Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72

Thread: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

  1. #26
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @WojYahooNBA: The NBA has suspended New York's Carmelo Anthony one game for confrontation with Kevin Garnett.



    This kind of sucks I wanted to go to the game.
    So you're going to not go because Melo isn't playing? LOL

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    We've been missing Granger since Game 1. I'm not gonna cry or be even a little bit disappointed if the other team's down a player. Them's the breaks.

    It's a very real possibility that we're going to end the season fighting with New York for playoff positioning. I don't care about style points, I want the win. We can see both teams at full strength in the playoffs.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #28
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn really disappointed. Now the Knicks fans can play the, "missing our best player card," if we win.
    Cool, so can we.

    Right now I am in full on playoff positioning mode, this helps our chances to win and thus helps playoff chances.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Pacers vs Knicks is Pacers vs Knicks, no matter who suits up. With Reggie in the building, I'll take anyone's tickets who isn't going and my wife is having surgery tomorrow. O.O

    I get that some hype is gone, but as a Pacers fan, you make your own hype for a Knicks game. Let's just take care of business on national TV and get some recognition. Coming out party for Paul George, anyone?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    I get that. I was bummed when I had my first seats in the first few rows with a chance to see Shaq up close, and then he got hurt that week.

    But since you were going to see Melo get humiliated anyway it wasn't like it was going to be a true representation of him anyway.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now I am in full on playoff positioning mode, this helps our chances to win and thus helps playoff chances.
    It's like you're reading my mind.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #32
    Member IndySDExport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Durham/Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ]

    Right now I am in full on playoff positioning mode, this helps our chances to win and thus helps playoff chances.
    ^^^^ This ^^^^

    We're only 3 games back from first in the East after beating Miami. If we take advantage of the breaks and we can seriously make a push for great seeding when Danny gets back. Imagine thinking this after the first 15 games.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to IndySDExport For This Useful Post:


  14. #33
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    How does Lance receive a technical for staring at the bench, but Garnett can say whatever he wants?

    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for trash talking - I love the Reggie days, but its silly when only certain players get punished for it.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  16. #34
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,948

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get that. I was bummed when I had my first seats in the first few rows with a chance to see Shaq up close, and then he got hurt that week.

    But since you were going to see Melo get humiliated anyway it wasn't like it was going to be a true representation of him anyway.
    I wanted to see him get humiliated. I want to see PG win every match up.

  17. #35
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Although this is good news, I would feel more comfortable if Tyson Chandler was out because he manhandles Roy every time they play.
    DG for 3

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  19. #36
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,338

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NBA was probably worried about an area 55 "Honey Nut Cheerios" chant on TNT.
    Eh, Area55 and G2 have more class than to go after a guy's wife. Plus that falls under Roy's edict to not bring players' families into it.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  21. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're going to not go because Melo isn't playing? LOL
    Laugh all you want but unlike you I have people visiting from out the country(family), so my only way to convince them to go to the game tomorrow(because they don't care about the Pacers) was to tell them that Carmelo Anthony(a well known player out of the country) was playing, now that he is not playing I don't think they want to go.

  22. #38
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laugh all you want but unlike you I have people visiting from out the country(family), so my only way to convince them to go to the game tomorrow(because they don't care about the Pacers) was to tell them that Carmelo Anthony(a well known player out of the country) was playing, now that he is not playing I don't think they want to go.
    Well you could have just said that to begin with. the way you worded it was like, "Oh no Carmelo? Don't know if I want to go just to watch the Pacers" Sucks about your family, offer to buy them all hot dogs

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  24. #39

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laugh all you want but unlike you I have people visiting from out the country(family), so my only way to convince them to go to the game tomorrow(because they don't care about the Pacers) was to tell them that Carmelo Anthony(a well known player out of the country) was playing, now that he is not playing I don't think they want to go.
    Tell them Paul George is better than Melo

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  26. #40
    Stalking JOB Bird Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    273

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Tell them Melo is playing and then act surprised when he's not

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bird Fan For This Useful Post:


  28. #41
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Lucky break for us, but we're still going to have to come to play. We've lost to worse teams than the Melo-less Knicks.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  30. #42
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Amare is offended that no one wants to come watch him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  32. #43
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell them Paul George is better than Melo
    Or just give em the size-up of PG vs. LeBron. We may not have a superstar (yet?), but we've definitely got an exciting young player out there.

  33. #44

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laugh all you want but unlike you I have people visiting from out the country(family), so my only way to convince them to go to the game tomorrow(because they don't care about the Pacers) was to tell them that Carmelo Anthony(a well known player out of the country) was playing, now that he is not playing I don't think they want to go.
    so leave their asses at home
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  34. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    To be fair to Vnzla... I get it. Family or not. When you are expecting a marquee matchup you hope to see both teams at full strength. It's like watching the Colts last year without Manning. The appeal of the matchup is less sexy since we all now assume the Pacers have the upper hand. I for one was really looking forward to seeing how PG matched up against Melo and seeing them go toe to toe. I will still watch the game and enjoy it, but it is less intriguing now to be honest.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessen For This Useful Post:


  36. #46
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm firmly in the "This helps us and that means it's good" camp. Who cares about the matchups? I want a W. This is a team we're fighting for playoff positioning.

    Do we also wish that Dwight Howard had been healthy for Orlando in the playoffs last year? Maybe you say that publicly, but all Pacers fans were thrilled he wasn't playing, let's call a spade a spade.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  38. #47

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Shut your sanctimonious asses up about when and why you should go to a game, all of you.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  40. #48

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NBA was probably worried about an area 55 "Honey Nut Cheerios" chant on TNT.
    That's not funny. At all.

  41. #49
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @WojYahooNBA: The NBA has suspended New York's Carmelo Anthony one game for confrontation with Kevin Garnett.



    This kind of sucks I wanted to go to the game.
    Means that Paul George will go for 30
    Smothered Chicken!

  42. #50
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Melo suspended for tomorrow's game

    I don't understand, I thought the NBA and david Stern were always out to get the pacers and yet they decide to suspend Mello for this game. I mean the Knicks play the Bulls tomorrow night

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone going to the game tomorrow?
    By CableKC in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 02:35 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 03:20 PM
  3. Game tomorrow
    By OTD in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 04:16 AM
  4. Who's going to the game tomorrow?
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 02:28 PM
  5. Tomorrow's Game
    By Jermaniac in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •