Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 offseason

Default Re: 2013 offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My plan for the offseason would be to sign two high level O-lineman, preferably at guard. Target Tracy Porter, I know some have said DRC but I think Porter plays more aggressive and is better against the run. Look to grab an OLB through free agency possibly Conner Barwin or Paul Kruger.

In the draft I would not mind targeting a safety, and there are few that might be around when we draft Kenny Vaccaro from Texas, he is pretty good all around, coverage, run support, but lacks picks, or we could grab a guy through free agency, but there are not many, and I am thinking a fresh guy that Pagano could mold would be great. If we can not get Vaccaro then I would wait around and take a chance on Ray Ray Armstrong in the 6th, he has a tremendous ceiling, has UMiami roots, and seems like a Pagano type guy.

Other guys I would not mind targeting in the draft:
    3-4 positions

Dion Jordan OLB
    Alec Ogletree ILB
    Sheldon Richardson DE
    Johnathan Cooper RG
    Barrett Jones C/G/T
    Barkevious Mingo OLB
    Chance Warmack RG

Possible players(depending on workouts)
    Ezikel Ansah DE/OLB
    Anthony Barr OLB
    I agree with you on Ray Ray. Should def get this guy.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

O-Line is a glaring need. The other big need are guys that can get pressure on the QB. I think Chapman will get it done, but the Colts need more. Freeney is gone. Mathis is getting up there in age....

Safety is probably the 3rd biggest need.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That Donald Brown fella, is he rather injury prone?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like San Diego has hired Telesco as their new GM. Link coming...

http://www.wthr.com/story/20545095/c...hargers-new-gm

Posted: Jan 09, 2013 2:28 PM EST
    Updated: Jan 09, 2013 2:32 PM EST

Colts' Telesco to be named Chargers' new GM

SAN DIEGO - Tom Telesco, the Indianapolis Colts vice president of football operations, has been named the new general manager of the San Diego Chargers.

The Chargers are expected to make an official announcement at 4:00 pm. Telesco will replace fired general manager A.J. Smith. Telesco beat out Jimmy Raye, the Chargers' director of player personnel.

Telesco was promoted to vice president of football operations in 2012, and worked in the Colts organization for 14 years.

His first task with the Chargers will be to help select a new coach to replace Norv Turner, who was fired along with Smith on Dec. 31 after the Chargers missed the playoffs for the third straight season.

The move is raising speculation that Telesco may offer the job to Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. Arians led the rookie-heavy Colts team to 11-5 this season (9-3 in Head Coach Chuck Pagano's absence while he battled leukemia).

Arians, 60, is expected to interview for head coaching jobs with the Bears, Eagles and Browns. He missed the Colts' playoff appearance last Sunday in Baltimore after an illness. He was discharged from a Baltimore hospital Monday, according to reports, but checked back into hospital upon returning to Indianapolis for an inner ear condition, NBC Sports said.
    Last edited by travmil; 01-09-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added link

6. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

RWB

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You are confused, that was actually one of the best overall games they had all year, the were more consistent in that game putting drives together throughout the game than any time this season. If it was not for the drops they would have won.

And do you mean neither is Donald Brown? I don't agree with the focus part, typically atleast with my experience even though you are tired late, when the game is on the line your adrenaline is pumping and you tend to focus better in key moments.

I will say that everyone is different and we are but just stating our opinions but the only way we would know would be to ask Ballard... anyone know if he has a twitter?
    Same for the Jets game, they couldn't score in either game. You can drive the ball down the field, but if you don't score touchdowns, that's not a good offensive performance
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fixing the offensive line is obviously the number 1 priority. But I also think we should look at adding a receiver after watching all of the butter-finger botched catches on Sunday. Wayne was great this season, but what if age finally catches up with him next year? I think it's more likely than not that he has another 1000+ yard season, but it wouldn't be the biggest shock ever if father time finally slowed him down a bit. It's going to happen sometime. Thank God he was great this year because zeroing in on him was crucial for Luck. But it would also be nice to add a receiver who is a bit younger that can grow with Luck over the next several years. I like Hilton a lot, but Avery can be unreliable.

I agree with those who say we should explore getting another running back. I like Ballard, but we should still look to improve the position. The better running game we have, the more dangerous Luck can be.

What a tremendous season. Hats off to our GM and excellent coaching staff for the superb job they did. I hope we don't have a letdown season in 2013 a la Lions this year, but I don't think we will. I look for Luck to make tremendous improvements next year after an off-season of looking at film, working with receivers, and just getting better. It just kind of sucks that there is a very good chance he will have to get used to a new offensive coordinator next season.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    The move is raising speculation that Telesco may offer the job to Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. Arians led the rookie-heavy Colts team to 11-5 this season (9-3 in Head Coach Chuck Pagano's absence while he battled leukemia).

Arians, 60, is expected to interview for head coaching jobs with the Bears, Eagles and Browns. He missed the Colts' playoff appearance last Sunday in Baltimore after an illness. He was discharged from a Baltimore hospital Monday, according to reports, but checked back into hospital upon returning to Indianapolis for an inner ear condition, NBC Sports said.
    I'd be shocked if Arians doesn't take the Charger job and yes Telesco will be asking. Actually at least they can get it over quick so the Colts will have a better selection if they do bring in someone else other than Clyde C.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I'd be shocked if Arians doesn't take the Charger job. And yes Telesco will be asking.
    Yeah, I think Arians is gone. What he did this year in those circumstances is way too impressive for him to start next season without a head coaching gig.

Too bad Telesco had to leave
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Same for the Jets game, they couldn't score in either game. You can drive the ball down the field, but if you don't score touchdowns, that's not a good offensive performance
    No it wasn't we were 3-11 on 3rd downs and did not even have 300 yds, we also gave away the ball 4 times and we could not put any drives together, this game we had more than 400 yds, only 2 turnovers and were 9-20 on 3rd downs which is extremely good, matter of fact that would have been second highest in the league if we averaged that all year.
    Why so SERIOUS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

No it wasn't we were 3-11 on 3rd downs and did not even have 300 yds, we also gave away the ball 4 times and we could not put any drives together, this game we had more than 400 yds, only 2 turnovers and were 9-20 on 3rd downs which is extremely good, matter of fact that would have been second highest in the league if we averaged that all year.

Yeah, this wasn't like the Jets game at all. We were never in the Jets game and pretty much got the crap kicked out of us from start to finish. But this Ravens game was so damn frustrating because we had so many opportunities. Several good drives where we got far but had to settle for three points or no points at all (Vinny miss and a Luck fumble on about the 30 when it was 3rd and 5). When push came to shove, we just couldn't score touchdowns and you have to score touchdowns if you want to win playoff games.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, this wasn't like the Jets game at all. We were never in the Jets game and pretty much got the crap kicked out of us from start to finish. But this Ravens game was so damn frustrating because we had so many opportunities. Several good drives where we got far but had to settle for three points or no points at all (Vinny miss and a Luck fumble on about the 30 when it was 3rd and 5). When push came to shove, we just couldn't score touchdowns and you have to score touchdowns if you want to win playoff games.
    Yes... we'd never have a Lombardi trophy in Indy if that wasn't true. Those Manning TD's against the Ravens propelled us to our sole SB win. Oh wait.... nevermind... Darned outliers...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Link below explains the Colts 2013 cap situation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...cap-situations

Kuharsky is dead on the money when he says Colts need to be careful how they approach next years signings. The cap floor will require them to spend a minimum dollar amount (88% of the cap ??) and do so in a way that doesn't limit future flexibility while at the same time plugging numerous holes.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do a front loaded deal with McAfee and maybe a front loaded extension (assuming rules allow) of Davis in order create some flexibility for a future "splash" signing once the roster depth issues get addressed.

Also here is the link to PFF's 2013 FA list.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...gency-tracker/

There are some Colts on that list with pretty poor ratings who got a lot of playing time in 2012.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

I think the defense helped a lot with some key stops and forcing rare turnovers. I know what you are saying but in my opinion it was a bad offensive day
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

I think the defense helped a lot with some key stops and forcing rare turnovers. I know what you are saying but in my opinion it was a bad offensive day
    Yeah defense played really key in that game, especially early, stopping Baltimore consistently on 3rd downs, we had a couple of big let downs on defense as well, things I think will be easily fixed in the future.

Next year I know the offense will look good, but it will be interesting to see how the defense comes along, with the right moves I think we could be pretty good.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post

There are some Colts on that list with pretty poor ratings who got a lot of playing time in 2012.
    Thanks for the link!!!
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post

These guys are underrating our receiving corps big time.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Yeah defense played really key in that game, especially early, stopping Baltimore consistently on 3rd downs, we had a couple of big let downs on defense as well, things I think will be easily fixed in the future.

Next year I know the offense will look good, but it will be interesting to see how the defense comes along, with the right moves I think we could be pretty good.
    I think Grigson will sign some defensive players in free agency and get some nice draft picks
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

I think Grigson will sign some defensive players in free agency and get some nice draft picks
    Yeah I am thinking Kruger or Barwin will be a Colt next year, whichever we can get at the better deal. If it were me I would go for Barwin since he is in our division, take away one of Houstons weapons and use it against them.
    Why so SERIOUS

Yeah I am thinking Kruger or Barwin will be a Colt next year, whichever we can get at the better deal. If it were me I would go for Barwin since he is in our division, take away one of Houstons weapons and use it against them.
    We may get Tracy Porter from Denver
    Smothered Chicken!

Just saw this also:

The Colts led the league in drops on 3rd down with 20. 20 drops on 170 attempts was also the league's highest percentage at 11.8%. T.Y. Hilton had 6 drops on 28 passes which was good enough for the highest dropped ball percentage in the league on 3rd down. Donnie Avery dropped 3rd down passes 5 times in 37 attempts. The two least reliable 3rd down WR's in the NFL this year.

But yes, our WR corps was vastly underrated.

Seriously though, this makes our 7th ranked 3rd down conversion rate all the more impressive in my eyes.

-Lance Stephenson

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Just saw this also:

The Colts led the league in drops on 3rd down with 20. 20 drops on 170 attempts was also the league's highest percentage at 11.8%. T.Y. Hilton had 6 drops on 28 passes which was good enough for the highest dropped ball percentage in the league on 3rd down. Donnie Avery dropped 3rd down passes 5 times in 37 attempts. The two least reliable 3rd down WR's in the NFL this year.

But yes, our WR corps was vastly underrated.

Seriously though, this makes our 7th ranked 3rd down conversion rate all the more impressive in my eyes.
    Our QB is pretty good. So is our number 1 WR. Damn.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd bet Dwayne Allen had a hand in that, too.

But outside of Wayne, Hilton and Allen, this team seems to drop off pretty rapidly. Donnie Avery has his moments.... both good and bad.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Our QB is pretty good. So is our number 1 WR. Damn.
    No question.

When you throw in the nugget that if you doubled the 123 times that Peyton was pressured this year, you'd still be 43 behind Andrew Luck, it's pretty amazing that people think he's somehow worse than either RGIII or Russell Wilson. They're both very good players. But Luck is something else. QB pressure and drops were the story of the season. He basically got no help from his line, running game, and 2/3 of his wide receivers all season. And yet the Colts still won 11 games. If he's not in the top-5 QB group within 2 years, I'll be very surprised.

-Lance Stephenson

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Been sayin' it all along.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.