Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 1/5/13

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 1/5/13

There's nothing wrong with Sam Young. In fact, I think he's a keeper, especially if he continues to get small contracts. Its Gerald Green that I'd want OJ to replace...Greens looked pretty ugly most of the season I think.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Roy was great on the boards and on defense. But I'm not sure he really turned it around offensively. From my perspective, it looked like a good portion of his points were from putbacks. He was also the beneficiary of a few good passes to get some open looks. But I didn't see anything to say his post-up game is back.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I like how OJ takes it to the rim.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy was great on the boards and on defense. But I'm not sure he really turned it around offensively. From my perspective, it looked like a good portion of his points were from putbacks. He was also the beneficiary of a few good passes to get some open looks. But I didn't see anything to say his post-up game is back.
    He hit some post shots but most of his points were indeed off of put backs and good passes that got him some open looks.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Paul George is rubbing off on Lance. Lance is very active and does not let his opponent to get the position on the court that they want.
    Great point. Another thing... I was surprised at how vocal Lance was on the court. Somebody who sits courtside would have to confirm, but it seems from watching the Pacers feed that Lance is far more verbal on both offense and defense than he was at the beginning of the year. Paul George has been good at this for a while; I wonder if he's rubbing off there as well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Boston did us a favor and beat Atlanta, which means that we're only 1 game out of the 3rd slot in the conference.
    That's amazing. I wouldn't have thought it possible.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    No doubt OJ is a good slasher.

wait.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Roy was great on the boards and on defense. But I'm not sure he really turned it around offensively. From my perspective, it looked like a good portion of his points were from putbacks.
    It's true that a lot of his points were on putbacks. So? That's a big part of what he's been missing.

If he'd hit two more putbacks a game so far this year, nobody would be complaining about his scoring.

Enjoy your time at PD!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I only got to watch the second half, so I don't know what the first was like. But the Bucks came out in the second half on a mission, and they quickly caught up and pulled ahead. When Paul George threw that awful pass and Monta/Jennings started going to the other end, I thought we were in trouble. But Lance charged in, tipped it to himself, drove the lane, passed behind his back to DWest, and we never looked back.

That play was really a momentum-changer; great job Lance.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I only got to watch the second half, so I don't know what the first was like. But the Bucks came out in the second half on a mission, and they quickly caught up and pulled ahead. When Paul George threw that awful pass and Monta/Jennings started going to the other end, I thought we were in trouble. But Lance charged in, tipped it to himself, drove the lane, passed behind his back to DWest, and we never looked back.

That play was really a momentum-changer; great job Lance.
    This works out perfectly because I only got to watch the first half! Haha. They were very even in the first half I thought - Ellis went on fire in the 2nd quarter and kept the Bucks in it but otherwise I thought our guys outworked the Bucks and played more cohesively as a unit.

Great game Roy!
    Good to see EFFORT on offensive glass. Should get 4-6 pts a game just off of put backs.

6 turnovers from Paul. UGH. 9 boards and 4 assists was really good though.

Lance is getting better and better. If Danny can get back to 100% before the end of the season, we could be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    He has great balance after taking contact. It's an elite talent and probably one of his top strengths. He reminds me a little of Ron Mercer in the way he shoots and takes contact.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, but they were putbacks that he was routinely missing in November and most of December.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ballwhore View Post
    Strange good?How? This is what i envisioned. Hill and DJ running together.

Just different. Different having Pendergraph playing SF. Different having DJ, OJ, and Lance playing together. Just different.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    FOr those of you watching at home, Was he really that dominant in this game?
    I don't think so. He had a lot of easy looks created for him, and despite Larry Sanders' blocks, the Bucks really offered no resistance at the rim so he had some uncontested putbacks. That's why he finished in double figures in offensive rebounds and points.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That's amazing. I wouldn't have thought it possible.
    Atlanta was leading 53 - 38 at the half. The Celtics won due to outscoring the Hawks 9 - 33 in the 3rd quarter.

Want to know what is worse than losing a 15 point lead in a quarter? Doing this at home.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I don't think so. He had a lot of easy looks created for him, and despite Larry Sanders' blocks, the Bucks really offered no resistance at the rim so he had some uncontested putbacks. That's why he finished in double figures in offensive rebounds and points.

Does it really matter? I'm just happily elated Hibbert had this type of game! Maybe this is what he's been needing to get him jumpstarted.

They way DWest and PG was producing if Hibbert hadn't had this type of game it would have been Bucks 3-0 over the Pacers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great win when you factor in that we smoked a decent (but judging from RealGM forum users, imploding?) Bucks team in front of a 15,000 person crowd. Ill take it.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Great win when you factor in that we smoked a decent (but judging from RealGM forum users, imploding?) Bucks team in front of a 15,000 person crowd. Ill take it.
    Buck fans in RealGM are calling for the tank since last year.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    No doubt OJ is a good slasher.
    Yeah, he was killing it out there.

If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Sam Young. In fact, I think he's a keeper, especially if he continues to get small contracts. Its Gerald Green that I'd want OJ to replace...Greens looked pretty ugly most of the season I think.
    That's how I feel as well. If OJ flames out, fair enough, give Gerald Green another try, but I suspect in the next year or two OJ will be our backup 2. Perhaps sharing the back court with Lance if LS is not starting?

Agreed. He had a good game, but his offense is still bad.

Which, personally, doesn't bother me a ton because I want him for his defense first and foremost, and he's pretty huge for us in that department.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Yes, but they were putbacks that he was routinely missing in November and most of December.
    And (seriously) good for him, it's just that he did it against a team playing a bunch of power forwards and no real centers out there, and Sanders is as wirey and Roy is and thus not capable of keeping him at bay as well as most other bigs in the league can. It makes sense that he'd kind of "go off" in that regard tonight.

He did his job, and I'm happy about that, but I don't take it as a sign of things to come, either.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Yeah, he was killing it out there.
    He probably doesn't remember exactly how it all went down, though.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: