Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should try to trade West for a young big 4 and maybe add in Danny for a younger wing. I suppose it could be two different trades, also. The trade needs to favor us though.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    That should have been sent using "Tapagreen", not "Tapatalk".

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    and big Roy is yet again little Roy
    I think he had a quite good game. He hit his shot for once and had some nice dimes as well. You can argue about his rebounding numbers (and you'd have a point) but PG just gobbled up every defensive rebound that was close to his proximity.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Well, Nuntius. See what I mean?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Well, Nuntius. See what I mean?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Good win on a night where West couldn't hit anything.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Yep. I was one of those haters but I've been really impressed these last couple games. Really happy to see him finding his role with the team.
    Let's hope he can continue to be useful once he goes back to the bench - because that is ultimately the role we need him to produce in.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    I hate to be THAT GUY. But Danny is almost expendable. PG and Lance is a great defensive tandem. We are going to need a PF soon so it might be worth it to take a chance on trading for a future elite young PF.
    Danny is not expendable. Without him, our offense blows. We're 28th in the league. That offense will not get it done against the top teams.

If we want to go deep in the playoffs, we need Danny.

Lance and PG will be a great tandem in the future. I believe that Lance's offensive game will grow. I believe that PG can improve even more.

But for the time being, we need Danny.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    I hate to be THAT GUY. But Danny is almost expendable. PG and Lance is a great defensive tandem. We are going to need a PF soon so it might be worth it to take a chance on trading for a future elite young PF.
    lol oh nonono don't be that guy! I wanna see Granger alongside George and see how Lance does off the bench with DJ.

Danny still has quite a few years in him. Only thing I'm ever worried about as possibly adding a little size, shotblocking and defense in place of our single 10m expiring contract.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    and big Roy is yet again little Roy
    That's a pretty good way of summarizing it.

And folks, including his teammates, need to quit excusing/consoling/cajoling him. It gets old. He can leave his sensitivity off the court and out of the locker room. It's time to put on his big boy pants and grow a pair.

And by the way, he should actually learn how to shoot the hook. It should be released high above/behind the head where it can and should be a very accurate shot, not from an extended position out in front of the body, where it is more like a prayer being sent towards a dart board.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Hopefully a few good games can get DJ going. But I think his good play is likely a product of playing with the better players (as he's not a score first PG.) Ben on the other hand was terrible. And he was playing against 3rd stringers and D-League players.

Lance is so lost on offense it's hilarious. It's a typical young player move to just stand in a corner at the three point line when you don't know what to do. I think for right now he's better off if he plays more like Tyler (as in, on instinct..not as in not passing and missing layups). It's hard to make the transition to more of a fundamentally sound/team game, but he's doing a good job. This just wasn't one of his better games.

Paul George...good lord. The funny thing about the game tonight was, as good as he played, his game was filled with mistakes that a more polished player wouldn't make. He's really got the potential to be special. And it is looking more and more like he'll end up the best player in his draft class.

Roy looked better, but offensively he's not good. That being said, I watched Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol struggle like Roy does last night. And they do it pretty often themselves. It makes me think that perhaps big men just don't shoot as well as we expect them too. (Sort of like how we expect all players to make all of their layups.) Roy, when healthy, is much better offensively than he's shown; but I wonder if people do expect a little much from him.

DWest played like he was Daddy Hansbrough tonight. Tyler is Tyler..the rest of the bench, I'm not sure I want to talk about. (Other than Ian, who has been pretty good.)

Overall, pretty good game. It's pretty inevitable that the bench is going to lose the lead, particularly against Washington (whose bench tends to score quite well.) But I can't wait for Danny to come back. Hopefully Frank will figure out a way to use them both in the offense. I don't want PG to go invisible again.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-02-2013 at 10:21 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Sports Logo

That's a pretty good way of summarizing it.

And folks, including his teammates, need to quit excusing/consoling/cajoling him. It gets old. He can leave his sensitivity off the court and out of the locker room. It's time to put on his big boy pants and grow a pair.
    What exactly did Roy do wrong tonight?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Danny is not expendable. Without him, our offense blows. We're 28th in the league. That offense will not get it done against the top teams.

If we want to go deep in the playoffs, we need Danny.

Lance and PG will be a great tandem in the future. I believe that Lance's offensive game will grow. I believe that PG can improve even more.

But for the time being, we need Danny.
    I'd like to thank you for your post but can't bring myself to thank you for something that should be intuitively obvious to every member of this forum.

So, I guess I'll just apologize for my backhanded compliment.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Roy actually had a pretty decent stat line. But good Lord was he getting pushed around like a little girl by a smaller Seraphin. Great interior passing by Roy tonight though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    What exactly did Roy do wrong tonight?
    I'm not really being fair to him at all based on this one game. I saw the post I quoted on and just sort of let loose with my pent up emotions. His sensitivities and doldrums are wearing on me a bit. He didn't deserve what I gave him for this particular game.

Let's just say I'm a game or so late or a game or so early, depending on your perspective.

The observation regarding the form of his hook, however, is pretty much accurate for the vast majority of his games. Whether he is fortunate enough to hit the shot or not.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm not really being fair to him at all based on this one game. I saw the post I quoted on and just sort of let loose with my pent up emotions. His sensitivities and doldrums are wearing on me a bit. He didn't deserve what I gave him for this particular game.

Let's just say I'm a game or so late or a game or so early, depending on your perspective.

The observation regarding the form of his hook, however, is pretty much accurate for the vast majority of his games. Whether he is fortunate enough to hit the shot or not.
    Yeah, I can agree witht he observation regarding the form of his hook (although I was never good at shooting it or any other shot ).

I can also understand the frustration about Roy's play. I was just curious about why you posted it today as he had a quite efficient game

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

I missed the game, but I was wondering about the Roy comments as well. If he'd been hitting 6 of 11 all season long he wouldn't be getting any flak. Of course, 4 rebounds ain't gonna cut it, but overall his rebounding hasn't been a problem.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I missed the game, but I was wondering about the Roy comments as well. If he'd been hitting 6 of 11 all season long he wouldn't be getting any flak. Of course, 4 rebounds ain't gonna cut it, but overall his rebounding hasn't been a problem.
    When Paul George is snatching 14 boards, i find it hard to complain about anyone's rebounding being low. PG is just a damn good rebounder.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Of course, 4 rebounds ain't gonna cut it, but overall his rebounding hasn't been a problem.
    4 rebounds do not cut it normally but PG grabbed 13 defensive boards today so I'll let it go for tonight

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    When Paul George is snatching 14 boards, i find it hard to complain about anyone's rebounding being low. PG is just a damn good rebounder.
    I clearly remember PG snatching a board out of Lance's hands. That was bad for my fantasy team

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Roy actually had a pretty decent stat line. But good Lord was he getting pushed around like a little girl by a smaller Seraphin. Great interior passing by Roy tonight though!
    I don't really understand why people get upset over Roy getting pushed around. He routinely does get pushed around, yes. But he literally routinely gets pushed around. As in, his undersized defender puts two hands on his back and pushes him away from the basket. Because he's so big, referees assume that he should take more contact before calling a foul. He probably would havee had 16-18 points tonight if he had gotten the foul calls he should have earned tonight.

It's the Shaq/Dwight complaint that they get hit hard a lot more often. Only in this case, Roy isn't quite as strong as them so it affects his offense even more. But you also notice he doesn't complain about it like other well paid centers. Those who think he needs to "put on his big boy pants" need to consider that.

The past couple of years, when Roy doesn't get rebounds it's not normally because he's being weak. Usually I find it the case that he just happened to lose more rebounds that game because he was working hard at routinely taking away rebounding position from a player or two on the opposing team. Sometimes he gets beaten to a spot, and against the strong freaks like Cousins he gets outmuscled, but he wins the battle most trips.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Roy made some really strong post moves in the first half, but then the second half he was back to playing kinda weak.

Typical Green tonight. The last two games we've got nothing from our backup wings. Something needs to be done with the rotation. If it were up to me, Green and Young would never be on the court together at the same time. It's just doing a disservice to the rest of the players on the court with them.

DJ played good D tonight, I was impressed. If he keeps playing well, I'm hoping he takes some of Green or Young's minutes. We could take out Hill early and put him back in for Paul or Lance at the end of the quarter, that way there would always be someone on the wing that can play offense. It'd also allow DJ to play with the starters more. He seems to have good chemistry those guys, especially D. West. He got him several good shots today out of the PnR, D. West just missed them.

Oh yea, I forgot, during the post game Roy basically called out the bench. Good for him.

question - do you guys think Orlando Johnson can *eventually* be somewhat of a Jordan Crawford type player?