Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 209

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

  1. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the thing that gets me is that just about every interaction I've had with you has been concerning Hibbert. On top of that below your name it reads "Trade Hibbert." It's not like he's missing wide open layups, he's missing tips where he's holding off a guy or two who weighs 240+ pounds while reaching up with one arm and tapping it toward the basket. If that was all he was doing for us I would understand. But we base our entire defense off of him and Mahinmi.

    He's anchoring a top 2 defense in the league. We just held a top 5 offensive team to 77 points, their lowest of the year. On side PnR or isolations, we stick our guy on an island and tell them to guard the middle of the floor. Against any other team in the league, LeWade goes ham and combines for 70 points with that kind of freedom. But they didn't score with all the open space they were given because if they move over there they're now trying to shoot over a minimum 6'11" player or drive around him with limited space. I'm frustrated with his low FG% as well, but when I look at what he does to our second chance opportunities and defense I don't really care.

    The fact is, they never really tried driving on us. Their offense became the Orlando Magic sans Dwight Howard. They were basically doing nothing but shooting long midrange jumpers and 3 pointers. The only reason the game wasn't a blowout was because Wade hit a third of his season's quota of 3 pointers with a trip to the ft line from the 3pt line to boot.
    Ok great, what does any of that have to do with his offensive play making me sad?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,942

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    With Atlanta losing tonight we are now essentially tied with them for 3rd in the East...3 games back of Miami and we've got February ready for that delicious home cooking.

    Sup bros.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #128
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,339

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    After MG's tweet last month about Paul beginning to believe like Neo fighting Agent Smith in the subway, I think this is fitting for what happened tonight:

    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  7. #129
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,942

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    I wish Paul would go ahead and tell us what his damn number is going to be next year so I can get his uni.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  9. #130

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Those cocky Pacers held the Heat to their lowest scoring game this season! LOL!!!!!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  11. #131

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish Paul would go ahead and tell us what his damn number is going to be next year so I can get his uni.
    LOL Languishing over this myself.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those cocky Pacers held the Heat to their lowest scoring game this season! LOL!!!!!!
    Without 2 starters essentially.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  14. #133
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok great, what does any of that have to do with his offensive play making me sad?
    I'm saying that when you consistently criticize a player, his contract, and his play both offensively and defensively...people tend to take it more negatively than just a face-value comment. I did, and I think it's fair to say others did as well judging by the responses.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 01-09-2013 at 12:18 AM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  16. #134

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    im late on this but
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:


  18. #135
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Actually I've never said a negative word about Hibbert's defensive play, ever. I've been critical of his inability to play more than 30 minutes a night, his offensive play, and the fact that he isn't worth his contract. Never his defensive play.

    Note that none of that was mentioned here, all that was said here was, "I feel bad for him." Which is really more of a positive, whether you take that as sympathy or empathy. If you want to continue having an argument with the words that aren't said, then more power to you, but I will just put you on ignore, no skin off my back.

    It's kind of funny, you guys always say guys like myself and V can never let something go, but the reality here is, you aren't letting me let it go. I didn't want to talk about his contract and how he's 25% overpaid. I didn't want to talk about anything negative at all. I just wanted to feel bad for him not being able to perform and celebrate Paul George stepping up when it was needed to get a win. You guys are the one who brought that negativity here. Look in the mirror.

    Roy Hibbert struggling so mightily offensively is making me sad. Talk to what I say and let me let it go. Or get ignored, I really don't care that much.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  20. #136
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually I've never said a negative word about Hibbert's defensive play, ever. I've been critical of his inability to play more than 30 minutes a night, his offensive play, and the fact that he isn't worth his contract. Never his defensive play.

    Note that none of that was mentioned here, all that was said here was, "I feel bad for him." Which is really more of a positive, whether you take that as sympathy or empathy. If you want to continue having an argument with the words that aren't said, then more power to you, but I will just put you on ignore, no skin off my back.

    It's kind of funny, you guys always say guys like myself and V can never let something go, but the reality here is, you aren't letting me let it go. I didn't want to talk about his contract and how he's 25% overpaid. I didn't want to talk about anything negative at all. I just wanted to feel bad for him not being able to perform and celebrate Paul George stepping up when it was needed to get a win. You guys are the one who brought that negativity here. Look in the mirror.

    Roy Hibbert struggling so mightily offensively is making me sad. Talk to what I say and let me let it go. Or get ignored, I really don't care that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG played better than I ever thought he was capable of. Big game.

    Took every bit of that big game to carry us with Hibbert putting up 6 points on 12 shots. I dunno, I'm excited we won, I'm thrilled PG is capable of more than I ever dreamed for him... and I'm just sad at this point watching Hibbert play on the offensive end of the floor.
    I won't comment on the defensive statement any further because I can't confirm the posts I'm thinking of are from you or not, but the ones I'm thinking of are regarding a defensive comparison of Marc Gasol and Roy Hibbert.

    As you continue to paraphrase you continue to get farther and farther away from your original point. Which was that Paul had a great game, and that we needed it to overcome Hibbert's shooting game. You did say you were sad watching him, but the overall tone from a perspective not your own was that it was a highly negative post about Hibbert. Like you say, we can only talk to what you say. We don't know what you meant, only what you write. And you never said you felt "bad for him" or sad for him. The "for" is an important word in this case, and I still feel what I initially posted was an appropriate response to your original message.

  21. #137
    Member DJVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,064

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Watched this game at work (illegally of course) and it got me so pumped up for my trip to the gym afterwards. Even my dad was enjoying the Heat getting their *** handed to them, and he never watches basketball anymore.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:


  23. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As you continue to paraphrase you continue to get farther and farther away from your original point. Which was that Paul had a great game, and that we needed it to overcome Hibbert's shooting game. You did say you were sad watching him, but the overall tone from a perspective not your own was that it was a highly negative post about Hibbert. Like you say, we can only talk to what you say. We don't know what you meant, only what you write. And you never said you felt "bad for him" or sad for him. The "for" is an important word in this case, and I still feel what I initially posted was an appropriate response to your original message.
    "I didn't even say Hibbert had a bad game fellas, I just said watching him miss so many shots and layups at this point has grown to the level of sadness. Not even mad at him anymore, I just feel bad for him." Direct quote bro. "NOT EVEN MAD AT HIM ANYMORE, I JUST FEEL BAD FOR HIM." Learn to read. Enjoy your meaningless argument. You are now on ignore.

  24. #139
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I didn't even say Hibbert had a bad game fellas, I just said watching him miss so many shots and layups at this point has grown to the level of sadness. Not even mad at him anymore, I just feel bad for him." Direct quote bro. "NOT EVEN MAD AT HIM ANYMORE, I JUST FEEL BAD FOR HIM." Learn to read. Enjoy your meaningless argument. You are now on ignore.
    lol apparently the point in discussion boards is to get together a bunch of people who agree with each other and discuss nothing.

    I didn't even think anything I posted was aggressive at all

  25. #140
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy Hibbert struggling so mightily offensively is making me sad. Talk to what I say and let me let it go. Or get ignored, I really don't care that much.
    I'm sad that you are sad. People really shouldn't be sad after such performances. Just appreciate what you have, my friend
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. #141

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Very good win.
    While Lance easily had one of his better games of the season, there came a point in the 4th where he took three step back jumpers in a row when Mike Miller was guarding him. Lance has come a long way in his decision making, but not attacking the basket was killing me. Same goes for his deep three that went in. So I guess my point is that I hope making a few shots doesn't change his decision making. Also, free throws, Lance, free throws.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:


  28. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sad that you are sad. People really shouldn't be sad after such performances. Just appreciate what you have, my friend
    I wanna buy you that jersey man. Still a great win and the best performance of Paul George's life, in my opinion. It's not all tears.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  30. #143
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't comment on the defensive statement any further because I can't confirm the posts I'm thinking of are from you or not, but the ones I'm thinking of are regarding a defensive comparison of Marc Gasol and Roy Hibbert.
    I can confirm that he never said a bad word about Roy's defense. He didn't complain about it. His argument was that Hibbert's D isn't that much better than Marc's to justify the similar contract that the two players have when you take into account Hibbert's offensive woes and Marc's solid offensive play.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. #144
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wanna buy you that jersey man. Still a great win and the best performance of Paul George's life, in my opinion. It's not all tears.
    It's good that it's not all tears. And seriously I'd like you to keep that jersey
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #145

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Great win. How about the bench giving us a big lift in the 2nd? What a role reversal from the playoffs!

  33. #146
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,924
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Right now when you search Paul George on Twitter, right underneath it says "related: kobe bryant."

    Kind of neat.+

    Capture.PNG
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  35. #147
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Regarding Hibbert's shooting. Those are his splits -> http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits...36/roy-hibbert

    Here it is:

    October: 46.2% (6-13)

    November: 37.8% (59-156)

    December: 40.7% (59-145)

    January: 44.4% (20-45)

    Season: 40.6% (141-347)

    October was just one game so you may want to include this one in November.

    Here's the result:

    October + November: 40.% (65-169)

    Hibbert seems to slowly but steadily raise his FG% since went away from him in the post.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  37. #148
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can confirm that he never said a bad word about Roy's defense. He didn't complain about it. His argument was that Hibbert's D isn't that much better than Marc's to justify the similar contract that the two players have when you take into account Hibbert's offensive woes and Marc's solid offensive play.
    Here's the thread I was thinking of, and it was a conversation between you and Dece.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...d-1-2-13/page8

    It may have been partly because of his man crush on Marc Gasol, but he was discounting Hibbert's ability on the defensive end entirely. Judging from that convo, you would have thought that the Grizzlies had won the game. Either way, my search told me that though he rarely says much negative about his defense, he never says anything positive.

  38. #149
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the thread I was thinking of, and it was a conversation between you and Dece.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...d-1-2-13/page8

    It may have been partly because of his man crush on Marc Gasol, but he was discounting Hibbert's ability on the defensive end entirely. Judging from that convo, you would have thought that the Grizzlies had won the game. Either way, my search told me that though he rarely says much negative about his defense, he never says anything positive.
    Yeah, I remember that convo

    I don't think that he was discounting Hibbert's ability on the defense end entirely. I just think that he was downplaying it in an effort to prove that his argument valid. That's also why he played the Glen Davis card and then reverted back on Hibbert's offensive woes.

    He repeated numerous times on how many points the Grizzlies scored in the paint but he never answered to me when I pointed the amount of shots that they attempted in our paint.

    And honestly, I was quite peeved that neither he or Justin took the time to answer with facts to the facts and videos that I posted in that thread. But it's ok. I cannot be petty about it.

    Overally, I don't think that he has a problem with Hibbert's defense. No one should. I just think that he is underestimating his defensive impact.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  39. #150
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,632

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Orlando Johnson acquitted himself well in his four minutes. It's a shame he's going to be losing out to Dom McGuire in the near future.
    I'm okay with that. Although I think that he will fill the same role that Young did....I doubt that McGuire remains with the Team beyond this season. OJ has a few seasons ( like Lance ) to prove himself.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Heat/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 05:05 PM
  2. Pacers/Heat postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
  3. Pacers vs Heat postgame thread
    By pacersgroningen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 01:13 AM
  5. Postgame thread Heat vs Pacers
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •