Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Danny Granger (Non-) Update from Pacers.com

Default Re: A Danny Granger (Non-) Update from Pacers.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm ... Consider the possibility that Danny will be restricted to modest minutes for the rest of the season. In that event, would you rather see Frank play him with the 2nd group or just brief minutes (and end of game) with the starters?
    Starters. If that means 12 minutes per half in 6 minute stretches, fine. Play him the first six minutes of the game, then the last six minutes of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Hmm. So the first time Danny's talked to the press, and it's another non-update. Give us some beef, Danny! Three-quarters of this is human interest stuff, which is well and good but the question I wanted was "Do you feel like you're on-schedule with your rehab?"
    No news is good news.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Indiana is not running a "not enough basketballs to go around offense" right now, lol so his role will be what it always has been......score points. I am really excited about possibly getting him back. I think for the people that are worried about it potentially hindering PGs continued growth that you need not be. Danny's presence will put a dilemma on a lot of teams for example the Bulls.....with our current line up they would obviously have Deng on PG, Hamilton (if he's healthy) on Lance....but with a Granger line up Deng would most likely be forced to defend Danny and it'd leave PG matched up with Hamilton. Teams will run into situations like this a lot and it will only help create better scoring opportunities for PG. This will also give us more of an opportunity to see how PG has grown as a player in using his length to his advantage on the court, teams will be forced to defend him with smaller 2 guards on a much more regular basis and hopefully PG can continue to use his size to his advantage. He may not necessarily get the volume of scoring opportunities he is getting now, but the scoring opportunities he does get should be better ones. The main thing that Granger brings is free throw attempts, something hopefully PG continues to improve on. The Pacers were a poor FG% team last season as well but they scored a solid amount of points per game because they shot a lot more free throws than our opponents and we offensive rebounded well. So if Danny is still able to attack the basket like he was his added free throw attempts will be huge for our offense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    Indiana is not running a "not enough basketballs to go around offense" right now, lol so his role will be what it always has been......score points. I am really excited about possibly getting him back. I think for the people that are worried about it potentially hindering PGs continued growth that you need not be. Danny's presence will put a dilemma on a lot of teams for example the Bulls.....with our current line up they would obviously have Deng on PG, Hamilton (if he's healthy) on Lance....but with a Granger line up Deng would most likely be forced to defend Danny and it'd leave PG matched up with Hamilton. Teams will run into situations like this a lot and it will only help create better scoring opportunities for PG. This will also give us more of an opportunity to see how PG has grown as a player in using his length to his advantage on the court, teams will be forced to defend him with smaller 2 guards on a much more regular basis and hopefully PG can continue to use his size to his advantage. He may not necessarily get the volume of scoring opportunities he is getting now, but the scoring opportunities he does get should be better ones. The main thing that Granger brings is free throw attempts, something hopefully PG continues to improve on. The Pacers were a poor FG% team last season as well but they scored a solid amount of points per game because they shot a lot more free throws than our opponents and we offensive rebounded well. So if Danny is still able to attack the basket like he was his added free throw attempts will be huge for our offense.
    everything typed here I agree with

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"How has it changed you?

Granger: My life is now devoted to my children. It has made me more responsible.

What music are you listening to these days?

2 Chains."

That cracked me up.
    Grown Man Ball