Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raptors fans totally whining their asses off.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Raptors fans totally whining their asses off.

I'll take McGrady over Half Man/Half Season anyday. The East lost because of missed freethrows.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everyone in the East that's b!+ch!ng should just gang up on McGrady. He's the selfish son-of-a-gun that gave the game away down the stretch. No wonder Orlando has the worst record in the NBA. ed:
    I don't get it. Wasn't his last play of the game a pass to Jermaine?
    If it was (don't remember) then the three straight no-pass plays before that were what I was referring to (from about the three-minute mark to the one-minute mark.) Also, I think the pass to Jermaine didn't exactly leave JO in position to do anything with the ball.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

flip

can't believe that anyone could honestly knock t-mac. ONE of the best players that now plays. no one has a great day everyday. if so, who may it be. as far as comparisons, i'd pick him over vince, and most others any day. is an all star pick, year after year..

[hey, if he can be this good with his eyes half closed, what would he be if his eyes were open ? just a joke. he's a premium player. ]

Yes he passed it to JO, but it was a bad pass and good D...nothing JO could have done about it there. And then the ball went off of the West. But of course, it was called for them.

And like I said before, if McGrady was so great, why couldn't he get his team out of a 19 game losing streak? The good players won't take losing like that.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sheesh people! McGrady is a great player! If your logic is going to be "he isn't great because his team lost 19 in a row" then I guess that J.O. , Ron, and Reggie aren't that great either because they lost 12 of 13 last season.

Things happen.

I agree that more than anything, free throws were the reason the East lost. And for cripes sake....its an ALL Star game!!!!! Noone really cares who won anyway. Especially not the players.

Now lets dance!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You guys wanna see some whining? Well here is some major *****ing all from insidehoops.com

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoo...ID=30229.topic
    ^
    The Official "Burn Carlisle" Thread

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoo...ID=30227.topic
    ^
    The Official "Dont Reply, Vince Got Screwed, That Is All" Thread

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoo...ID=30224.topic
    ^
    The Official "LEADING VOTE GETTER DOESNT PLAY 4th!!!" Thread

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoo...ID=30221.topic
    ^
    The Official "Carlisle has Artest And Jermaine Playing....." Thread

and heres a thread saying jermaine o'neal sabotages the east all star team....

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoo...ID=30223.topic
    ^
    Jermaine O'Neal : All Star Saboteur
    Makes you wonder how the heck these idiots even figure out how to turn on their PC, much less make a post. Are all Raptor fans complete freaking idiots.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

flip

Yes he passed it to JO, but it was a bad pass and good D...nothing JO could have done about it there. And then the ball went off of the West. But of course, it was called for them.

And like I said before, if McGrady was so great, why couldn't he get his team out of a 19 game losing streak? The good players won't take losing like that.

question, are you maybe saying that one good player can beat a five man team ?? if so, he beat my 5 man team, the pacers, on 12-17.
    damn, he must be better than i thought !!!

i'm still bettting on a 61 game win this yr. confidence hey.

mcgrady _is_ a much better player than jermaine oneal.. it's funny for you guys to talk about anyone being a homer.
    comparing a PF to a SG which is generally a pretty pointless endeavour.
    jermaine is one of the most consistant players in the league, on one of the best teams in the league. mcgrady is an excellent player, but somebody has to put up all those shots if nobody else will for the magic.

question, are you maybe saying that one good player can beat a five man team ?? if so, he beat my 5 man team, the pacers, on 12-17.
    damn, he must be better than i thought !!!

i'm still bettting on a 61 game win this yr. confidence hey.
    If he is a so called "great" player, then yes, he should. Great players find ways of winning, no matter what.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

jermaine took something pretty similar to that last year with a much much MUCH better supporting cast.

mcgrady _is_ a much better player than jermaine oneal.. it's funny for you guys to talk about anyone being a homer.
    Yes, the pacers lost 12 of 13 last year. But it wasn't because we sucked. We had soooo many problems last year, I don't need to mention them all since everyone knows. Trying to win with that going on is damn hard.

And just how is McGrady better than O'Neal? I'd like to hear your logic on this. First off, it's hard to compare 2 different positions, as sky has said. McGrady only shoots, thats all I've seen him do. O'Neal, shoots more consistently, rebounds, blocks shots, and plays very good defense.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

JO is a legit low post presence at both ends of the court. It amazes me how much people underestimate that. We haven't had a consitent legit low post presence in Indy since Mel Daniels. And that is much more valuable than a guard, even one of the best guards in the league. You can't measure JO's contribution to the game in stats, but he even puts up enormous stats as well.

This is the equivalent of comparing Patrick and Reggie circa 1994/5/6.

As for comparing JO's losing 12 of 13 to McGrady's 19 straight... those things happen for many various reasons. For the Pacers, it was numerous off-the-court family issues hitting the same time as Brad Miller's injury and when the coach lost control of Artest. For the Magic, I'm pretty sure it was just bad basketball, poor teamwork, and lousy coaching. JO's team was still made the playoffs. McGrady's team still has the worst record in the league. I don't see any way this comparison helps McGrady or hurts JO, who was playing with a knee injury and virtually no sleep from the horror of seeing his step-father right after he shot himself.

[size=9:d8dff255db]Every off-season, all I hear about is how great the Magic are going to be for the next season, so their roster can't be that much worse than the Pacers' can it?[/size]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I'm not saying TMac's not a better player. Just looking at the situation, I felt VC'd be a better fit with who was on the floor. Tracy's gotten used to being the only option this year, and his actions showed he was still in that mindset.

Still, I'm never one to blame a loss on one player, or one substitution. East played a good game, just couldn't pull it out in the end.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

=
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Anyone see the end of the Raptors/Bulls game tonight?

That's why Carter should've had the ball in his hands during the final seconds