Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 210

Thread: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

  1. #1
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    ANOTHER NICE WIN!


    (Courtesy of NBA.com)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,992

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Paul George with 29 pts , 14 reb. , 3 assists , 2 steals = stud
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  5. #3

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Solid win. The past few weeks the Pacers have been playing the way I expected them to play.

    ...


    But please, please, please get rid of Ben. He got bullied by the Washington 3rd stringers. Not NBA material at all.

  6. #4
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,947

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    DJ continues to prove the haters wrong.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DJ continues to prove the haters wrong.
    The guy is still shooting under 30% for the year, it's not like the haters didn't have a wealth of supporting evidence.

  9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DJ continues to prove the haters wrong.
    Yep. I was one of those haters but I've been really impressed these last couple games. Really happy to see him finding his role with the team.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,617

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    and big Roy is yet again little Roy
    Sittin on top of the world!

  13. #8

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    PG is a freakin beast. Another great game, what's better is this is becoming par for the course. All star? There is really tough competition at his postion in the East, but putting up those numbers and playing all NBA defense has to give him a good chance.

    On the other end of the spectrum we have Gerald Green, he made 1 good play the whole game. He looked completely lost/unfocused/uninterested. What a horrible performance by him.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  15. #9

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Another double-double for PG, and a complete all-around game tonight. Imagine if he continues to grow his game...

    And another solid game for DJ. He just works well as a starter. Not advocating him to be a permanent starter, but at some point Vogel should realize that some of his bench guys need to be together with most of the starters rather than together with fellow bench players to be productive.

    And Ian deserves also some props. Played well as a sub for Hibbert when West and Tyler just struggled.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG is a freakin beast. Another great game, what's better is this is becoming par for the course. All star? There is really tough competition at his postion in the East, but putting up those numbers and playing all NBA defense has to give him a good chance.

    On the other end of the spectrum we have Gerald Green, he made 1 good play the whole game. He looked completely lost/unfocused/uninterested. What a horrible performance by him.
    I thought Green had a good game, just not good numbers. He had that wrap-around dish to Tyler where he got fouled, the nice 3 pointer, and a good steal. (Disclaimer: I watched both the Memphis game and this game back to back, so I may be mixing and matching plays) Conversely, I thought Lance's numbers were better than his actual performance.

  18. #11

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But please, please, please get rid of Ben. He got bullied by the Washington 3rd stringers. Not NBA material at all.
    Well to be fair to Ben, he played solid in the last game against Memphis.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,928

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Despite that failed dunk and atrocious layup attempt, I have a fever and the only prescription is more Stephenson.

  21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  22. #13
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    I think we have a big enough sample size on the new Paul George now. The dude is legit.

  23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  24. #14
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another double-double for PG, and a complete all-around game tonight. Imagine if he continues to grow his game...

    And another solid game for DJ. He just works well as a starter. Not advocating him to be a permanent starter, but at some point Vogel should realize that some of his bench guys need to be together with most of the starters rather than together with fellow bench players to be productive.

    And Ian deserves also some props. Played well as a sub for Hibbert when West and Tyler just struggled.
    The more Paul George keeps us this string of scoring games going, the more excited I'm getting for the Granger/George wing duo.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  26. #15

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conversely, I thought Lance's numbers were better than his actual performance.
    Overall, Lance played well and is somehow getting more confidence from the coaching staff. He's taken more shots down the stretch and he's attacking the basket. While his last attempts are misses, you got to be glad that he's opting for close to the basket shots.

  27. #16
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,194

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    A win is a win.

    PG was great! Mahinmi solid. West and Lance rather crappy.

    Hope these nice games jump start DJ for the duration of the season. Hope it does not turn out our collection of bench talent functions better with a non - DJ style point.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  28. #17

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The more Paul George keeps us this string of scoring games going, the more excited I'm getting for the Granger/George wing duo.
    I'm pretty excited about that too. That will keep the offense dynamic. Reggie/Jalen ver.2.0? Sign me up on that.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Despite that failed dunk and atrocious layup attempt, I have a fever and the only prescription is more Stephenson.
    All of us said that he'd be WAY more effective if he's not just standing at the 3pt line waiting to be a spot up shooter. When he attacks the basket and is active off the ball...he's able to contribute far more.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  31. #19
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    I hate to be THAT GUY. But Danny is almost expendable. PG and Lance is a great defensive tandem. We are going to need a PF soon so it might be worth it to take a chance on trading for a future elite young PF.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    What a great game for Paul and Ian!! I got great seats from Eddie White, and I got to meet Christian Dudley for the first time tonight. Had a great time.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Another thing that I loved......there was a play in the 2nd half where PG was moving VERY WELL off the ball around screens where he literally ran Bradley Beal ragged. He's very active off the ball and is getting better at it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  37. #22
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to be THAT GUY. But Danny is almost expendable. PG and Lance is a great defensive tandem. We are going to need a PF soon so it might be worth it to take a chance on trading for a future elite young PF.
    I think we should try to trade West for a young big 4 and maybe add in Danny for a younger wing. I suppose it could be two different trades, also. The trade needs to favor us though.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  39. #23
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Just like everyone else has repeatedly said, all game I couldn't help think about how good this team can be with Granger back. LBJ can't guard them both...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  40. #24
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Oh, and Paul getting to the free throw line?? Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Hopefully tonight showed him how much more effective he can be if he gets to the line. The best scorers get the points anyway they can when they are forced to shoot 17 times a night.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  42. #25

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards Postgame Thread 1/2/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy is still shooting under 30% for the year, it's not like the haters didn't have a wealth of supporting evidence.
    lol
    this is true. he has supplied plenty of evidence for criticism.
    he has played well though for the last couple of games. but he still has much to do to make me glad we got him. he laid an egg for more than 25 games so he still needs to keep up the good work.

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Wizards postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
  2. Pacers/ Wizards postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 10:48 PM
  3. Wizards/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  4. Pacers/Wizards postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 06:31 PM
  5. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 12:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •