Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did answer you. I spent quite a bit of time and effort doing it. I'm a one finger typer. LOL!I went to post it and something happened to my post. It just disappeared. I got PO'd due to the time I had spent putting together my answers that I just said screw it and refused to take the time to repost. The GOOD LORD never gave me that valuable quality many others have called patience. The lack of patience has made my life difficult at times, but interesting!
    Ah well, that explains it
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Let's compare out financial situation with the Grizzlies:

-snip-

Chances are that in order to avoid the LT somebody will be let go but we're in a much better position than the Grizzlies, imo.
    Yea, but unfortunately we're already seeing rumors that they are going to be getting rid of Gay, and possibly also Randolph, for financial and not basketball reasons. We don't want to end up in their shoes, everyone hitting healthy at the right time, real title shot, ruined by the bean counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    The only thing that concerns me is that when Granger comes back, it's going to throw us off our rhythm and we might get worse on both ends. We need Granger to buy in to what we have going on right now and fit in rather than try to be the alpha dog. If he does that, then we'll be a pretty damn potent team.
    Do you dream up things to worry about?
    I could never see that happening. The dude only wants to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The fact Paul only got 3 fouls called is an absolute crime.
    Exactly!
    On the one breakaway, fricking Wade chucked him in the back while he was jumping to shoot his layup.
    Should have been a flagrant.
    I hate Wade WAAAYYYY more than LeBron.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Yea, but unfortunately we're already seeing rumors that they are going to be getting rid of Gay, and possibly also Randolph, for financial and not basketball reasons. We don't want to end up in their shoes, everyone hitting healthy at the right time, real title shot, ruined by the bean counters.
    I agree. That's also why I mention that we're in a much better position than them financially. Paul George's contract expires after the 2013 - 14 season.

If everything pans out in this season and we improve upon our last playoff appearance (meaning that we reach the ECF) then we will have a real title shot in the next season. That's before PG expires.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I agree. That's also why I mention that we're in a much better position than them financially. Paul George's contract expires after the 2013 - 14 season.

If everything pans out in this season and we improve upon our last playoff appearance (meaning that we reach the ECF) then we will have a real title shot in the next season. That's before PG expires.
    Unfortunately, we only signed West to a 2-year deal because we didn't trust his knee and West wanted the chance for 2 lucrative contracts. Though I know the 2 year deal made sense at the time, now that we've seen what a great fit he is here it would have been nice to have him for 3 years. Not only would that mean we have our core an extra year, but it would make the decision to keep 1 or the other, or both, easier.

With that said, if they decide they have to keep Danny long-term and let go of West to make things more financially feasible they might try signing him to a big 1 year contract and keeping this team together for 1 more run next year before we resign Danny/George. That would also put pressure on Danny (not that he needs it) to continue working because we could alway choose West over him. I'm spitballing here, but I think my real point is I want to see this team intact as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Is there any other player in the league that can play lockdown, phsyical defense for 250 straight minutes, and not get a single foul called against them?

It would really be interesting to see some numbers on the longest minute streak without fouling. 250 has to be #1, but I wonder how it stacks up against the rest.
    I know it sounds crazy, but I've watched a few of those games in that streak and it was pretty legit. There might have been a play or two where it was close, but I didn't see a single play where I felt there should have definitely been a foul. Lebron is the most athletic player the NBA has ever seen. He is an incredible defender and does an amazing job of avoiding contact when going up for the block.

I'm sure that some of those close ones would have been called on a no-name player, but that shouldn't take away from an absolutely incredible streak of amazing defense.

Also, one thing that Lebron does better than anyone I've ever seen: he knows when he has no chance to make a play. You don't see Lebron get "posterized" because he knows when he doesn't have the ability to make a play. If Lebron can't get to the ball, he isn't going to go for it. On all of his fouls, he makes a play on the ball. Most players would still try when they had no chance to make a play on the ball and end up fouling. Lebron doesn't ever give up silly fouls like that. Wade, on the other hand, tends to get a lot of fouls where he has no chance to make a play, fouls without making a play on the ball, and gives up a lot of "and ones."

Banned

@WallaceNBA_ESPN: Bosh: "If I'm lacking on my job, not a good rebounder, not what the team needs, then maybe I need to sit & learn more."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @WallaceNBA_ESPN: Bosh: "If I'm lacking on my job, not a good rebounder, not what the team needs, then maybe I need to sit & learn more."
    Jeez, he certainly doesn't need to take any drama classes that is for sure.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods