Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Chad Ford Chat

Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not real life.

Lance has been much better than I expected. But lets not overdue it. If we can get him for 3.5 or less, great. If not, there's a player just as good for the same amount of money available, maybe cheaper. He's been a good stop gap solution. When he goes back to the bench, he'll make the bench better. But seriously....
    Lance will get paid more than Gerald Green money if he continues playing like he has been. I have no doubt about that. As he becomes more of a focal point offensively his numbers will rise, and so will his salary.

I'm glad you and others who doubted Lance are at least beginning to recognize Lance is a good player. I see we still have some work to do, though.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 01-11-2013 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Washington just did the same thing few days ago....
    Actually Washington is the only team they beat in the last 4. But the Heat are in the midst of a very poor run as you alluded to, only winning in OT against both Orlando and Dallas, and Washington in their last 8 games. They are not the lock for the 1 seed that people thought they would be.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Team Indy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    They have a veteran team like the ones you like.
    If only the Pacers traded for Monta Ellis and signed Brand, Scola, and a couple other vets, then the Pacers would be true contenders right?? Haha gotta love your NBA insights. If the Pacers dont do what you suggest, thats how we know theyre on the right track. so please keep them coming...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    If only the Pacers traded for Monta Ellis and signed Brand, Scola, and a couple other vets, then the Pacers would be true contenders right?? Haha gotta love your NBA insights. If the Pacers dont do what you suggest, thats how we know theyre on the right track. so please keep them coming...
    For me signing Scola I said at the time would of made us real contenders would of solved a ton of needs and at a very cheap price. That is the one move that I will be POed about for awhile because we had the money and the space for him but didn't go after him, just a major blunder IMO.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    For me signing Scola I said at the time would of made us real contenders would of solved a ton of needs and at a very cheap price. That is the one move that I will be POed about for awhile because we had the money and the space for him but didn't go after him, just a major blunder IMO.
    I really wanted Scola too. But even if the stats don't say it, I've been happy with Tyler's play lately. Also, how was Scola a blunder? I remember Pritchard saying on 1070 we couldn't get him? I don't know if they didn't have a high enough bid or if it was a money thing, but Pritch flat out said it wasn't possible.

And as much as we all have been bashing the bench, time to give them some credit. When a player goes down in the starting lineup, our bench steps up and gets us W's. DJ, Ian, Pendy have all been big the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    I really wanted Scola too. But even if the stats don't say it, I've been happy with Tyler's play lately. Also, how was Scola a blunder? I remember Pritchard saying on 1070 we couldn't get him? I don't know if they didn't have a high enough bid or if it was a money thing, but Pritch flat out said it wasn't possible.

And as much as we all have been bashing the bench, time to give them some credit. When a player goes down in the starting lineup, our bench steps up and gets us W's. DJ, Ian, Pendy have all been big the last two weeks.
    It wasn't possible cause by then, they'd already signed Hill/Hibbs. It's complete BS to say it was impossible. Maybe this will teach the Pacers a lesson and to wait till the end to see who gets Amnestied. Well, not so much anymore, most teams have already used it by now.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I was just thinking of this.....IMHO...I don't think that Granger would be moved before the trade deadline unless there is a TOTAL No-Brainer offer that comes in where some Team overpays to get him. Of course, when the offseason comes....I'll change my tune unless something miraculous happens.

But I didn't think of the opposite. As I ( and many others have suggested ) do not think that we will see a GH/PG/Granger/West/Hibbert Starting lineup at the start of the 2013-2014 season ( unless they make it to the ECF or beyond )...assuming that the opportunity is there to get a solid bench Player that doesn't significantly impact the team's finances in the long-term and it doesn't cost the Pacers a lot....do you think the Pacers would make a "big enough bet" ( not an "All-In" move like trading Granger ) to make a trade for a Player that would make us even deeper?

I think that we have a very solid 7 man rotation with GH/PG/Granger/West/Hibbert/Lance/Mahinmi....but have semi-reliable depth with DJ, Hansbrough and Green. Given that many Teams are not deathly afraid of going into the Luxury Tax.....there maybe some solid bench Players that are available that could be available
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-13-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

As I do not think that we will see a GH/PG/Granger/West/Hibbert Starting lineup ( due to financial/salary cap reasons ) at the start of the 2013-2014 season ( unless they make it to the ECF or beyond )...assuming that the opportunity is there to get a solid bench Player that doesn't significantly impact the team's finances in the long-term and it doesn't cost the Pacers a lot....do you think the Pacers would make a "big enough bet" ( not an "All-In" move like trading Granger ) to make a trade for a Player that would make us even deeper?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Scola would be a good scoring option off the bench. I certainly agree with it. He wouldn't be our future PF but he could be a stop gap.

But did we really had the money when Houston announced that they were waving him? I don't remember :/

I just remember that no one expected him to be waived.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will go on record here that I hope the Pacers do not trade Granger.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post: