Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevyn Pritchard twitter chat

Banned

Default Kevyn Pritchard twitter chat

@PacersKev: @Crimicles2 David West is a Pacer through and through. We want him here for a long time. We can start negotiations in July. #PacersChat

Default Re: Kevyn Pritchard twitter chat

Should be interesting to see what Kevyn addresses.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He also stated that they're hoping for Granger to return AFTER the All-Star break....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Just by pure guessing. I thought right after AS break.
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @PacersKev: @Crimicles2 David West is a Pacer through and through. We want him here for a long time. We can start negotiations in July. #PacersChat
    Which I'm fine with, but not at over $10M/yr. Especially cause his defense is already a liability and he's not a strong rebounder. No guarantees on the knee either. Love the guy, but I think he's playing himself out of what the Pacers can probably afford.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

@boss2356: @PacersKev O Johnson has been putting up big #'s in D-League. Chances he gets some quality run with the big boys? #PacersChat
    @PacersKev: @boss2356 prob not but he is improving. #PacersChat

@BrianTHughes: @PacersKev True or False...Augustine was mad he wasn't starting PG, and hasn't been giving full-effort bc of it? #PacersChat
    @PacersKev: @BrianTHughes False. He has been terrific in the lockerroom. He is a good kid that has stayed ready. He played two very good games.

@PacersKev: @magoblanco17 DJ has been very good lately. We are sticking with him.

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    @boss2356: @PacersKev O Johnson has been putting up big #'s in D-League. Chances he gets some quality run with the big boys? #PacersChat
    @PacersKev: @boss2356 prob not but he is improving. #PacersChat

@BrianTHughes: @PacersKev True or False...Augustine was mad he wasn't starting PG, and hasn't been giving full-effort bc of it? #PacersChat
    @PacersKev: @BrianTHughes False. He has been terrific in the lockerroom. He is a good kid that has stayed ready. He played two very good games.

@PacersKev: @magoblanco17 DJ has been very good lately. We are sticking with him.
    Yeah, because he also has 0 value. And anyone on the roster you'd like to trade has low value. So, yeah, they are sticking with him.

I'd like the Pacers to cut Ben and sign Delonte West and see who ends up with the backup pg job between DJ and West. My money is on West. Blah blah not going to happen, yes, I know.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Which I'm fine with, but not at over $10M/yr. Especially cause his defense is already a liability and he's not a strong rebounder. No guarantees on the knee either. Love the guy, but I think he's playing himself out of what the Pacers can probably afford.
    What do you think about a 4 year/$32M contract? it'd be a bargain the first two years, and probably a little bit over the top the final year or 2. But the sweet spot for success with this team w/ Granger involved is 2-3 years so that would keep our starting 7 intact for that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    He also stated that they're hoping for Granger to return AFTER the All-Star break....
    I would think after 3 and 1/2 months we could speculate this was more than a simple knee injection procedure.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I tend to agree with your last statement. I believe DW is going to get some pretty big offers for probably 2/3 years after this season. I really doubt if 8-10 million will get him to stay, but would love it if it did. Not sure how we can offer much over 10 mill and keep the starters we want to keep.Close to $50 mill for the starters with PG coming up for a new contract after next season? Doable, I guess, but close.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I would think after 3 and 1/2 months we could speculate this was more than a simple knee injection procedure.
    Since the injection is not the reason why it is taking so long I don't see your point. When you have an injury, it is rarely the procedure to fix it that is what keeps you on the sideline. If it was the surgery that defined how long they will be out, ACL tears probably wouldn't be season ending.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Since the injection is not the reason why it is taking so long I don't see your point.
    Well, so far the only procedure reported to be done to alleviate Danny's knee problem is an injection. I'm not blaming the injection at all for him being out. I'm not a doctor but it would seem a simple injection would have had clear results pretty quick. I'm at an age where half the people I know get injections all the time for bad backs, necks, knees and everything in between. And usually they take this path until they have to have some type of actual surgery. Once again... IMHO the whole story is not being told and more than a simple injection and waiting for time to heal or clear the knee pain just doesn't seem right.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Bruno was on Dakich the other day, he thought Danny wouldn't be back at all this year. Not that he knows, but with this type of injury Danny can't even start to do anything until late Jan/ Early Feb, per Bruno. So, he thought with NO actvity before then it was likely he wouldn't play this season.
    I can see his logic, no one knows, but it made sense why he thought that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Bruno was on Dakich the other day, he thought Danny wouldn't be back at all this year. Not that he knows, but with this type of injury Danny can't even start to do anything until late Jan/ Early Feb, per Bruno. So, he thought with NO actvity before then it was likely he wouldn't play this season.
    I can see his logic, no one knows, but it made sense why he thought that.
    Well, we know that he's been shooting around (Twitpic)....Not that that is very taxing physically, but at least that is a sign that he is moving around on it and able to hop at least a little....

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    Well, we know that he's been shooting around (Twitpic)....Not that that is very taxing physically, but at least that is a sign that he is moving around on it and able to hop at least a little....
    Not to mention his celebrations during big moments, although a short burst of movement is a lot different than a continual movement.

Yeah, because he also has 0 value. And anyone on the roster you'd like to trade has low value. So, yeah, they are sticking with him.

I'd like the Pacers to cut Ben and sign Delonte West and see who ends up with the backup pg job between DJ and West. My money is on West. Blah blah not going to happen, yes, I know.

Do the Pacers even have the money to sign Delonte West? That would be weird, 2 DWest's.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I think the procedure was simple. Inject a miracle drug into a deteriorating tendon and hope for the best.

Tendonosis (not tendonitis) is appearantly a nasty monster. Will they be able to stop the degradation of the tendon?

I'll not comment on when I think he'll play again, nor will I say the name Stipano.... nevermind.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Good to hear that David is in the long term plans. I don't care what they pay him as long as we can sign PG when the time comes. In the world of NBA basketball, DWest is worth every bit of 10MPY.

Also he is not a liability on defense as much as people like to say he is. The Pacers are the NUMBER 1 DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE NBA. A team that is so good defensively doesn't have defensive liabilities who play 30+ minutes.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Good to hear that David is in the long term plans. I don't care what they pay him as long as we can sign PG when the time comes. In the world of NBA basketball, DWest is worth every bit of 10MPY.

Also he is not a liability on defense as much as people like to say he is. The Pacers are the NUMBER 1 DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE NBA. A team that is so good defensively doesn't have defensive liabilities who play 30+ minutes.
    I think the Pacers defensive rank really just shows how great Paul and Roy are at defense, and how great of a strategy they use. Hell just look at how their abilities was able to cover up for Augustin's putrid defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    I'll not comment on when I think he'll play again, nor will I say the name Stipano.... nevermind.
    Shut your mouth ......... Shaft... a bad mofo... Jay you're bringing back some crappy memories.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would like to see the Pacers extend him at the 10m per year for 3 more years. He is the Pacers backbone IMO!

Mood

Its gonna be great to get Danny back whenever he gets back. We will be that much better!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I think the Pacers defensive rank really just shows how great Paul and Roy are at defense, and how great of a strategy they use. Hell just look at how their abilities was able to cover up for Augustin's putrid defense.

Its team defense that matters. Shut-down defenders who don't/ can't rotate on time might hurt a team's defense more than they can help it.

Individual defense is one of the most over-talked subjects in the history of mankind. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration.

It doesn't matter what any of us think of the Pacers as individual defenders, because they are clearly getting the job done as a unit.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Terrific news about D. West.

Otherwise, I hope DG comes back. Unless Pritchard is blowing smoke, coming back some time after the all-star break should give him enough time conditioning wise to be ready for the playoffs and gel with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Great team defenses can have liabilities on defense. This only because not every team in the NBA has the ability to start five studs on defense.

Look at Chicago, and Boozer's **** poor effort on defense. The rest of the team makes up for his flaws. However, if they were able to be smart and amnesty Boozer and start Gibson their defense would be all world. The type of defense that could help them beat Miami.

See the thing everyone forgets is come playoff time the competition is raised and liabilities such as West become glaring weaknesses. Are we winning the rebound battle now? Of course. Will we in the playoffs? Not against the good teams. Sorry. It just isn't happening.

Now, if West was a rim protecting forward with good defense we would have ability to beat ANYONE. But we won't. We're going to lose to Miami in the playoffs. We will. And those who think West is worth 10mil will wonder why.

It's just the truth folks. It hurts me too.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post: