Thread: Anyone own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Default Anyone own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

I am considering getting this for my next phone. It is really big though, but I think I would really like it.

Anyone have one of these? If you do is it too big to use as a phone ?

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anyone own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am considering getting this for my next phone. It is really big though, but I think I would really like it.

Anyone have one of these? If you do is it too big to use as a phone ?
    I have a Galaxy S3. THE GNote 2 is about 27% larger (in terms of volume).

The GS3 is absolutely perfect size, though something 27% I'm not sure how I'd feel. Admittedly, my hands are somewhat small. I suggest you go to your cell phone service provider's store and try it out.

Other than size though, your phone is a slightly more powerful version of what I have, and I aboslutely LOVE everything about the gs3 software wise. Jelly Bean is a very very operation system.

Source of my size comparison:

http://versusio.com/en/samsung-galax...-galaxy-note-2
    Last edited by neosmndrew; 12-31-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

3. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    I have a Galaxy S3. THE GNote 2 is about 27% larger (in terms of volume).

The GS3 is absolutely perfect size, though something 27% I'm not sure how I'd feel. Admittedly, my hands are somewhat small. I suggest you go to your cell phone service provider's store and try it out.

Other than size though, your phone is a slightly more powerful version of what I have, and I aboslutely LOVE everything about the gs3 software wise. Jelly Bean is a very very operation system.

Source of my size comparison:

http://versusio.com/en/samsung-galax...-galaxy-note-2
    I did go to Best Buy and test the size of it. I loved the large size, but that was only holding it for a couple of minutes. I just wonder if lugging it around all day every day will be a hassle. Also the person I was with said it looked goofy when I held it up to my ear.

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think everyone looks goofy when holding these bricks we call smartphones to their face. If it didn't feel awkward in hand to you, I'd say go for it. It should fit in the pockets of most jeans/bball shorts/sweatpants just fine. Other than cosmetics, the phone looks to be an amazing device. 2 gigs of ram in a phone is absolutely ridiculous.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

6. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I am due for a new Smart phone as well. Currently have a Samsung Galaxy Captivate with ATT. I've been looking at the Note 2 as well. Just love the huge screen, would work well for me as I have to use my phone for things like websurfing at work due to nasty key logging software on the main office computers. But I've been hesitant to take the plunge.
    1. Its $300 on contract for the cheapest version. OUCH.
    2. I own a Mac and i've read that the new Android phones are even less Mac Friendly.
    3. The Captivate is barely usable anymore in terms of gaming and productivity apps, and has been that way for about a year. Which makes me weary of getting another Android and it suffering the same obsolescence even quicker. I've already heard rumors about the GS4 coming out in April or May.

Which makes me think I should get the iphone 5 even though it seems very behind on the technology and features. In contrast to the Note 2 which i've heard nothing but rave reviews about.

Also the Xperia Z is coming out around March, and it looks like a real beast of a phone.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 01-08-2013 at 01:58 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    3. The Captivate is barely usable anymore in terms of gaming and productivity apps, and has been that way for about a year. Which makes me weary of getting another Android and it suffering the same obsolescence even quicker.
    I'm coming up on 2 years with my Droid (Motorola Atrix) and it's still going strong. I wouldn't write them off just because of that lemon.