Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 310

Thread: Chad Ford Chat

  1. #276
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OKC doesn't have that many vets and they went to the finals, Miami won the championship and they have a bunch of vets because they used all their cap space in Bosh, Lebron and Wade, if your theory of vets been able to win a championship was true Dallas would be leading the NBA as the team to win the championship this year and they are not.

    Dallas's window has expired and their youth movement has sucked. But all those vets got them somewhere... 2 years ago. I think it was called a championship.

    This year they don't have a veteran team, they have an old team.

    I'm not asking the Pacers to go out and sign Mark, Reggie, Derrick, Jalen, Dale and Rik.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  3. #277
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just beat the snot out of a team with LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Battier. Thats not bad...
    Don't confuse him with actual game results.

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  5. #278

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    btw isnt there a max lance can get coming off his rookie deal?
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:


  7. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dallas's window has expired and their youth movement has sucked. But all those vets got them somewhere... 2 years ago. I think it was called a championship.

    This year they don't have a veteran team, they have an old team.

    I'm not asking the Pacers to go out and sign Mark, Reggie, Derrick, Jalen, Dale and Rik.

    They have a veteran team like the ones you like.

  8. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just beat the snot out of a team with LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Battier. Thats not bad...
    Washington just did the same thing few days ago....

  9. #281
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how is this statement different than lance. So lance should get 4.5mil Thanks, it settled.
    Last I checked. Lance wasn't being penciled in as starter with Danny on the available roster. But that is fine. Since you agree with me that you believe he should be penciled in as the starter. Thanks. It settled...

  10. #282

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is a heck of a lot more replaceable than Danny or West.
    West ya, but Danny no IMO. Paul can do everything Danny can do, and do it better. Lance, on the other hand, has certain skills that no other player on the team has, and I don't think they're as easily replaceable as some might think.

    I hope we sign him asap, otherwise I'm afraid he may price himself out of Indy if we wait till the end of next year.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  12. #283
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dallas's window has expired and their youth movement has sucked. But all those vets got them somewhere... 2 years ago. I think it was called a championship.

    This year they don't have a veteran team, they have an old team.

    I'm not asking the Pacers to go out and sign Mark, Reggie, Derrick, Jalen, Dale and Rik.
    nice... lol

  13. #284
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West ya, but Danny no IMO. Paul can do everything Danny can do, and do it better. Lance, on the other hand, has certain skills that no other player on the team has, and I don't think they're as easily replaceable as some might think.

    I hope we sign him asap, otherwise I'm afraid he may price himself out of Indy if we wait till the end of next year.
    amen... and the earlier, the cheaper...

  14. #285

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last I checked. Lance wasn't being penciled in as starter with Danny on the available roster. But that is fine. Since you agree with me that you believe he should be penciled in as the starter. Thanks. It settled...
    I do. I have been saying Danny should be our Manu Ginobili, James Harden, Oj Mayo for a while now. That says more about our starting 4 than it does Lance though. Tony Allen, Thabo Sefelosha, and Danny Green all make less than 4 million in the same role as Lance. So yes he should be our starter, but he should be paid accordingly also.
    Last edited by LetsTalkPacers84; 01-10-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  15. #286
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have a veteran team like the ones you like.
    Ok - you're constantly harping on dumping Danny and West so we can get younger and "contend" in a few years however you fail to enlighten us with who we should target. Please do so, be specific. Give me names of players we should target who we can A.) Afford B.) Would likely sign here C.) Make us better than Danny and West do now.

    Your track record is very weak by the way - you wanted to give Nene $18M, which would currently be crippling our team and also wanted Humphries, who sucks, over West. History proves that championship teams have at least 1 or 2 vets in their lineup, so your argument is already going uphill. Let's hear your grand scheme to improve the roster. And before we get started, career backup Tiago Splitter ain't going to cut it.
    Last edited by purdue101; 01-10-2013 at 05:13 PM.

  16. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok - you're constantly harping on dumping Danny and West so we can get younger and "contend" in a few years however you fail to enlighten us with who we should target. Please do so, be specific. Give me names of players we should target who we can A.) Afford B.) Would likely sign here C.) Make us better than Danny and West do now.

    Your track record is very weak by the way - you wanted to give Nene $18M, which would currently be crippling our team and also wanted Humphries, who sucks, over West. History proves that championship teams have at least 1 or 2 vets in their lineup, so your argument is already going uphill. Let's hear your grand scheme to improve the roster. And before we get started, career backup Tiago Splitter ain't going to cut it.
    I see that you never bring anything to the table but cry and bit****, Dece has thought me that I can use the ignore feature sometimes, congratulations in becoming number 3 on my ignore list.

  17. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see that you never bring anything to the table but cry and bit****, Dece has thought me that I can use the ignore feature sometimes, congratulations in becoming number 3 on my ignore list.
    I'm not the one whining for change and that this team is garbage day in and day out - you are! If you want to roll out snide comments all day, I'm going to call out your BS. I like the team as constructed and don't ***tch, moan, and constantly contradict myself with ridiculous bashing of our team. Sometimes I have a hard time even believing you are a Pacers fan.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:


  19. #289
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    880

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny comes back and these 5 plus Ian, Lance and Green primarily go to the Finals with minimal help from Tyler and DJ then you 100% walk away from the $7m those 2 would save you, keep Orlando and Miles on rookie/minimum deals, resign West and save the "oh no Danny and Paul" discussion till you see if you are headed to another Finals run or not the following year.

    If you put the money out for 8 guys that can go to the Finals then you are done "fixing" things. I think some fans have to get out of rebuild mode from 2 years ago. They resigned Hibbert and Hill because this was the 5 they want to go with. They could be forced to let go of West if the market demands it, but ultimately they need an 8-11m PF on the team so it might as well be West.

    What they don't need is two bigs on the bench both making 4m or a BU PG making 3m and barely contributing.

    Maybe Ian doesn't keep improving and live up to his deal, but if he does then we have a 3 man big rotation with some cheap player to do the emergency work. Ditto at SF with Green or someone making Green's money. Lance dips in at PG/wing as the 6th man.


    When it comes time to give Paul 14M you'll be able to evaluate Danny and perhaps offer 9-10m instead, or look to move him if it's headed that way.


    And if the team just doesn't win games or do well in the playoffs THEN you can think about letting West go and moving Danny. But this group HAS NOT FAILED TO KICK A** YET. Can we not cut bait until after they've underperformed this spring? This means you Chad Ford, non-believer.
    RIGHT ON.

    We need to see what this team can do with a healthy Danny and David combined with the new Paul and Lance. Paul's stretch this past month has me believing this actually IS a title contender.

    Specifically this year when EVERY team seems flawed. Danny's return can make us one of if not THE most complete team in the league.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


  21. #290
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm scared to find out how much we truly do need Granger in the playoffs.
    well, we saw it last year, and it was far from pretty.

  22. #291

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West ya, but Danny no IMO. Paul can do everything Danny can do, and do it better. Lance, on the other hand, has certain skills that no other player on the team has, and I don't think they're as easily replaceable as some might think.

    I hope we sign him asap, otherwise I'm afraid he may price himself out of Indy if we wait till the end of next year.
    This is not real life.

    Lance has been much better than I expected. But lets not overdue it. If we can get him for 3.5 or less, great. If not, there's a player just as good for the same amount of money available, maybe cheaper. He's been a good stop gap solution. When he goes back to the bench, he'll make the bench better. But seriously....

    The Pacers I agree with Seth. See how well this team does in the playoffs. If we get to the ECF, or make a huge run at it, concentrate on keeping the starters together. If we've got to get cheaper bench players, then so be it. It's not like our more expensive ones are that much better.

  23. #292
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    And to clarify there are 2 reasons to keep West and Danny as of this summer (ie, for next year at least).

    1) As a 5 man group they are killer, one of the very best if not the best as shown statistically 2 seasons in a row.

    2) Even if it starts to not work we are talking about Danny's deal ending next year, and I'm only proposing a 3 year deal for West.

    So if it goes sour you do not have to punt on Paul. You keep Paul and bail on Danny. Then you start looking for teams that need West's final 2 years (again on imaginary 3 yr deal). Roy would be tougher to move and would be the guy holding the team back financially the most.


    But this idea that we have to dump West and Danny so we can have a team of Hill, Lance, Paul, (Tyler) and Roy is silly. That team STILL needs a bench and that 5 is NOT AS GOOD. So then what? Now we are back to trying to find an offensive big to start and the bench is Ian and Green and OJ. I'm sure glad the salary is only 54m because that team will be CLOSER TO 500 and more in that "stuck in the middle" mode most of the "we must tank and rebuild" camp fears.



    For F's sake, does anyone think the Celtics thought twice about keeping KG, Paul and Ray together more than one season? I think a case can be made that all their goofing around with possible Ray trades soured that situation and put them where they are now, which is hardly better than where they were last year and yet also not about to rebuild with a Paul Pierce trade.

    It kinda reminds me how fans thought the 99 team might be getting too old. People forget how much talk about giving up on Smits and his always injured feet, or the fear that Reggie might be past his window or that Jax was too old and slow to defend used to go on. It was not the revisionist version we have now where the city had 100% faith in them. Following Brown's last season it wasn't like the sports talk was "oh, I bet they go on a 3 year run of ECF/Finals".


    In other words, sometimes fans have trouble recognizing when they are square in the middle of something good, which we most certainly are. THIS IS IT, there are no more serious adjustments unless DG is magically hurt for good (he is not). These guys have a very good window that should go for at least 3 more seasons (w/ West).


    Heck, like that 2000 team I think the more these 5-7 guys play together (keep Ian and Lance in it) the better they will be. This is a group with skill that has moved on to the stage of constantly learning how to play together more each day. Everyone is getting paid, at least if West takes 10m per again, and everyone seems happy with their PT and role on the team. They respect each other and root for each other.

    Time to stop and smell the roses with this squad.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  25. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    For F's sake, does anyone think the Celtics thought twice about keeping KG, Paul and Ray together more than one season?
    KG, Pierce and Ray are hall of famers and won a championship together, I think is time to stop comparing this Pacers players to hall of famers.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.

  26. #294

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KG, Pierce and Ray are hall of famers and won a championship together, I think is time to stop comparing this Pacers players to hall of famers.
    I dont
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  27. #295
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,643

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KG, Pierce and Ray are hall of famers and won a championship together, I think is time to stop comparing this Pacers players to hall of famers.
    Yes, because in order to compare teams in similar situations the talent level between their best players has to be excruciatingly similar. /sarcasm


    Anyway, it's not like Granger and West are that old. Granger will be turning 30 later this season and West is 32. They don't have a ceiling they haven't reached yet certainly, but both are borderline all stars to add to the Georges and Hibbert who are at minimum good enough to make the allstar team during a good season.

  28. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, because in order to compare teams in similar situations the talent level between their best players has to be excruciatingly similar. /sarcasm


    Anyway, it's not like Granger and West are that old. Granger will be turning 30 later this season and West is 32. They don't have a ceiling they haven't reached yet certainly, but both are borderline all stars to add to the Georges and Hibbert who are at minimum good enough to make the allstar team during a good season.
    It's not the same situation that's the point.

  29. #297
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,643

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the same situation that's the point.
    Then you missed the original point.

  30. #298
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without question you keep Lance over Danny. Granger's best days are behind him and Lance is just getting started. Once Stephenson reaches his prime, he will be better than prime Danny
    This really looks like a case of "what have you done for me lately."

    Do you remember what Danny looked like in his best year?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  32. #299
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,580

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, because in order to compare teams in similar situations the talent level between their best players has to be excruciatingly similar. /sarcasm


    Anyway, it's not like Granger and West are that old. Granger will be turning 30 later this season and West is 32. They don't have a ceiling they haven't reached yet certainly, but both are borderline all stars to add to the Georges and Hibbert who are at minimum good enough to make the allstar team during a good season.

    This statement is extremely confusing.

  33. #300
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,643

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This statement is extremely confusing.
    I can dig that haha.

    What I mean is that George Hill, Paul George, and Roy Hibbert are all capable of making the allstar team if they have a good season. Paul George will be at least a borderline all star if he continues at his current progression. Meaning we have 5 players who are each capable of individually making it, even if they may never be voted in or all make it together.

Similar Threads

  1. Chad Ford chat 01/11/12
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 08:35 PM
  2. Chad Ford chat at 1pm
    By PacerPenguins in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 07:11 AM
  3. Chad Ford Chat - 11/10/10
    By BPump33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 12:07 PM
  4. Chad Ford Chat
    By 2Cleva in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 03:30 PM
  5. Chad Ford chat (12/29)
    By JBones19 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •