Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacers Coming to Fox Sports Midwest

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Coming to Fox Sports Midwest

Yeah, I remember the good old days of Pacers on Fox Sports Midwest. Granted it was no NBA on NBC, but it was still nostalgic.

However, it's hard not to believe this has everything to do with the NHL lockout.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure enough, didn't get the game tonight. Called Directv to ask about Fox Sports Midwest Plus and the lady tried to sell me on Fox Soccer Plus. And while I enjoy soccer, that wasn't the reason I was calling. Looks like for sure I will be getting the Heat game next Tuesday.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FSMidwest blacked out, even though it's my RSN....Is it working for those of you in Indy or elsewhere??

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I had it in Indy on DirecTV with FSI listed as "upcoming game - Bobcats" in the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FSMidwest blacked out, even though it's my RSN....Is it working for those of you in Indy or elsewhere??
    Didn't work for me either. I was quite angry. Called Directv and they didn't offer me anything that helped. Said they were still 'negotiating' to make this happen, but I'm not sure what that even mean since the Pacers and FSMidwest already cut a deal.

My Dad called (he's a Directv customer as well) and they told him it was on in the St. Louis area. When my Dad mentioned that we're right smack in between St. Louis and Indy (a.k.a. closer to Indy than St. Louis is), the guy said, 'Yeah, you're right. That doesn't make sense that you wouldn't be getting it.' So...I have no idea.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

I thought that it was mentioned on a prior game broadcast that a couple games would air on a different DirecTv channel. I thought it was 621 for DTV?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Here is my latest convo with Dish...

Joe Wallace
    Here's the deal....Fox Sports MidWest signed a deal with the Indiana Pacers making them the "home" NBA team for the STL area....Which is my RSN....Indiana Pacers games are now shown on FSMidWest, and their spillover channel FSMidWest+ (FSMidWest+ isn't available to Dish customers, but it is available to cable and DirectTV customers....Please fix this), but for some reason last night, even though FSMidWest is my RSN, and the Pacers are now my Home NBA team, the Pacers game was blacked out to me....I had to go watch the game at a neighbors house (Cable subscriber). Can you please explain to me why I am not able to watch the games on my RSN....Here is a link to the announcement of the contract that effectively brings Pacers games to residents in Missouri and Illinois....

http://www.foxsportsindiana.com/01/0...blockID=844653 I understand not being able to watch the games that are on FSMidwest+ because Dish doesn't offer that channel (please make it available), but I cannot for the life of me understand why I am not able to watch the games televised on FSMidWest (my RSN)....I called Dish support last night and was told by the operator that the game was blacked out to EVERYONE on FSMidWest which is just as puzzling. I explained everything to her about the RSN, Pacers being my home NBA team, etc etc, but she told me it was FSWidWest and the NBA that I needed to contact because there was nothing she could do.

I am not expecting miracles, nor am I expecting Dish to do something illegal such as televising out of network games to me, but I do expect to be able to watch games that are in my RSN. It puzzles me why my neighbor (Cable customer) was able to watch the game on FSMidWest and I wasn't. It is infuriating to say the least, and I would be lying if I said the thought of switching providers so that I can watch Pacers games hasn't crossed my mind.

Please advise me on what I can do, or what I can expect to be done regarding this issue. Watching my favorite NBA team, the Pacers (yes I am really a true, blue, Pacers fan) is one of my guilty pleasures, and will weigh heavily on any decision I make regarding my television/cable/satellite service.

My account info is as follows:
    Account Number: ******
    AccountHolder: ******
    AccountPIN: ****

Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give me regarding this issue.

Pacers games to air on FOX Sports Midwest
    www.foxsportsindiana.com
    Indiana Pacers games to air in Missouri and Illinois on FOX Sports Midwest and FOX Sports Midwest Plus

DISH
    Joe, we normally broadcast a RSN + channel on an alternate channel when there is a game. For example on Saturday 1/12 the Bobcats at Pacers game will be shown on channel 445 or 446. Here is a link to our game finder that should help you locate these games. http://bit.ly/PXar0S - Zach S

Joe Wallace
    Locating the games is not the issue....The issue is the fact that it was blacked out last night. Also, the channel that you have listed on 445 or 446 is listed as FSMidWest alternate, but when the games are aired, they are listed as FSIndiana, and again, blacked out to me....

DISH
    I apologize, after double checking your account it appears this games will be blacked out. You will have access to Chicago Bulls games based off your zip code. I have forwarded the link you provided to our programming team. - Zach S

Joe Wallace
    Here is another link that you could forward on. This link is from the NBA, and officially lists the games, channels, and DMA's they should be available in....

"This schedule of Pacers telecasts will be distributed in Illinois, St. Louis and mid-Missouri in these DMAs: Champaign-Springfield, Peoria, Paducah-Cape Girardeau, St. Louis, Columbia-Jefferson City, Quincy-Hannibal, Ottumwa-Kirksville, Rockford, Springfield (Mo.), Joplin, Davenport-Rock Island-Moline."
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fox-s...souri-illinois

I am VERY shocked that it is taking customer complaints and information to make Dish aware of these changes..... I would think this is something that should be handled by Dish and the FCC seeing as the FCC creates and maintains the DMAs....Is this something that I would need to contact the FCC regarding since Dish is blocking my access to programming within my DMA??

DISH
    If you'd like I would be able to transfer you to our Executive Resolutions Team. They would be able to assist you further. I would just need a good contact number and time to call. - Zach S

Joe Wallace
    That might be the best resolution at this point. They may contact me any time after 4:00PM CST at ***-***-****.
    See where this gets us....
    Last edited by ejwallace; 01-09-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Man, you sure got more info than I did. I may have to try to email Directv instead of calling. When the announcement was originally made, I didn't hear that it would only be for select markets. My understanding that it was going to be on Fox Sports Midwest, period. Not sure why they would leave certain markets out. I get Cardinals/Cubs games both, why wouldn't I be able to get Bulls/Pacers games? I'm closer geographically to Indy anyway.

Mood

My understanding is that the ONLY DMA's that are within FSMidWest's RSN that will not get Pacers games are the Kansas City and St. Joseph, MO DMA's....Anything else that gets FSMidWest as their RSN should be able to get all the games....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had it in Indy on DirecTV with FSI listed as "upcoming game - Bobcats" in the guide.
    Mine too. I had to watch it on 671 (FSMW) instead of the usual 673 (FSI).

Not a big deal, unless you've set your DVR to record all Pacers games on 673. It is strange that for the first time in years I'm having to watch on FSMW instead of FSI.

They're already on Fox Sports so we're good
    "We want Miami"