Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

random thought - what if we paid Jarrett Jack and had him right now? drool...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worst star? Isn't that like being the poorest billionaire?
    More like the millionaire between the billionaires, I forgot to ad Amare to that list by the way.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    And Danny is probably the worse injured "star" out of all the other ones, Bynum, Rose, Dirk and EJ are true difference makers, players that can make an 8th or 7th seat team a "contender" when healthy Danny is not that kind of player.
    Good thing we're not an 8th or 7th seed level team without him.

Also EJ turns teams into contenders? He's never even been close to sniffing the playoffs.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

A few things about Roy, he needs to lose weight.

Also, I know he played awful, but we needed his defense in the 4th quarter. Having Tyler and West out there in crunch time did not work defensively.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    You simply can't be a max contract player and have performances like this. Roy got paid, now he needs to bring it every night consistently. No one's asking for 20 and 10 every night, just consistency.
    Exactly. No team can guarantee a victory but should guarantee effort and not embarrass the team. What were the coaches doing during this time to help Roy? Do we have a real basketball mind on the sideline?

i am really tired of hearing we don't have Danny. If Danny were playing and the team was doing badly he would get the blame. Half the people on this website would have traded Danny during the offseason.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And Danny is probably the worse injured "star" out of all the other ones, Bynum, Rose, Dirk and EJ are true difference makers, players that can make an 8th or 7th seat team a "contender" when healthy Danny is not that kind of player.
    We're still contending without Danny. We're still up there in the East.

It's not like we're a team fighting to make the playoffs like Dallas, Philly, etc. We have a solid group.

EDIT: I will say Paul is beginning to look like more of a star and difference maker than Danny as far a wings go, but both will complement each other greatly. DWest has become our biggest difference maker now.
    Last edited by Trophy; 12-30-2012 at 04:59 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

I guess it's the usual overreaction to a loss and unnecessary negativity by some on here...?

This team has done very well of late and has looked like the contender from a year ago and without Danny.

I'd say with Danny, this team is overall much better than a year ago, but we need a better backup PG.

Many guys have taken huge steps forward. We need Roy to get back to himself on a consistent level.
    Last edited by Trophy; 12-30-2012 at 04:45 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Let's hope that the attendance of our games give the incentive to Herb to pay the LT.
    That really doesn't dictate it much.

Simon will spend if the FO believes whatever is needed. It's been made clear the starting 5 is going to be kept intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post

Simon will spend if the FO believes whatever is needed. It's been made clear the starting 5 is going to be kept intact.

Care to elaborate on that! I've seen nothing in print saying a starting 5 of Granger, DWest, PG, Hill, and Hibbert "is going to be kept intact."

That takes money that would put the team in LT Land. Personally, my feeling is Herb isn't willing to spend the money to do it, and the willingness to not spend money is why Bird left.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Half the people on this website would have traded Danny during the offseason.
    Half the people want to trade him, anyway. Good thing that they are not running the team, I guess
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Let's hope so. I'd be very sad if this team was blown up just because we cannot afford to pay LT since we have such low attendance

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    That takes money that would put the team in LT Land. Personally, my feeling is Herb isn't willing to spend the money to do it, and the willingness to not spend money is why Bird left.
    Is the attendance high enough to justify going in LT land?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Tyler taking out Lance and some pretty blatant no calls killed our comeback effort in the 4th.

Hibbert was being pushed around like a ***** last night. He was just in the way most the time. He do the faux screen and stand there. Not roll, or pop to an open spot... just stand there. You could hear players through the TV (West, Hill maybe) on 2 different occasions yelling at him to roll to the basket. Hill got on him about his defense too. His teammates have to be getting annoyed by him, and it wouldn't surprise me if Hill's "everybody has to to man up" quote was aimed indirectly at Roy. Just a terrible game for him. Way worse than Paul's scoreless game.

Good to see the offense getting better. Our starting 1-3 looking pretty good, they have great chemistry right now. Still getting pretty much nothing from the bench from those positions. Green takes more bad shots than good... awful, awful shot selection. Frank needs to let him know it's not okay. Lance would never see the floor if he took those kinds of shots. Glad to see Tyler playing well and knocking down some shots, but the take out of Lance was foolish and shows his low bball awareness. All he had to do was keep his arms straight on the way down to avoid crushing Lance's face. Damn, that looked like it hurt. I couldn't help but laugh, though. Tyler's so goofy.

Why does DJ keep switching on the pick and roll? He can't be the only PG on the team being coached to do that.

I think we win tomorrow. The guys have to have a bad taste in their mouth after giving up 109, and we need a win against a good team. I think we get it tomorrow.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    but the take out of Lance was foolish and shows his low bball awareness. All he had to do was keep his arms straight on the way down to avoid crushing Lance's face. Damn, that looked like it hurt. I couldn't help but laugh, though. Tyler's so goofy.
    Dude that has nothing to do with bball awarness or any of that ****. That is just bad luck, and don't try to make it anything else because that is just stupid.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Any word on Lance?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Dude that has nothing to do with bball awarness or any of that ****. That is just bad luck, and don't try to make it anything else because that is just stupid.
    I think it could've been avoided.

Lance was in with the trees. That's sometimes the price. I hope he gets better quick.

I can't remember where I read it but I know I read that someone that attended the practices at the beginning of the year said that Roy came to practice out of shape.

I understand he probably couldn't do much while getting his contract situation sorted out because he didn't want to get injured, but he really should have spent those last few weeks getting back in shape after he signed that max contract. I'm more upset at him coming in out of shape because I really think that's something that's been bothering him all year.

I wouldn't be surprised if George Hill and DWest are upset at him either. They both obviously worked pretty hard over the summer. DWest is back to his pre ACL injury self, and GHill has really grown into the pg spot. Even Lance really worked hard over the summer. PG is growing as we speak.

Roy better grow up quick or he will be getting the JO treatment from the fans.

A lot of things could be avoided, doesn't mean it is practical or remotely likely. I am willing to bet that 99.99% of the time no matter what player was in there it would have ended with Lance getting an elbow in the face. It sucks, but lets not lay blame when there is no blame to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    A lot of things could be avoided, doesn't mean it is practical or remotely likely. I am willing to bet that 99.99% of the time no matter what player was in there it would have ended with Lance getting an elbow in the face. It sucks, but lets not lay blame when there is no blame to be had.
    I might have been a little harsh, but we did crack up watching it over and over, and we all agreed it could've been avoided. Tyler grabs the rim with both hands to avoid Lance, and instead of releasing his right hand and pulling it back, he releases and pulls back his left leaving his right hand on the rim. Then instead of coming down straight up, he bends his elbow and that's what catches Lance. Not a big deal really, I'm not mad at him. I do think your 99.9% is a little high, though.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 12-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

@PeterVecsey1: Last astounding stat courtesy of Roy Hibbert who performed like a hobbit in L 2 Atl: 1R, 0-2 FG, 21M. Would pay 2 hear Mel Daniels' thoughts
    Well the hobbits in the story showed a lot of heart and were relentless despite their physical limitations that I wouldn't want to degrade them by comparing them to Hibbert or vice versa.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess it's the usual overreaction to a loss and unnecessary negativity by some on here...?

This team has done very well of late and has looked like the contender from a year ago and without Danny.

I'd say with Danny, this team is overall much better than a year ago, but we need a better backup PG.

Many guys have taken huge steps forward. We need Roy to get back to himself on a consistent level.
    How can we not expect negativity here after a loss when even if the team wins, we still get a dose of it which is expected since fans are generally intense. Though an awful lot of negativity at any given time could be a bit taxing to us sunshiners right?

As with Danny, I wouldn't want to judge him as the type whose impact is way less than the aforementioned injured "stars". I say, let's wait and see until he gets back. (although I'm expecting to get burned by alot for saying lets wait and see hehehe ) And yes, I can't wait for him to be back. He seems to have an intangible positive effect on his teammates.

Right now, I'd be pretty content with Roy being consistent on the defensive end.

West value is never going to be this high.
    I think his value will be a lot higher when we're in the playoffs and he's giving us go-to buckets.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    I can't remember where I read it but I know I read that someone that attended the practices at the beginning of the year said that Roy came to practice out of shape.
    If you can not substantiate this kind of drivel with quotes, please don't post it. There are a ton of youtube videos out there and on the Pacers' website showing Roy working his butt off over the summer, so you claiming the opposite needs more than a sold foundation. Revisionist history starts with this kind of nonsense.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    If you can not substantiate this kind of drivel with quotes, please don't post it. There are a ton of youtube videos out there and on the Pacers' website showing Roy working his butt off over the summer, so you claiming the opposite needs more than a sold foundation. Revisionist history starts with this kind of nonsense.
    Actually, someone did post something to that effect.... it was a Bleacher Report idiot.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca