Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 1/5/13

About time we beat this Fbucking team!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buck fans in RealGM are calling for the tank since last year.
    I don't think its just Realgm ers though. When I was doing the pregame email for G2, I found an translated interview that Ilyasova gave a Turkish site, where it sounds like he has some frustration with the team constantly picking up too many guys who play his position.... I think there might be some fire to that smoke.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    It's true that a lot of his points were on putbacks. So? That's a big part of what he's been missing.

If he'd hit two more putbacks a game so far this year, nobody would be complaining about his scoring.
    Exactly. But quite frankly, as a featured part of the offense, Hibbert's efficiency and FG% are very disappointing. So, from my perspective at least, his means of getting points tonight is exactly what he should be doing. Using him only when he is wide open and having him crash the boards for put backs will yield a much better efficiency and FG%.

He needs to do whatever will cause our opponent to have to pay more attention to him, thus further enabling West, George and Hill, and Granger upon his return. Crashing the boards seems like a great way of getting that accomplished. He won't be as successful every game as he was this game, but again, anything that draws more attention from the opposition will yield great results for the team.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I don't think its just Realgm ers though. When I was doing the pregame email for G2, I found an translated interview that Ilyasova gave a Turkish site, where it sounds like he has some frustration with the team constantly picking up too many guys who play his position.... I think there might be some fire to that smoke.
    Interesting. They certainly have some problems as a team and Ilyasova has a point.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Good game to bounce back after a disappointing loss to the Celtics yesterday. They didn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    He probably doesn't remember exactly how it all went down, though.
    I'm just surprised he was able to fit into all of his clothing.

Have you noticed that our team at times is actually fun to watch.

I know that sounds odd but at the end of the day even some of those great 90's teams took a little to much pride in being a veteran no showtime fundamental team.

I love the fact that our young guys get out & run and now put on a show when they can. I know Lance sometimes has to give Frank ulcers but at the end of the day man that guy is only behind Mark Jackson & Jamaal Tinsley when it comes to being creative with the ball while dribbling. That behind the back pass hit West in the only spot it would work. That lead bounce pass to Hill between the Bucks was something else as well.

But it goes beyond Lance, it seems every single one of our team is trying to get in on the act and they are really trying to get West an alley oop play. Who wants to take odds that we see a Stephenson/West alley oop play before the year is over?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really happy with how we are playing at home. Right up there with NYK and Miami in terms of being good at home.

Just a general thought that has been with me all season, but one of the reasons I am not worried about the adjustment when Danny returns is that this team is just begging for a spot up jump shooter in between Paul George and David West. You give Danny all the open looks that Sam Young and Gerald Green have been getting and it is going to be an easy low pressure and low impact (in terms of physical demand) way to integrate Danny back into the offense.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    Me clapping my hands together once do not make a rhythm. That being said I know that as he and Paul go, so do we. So lets go
    True. Let's hope he can build off of this game...

Really good game from our side. Stellar defense. And we are about to see some hockey action. Just good 24 hours.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone know where I can see the crossover Lance gave Beno?
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

I'd love for Hibbert to simply give us low double figures in points where half of them come off putbacks. Means he's active on the offensive boards - always a good thing. I'm even more enthused about the total rebound and block numbers. That type of activity/energy is what we need from Roy consistently more than anything.

That said, it is worth questioning the influence of the type of interior guys Milwaukee runs out there. Long, athletic, but also thinner and not as physically strong as Boston's primary trio from the night before that manhandled us pretty well. We've got to prove we can stand up to that type of physicality as well.

But, overall, very happy with our energy and resilience in this one compared to the debacle in Beantown. There were some moments, such as Bucks quickly erasing our halftime lead, where we could have gotten down again, but we stayed in there.

Having GH back certainly doesn't hurt either. Sign me up for OJ, Young and whoever else for a test run of Green's minutes. Guy hits an early three and you think, okay now he's going to bust out of the alleged slump. Certainly last year's 3 % means he's eventually going to improve and stabilize as that's his forté. But, alas, it still winds up 1 for 7. If he ever did find his shot, man would it be a boost.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I am so afraid Lances cute play will not work in the second unit and it will make him look horrible when green or other botch his passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Interesting. They certainly have some problems as a team and Ilyasova has a point.
    Ilyasova would be a great pickup. only makes $8M a year, so he fits into the salary slot the pacers need. Wonder what the Bucks really want for him? Reading some of the forums, it sounds like a bag of ball and a sack of chips. Others want Rudy Gay. So it is hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

Ilyasova would be a great pickup. only makes $8M a year, so he fits into the salary slot the pacers need. Wonder what the Bucks really want for him? Reading some of the forums, it sounds like a bag of ball and a sack of chips. Others want Rudy Gay. So it is hard to tell.
    Ilyasova had a really good year last season, and I was a fan of his. Makes me wonder if now it wasn't one of those "it's a contract year playing thing". Still even at that I wouldn't mind having him, but 8 mil is too steep for his play this year.

Mozgov is a b/u Center I would be interested in acquiring. Denver has too many Centers. I wonder if he might be available?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Ilyasova had a really good year last season, and I was a fan of his. Makes me wonder if now it wasn't one of those "it's a contract year playing thing". Still even at that I wouldn't mind having him, but 8 mil is too steep for his play this year.

Mozgov is a b/u Center I would be interested in acquiring. Denver has too many Centers. I wonder if he might be available?
    I know that Pendegraph has been playing ahead of Plumlee in the rotation....but I suspect that Plumlee is getting the same treatment as OJ was....Vogel wants experience on the floor for now.

Why throw in another Center to the mix when we have Miles waiting in the wings?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    My impression about Ilyasova is that he mainly wants to get paid. I don't think that we could afford him. We could use him for the playoff run, though. Just like we did with Barbosa.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'd love Mozgov but we have depth at the Center position. Mahinmi is a good b/u and Miles is waiting to get minutes and produce as well. Denver has 3 7 fters but we have 3 7fters as well (well, Ian and Miles are closer to 6'11 but you get the point).

I think that our depth at the C position is good.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Who wants to take odds that we see a Stephenson/West alley oop play before the year is over?
    I'll take that bet on that it won't happen. Lance might want to, but West won't have any part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Really happy with how we are playing at home. Right up there with NYK and Miami in terms of being good at home.

Just a general thought that has been with me all season, but one of the reasons I am not worried about the adjustment when Danny returns is that this team is just begging for a spot up jump shooter in between Paul George and David West. You give Danny all the open looks that Sam Young and Gerald Green have been getting and it is going to be an easy low pressure and low impact (in terms of physical demand) way to integrate Danny back into the offense.
    Every game that we play the more and more I think it might be smarter to bring Granger off the bench. The first unit has a good mixture to start the game, then a few minutes into the game you bring in Granger and you get a second boost.

I don't know why, but PGs not getting calls. He needs to accept it and quit *****ing. He's letting it get to his head.

I'd love Mozgov but we have depth at the Center position. Mahinmi is a good b/u and Miles is waiting to get minutes and produce as well. Denver has 3 7 fters but we have 3 7fters as well (well, Ian and Miles are closer to 6'11 but you get the point).

I think that our depth at the C position is good.

The thing with Plumjam is he's a project with no experience. Mozgov has been in the league 3-4 years. Walsh when at NY originally signed him.

Mahinmi doesn't have the bulk Mozgov has, but Mahinmi is quicker.

It would take a trade, and I'm not sure the Pacers have a bench player/players Denver would want. Green's salary fits for those that want to get rid of Green. I had orginally thought about a trade using Pendergraph, but he only makes half of Mozgov's salary.

I'll be a Pacers homer and suggest a Green and DJ trade for Mozgov and Miller trade. I'd throw in a 2nd as a sweetner.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know that Pendegraph has been playing ahead of Plumlee in the rotation....but I suspect that Plumlee is getting the same treatment as OJ was....Vogel wants experience on the floor for now.

Why throw in another Center to the mix when we have Miles waiting in the wings?

Simple. Plumlee is a project with no experience, and Mozgov has been a starter in the past. Heaven forbid this to happen, but if Hibbert gets hurt you need a player like Mozgov to be able to play. Can up imagine playing in the playoffs with Mahinmi starting and Plumjam and Pendergraph the b/u? To me that's not a pleasant thought!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I'll take that bet on that it won't happen. Lance might want to, but West won't have any part of it.

Every game that we play the more and more I think it might be smarter to bring Granger off the bench. The first unit has a good mixture to start the game, then a few minutes into the game you bring in Granger and you get a second boost.
    If the Boston and Atl game showed me anything it's that we NEED another consistent scorer with our starters. PG is too inconsistent and West is starting to slow a bit after us riding him earlier I'm the season

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    Anyone know where I can see the crossover Lance gave Beno?
    Found it, it was DJ who crossed Beno over but Beno looked to trip on Ian's foot.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    If the Boston and Atl game showed me anything it's that we NEED another consistent scorer with our starters. PG is too inconsistent and West is starting to slow a bit after us riding him earlier I'm the season
    If they aren't scoring then you bring him in sooner rather than later, if they are scoring then you wait. There you go simple easy obvious solution to that problem. The only problem with bringing Granger off the bench would be if Vogel actually used him as a bench player, instead of using him as a starter who just happens to start the game on the bench. A player can still average 36 minutes coming off the bench, and can still play the majority of his minutes with the starters if need be. Bringing that kind of player off the bench though gives you some tactical advantage and flexibility during games though.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post: