Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another interesting stat of the game.

We attempted 91 shots. The Heat attempted 68. We only shot 36.3%. But when you attempt so many shots and hold the other team to similarly bad shooting (41.2%), you're going to be in a lot of games even if you're shooting below 40%.

That was solely due to our offensive rebounding. That's the difference that grabbing offensive boards and not turning the ball over make.
    The Pacers are top 10 in Offensive rebounding and Top 2 in Defensive Rebounding.....and the Heat? Dead last in the League in Offensive Rebounding and 14th in Defensive Rebounding.

IMHO....the only way that the Heat win a Championship is if LeDecision, Wade and TagAlong play 12 games at an ELITE level during the entire Playoffs. Throw size at the Heat and defense at the Heat...and they will wither against Teams in the ECF or NBA Finals.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    The Pacers held the Ray Allen scoreless for only the 2nd time in his career, according to @ESPNStatsInfo.
    You know what? That's really good tasting icing with sprinkles on the cake of ours......

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I no longer care if Lance is a backup PG or not.......he's not a PG on this Team....he's a ball-handler that Vogel trusts with the ball.

Oh...and the secret to making DJ more effective in the lineup is to play him with more of the Starters.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I really thought the bench won us this game. DJ dishing, Orlando on some law and order ****, Tyler scrambling. A lot of the time, Green is better on defense than on offense. His ability to recover and get up can bother someone like Wade who relies on floaters and off balance lay ins (as well as several ******** threes). Ian, when he's not fouling, protecting the rim and covering on the PnR. At least contrasted with Miami's dogshit bench performance, we were really able to spread out in between the beginnings and ends of halves. As obnoxiously bad as the offense for the bench can be, the defense can be quite superb.

Tough to feel anything other than sexy joy after this one.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Oh...and the secret to making DJ more effective in the lineup is to play him with more of the Starters.
    Yes. He is markedly better when he plays with good offensive talent around him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Ian Mahinmi. His hands are a mess but you see his confidence and his game picking up
    "Bad hands Manhinmi" had a steal last night that caught my attention. Looked like it required good hands.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

11. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    "Bad hands Manhinmi" had a steal last night that caught my attention. Looked like it required good hands.
    I've been calling him "Butterfingers Mahinmi", but his hands looked good last night. I sure hope he keeps it up, because otherwise I love his game..

Mood

Sports Logo

Proud of our King! Ballislife called him the "best defensive wing in the game".

Also, here's the video: http://ballislife.com/paul-george-sh...ts-the-jumper/
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I no longer care if Lance is a backup PG or not.......he's not a PG on this Team....he's a ball-handler that Vogel trusts with the ball.

He's an athlete Vogel trusts. His ball handling isn't the best
    "We want Miami"

Yeah, I remember that convo

I don't think that he was discounting Hibbert's ability on the defense end entirely. I just think that he was downplaying it in an effort to prove that his argument valid. That's also why he played the Glen Davis card and then reverted back on Hibbert's offensive woes.

He repeated numerous times on how many points the Grizzlies scored in the paint but he never answered to me when I pointed the amount of shots that they attempted in our paint.

And honestly, I was quite peeved that neither he or Justin took the time to answer with facts to the facts and videos that I posted in that thread. But it's ok. I cannot be petty about it.

Overally, I don't think that he has a problem with Hibbert's defense. No one should. I just think that he is underestimating his defensive impact.
    I think Hibbert is the worst offensive starting center in the league right now, but still think he's worth 10-12M... clearly I must think he does play really good defense or how else would I think he could have that much value? I was pointing out their points in the paint in reference to this idea that Hibbert is a shoe in DPOY candidate and ultimate intimidator/enforcer on the interior. He plays great defense, but he didn't scare them away from attacking the rim -- they kept going inside, they weren't intimidated. He plays great defense, but he's not Mutumbo or Mourning or a healthy D12 - he's not so good that he can force teams to just give up on the paint. That was the point there.

Personally I think PG has a better claim to the DPOY award than Hibbert.

Anyway, stop quoting people I have on ignore! You have any idea how hard it is for me to just accept people being wrong on the internet? (http://xkcd.com/386/) I really am trying to let my disappointment in the guy go. I really do want him to succeed, because if he doesn't we won't. He's only 10 percent shooting away from my being satisfied with his contract matching his production. In the mean time, PG is earning himself a max contract of his own. We're going to have real cap issues.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    We're going to have real cap issues.
    Why? PG's extension coincides with Danny's expiration. Unless Granger is commanding 15 million too we should be fine.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I wish Paul would go ahead and tell us what his damn number is going to be next year so I can get his uni.
    My complete guess is #32. If Danny stays here his whole career and has his number raised, we could have 30-35 taken care of in the rafters. Again, just a strange theory I put together at the game the other night. Then again, I can't really see PG in the 32. Seems a bit bulky to me, but that could be because of Dale.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Why? PG's extension coincides with Danny's expiration. Unless Granger is commanding 15 million too we should be fine.
    Hibbert : 15M
    West : 8-10M
    Granger : 8-10M
    PG : 15M
    Hill : 8M

54-58M just for your starting line up right there, no bench or draft picks considered, and the salary cap is 58M. Maybe ownership will be willing to go deep into luxury tax range to keep this group together...but then again maybe they won't.

By the way, Paul George is the Pacers leading scorer on the season.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Hibbert : 15M
    West : 8-10M
    Granger : 8-10M
    PG : 15M
    Hill : 8M

54-58M just for your starting line up right there, no bench or draft picks considered, and the salary cap is 58M. Maybe ownership will be willing to go deep into luxury tax range to keep this group together...but then again maybe they won't.
    The luxury tax is 70M, afaik. Correct me if I'm wrong

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

I think Hibbert is the worst offensive starting center in the league right now.
    Seriously?

Bismack Biyombo is the starting Center for the Bobcats.

Festus Ezeli is the starting Center for the Warriors.

Lavoy Allen is the starting Center for the 76ers.

Emeka Okafor is the starting Center for the Wizards.

Amir Johnson is the starting Center for the Raptors.

And there are also the likes of Kosta Koufos, DeAndre Jordan and Omer Asik. Guys that are shooting a good percentage because they mainly score off of misses but will not give you points if you just throw them the ball in the post.

I was pointing out their points in the paint in reference to this idea that Hibbert is a shoe in DPOY candidate and ultimate intimidator/enforcer on the interior. He plays great defense, but he didn't scare them away from attacking the rim -- they kept going inside, they weren't intimidated. He plays great defense, but he's not Mutumbo or Mourning or a healthy D12 - he's not so good that he can force teams to just give up on the paint. That was the point there.
    They kept going inside because that's how Memphis plays.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...mpted-per-game

Memphis is 29th in 3 pointers attempted per game. They also are 29th in 3 pointers made per game. Only Chicago attempts and makes less 3s. They are almost afraid of shooting 3s.

Even if you stop Memphis from scoring in the paint in a high clip, they'll just keep shooting in the paint. That's what they can do best. It's paint, paint, paint.

That's the complaint of several Memphis fans as well. That they don't even play inside outside. They play inside inside. I know that some of those fans overreact (most people in team specific boards overreact sometimes) but what they say has some basis on reality.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Man, I am pumped this morning. If we beat NY tomorrow it is going to be tough to contain my enthusiasm.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Our bench has to get a lot of credit for this win.

DJ was good tonight. He made good reads on offense, made the correct passes, took care of the ball and hit his FTs. Also, he wasn't bad defensively either. Granted, he will never be a good defense but he was at least commited in playing D and wasn't a revolving door.

Gerald Green was good as well. Yes, he only shot 3/11 but his D was great. I'm still in awe that he managed to draw an offensive foul by LeBron James. He also had 2 blocks and 2 steals. If he can give us that kind of defensive effort every game, he's going to be golden.

Ian Mahinmi continues to give us some great contribution. Remember when our defense fell off when Roy was on the bench in last year's playoffs? The Heat would just go on a run because our last year's bench lacked the size to stop penetration. Ian has that size. He is a true big man. He has learned some defensive tricks by Roy and he's no longer extremely foul prone. His ability to finish at the rim and hit the 15 foot jumper is a bonus

Tyler had a good game as well. Frank didn't use him as much as he normally gets because the game demanded that Ian should get some more mins but when he played he was good. He was his usual self, bringing energy, heart and hustle. Good job on hitting 5 of your 6 FTs as well.

Great game, bench. You outscored the Heat's bench 25 - 8.

PS: Orlando was ok in the minutes he played as well. He had 2 assists in 4 minutes which is always a good thing
    OK doctor-h is ready to eat crow. Let me have it. Great win tonight. I really liked the way they played tonight. I just hope this becomes more of the norm. I said I hoped I was wrong about this team and I truly do. Nothing could make me happier than to kick the Knicks asses.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    By the way, Paul George is the Pacers leading scorer on the season.
    He's finally emerging and he will be an All-Star
    "We want Miami"

So where are the few posters that said the Pacers were going to flirt with or be under .500 all season at? Funny how quiet some posters get when the Pacers win, and how unbearable they get when they lose.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

The luxury tax is 70M, afaik. Correct me if I'm wrong
    No, 70M is correct, but at 58M for starters you only have 12M left over...

-4M for Ian = 8
    -3M for Green = 5

Got Orlando, Plumlee, and then next years 2 rookies ~2-3M

Now we have 2M left and we don't have a backup point guard yet. What about Lance? (maybe that's the same thing, but Lance gonna cost more than 2M)

There just isn't enough money to go around without hitting the luxury or letting someone go. Edit note: this already assumes we've let Tyler and DJA walk.
    Last edited by Dece; 01-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

The luxury tax threshold will probably increase by the 14-15 season, which is the season that any PG extension would kick in. It might only be 3M more, but that should give some more room.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

If Paul George is still putting 30 and 10 on Lebron's noggin when this all happens, you don't even worry about the luxury tax IMO.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

No, 70M is correct, but at 58M for starters you only have 12M left over...

-4M for Ian = 8
    -3M for Green = 5

Got Orlando, Plumlee, and then next years 2 rookies ~2-3M

Now we have 2M left and we don't have a backup point guard yet. What about Lance? (maybe that's the same thing, but Lance gonna cost more than 2M)

There just isn't enough money to go around without hitting the luxury or letting someone go. Edit note: this already assumes we've let Tyler and DJA walk.
    IMHO.....I think that Granger will be shopped in the offseason and ( my guess ) Hansbrough is being shopped now...all for the same reason Gay is being shopped and why Harden was eventually traded.....to not be in the LT when it comes time to pay PG ( and possibly Lance ) in the 2014-2015 season.

But the decision to go over the LT and/or keep Granger and/or West will be based off of how deep we go in this year's playoffs. If we get to the ECF....I think the argument could be made to go into the LT while making a concerted effort to keep both Granger and West. Anything short of that...and I think that we only keep one of Granger or West.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    OK doctor-h is ready to eat crow. Let me have it. Great win tonight. I really liked the way they played tonight. I just hope this becomes more of the norm. I said I hoped I was wrong about this team and I truly do. Nothing could make me happier than to kick the Knicks asses.
    Props for this post, doc-h.

This is a great, classy example of admitting wrong, and I respect you tremendously for it.

I hope I can be as gracious next time I need to eat crow.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: