Thread: TNT is driving me crazy

Default TNT is driving me crazy

We have missed maybe 6 or 7 baskets because the idiots at TNT cut away from live action.

Why do they always have to show on camera the player who just made a basket. They always show a closeup of the player who just made a basket. What do they think we don't know who just scored?

Default Re: TNT is driving me crazy

The TNT coverage has been pretty awful throughout the weekend IMO.

Sports Logo

We have missed maybe 6 or 7 baskets because the idiots at TNT cut away from live action.

Why do they always have to show on camera the player who just made a basket. They always show a closeup of the player who just made a basket. What do they think we don't know who just scored?

I ***** about that all the time. Thats one of the main reasons I prefer watching the games on league pass. I cant stand watching TNT games when Allen Iversons mom is in the audience because it seems to me they spend more time on her than on the game.

P.S. My wife says that my son is going to think that one of the announcers is called show the game because I am always yelling show the game idiot when I am watching a TNT/TBS/ESPN/ABC game.

And then in the 4th quarter, we totally miss Shaq's coast to coast dunk because they have some stupid graphic covering the whole screen about the leading vote getters

And then in the 4th quarter, we totally miss Shaq's coast to coast dunk because they have some stupid graphic covering the whole screen about the leading vote getters
    Watched the HD feed of the game. Totally different broadcast, with the only hoop missed (that I recall) being JO's dunk(?) after Shaq's dunk.

No Craig Sager or any other sideline/celeb interviews. No complaints about missing those......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Craig Sager should be fined for that interview of Half-player, half-imposter.

That was total crap.

TNT should be ashamed.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How about this....the MTV/Disney produced half-time shows should be dropped and the networks go back to actually reporting on the game and the league at halftime??? Should be done in the NFL too. The shows are so canned and faked they aren't entertaining anyway. If I wanted and extravaganza I would go to DisneyWOrld and watch them parade down Main Street. Or fly into NY and watch a Broadway musical.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

How about this....the MTV/Disney produced half-time shows should be dropped and the networks go back to actually reporting on the game and the league at halftime??? Should be done in the NFL too. The shows are so canned and faked they aren't entertaining anyway. If I wanted and extravaganza I would go to DisneyWOrld and watch them parade down Main Street. Or fly into NY and watch a Broadway musical.

I could not agree more, but it is too late, things are too far along.

I was trying to think back to when it all started, I think the Orange Bowl of the mid 80's started with the halftime shows. Slowly but surely it has gotten worse.

Now the NBA Finals have halftime entertainment, that started in 2001

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watched the HD feed of the game. Totally different broadcast, with the only hoop missed (that I recall) being JO's dunk(?) after Shaq's dunk.

No Craig Sager or any other sideline/celeb interviews. No complaints about missing those......
    Agreed - the HD feed was great - I hope they show the playoffs in HD w/different broadcasters. The guys on HD seemed to be more game centered while the group on the regular coverage were more interested in who was in the crowd than the players. I thought Rex Chapman was good - it took me a while to figure out who he was, but his insight into what it was like to play with Kidd during his early years and how he has improved was interesting.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin