Thread: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 12/31/12

Threaded View

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 12/31/12

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm inclined to agree. I haven't watched Haddadi enough to make an accurate evaluation of his skills and talents but there's no reason not to develop a 7'2 265 lbs Center, especially when he can play good D. Haddadi is a quite good post defender and they could use him in several occassions.

For instance, the Grizzlies used Haddadi in a game agains the Lakers last March. He played almost 13 mins and contributed 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks. He can contribute defensively and on the boards but Memphis has only used him 5 games this season.

It makes sense for them since they want to develop Darrell Arthur in order to be their PF of the future but Darrell can lose them some games. He absolutely contributed to our comeback with his turnovers early in the game. But I understand that coaches need to build confidence and trust with the players that consider part of their future core. It's apparent that Haddadi is not in their long-term plans. Which is a shame, really.

I had a similar opinion last year on Vogel's lack of usage of Fesenko. I feel that both Kyrylo and Hamed can be solid back-up bigs, if given the opportunity.
    Sorry I disagree. I have a lot of respect for Lionel Hollins and his coaching abilities. Look how far Memphis has came under his leadership. I have full confidence Hollins is playing the guys he feels will give him the best shot to win. Hollins watches Haddadi (and everyone else) practice on a day to day basis. If Hadaddi was good enough to warrant serious playing time Hollins would be giving it to him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post: