  3. #178

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Psshhhh people that say this obviously haven't embraced the new identity of the Pacers. We are who we are in a very LARGE part because of Roy Hibbert. A huge part of our defense success is because we are funneling things to the baseline where Roy is consistently there to meet them. Roy has grown his game, he has grown it immensely just not in scoring points which way too many people only value thus want to call him a bad player this season. That is a very inaccurate statement sure his offensive struggles are frustrating simply because we are seeing him miss so many shots this season that he made last season, but I think a lot of that has to do with his wrist problems, I mean he was 50 percent on his hook shot last year and we all know that was a great weapon for him, this season he is in the low 30%s with his hook shot......So assuming his wrist can get healthy in the off-season (I am assuming this off no knowledge if it will the wrist problem may plague him for his career I have no idea) his offensive production should at the minimum return to last season form.....But just think back to Roy as a defender even last season, Roy has grown amazingly on D, in that Miami series they purposely sought out Roy on every pick and roll and just abused us on it, this season he has gotten a lot better defending that as well as players that rim run him off those SnRs he simply has been an amazing rim protector this year. Roy got better at contesting shots last season with out fouling but this year he has grown in that department even more. Roy Hibbert is 4th in the NBA in wins added on defense (Paul George is 1st).....Roy is worth the money we payed him if he continues to play the D he has for same reason Chandler was worth the money he got payed as a Mav he brought them a championship while bringing very little O so again Roy is a beast and please don't say he deserves to get demoted that is BS.
    Roy's defense is outstanding. He has perfected the art of verticality (sp?). However, he deserves no slack for his offensive failings. He misses pt blank layups. Two inch put backs that he should be dunking. He misses left hand hooks from 3' (his left wrist isn't hurt). His right wrist looks fine on those 17' set shots. He just doesn't have very quick feet and he doesn't seem to have a feel for what to do when his back is to the basket. The concern here is, he probably works on this in practice daily and it just doesn't translate to game success. We can only cross our fingers and hope that he gets it figured out.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  5. #179

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On Amare's first drive at Tyler, I was kinda surprised that none of the commentators pointed out that he had an entire handful of Tyler's jersey, and that Tyler looking down at it was what gave Amare the split-second he needed to make his move.
    Horrible job by those officials last night. JR PUNK, er, I mean Smith, just threw Lance OB with no call. Amare had a hand full of Tyler's jersey on a post up. Obvious foul. Amare slung DWest OB after a foul. You don't call those punk moves and that is what causes a fight to break out.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  7. #180

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's also important to note that our bench put up 32 points. Honestly, they played good out there. We started the game a bit flat and Tyler along with Pendergraph gave us the energy we needed. And Ian was just crucial in the 4th filling in for Roy.

    Only DJ had a bad game. It isn't that he was negative or anything. He was just a non-factor. No shot attempts, no assists, no turnover. He only logged in 1 board in 13 minutes. That costed a bit to my fantasy team

    But given his last few games, I'm going to forgive him

    Shame on you for not mentioning Green's 2 baskets from mid-range in the flow of the game. This is what Green needs to learn to do more of. He's got the capability of being more than just being dunker and a 3 pt shooter. If he develops this shot as part of his game, 3.5 mil for him will look like a steal.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  9. #181

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On Amare's first drive at Tyler, I was kinda surprised that none of the commentators pointed out that he had an entire handful of Tyler's jersey, and that Tyler looking down at it was what gave Amare the split-second he needed to make his move.

    I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Where the heck were the refs as it was SO obvious.

  10. #182
    Member piggyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    86
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was their only option what do you expect?
    I thought they had a 3pt specialist that teams need to be contenders?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piggyKing For This Useful Post:


  12. #183

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horrible job by those officials last night. JR PUNK, er, I mean Smith, just threw Lance OB with no call. Amare had a hand full of Tyler's jersey on a post up. Obvious foul. Amare slung DWest OB after a foul. You don't call those punk moves and that is what causes a fight to break out.
    Yea there were a lot of non calls, but that style of play really benefits the Pacers over anyone else in the league. I'd rather have the refs swallow their whistles and allow the Pacers to play their very physical brand of basketball.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  14. #184
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We won't be able to. Ok just had to trade Harden cause they couldn't pay him, and their other 2 stars.
    We shall see.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #185
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,093

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horrible job by those officials last night. JR PUNK, er, I mean Smith, just threw Lance OB with no call. Amare had a hand full of Tyler's jersey on a post up. Obvious foul. Amare slung DWest OB after a foul. You don't call those punk moves and that is what causes a fight to break out.
    Will people get over the refs already, it's ridiculous. I've never seen so many people complain about the refs over one NON-Playoff game.

    The Pacers get away with quite a bit themselves on the defensive end themselves. No it's not blatant like a push in the back, grab of the jersey, etc. BUT it is tough physical defense that we get away with. If it means we don't get a few calls on the offensive end, so be it. If we could knock down an open jump shot more consistently, then we would wouldn't need to worry so much about the refs.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  17. #186
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,934

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will people get over the refs already, it's ridiculous. I've never seen so many people complain about the refs over one NON-Playoff game.

    The Pacers get away with quite a bit themselves on the defensive end themselves. No it's not blatant like a push in the back, grab of the jersey, etc. BUT it is tough physical defense that we get away with. If it means we don't get a few calls on the offensive end, so be it. If we could knock down an open jump shot more consistently, then we would wouldn't need to worry so much about the refs.

    Tough physical defense is not a foul.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  19. #187
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    I don't really care too much what the refs do in the first 3 quarters as long as they are letting us play with our D in the 4th and so far they pretty much have.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #188
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,362

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We won't be able to. Ok just had to trade Harden cause they couldn't pay him, and their other 2 stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We shall see.
    IMHO....I only see 3 scenarios happening in regards to Granger and West:

    1 ) If the Team sees a similar loss in the 2nd round like last season ( or worse, lose in the 1st round of the Playoffs ), then I don't see the Pacers re-signing West ( unless he can be had for cheap ) AND looking to trade Granger in the summer of 2013 ( for LT relief while getting some assets...a la Harden and the Thunder ).

    2 ) If the Team has a very hard fought 6 or 7 game 2nd Round Playoff series and loses, then I can see the Pacers re-signing West and then look to trade Granger in the Offseason and/or re-signing West....but not both.

    3 ) The only way that I can possibly see them re-signing West and then looking to keep Granger this season ( and beyond ) is if the Team makes it to the ECF and/or beyond .
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #189
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    301
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    So, it looks like the Knicks play the Bulls tonight. Either losing would be beneficial to us, but I'm torn as to which one would help us more - i.e. which I should root for to win.... Never mind, I just answered my own question. I can't root for either of those teams to win. I'll just be happy with the loss of one them I guess

  23. #190

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will people get over the refs already, it's ridiculous. I've never seen so many people complain about the refs over one NON-Playoff game.

    The Pacers get away with quite a bit themselves on the defensive end themselves. No it's not blatant like a push in the back, grab of the jersey, etc. BUT it is tough physical defense that we get away with. If it means we don't get a few calls on the offensive end, so be it. If we could knock down an open jump shot more consistently, then we would wouldn't need to worry so much about the refs.
    I know. But I have never complained about officials or thought "We don't get the calls". I thought last night was unusually bad.

  24. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,934

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, it looks like the Knicks play the Bulls tonight. Either losing would be beneficial to us, but I'm torn as to which one would help us more - i.e. which I should root for to win.... Never mind, I just answered my own question. I can't root for either of those teams to win. I'll just be happy with the loss of one them I guess
    Always root against the Knicks.

  25. #192

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13






  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  27. #193

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know. But I have never complained about officials or thought "We don't get the calls". I thought last night was unusually bad.
    Derek Staford was officiating. He is my latest worst official. He's not very good and his style of running a game doesn't seem to match up with the Pacer's playing style. It's not the officials in general, it is a couple of officials in particular that majorly suck.
    Last edited by xIndyFan; 01-11-2013 at 04:39 PM.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  29. #194
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    A lot of calls don't get made, for both teams. Honestly I'd rather our offense get beat up by the other team and they let our defense be as suffocating as possible. I know good physical D isn't really a foul but in the NBA today you get a lot of Refs that can't always tell the difference. The only call that bugged me was PG's 5th or 6th steal where he sprinted back and JR racked him across the front and Paul still got the shot up over the rim and in. That was clearly an and-one, so much so that even during the highlights Kenny the Jet called them out on it.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  30. #195
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    351

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your argument is valid. Too bad you must couch it in such self righteous and disrespectful ways, such as "psshhhh" and expressing disagreement with other viewpoints by calling them "BS". Particularly when, if you read the post closely, you'll the point was that if Mahinmi continued his current level of play, MAYBE the OP's original assertion could be DEBATEABLE.

    If you look you'll find me on here multiple times saying Hibbert's top priority for this team is defense and rebounding, not offensive production. I doubt the Hibbert - Mahinmi starting debate comes to fruition because I will be surprised if Mahinmi can play at his recent level consistently over time.

    However, I do think Mahinmi has arguably outplayed Hibbert in terms of all - around performance over the last several games. This includes a very solid, physical contribution defensively and on the glass. And, I'm not convinced that Mahinmi, due to his superior speed/athleticism, wouldn't have been a better matchup v. Miami against the more mobile Bosh. Fortunately, he cooled off as the game progressed, but it was painfully obvious Hibbert was mismatched as Bosh nailed wide open mid - range J after wide open mid - range J.
    Yea fair enough my bad my statement was more to the original poster. Just simply saying like Kenny said when Shaq tried to call out Roy he will never be a great scoring big man that isn't really his game, can he be much more efficient when he does get chances, sure 40 percent for a big is pretty bad (and we've seen him have much more skill and efficiency on O in past)......but I'm pretty sure Atlanta Hawks fans weren't calling for Dikembe's starting job because he was only averaging 11 a game.....Ian plays like he just did rest of season and Roy plays like he has been rest of season Roy would still rightfully be the starter IMO, Ian might start eating some more minutes but Roy would still need to be starter. Roy is on the short list of DPOY right now granted he probably won't win it because even though the award is called DPOY voters seem to always give it to a guy that plays good offense as well, but the point is Roy along with PG are anchoring a special defense and to even mention that he may need to get demoted while pulling his weight in every conceivable way on defense is crazy in my mind.

  31. #196
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,934

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    I don't know if it has been posted, if it has I apologize.

    [quote]From Elias: Paul George scored 24 points, hauled in 11 rebounds, handed out five assists and recorded six steals in the Pacers' 81-76 home win over the Knicks. Only one other Indiana player has recorded at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and five steals in an NBA game. Mickey Johnson put up a 25/14/10/5 points/rebounds/assists/steals game against the Washington Bullets on October 26, 1979.[/qoute]

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  33. #197
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shame on you for not mentioning Green's 2 baskets from mid-range in the flow of the game. This is what Green needs to learn to do more of. He's got the capability of being more than just being dunker and a 3 pt shooter. If he develops this shot as part of his game, 3.5 mil for him will look like a steal.
    I did count Green's shots in the equation but somehow I didn't comment on him. My bad
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  34. #198
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote




    What are we supposed to take from that? Is Granger the ego man?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  35. #199
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Just because Danny isn't playing it doesn't mean he hasn't been interacting with the players. It's most likely someone who's no longer here.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  37. #200
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread 1/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because Danny isn't playing it doesn't mean he hasn't been interacting with the players. It's most likely someone who's no longer here.
    DC could have gotten upset over losing his starting job, or "Kobe" Jones could have tripped a team mate in practice? You're right about Danny, he has been interacting with the players during timeouts from what I can see and he probably talks to them in the locker room at halftime and pregame/postgame.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread
    By boombaby1987 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
  2. Pacers/Knicks postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 11:44 AM
  3. Pacers/Knicks postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
  4. Pacers/Knicks Postgame
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 12:30 AM
  5. Pacers vs Knicks Postgame
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •