Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe that the assassination of President Kennedy was a conspiracy or lone gunman...

Default Do you believe that the assassination of President Kennedy was a conspiracy or lone gunman...

I think I may have asked this before but itís been a long time ago if I did. But do any of you believe that President Kennedy was assassinated by a lone gunman or do you believe it was a conspiracy of different people?

If you do believe it was a conspiracy then in your mind who do you think ordered it and for what purpose?

I have spent the vast majority of my life believing that basically it was just Lee Harvey Oswald and that most people have been trying to project conspiracy on the subject because of either the times or their deep personal feeling for President Kennedy.

Recently I have had a change of heart, Iím not sure I believe in a conspiracy but I am now very open to the idea. I wonít say what changed my mind yet until we get some more thoughts on here but I will tell you it was from a very odd and random connection of movies and Wikipedia.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Default Re: Do you believe that the assassination of President Kennedy was a conspiracy or lone gunman...

Actually there has been so much wrote about it I don't know what to believe. I tend to believe he did it on his own though.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Default Re: Do you believe that the assassination of President Kennedy was a conspiracy or lone gunman...

As Will says, so much as been written about it, it's hard to filter through it all. Due to that, I just don't know either way.

BUT there are two reasons that make me doubt one shooter. One is when his head was thrown back in a direction somewhat perpendicular to the grassy knoll. I believe that was after he had already taken one bullet. I suppose that could have been due to ricochet. The other is Jack Ruby. Why does a guy connected with the mob kill Oswald? Normally that's to keep people quiet. It is the mystery of the 20th century and I can only say these things are interesting factoids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Facts, rumors, speculation, and even evidence certainly lend itself to the possibility there was more going on than met the eye.

I'm not sure what to believe. It could be Oswald was a lone gunmen but there was more to the story, his plans, connections, motives, etc than we were told. And

And didn't Congress do a 2nd study and this time confirm there was a conspiracy but never actually connected the dots?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I lean towards Oswald doing it alone, though I'm certainly willing to entertain the idea that it was a conspiracy.

This is an excellent resource:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everything we've been told about this through history isn't true. The real gunman was Edward Blake.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was the Templars.

Assassin's Creed said so.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 12-31-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I may have asked this before but itís been a long time ago if I did. But do any of you believe that President Kennedy was assassinated by a lone gunman or do you believe it was a conspiracy of different people?

If you do believe it was a conspiracy then in your mind who do you think ordered it and for what purpose?

I have spent the vast majority of my life believing that basically it was just Lee Harvey Oswald and that most people have been trying to project conspiracy on the subject because of either the times or their deep personal feeling for President Kennedy.

Recently I have had a change of heart, Iím not sure I believe in a conspiracy but I am now very open to the idea. I wonít say what changed my mind yet until we get some more thoughts on here but I will tell you it was from a very odd and random connection of movies and Wikipedia.
    Welcome to joining what most of the world believes. This was the first big world event of my youth. I was a sophomore in high school when it happened. I have never believed that Oswald acted alone. I think he was just what he said he was, a Patsy. He barely passed marksmanship in the Marines and was teased for being a lousy shot. "Maggie's Drawers", I am sure you have read about it. I think Castro was probably behind it since we tried to kill him a bunch of times but the Mafia was also pissed about Bobby's pursuit of them. The list of people who hated him enough is substantial. I believe the kill shot was fired from the grassy knoll. Oswald might have been involved but he was probably downstairs in the cafeteria area when it happened. Everything about that last shot is wrong. I used to be a hunter and I never had an animal jerk back toward the shot that hit them but I saw many move the other way. Back and to the left action of JFK's head does not indicated a shot from his right rear.... The Warren Commission was a complete coverup and their goal was to prevent WWIII since many thought at that time that the Russians might have been involved.......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Facts, rumors, speculation, and even evidence certainly lend itself to the possibility there was more going on than met the eye.

I'm not sure what to believe. It could be Oswald was a lone gunmen but there was more to the story, his plans, connections, motives, etc than we were told. And

And didn't Congress do a 2nd study and this time confirm there was a conspiracy but never actually connected the dots?
    Yes, they did because acoustic information showed two shots from the TSBD and the last one from the grassy knoll....... Some think this has since been refuted but not in my mind.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One shooter until proven otherwise...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    One shooter until proven otherwise...

It was proven otherwise long ago.....

No one has ever been able to use Oswald's rifle as it was when found and duplicate the shooting. This rifle jams all of the time. In fact there was a jammed shell in the rifle when it was found. The sights had to be shored up with shims to make it accurate enough to hit anything. The weapon was rusty and the bolt action was hard to work. The shooters who have been able to fire the weapon used a refurbished model that was many times better than Oswald's. They still had trouble working the rifle and hitting the target in the specified time.

The acoustic evidence showed two shots from the TSBD and the last one (the kill shot) from the grassy knoll... Two or more shooters for sure....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    No one has ever been able to use Oswald's rifle as it was when found and duplicate the shooting.

I've watched several shows replicate the shots.

I think Oswald was the lone shooter, but I'm not sure I believe that Ruby decided to kill Oswald out of his extreme patriotism, or whatever. I don't know a whole lot about Ruby, but I have a hard time believing someone would do what he did without some kind of reason or severe mental problems.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

I think Oswald was the lone shooter, but I'm not sure I believe that Ruby decided to kill Oswald out of his extreme patriotism, or whatever. I don't know a whole lot about Ruby, but I have a hard time believing someone would do what he did without some kind of reason or severe mental problems.
    You have never seen the shot replicated with LHO's weapon or one that was in the condition it was when it was found. That is because it has never been done although several military snipers tried their best.......

Banned
    Mood

What do you do about that acoustic evidence that showed the kill shot came from the grassy knoll. The House Select Committee on Assassinations determined that JFK died as the result of a conspiracy because of that acoustic evidence....

You have never seen the shot replicated with LHO's weapon or one that was in the condition it was when it was found. That is because it has never been done although several military snipers tried their best.......
    I'm glad you're telling me what I've seen and what I haven't seen.

Yes, I've seen the shot replicated with the exact type of gun used.

Military Channels "Beyond the Magic Bullet" tested it all out, down to the path of the magic bullet.
    Last edited by Since86; 12-31-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Banned
    Mood

I'm glad you're telling me what I've seen and what I haven't seen.

Yes, I've seen the shot replicated with the exact type of gun used.
    That isn't what I said. I said that the replications you saw were with refurbished Carcanos, not LHO's weapon. Those rifles were made to use the bolt action easily. Oswald's was not. No one has ever duplicated the shooting with a Carcano in the same shape as LHO's was. No one has every duplicated the shooting with LHO's own rifle. So, yes, you saw the shot replicated but not with a weapon that jams about every five to seven shots like LHO's did. You have not seen the shots replicated with a Carcano as it came in the mail with a stiff bolt action that makes it very difficult to aquire the target for another shot. So, yes, I am telling you that you have never seen those shots replicated with LHO's weapon or one that was in the condition it was when it was found. Dozens of sniper have failed that test. So, to be clear, you have not seen the shots replicatd with the exact type of gun used. That has never been done and Oswald, a lousy shot, couldn't do it either..... I own one of these weapons and they are all a complete piece of crap.....

So, yes, you saw the shot replicated but not with a weapon that jams about every five to seven shots like LHO's did.
    Good thing they only needed it for three.

Banned
    Mood

Good thing they only needed it for three.

Yes, but the kill shot came from the Grassy Knoll according to the acoustical evidence. Did you know that the single bullet theory was made up at the lest moment by the Warren Commission (and many of them never believed it) because it was impossible for more than three shots to have been fired and they determined late in the case that the first shot missed and struck a concrete curb. So, they just made up the single bullet theory to explain all of that. It was a cover-up. The evidence was manipulated (the pristine bullet that passed through two men with little damage) because the government wanted it to be a lone nut shooter to avoid WWIII...... The movie JFK had one thing right. The President's head would never have snapped "back and to the left" as a result of a shot from his right rear. Also, brain and bone landed on the trunk. A shot from the back would have sprayed the front seat with debris..... EVERYTHING in this case points to a conspiracy and more than one shooter. The big question is whether LHO fired any shots at all. He had no nitrate residue on his hand or his cheek when captured and that piece of crap Carcano would have had plenty of blow back. Did you know that the experts refused to fire LHO's weapon until it had been test fired in a vice because they thought it might explode?

This re-creation shows that the "single bullet theory" is really the single bullet fact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSXkfV_mhA

People don't want to believe that a little twerp like Oswald could kill one of the most beloved Presidents in history. People want to believe that there was a grand conspiracy behind it because that's the only way it can make sense to them. But 50 years later and no credible theory has ever been proven. The most plausible theory is that Oswald did it, and Oswald did it alone.

The big question is whether LHO fired any shots at all. He had no nitrate residue on his hand or his cheek when captured and that piece of crap Carcano would have had plenty of blow back. Did you know that the experts refused to fire LHO's weapon until it had been test fired in a vice because they thought it might explode?
    Oswald was captured at the movie theater a little over an hour after the shooting. That is plenty of time to wash your hands and face.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This re-creation shows that the "single bullet theory" is really the single bullet fact:

People don't want to believe that a little twerp like Oswald could kill one of the most beloved Presidents in history. People want to believe that there was a grand conspiracy behind it because that's the only way it can make sense to them. But 50 years later and no credible theory has ever been proven. The most plausible theory is that Oswald did it, and Oswald did it alone.
    The single bullet theory is just that and a lousy theory too that has been disregarded long ago by most most expert assassin researchers. "Back and to the left, Back and to the left," that is the key and you will never explain that away all those WC apologists have been trying for nearly a half century. There is more bullet residue in the two bodies than was missing from that magic bullet that was discovered on a gurney. Experts cannot even agree on where the entrance and exit wounds are. This will continue until the body is exhumed and a proper autopsy is done to determine where those bullets hit and what angle they came from. The Lone Nutters are the first people to oppose this. We might have been able to a make some determination by examining JFK's brain but, guess what, it is missing. A street person would have gotten a better autopsy that JFK did. There was a reason why the SS stole the body before an autopsy could have been performed in Dallas as the law required. They would have had a first rate autopsy team and many of these questions would have been answered long ago...... It was a cover-up at every step. There was never a forensic investigation of the limo. It was already being washed out and evidence was being destroyed at JFK lay dying in the Dallas hospital. People claim to have seen a gun shot hole in the windshield that came from the outside. Where is the windshield? The SS destroyed it. Yes, they could tell it came from the outside because the inside of the windshield was rough to the touch as it should be. If the shot had come from the inside, the windshield would have been rough on the outside.... Where are the records of what Oswald said to the Dallas Police? Oh, no record was kept and there was no recording of his statements. The fix was in.....

Banned
    Mood

Oswald was captured at the movie theater a little over an hour after the shooting. That is plenty of time to wash your hands and face.
    You cannot scrub your hands and face enough to remove all of that residue.....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe it was a conspiracy, not a lone gunman. Believed it for so long, I guess I'll always believe it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Banned
    Mood

LHO was not a little "twerp" although the government has portrayed him that way. He spoke Russian well enough that his wife thought he was a native. He had a top secret clearance for the radar work he was doing on the U-2 project. He was extremely intelligent and the government has refuesed to show his tax records to this day. The reason is that it would likely show that he was an employee of the CIA...... He had a handler name George DeMorenshield, who committed suicide just before he was scheduled to be interviewed by the FBI about Oswald.....

LHO was not a little "twerp" although the government has portrayed him that way. He spoke Russian well enough that his wife thought he was a native. He had a top secret clearance for the radar work he was doing on the U-2 project. He was extremely intelligent and the government has refuesed to show his tax records to this day. The reason is that it would likely show that he was an employee of the CIA...... He had a handler name George DeMorenshield, who committed suicide just before he was scheduled to be interviewed by the FBI about Oswald.....
    All I mean is that people don't want to believe that a goofy unstable 24 year old could single-handedly kill an iconic figure like JFK. People inherently want to believe there was more too it. The Holocaust was the greatest crime perpetrated by the greatest criminals. It "balances" out so to speak in that the horrible deed was carried out by a government of evil Nazis. But the JFK assassination doesn't "balance" out so to speak. People just don't to believe that one young man could pull off the crime of the century.