Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 103

Thread: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

  1. #76
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know of any other way to really say it.

    He wasn't cleared to re-enter the Ravens game, but considering he was cleared to play against the Seahawks, I think it's safe to assume that had Andrews looked at him during the Ravens game, he would have been cleared to re-enter the game.
    But he didn't play the rest of the Ravens game technically. He had to leave the game.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-08-2013 at 03:24 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    He will not miss next season

  4. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    From ESPN News Schefter: Dr. James Andrews determined Griffin has complete tear of the patella graft that was used to repair his torn ACL in 2009, Andreews likely will usa a patella graft from Griffins other knee to repair the most recent tear. Stay tuned for more updates


    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...y-ready-opener

    The Associated Press, citing a source, reported that Wednesday's surgery is expected to last two hours.

    Griffin's recovery is projected at six to eight months, barring any setbacks, sources said. The rehabilitation plan will focus primarily on strengthening Griffin's quadriceps to help protect and help stabilize the knee, according to sources. The reconstruction of the LCL is considered a complication, but sources said Andrews informed the Redskins it should rehab well during the same six-to-eight-month time frame as the ACL injury.

    Under this projected time frame of surgery, recovery and rehab, Griffin should be able to participate at some level during training camp in August and be ready to open the season in September, according to the sources.
    Griffin thanked his fans for their support in a tweet Wednesday morning.

    "Thank you for your prayers and support. I love God, my family, my team, the fans, & I love this game. See you guys next season," he wrote.

    The NFL Network reported that, after looking at the game file, coach Mike Shanahan believes Griffin suffered his knee injury on the play before the errant snap where his knee gave out as he tried to plant his leg. On that penultimate play, Griffin was sacked by Seahawks defensive end Bruce Irvin.

  5. #79
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,833

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will not miss next season
    He may miss a few games though, depends on how he recovers. If he recovers like Adrian Peterson, he'll be fine.
    "We want Miami"

  6. #80
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,521

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    The NFL Network reported that, after looking at the game file, coach Mike Shanahan believes Griffin suffered his knee injury on the play before the errant snap where his knee gave out as he tried to plant his leg. On that penultimate play, Griffin was sacked by Seahawks defensive end Bruce Irvin.
    I will always question if the injury was properly diagnosed and treated when the leg went 'rag doll' back in week 14... but I'm not a doctor, I just have eyes.

    But regardless, RG3 was dragging that leg around for so long in the game Sunday that I'm doubting Shanahan's view that it happened the play before the errant snap is very accurate. IOW, I might be wrong but I think the odds are that Shanahan is wrong.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. #81
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    2 ACL tears to the same knee....not ideal. My understanding is that they cannot graft from the same patella twice so they will hve to get the new ligament from somewhere else.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 ACL tears to the same knee....not ideal. My understanding is that they cannot graft from the same patella twice so they will hve to get the new ligament from somewhere else.
    The crazy thing is both injuries came on a scramble. No clue if his injury at Baylor came on a QB scramble. Yet we still have idiots here blabbing all over sports radio blaming the option

    From ESPN News Schefter: Dr. James Andrews determined Griffin has complete tear of the patella graft that was used to repair his torn ACL in 2009, Andreews likely will usa a patella graft from Griffins other knee to repair the most recent tear. Stay tuned for more updates

  9. #83

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He may miss a few games though, depends on how he recovers. If he recovers like Adrian Peterson, he'll be fine.
    Difference is that its the same knee as the previous ACL tear and he's not AP. If they want to keep the same style of offense and be effective early on then I don't think he should start the season. Why risk it?

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The crazy thing is both injuries came on a scramble. No clue if his injury at Baylor came on a QB scramble. Yet we still have idiots here blabbing all over sports radio blaming the option

    From ESPN News Schefter: Dr. James Andrews determined Griffin has complete tear of the patella graft that was used to repair his torn ACL in 2009, Andreews likely will usa a patella graft from Griffins other knee to repair the most recent tear. Stay tuned for more updates
    I am just going to go out on a limb here and say a person who runs an option style offense will take unnecessary risks on scramble as well.

    IT goes back to doing too much in unnecessary situations which gets you hurt in the NFL. If I was a redskins fan I would want to keep him in the pocket and have him throw it away more than trying to make something at out nothing.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-09-2013 at 11:18 AM.

  10. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Difference is that its the same knee as the previous ACL tear and he's not AP. If they want to keep the same style of offense and be effective early on then I don't think he should start the season. Why risk it?
    He is actually younger then AP.

    I actually agree with taking their time. Especially if he has ANY setbacks.

    That said, medicine advances so quickly. When I was all messed up in 04 I was shocked how quickly athletes recovered (and I was a bum HS track runner). Working with friends who ran track in college, I was shocked how far medicine advanced in 4-6 years. ANd again, none of them were pro athletes

  11. #85

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is actually younger then AP.

    I actually agree with taking their time. Especially if he has ANY setbacks.

    That said, medicine advances so quickly. When I was all messed up in 04 I was shocked how quickly athletes recovered (and I was a bum HS track runner). Working with friends who ran track in college, I was shocked how far medicine advanced in 4-6 years. ANd again, none of them were pro athletes
    I think his age will help but the difference is that AP has legs like a rhino which can protect him and strengthen his knee from instability. Thats the difference I see. OF course RG3 is used less than a RB but I would wait since muscle fatigue can play a roll in tearing it again.

    Thats why NOT running the option is a good idea since muscle fatigue and knee ligament injuries are somewhat related. The other thing I would do is get rid of the grass field and have him run on turf.

    Cousins is not a bad option so why force a guy back from his second ACL tear in less than 5 years?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  13. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Difference is that its the same knee as the previous ACL tear and he's not AP. If they want to keep the same style of offense and be effective early on then I don't think he should start the season. Why risk it?


    I am just going to go out on a limb here and say a person who runs an option style offense will take unnecessary risks on scramble as well.

    IT goes back to doing too much in unnecessary situations which gets you hurt in the NFL. If I was a redskins fan I would want to keep him in the pocket and have him throw it away more than trying to make something at out nothing.
    1. I agree, he needs to learn to slide and not be a hero for an extra yard or two.

    2. I agree, see point 1.

    3. I would love him in the pocket, but I am ok with him taking off, and even the ocoasional option play (which he suffered one injury from, and then he learned to slide or get the hell out of bounds).

    4. It is great to say throw the ball away more, but running QB's are never going to do that when they have a wide open lane they can easily run through for big yardage. Again, he just needs to learn to slide..

  14. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Drafting Captain Kirk looks brilliant right about now

  15. #88
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is actually younger then AP.
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...s-vikings-back

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. James Andrews
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "He has defied all odds. Somebody asked me about him a bunch of different times with all he's been able to accomplish. My pat answer is, "If you operate on the right athlete, it makes you look pretty darn good as a physician." Adrian was that genetic athlete who could do what he's done. There are a few I've treated. One of them was Bo Jackson. Bo was a natural athlete. He didn't have to lift weights growing up. Adrian Peterson is like that."

    "We say we have 90 to 90-plus percent success with (knee) surgeries (in non-NFL cases). But we're talking about playing in the NFL. It's not 90 percent, believe me."
    Andrews basically thinks Peterson is a freak. I hope RGIII is too but I wouldn't bank on his recovery based on what Peterson did.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  17. #89
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drafting Captain Kirk looks brilliant right about now
    Does it?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    HUH?

    Why wouldnt it? He has looked good (granted limited) and if he comes out looking good he either created a QB controversy (good) or he is trade bait (also good). Worst case RG3 cant come back, we suck, and we get a good pick.

    I dont see get your question

  19. #91
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Tough to give the management of a team that just trotted their franchise QB out to be lion food credit for anything IMO. Saying Cousins looks like a brilliant decision because RGIII just tore up his knee is a bit like saying thank God I overpaid for auto insurance on my Kia Sephia after you total somebody's Ferrari while you are valet parking it.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Why cant it be your Ferrari?

    I actually blame Shanny less then I blame RG3 the more I have time to think about it.

    But regardless my point is still the same.

    I am glad we have Cousins and not sexy Rexy......

  21. #93

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why cant it be your Ferrari?

    I actually blame Shanny less then I blame RG3 the more I have time to think about it.

    But regardless my point is still the same.

    I am glad we have Cousins and not sexy Rexy......
    Which goes back to the point of why certain Colt fans believed that Luck was the safer pick.

    If I am a Redskins fan right now I would be concerned that the Redskins FO hasn't learned their lesson here. Even the Dr. gave a pretty unbelievable time table for his return so now there is an expectation that RG3 will be ready come next fall.

  22. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Really, I thought it was because Luck was smarter and better at everything?

    Something tells me all learned their lesson here. Snyder may be impatient, but he is not stupid. Its also not like RG3 is the first athlete to play through a major injury. Like I said, the Redskins FO (and coaches) are going to have a different approach. Or they will have a new job.

    Also, who are you to say the expectation in unbelievable. I will take a doctors word (especially one who is considered in such high regard as Dr. D) on the recovery. Especially since RG3 will be getting world class rehab and treatment.

  23. #95

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really, I thought it was because Luck was smarter and better at everything?.
    It is possible to be both the safer pick and the better player.

  24. #96
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why cant it be your Ferrari?

    I actually blame Shanny less then I blame RG3 the more I have time to think about it.

    But regardless my point is still the same.

    I am glad we have Cousins and not sexy Rexy......
    I disagree that I blame RG3 over Shanahan. He had to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to see that RG3 shouldn't have been out there, arguably 2-3 games ago. RG3 was a competitive athlete, you don't trust an athlete to diagnose himself. Shanny had all the information and visual evidence he needed to pull the plug on RG3 and he didn't. Shanahan is the boss, not RG3.

    I do agree though that drafting Cousins was a smart decision. I've been hinting at this all year, but I think Cousins is a better long-term solution than RG3. Most people still think I'm crazy, but I think more than a few might be starting to realize what I'm getting at there.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  25. #97

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Snyder may be impatient, but he is not stupid.
    He may be an excellent businessman, but when it comes to running a football team, well, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Just look back on all the FA signings he wrote the checks for.

    He might be right up there with Al Davis for FA fiascos.

  26. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    I dont think anyone would deny he thought he was playing fantasy football.

    Thank God he finally woke up and hired Bruce Allen

  27. #99

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think anyone would deny he thought he was playing fantasy football.

    Thank God he finally woke up and hired Bruce Allen
    Similar to when Jimmy realized he couldn't run a team and brought in Polian. Now, if Jerry Jones would figure it out ............

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  29. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RG3 Was Never Cleared By Dr to Re-enter Wk 15 Game after knee injury

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Similar to when Jimmy realized he couldn't run a team and brought in Polian. Now, if Jerry Jones would figure it out ............
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!! You take that back!!!!!!

    jerry is doing a great job!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 10:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 11:30 PM
  4. Judge who cleared way for teens to enter NBA dies [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
  5. Mavs' Howard cleared to practice after wrist injury [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •